Đề thi chọn học sinh giỏi lớp 9 vòng 2 môn Tiếng Anh huyện Tam Dương, Vĩnh Phúc năm 2013 - 2014
Đề thi chọn học sinh giỏi lớp 9 môn Tiếng Anh
Đề thi chọn học sinh giỏi lớp 9 vòng 2 môn Tiếng Anh huyện Tam Dương, Vĩnh Phúc năm 2013 - 2014 có đáp án là tài liệu tham khảo hữu ích dành cho các bạn học sinh lớp 9, giúp các bạn ôn tập và nâng cao kỹ năng Tiếng Anh hiệu quả, mời các bạn theo dõi.
PHÒNG GD&ĐT TAM DƯƠNG
ĐỀ CHÍNH THỨC
ĐỀ THI CHỌN HỌC SINH GIỎI LỚP 9 VÒNG 2
Năm học: 2013 - 2014
Môn: Tiếng Anh
Thời gian làm bài: 150 phút
Đề thi này gồm 05 trang
Listen to the tape twice and do the task below.
Questions 1-3: Complete the sentences below.
Write NO MORE THAN ONE WORD OR A NUMBER for each answer.
1. When did the first recorded Olympic festival take place? In ____________BC.
2. The only sport in the early athletic competitions was ____________.
3. Athletes who entered the competitions were not ____________.
Questions 4-8: Choose the best answer A or B, C, D.
4. When did everybody wishing to compete have to arrive?
A. two weeks early B. three months early C. four weeks early D. five weeks early
5. What did every competitor have to do before the games?
A. swear an oath B. greet the flag
C. run around the stadium D. bend their heads to their King
6. Which of the following is NOT true about what competitors promise today?
A. One athlete takes an oath on behalf of all the competitors.
B. They shall abide by the rules of the games.
C. They will act in an honorable and sportsmanlike manner.
D. They will not use any performance-enhancing drugs.
7. When were more modern means available?
A. In 1804 B. In 1904 C. In 1914 D. In 1844
8. What happened to Fred Lorz- the original "winner" of the Olympic marathon?
A. He was disqualified because he traveled half the distance in a car.
B. He was disqualified because he was carried across the finishing line by two of his trainers.
C. He was drunk and incapable because he ate a mix of egg whites, strychnine and brandy.
D. He couldn't finish the race because the audience attacked him.
Questions 9-10: Write NO MORE THAN THREE WORDS for each answer.
9. Who usually sponsored ancient Greek winners?
10. When were the first modern attempts made to revive the Olympics?
I. Choose the word whose underlined part is pronounced differently from that of the others.
1. A. Tamil B. Islam C. advance D. gather
2. A. official B. mosque C. optional D. tropical
3. A. collection B. necessary C. explanation D. reputation
4. A. casual B. occasion C. impression D. usually
5. A. compulsory B. adult C. publish D. campus
II. Choose the word whose stress pattern is different from that of the others.
1. A. deny B. remote C. income D. unique
2. A. locate B. subject C. scenery D. tuition
3. A. admire B. Internet C. violent D. website
4. A. government B. linguistics C. territory D. journalism
5. A. mausoleum B. vegetarian C. intermediate D. informative
C. VOCABULARY AND GRAMMAR
I. Choose the best answer from the four options marked A, B, C or D to complete each sentence below.
1. If Hoa _________rich, she would travel around the world.
A. is B. was C. were D. been
2. Ba _________a new bicycle recently.
A. bought B. buying C. buy D. has bought
3. Nam _________speaks Chinese but also speaks Japanese.
A. not only B. so C. only D. can
4. It is raining very hard, _________we can't go camping.
A. so B. so that C. more over D. however
5. Mrs. Hoa _________sings very well is Nam's mother.
A. which B. whom C. who D. where
6. Hung enjoys _________fishing and boating.
A. to go B. go C. going D. went
7. We must finish our project _________.
A. on time B. in time C. yesterday D. time
8. _________a kind of everlasting energy, solar energy may be the solution to our crisis.
A. Because B. Since C. As D. With
9. Students _________universities may have many difficulties in finding good study methods.
A. enter B. entering C. that enter D. who enter
10. _________tired, I went to bed early.
A. To feel B. Felt C. Feeling D. Having
11. Either John or his brothers _________the money.
A. has stolen B. have stolen C. has been stolen D. have been stolen
12. My dog as well as my cats _________twice a day.
A. eat B. eats C. has eaten D. have eaten
13. Do it right now, _________?
A. do you B. aren't you C. will you D. don't you
14. The teacher advised the children _________and see the dentist regularly.
A. went B. going C. go D. to go
15. I wish you _________to the theater last night, but you didn't.
A. would come B. had come C. was coming D. came
Đáp án đề thi chọn học sinh giỏi lớp 9 môn Tiếng Anh
A. LISTENING (10 điểm)
1. 776 2. running 3. professional
4. C 5. A 6. A
7. B 8. A 9. their city state
10. in 19th century
B. PHONETICS (10 điểm)
I. (5) 1. B 2. A 3. B 4. C 5. D
II. (5) 1. C 2. D 3. A 4. B 5. D
C. VOCABULARY AND GRAMMAR (30 điểm)
I. (15) 1. C 2. D 3. A 4. A 5. C
6. C 7. A 8. D 9. D 10. C
11. B 12. B 13. C 14. D 15. B
II. (5) 1. C 2. B 3. C 4. B 5. A
III. (5) 1. generosity 2. poverty 3. economical
4. competitors 5. traditionally
IV. (5) 1. had been working 2. haven't met 3. didn't John want
4. are made 5. had left
D. READING (30 điểm)
I. (10) 1. C 2. C 3. A 4. C 5. B
6. C 7. B 8. D 9. A 10. D
II. (10) 1. watching 2. common 3. look
4. wearing 5. to
6. that 7. talking
8. about 9. is 10. turn
III. (10) 1. A 2. B 3. B 4. A 5. C
6. C 7. B 8. D 9. D 10. D
E. WRITING (20 điểm)
I. (5) 1. I wish I hadn't spent too much money on clothes.
2. Football is said to be the best game to play.
3. Tom thanked me for helping him.
4. It is a three-hour drive from Hai Phong to Ha Noi.
5. Never before has John been so rude to anybody.
II. (5) 1. I am afraid that the air pollution in our city is getting worse and worse.
2. We can use the Internet as an effective way for self-study.
3. We shouldn't swim in this river because its water is highly polluted.
4. In the city there was so much traffic and noise and there was no time to relax.
5. I will miss the train unless I leave now.
III. (10) The candidate's essay should include the following points:
- Organization: Introduction- body- ending- linking words...(2)
- Content: Should be clear, logical and creative with explanations... (6)
- Language skills: Should be free of grammatical and spelling errors... (2)
Giám khảo chú ý:
Đáp án + Hướng dẫn chấm này chỉ là một trong những cách giải. Thí sinh có thể giải theo cách khác, giám khảo căn cứ vào bài làm cụ thể của thí sinh để cho điểm hợp lý.
Tổng điểm toàn bài: 100 điểm - Sau đó quy ra thang điểm 10 (Không làm tròn).