1. The mausoleum is … by Thien Thu mountain, two towering columns and a vast expanse of water.
2. Put plants … a window so that they will get enough light.
3. Employers often require that candidates have not only a degree ….
4. Richard Nixon had been a lawyer and ….... before he entered politics.
5. If one of the participants in a conversation wonders … no real communication has taken place.
6. The salary of a bus driver is much higher ….
7. Professional people expect ..… when it is necessary to cancel an appointment.
8. Sedimentary rocks are formed below the surface of the earth … very high temperatures and pressures.
9. Farmers look forward to …. every summer.
10. Clipper ships were the swiftest sailing ships that … to sea and most beautiful.
11. The ships had their days of … in the 1840s and 1850s.
12. Tea loses its flavor quickly … in the hold of a vessel.
13. Earl was one of the first American artists … landscapes.
14. The crime rate has continued to rise in American cities despite efforts on the part of both government and private citizens to curb …....
15. In 1778, he … to London to study with Benjamin West for four years.
16. No one has been able to satisfactorily explain how or ...… the Moon sporadically sparks.
17. The basic fiber-optics system is called a fiberscope, … consists of two bundles of fibers.
18. Physicians can look into the lungs, heart and other areas that were formerly … to them.
19. …his highly individual conceptions of music and chaos, John Cage became a leading figure in avant-garde music.
20. Sanford Meisner … the Neighborhood Playhouse in New York City.