Đề thi chọn học sinh giỏi cấp tỉnh môn Tiếng Anh lớp 9 Sở GD-ĐT Vĩnh Phúc năm học 2015 - 2016
Đề thi chọn học sinh giỏi cấp tỉnh môn Tiếng Anh lớp 9 năm 2016
Trong bài viết này, VnDoc xin giới thiệu Đề thi chọn học sinh giỏi cấp tỉnh môn Tiếng Anh lớp 9 Sở GD-ĐT Vĩnh Phúc năm học 2015 - 2016 với nhiều dạng bài tập hay và hữu ích giúp các em học sinh trau dồi kiến thức hiệu quả. Sau đây mời các em cùng thử sức nhé!
SỞ GD&ĐT VĨNH PHÚC
ĐỀ CHÍNH THỨC
KÌ THI CHỌN HỌC SINH GIỎI LỚP 9 NĂM HỌC 2015 – 2016
ĐỀ THI MÔN: TIẾNG ANH
Thời gian làm bài: 150 phút, không kể thời gian giao đề
(Đề thi gồm: 06 trang)
PART 1: LISTENING
Section 1: You will listen to a telephone conversation between a man named Carl and his friend Bella. Listen and choose the correct option to complete the statements from 1 to 5. You will hear the recording TWICE
1. When she first moved to Canada, Bella had_________.
A. a great time B. an OK time C. a hard time
2. At first, Bella found it difficult to understand Canadians because_________.
A. they use some different words
B. they pronounce words differently
C. they pronounce words differently and use different words
3. Bella thinks she is_________.
A. shy B. confident C. clever
4. Bella joined a mountaineering group because_________.
A. she loves climbing B. she wanted to make friends C. she wanted to see Canada
5. Bella went climbing in the Rocky Mountains_________.
A. last week B. last month C. last year
Section 2: You will hear five people talking about friendship. For questions from 1-5, choose from the list (A-H) what each speaker says is the most important to them in a friendship. Use each letter only once. There are three extra letters which you do not need to use. You will hear the recording TWICE
|A. frequent contact |
B. mutual trust
C. shared interest
D. good manners
E. emotional support
F. similar personalities
G. a sense of humor
H. some experience of school
1. Speaker 1: ________
2. Speaker 2:_________
3. Speaker 3:_________
4. Speaker 4:_________
5. Speaker 5:_________
Section 3: Listen to a talk about citizen journalism. Complete the notes below with one word in each gap. You will hear the recording TWICE
Citizen journalism = ordinary people involved in collecting, (1.) ________, reporting and disseminating news and (2.) ________.
(3.) _______ people are using modern technology to create media. For instance, taking a photo and putting it (4.) _________ in seconds.
(5.) _______ journalism is not being pushed aside. People still want news from (6.) _________ sources. Professional news (7.) ________ collect public (8.) _________ which are often a valuable and insightful (9.) _________ to standard news coverage.
Most examples of citizen journalism are read on a professional news website, already (10.) _________, proofread and checked by professional journalists.
PART 2: LEXICO-GRAMMAR
Section 1: Choose the correct option (A, B, C or D) to complete each of the following sentences
1. She went in search of a new agent, without _______ help she would never have made it.
A. whom B. whose C. that D. which
2. _______ returned home that I realised just how much I missed seeing my brother.
A. It wasn't until I B. It was only by C. The reason why I D. It's only by
3. Tom: "Sorry, I forgot to phone you last night." Mary: "________"
A. Never say never! B. Never mind! C. Oops I did it! D. You're welcome!
4. All successful applicants are required _______ a week-long training programme before commencing their new role.
A. to attend B. attending C. to be attending D. attend
5. Come on! We must hurry. We have ________time!
A. a few B. a little C. little D. few
6. We must carry _______ a thorough investigation into the causes of the riot.
A. on B. out C. off D. up
7. Jane: "Do you still play golf every weekend?"
Jack: "No, I'm far too busy these days. I can only play _______."
A. from time to when B. from when to time
C. now and then D. then and now
8. His name is Archibald, but everyone calls him Archie _______.
A. for short B. in brief C. for brief D. in short
9. Either player could have won the match. It was _______.
A. stick or carrot B. touch and go C. odds and ends D. here or there
10. Please _______ in mind that our price includes unlimited technical assistance and a three-year guarantee.
A. carry B. have C. bear D. get
11. Nobody wants to be the first to make a sacrifice, _______?
A. does she or he B. does anybody C. do we D. do they
12. I had once met Penelope Cruz. She had _______ hair.
A. long black beautiful B. black long beautiful
C. beautiful black long D. beautiful long black
13. Jack: "Do you think my English is improving?" Jill: "Yes, it's getting _______."
A. each time better B. always better
C. better and better D. all the time better
14. Yvonne has gone away. She'll be back _______ a week.
A. inside of B. in C. by D. until
15. I would like to _______ your attention to paragraph 3.2 of the chairman's report.
A. attract B. drag C. pull D. call
16. I took two big books with me on holiday, Moby Dick and War and Peace, but I didn't read _______.
A. neither of them B. either of them C. either one or other D. neither one or other
17. What's that bird holding in its _______?
A. beak B. paw C. scales D. fins
18. They often give out free _______, which you can try before you buy the item.
A. samples B. bargains C. brands D. examples
19. I'm afraid the price is too _______ and no one will want to buy the product.
A. enormous B. tall C. big D. high
20. The man _______ to talk to wasn't there.
A. who wanted B. that wanted C. I wanted D. which I wanted