Đề thi chọn học sinh giỏi lớp 7 cấp huyện môn tiếng Anh năm học 2017-2018 (Đề 718)
Đề thi chọn học sinh giỏi tiếng Anh lớp 7
Nhằm giúp các bạn học sinh có tài liệu ôn tập những kiến thức cơ bản, kỹ năng giải các bài tập Tiếng Anh lớp 7 nhanh nhất và chuẩn bị cho kì thi sắp tới tốt hơn, hãy tham khảo ngay Đề thi chọn học sinh giỏi lớp 7 cấp huyện môn tiếng Anh năm học 2017-2018 (Đề 718) được đăng tải trên VnDoc.com.
KÌ THI KSCL CÁC ĐỘI TUYỂN HSG KHỐI 7 Năm học: 2017-2018
ĐỀ THI MÔN: TIẾNG ANH
(Thời gian 90 phút)
I. Find the word the underlined part is pronounced differently. (5 pts)
1. A. this
2. A. look
3. A. define
4. A. means
5. A. wondered
II. Choose A, B, C or D to complete the following sentences: (15 pts)
6. ________ I carry that bag for you? - Oh, thank you.
7. When Jane came to England, she had to get used________ on the left.
A. to drive
C. to driving
8. This is the first time I________ Thailand.
A. has visited
D. have visited
9. Would you mind if I________ a photo?
C. would take
D. am going to take
10. There is nothing to prevent the children________ playing here.
11. What is the________ of your country? - 75,000.000 people
12. She isn't__________ well with the new manager.
A. going on
B. getting on
C. keeping on
D. taking on
13. Don’t shout, dear. I can’t________ the shout!
14. He laughs________ of her funny face.
15. We are going to________ our 20th wedding. Please stay and come.
16. They felt________ when Tet was coming near.
17. Nam________ to the sea when she lived in Hai Phong.
B. has gone
C. used to go
D. is going
18. They________ me if I could speak Japanese.
19. Let’s go to the post office, ________?
A. shall we
B. will we
C. do we
D. did we
20. Don’t make me upset, ________?
A. shall you
B. do you
C. did you
D. will you
III. Fill in each blank with a suitable preposition. (10 pts)
21. I’m looking forward_________ seeing you in June‘
22. Could I help you_________ your luggage?
23. Would you mind sitting_________ the front seat of the taxi?
24. Ha Long Bay is recognized_________ UNESCO as a World Heritage Site.
25. John is interested_________ the history of Vietnam.
26. She is thinking_________ importing ﬂowers from Vietnam.
27. He realized his alarm clock didn’t go_________.
28. Everyone fell_________ the deep and dangerous water.
29. What’s the weather_________?
30. We went_________ a 10-day tour of central Africa.
IV. Complete the sentences with the correct form of the words in brackets. (10 pts)
31. I had my trousers__________ because they were too short. long
32. UFO means__________ Flying Object. identify
33. He is so__________! No wonder he has no friends. agree
34. He felt very__________ when he saw he had failed the exam again. courage
35. A__________ child can hardly feed himself. able
36. Compost is a wonderful__________. It helps plants grow. fertilize
37. Linda is one of the__________ from Friends of the Earth. represent
38. Air is a__________ of gases. mix
39. Waste paper can be__________ after being recycling. use
40. It’s__________ to cross the avenue. danger
V. Choose the best answer A, B, C or D to complete this passage. (10 pts)
Nobody likes staying at home on a public holiday especially if the weather is fine. Last August we decided to (41)_______ the day in the country. The only difficulty was that millions of other people had exactly the same idea. We moved (42)_______ of the city slowly behind along (43)_______ of cars, but at last we came to a quiet country road and after some time, stopped at a lonely farm. We had (44)_______ plenty of food with us and we got (45)_______ out of the car. Now everything was ready so we sat down near a path at the foot of a hill. It was very peaceful in the cool grass until we (46)_______ bells ringing at the top of the hill. What we saw made us (47)_______ up our things and run back (48)_______ the car as (49)_______ as possible. There were about two hundred sheep coming (50)_______ us down the path .
VI. Complete the sentences, use the correct form or tense of the verbs in the brackets. (10 pts)
a. (51. write)_______ the letter, she put it in an envelope.
b. When Linda (52. come)_______ back from the beach, she (53. look) very red from the Sun.
c. Yesterday I (54. walk)_______ along the street when I (55. realize)_______ a man with a black beard, whom I (56. see)_______ three times already, (57. follow)_______ me.
d. Hello, Mary. The party last night was great. You should (58. come)_______.
e. We fell over some pieces of wood (59. leave)_______ (60. lie)_______ around.
VII. Choose from A, B, C, or D the one that best answers each of the questions. (10 pts)
The Stone Age was a period of history which began in approximately two million B.C and lasted until 3000 B.C. Its name was derived from the stone tools and weapons that modern scientists found. This period was divided into the Paleolithic, Mesolithic, and Neolithic Ages. During the first period (2 million to 8000 B.C), the first hatchet and use of fire for heating and cooking were developed. As a result of the Ice Age, which evolved about one million years into the Paleolithic Age, people were forced to seek shelter in caves, wear clothing, and developed new tools. During the Mesolithic Age (8000 to 6000 B.C), people made crude pottery and the first fish hooks, took dogs hunting, and developed the bow and arrow, which was used until the fourteenth century A.D. The Neolithic Age (6000 to 3000 B.C) saw humankind domesticating sheep, goats, pigs, and cattle, being less nomadic than in previous eras, establishing permanent settlements, and creating governments.
61. Into how many periods was the Stone Age divided?
62. The word“derived” is closest meaning to___________.
63. Which of the following was developed earliest?
A. fish hook
B. bow and arrow
64. Which of the following developments is NOTrelated to the conditions of the Ice Age?
C. living indoors
D. using fire
65. The word “crude”is closest meaning to___________.
VIII. Complete the second sentence so that it has the same meaning to the first. (20 pts)
66. He forgot about the bag until he got home. - Not until………………………………….
67. As television program become more popular, they seem to get worse. - The more……………
68. Turn off all switches before leaving the room. - All switches……………………………..
69. Whose suitcase is this? - Who……………………………….………?
70. Must you go so soon? It's only six o'clock. - Can't you…………………………..……?
71. I'll be busy working while you're on holiday. - During………………………..………….
72. You may get hungry on the train, so take some sandwiches. - In…………………………………………...
73. It is believed that the man escaped in a stolen car. - The man……………….……….………..
74. "It certainly wasn't me who took your car" said Alice. - Alice denied……………………………
75. It's possible that he didn't get my letter. - He might…………………………….…..
__________THE END_________ Total:………../90
Kì thi học sinh giỏi diễn ra rất gần với kì thi học kì 1, do đó nhằm giúp các bạn ôn tập song song để có kết quả tốt nhất ở mỗi kì thi, mời các bạn tiếp tục vào tham khảo thêm: