Bài tập ở nhà tiếng Anh lớp 9 mới trong thời gian nghỉ dịch Corona (từ 23/03 - 28/03)
Phiếu bài tập môn tiếng Anh lớp 9 tuần 23 - 28/03
Đề ôn tập ở nhà lớp 9 môn tiếng Anh tuần 4 tháng 3/2020 dưới đây nằm trong bộ đề bài tập tiếng Anh lớp 9 mới năm 2019 - 2020 do VnDoc.com sưu tầm và đăng tải. Đề kiểm tra tiếng Anh lớp 9 gồm nhiều dạng bài trắc nghiệm + tự luận tiếng Anh lớp 9 khác nhau giúp các em ghi nhớ kiến thức hiệu quả.
Lưu ý: Nếu không tìm thấy nút Tải về bài viết này, bạn vui lòng kéo xuống cuối bài viết để tải về.
Choose the word that is stressed differently from that of the other words.
|1. A. importance||B. industry||C. performance||D. provision|
|2. A. obey||B. contain||C. express||D. carbon|
Choose the word whose underlined part is pronounced differently from that of the others
|3. A. hobby||B. happy||C. imaginary||D. multiply|
|4. A. existed||B. controlled||C. decayed||D. complained|
Choose the best answer to fill in the blank.
5. Do you ________ my turning the television on now?
6. She asked me ________ speak Russian.
A. I could
B. if I can
D. if I could
7. You can't speak Russian ________.
A. Neither can't I
B. I can't neither.
C. Either can I
D. Neither can I
8. It's a long journey by train, it's much ________ by road.
A. more quickly
B. more quick
9. I don't like doing the ___________ , especially cleaning the windows.
10. Only ________ research has been carried out in this field.
A. not much
B. a little
D. a few
11. When the company has to close because of economic difficulties, he becomes ________.
12. Your car is very ________. It hardly uses any petrol at all.
13. "Those students will perform the annual school play."
- "Yes, it is ________ next week."
B. put on
Choose the correct word or phrase to complete each sentence. Write A, B, C, or D.
14. - "Oh, hi Tommy!". - " ________."
A. Very well, thanks.
B. Wait a minute.
C. I'm a friend.
D. How do you do?
15. - "Would you like to stay here tonight?" the man asked.
- " ________ I'd be in the way."
A. Yes, I'd love to.
C. You're welcome.
D. No, thank you.
Mark the letter A, B, C or D on your answer sheet to indicate the word or phrase that is OPPOSITE in meaning to the underlined part in each of the following questions.
16. The day of the party came near, and Madame Loisel seemed sad, uneasy, and anxious.
17. It was important to remove the fear of failure and to be patient with new research.
Mark the letter A, B, C or D on your answer sheet to indicate the word or phrase that is CLOSEST in meaning to the underlined part in each of the following questions.
18. The two necklaces were very alike.
19. The memory of Nanny was still powerful and strong.
Identify the mistake in each sentence
20. If it rain (A), I will stay (B) at home (C) and watch (D) TV.
21. When (A) he came (B), we were (C) having dinners (D).
22. Can (A) you tell me (B) what you have done (C) at 8 o'clock (D) last night?
Read the passage and decide which answer A, B, C or D best fits each space
Bodies are made to be active! They are not designed for sitting in front of television, computer or reading magazines. Keeping fit doesn’t (23)____ that you have to be a super athlete to enjoy it and even a (24)___ exercise can give you a lot of fun. When you are fit and healthy, you will find you look better and feel better. You’ll (25)____ more energy and self-confidence.
Physical exercise is very good (26)____ your body. People who take regular exercise are usually happier, more relaxed and more alert (27)____ people who sit around all day. Try an experiment -next time you’re in a bad mood, go for a walk or play a ball game, you will see doing some exercise greatly lift up your mood.
|23. A. make||B. define||C. mean||D. signify|
|24. A. few||B. much||C. no much||D. little|
|25. A. boots||B. spend||C. discover||D. accelerate|
|26. A. for||B. across||C. on||D. with|
|27. A. as||B. then||C. than||D. that|
Read the following text and choose the best answer for the questions below.
Telecommuting is some form of computer communication between employees’ homes and offices. For employees whose jobs involve sitting at a terminal or word processor entering data or typing reports, the location of the computer is of no consequence. If the machine can communicate over telephone lines, when the work is completed, employees can dial the office computer and transmit the material to their employers.
Clearly, change simply takes time. But in addition, there has been active, resistance on the part of many managers. These executives claim that supervising the telecommuters in a large work force scattered across the country would be too difficult, or, at least, systems for managing them are not yet developed, there by complicating the manager’s responsibilities.
It is also true that employees who are given the option of telecommuting are reluctant to accept the opportunity. Most people feel that they need regular interaction with a group, and many are concerned that they will not have the same consideration for advancement if they are not more visible in the office setting. Some people feel that even when a space in their homes is set aside as a work area, they never really get away from the office.
28. With which of the following topics is the passage primarily concerned?
A. the failure of telecommuting
B. a definition of telecommuting
C. an overview of telecommuting
D. the advantages of telecommuting
29. The phrase “of no consequence” means ________.
A. of no use
D. of no good
30. The author mentions all of the following as concerns of telecommuting, EXCEPT ___.
A. the lack of interaction with a group
B. the work place is in the home
C. the different system of supervision
D. the opportunities for advancement
31. The reason why telecommuting has NOT become popular is that the employees ____.
A. are ignorant of telecommuting
B. need regular interaction with their families
C. are worried about the promotion if they are not seen at the office
D. feel that a work area in their homes is away from the office
32. It can be inferred from the passage that the author is ________.
A. a manager
B. a telecommuter
C. a reporter
D. a statistician
Complete the second sentence so that it has the similar meaning to the first one.
33. Peter is sorry now that he didn’t accept the job.
Peter wishes _________________________________________________________
34. Learning English is very necessary.
It is _________________________________________________________________
35. Although his leg was broken, he managed to get out of the car.
36. If someone doesn't put the coal in, the fire will go out.
Combine each pair of sentences, using the words / phrases in brackets. Don't change the given words / phrases.
37. The girl is very friendly. Her mother lived next door to us. (whose)
38. The painters painted our house last month. (had)
39. It's very cold. We can't go swimming today. (so)
40. She took a taxi. She still arrived late for the party. (despite)
Trên đây là Phiếu ôn tập ở nhà môn Anh 9 tuần 23 - 28/03. Mời bạn đọc tham khảo thêm nhiều tài liệu ôn tập môn Anh 9 cả năm khác như: Để học tốt Tiếng Anh lớp 9, Bài tập Tiếng Anh lớp 9 theo từng Unit trực tuyến, Đề thi học kì 1 lớp 9, Đề thi học kì 2 lớp 9, Bài tập nâng cao Tiếng Anh 9,... được cập nhật liên tục trên VnDoc.com.