Đề thi chọn học sinh giỏi lớp 12 môn tiếng Anh cấp trường trường THPT Lý Thái Tổ, Bắc Ninh năm học 2017-2018 có đáp án
Đề thi chọn học sinh giỏi môn Tiếng Anh lớp 12
VnDoc.com xin gửi đến các bạn Đề thi chọn học sinh giỏi lớp 12 môn tiếng Anh cấp trường trường THPT Lý Thái Tổ, Bắc Ninh năm học 2017-2018 có đáp án được sưu tầm và đăng tải giúp các bạn có thêm tài liệu hữu ích để ôn tập cũng như thử sức, chuẩn bị tốt nhất cho kì thi của mình. Sau đây mời các bạn vào tham khảo.
A. PHONETICS (1.0 point)
Question I. Choose one word whose underlined part is pronounced differently from the others by circling A, B, C or D. (0.5 p)
1. A. elaborate B. eliminate C. election D. equal
2. A. hasty B. tasty C. wastage D. nasty
3. A. Hand B. Bank C. Sand D. Band
4. A. beloved B. naked C. ploughed D. wicked
5. A. itinerant B. id C. idolize D. fungi
Question II. Choose one word whose stress pattern is different from the others by circling A, B, C or D. (0.5 p)
1. A. investigate B. aborigine C. convenient D. supervisor
2. A. determine B. diversity C. occupation D. miraculous
3. A. suitable B. eliminate C. accent D. cultural
4. A. arithmetic B. composition C. interpreter D. attributable
5. A. hotel B. preview C. annex D. annul
B. GRAMMAR AND STRUCTURES (7 points)
Question I: Choose the best word from A, B, C, and D that fits each blank. (2p)
1. Judy is _______ smarter than the others that she ought to be in a higher grade at school.
A. much B. so much C. too much D. such a
2. They’d never realized ______ kind person their neighbor was until they asked for her help.
A. so B. such a C. how D. what a
3. “I asked Ned which team I should try out for.” – “But he doesn’t know a tennis ball _____ a basketball.”
A. than B. out of C. for D. from
4. “Who can I tell about the new project?” – “Nobody, _______ your family must know about it.”
A. not even B. not only C. much more D. rather than
5. The sales practices of this company will have to be totally _______ if we are to save it.
A. overthrown B. overhauled C. overrun D. overwhelmed
6. Sue admitted that she could not concentrate on her work _______ due to this irritating noise.
A. in all B. the bit least C. in the least D. at the least
7. Sammy was so nervous the night before the exam that he couldn’t ________ a wink of sleep.
A. do B. get C. make D. take
8. A very cheerful and energetic woman, Joyce is ______ when there’s work to be done.
A. first always to sign up B. to sign up always first C. always first to sign up D. first to sign up always
9. We were ________ looking for a manager when the impeccable candidate showed up.
A. in view of B. in the hope of C. with a view towards D. in the process of
10. With a(n) _____ to getting high scores in the final exam, Scott studied as hard as he could.
A. sight B. eye C. vision D. nose
11. If I were you, I’d _____ everything he says with a pinch of salt.
A. make B. admit C. take D. accept
12. You ought to _______ the responsibility to keep everyone in the company informed about the latest news from the top manager.
A. burden B. shoulder C. take with D. hand
13. _________ I’ve told him not to go out with those people, but he wouldn’t listen. Just let him face the music now!
A. Many a time B. Many the time C. Quite a time D. or a time
14. Rumors going round, Mr. Long is ________ Head of the Department.
A. in the proximity of B. in line for C. in adjacent to D. in view of
15. “Why are you so sad?” – “ __________ person I called is busy tonight.”
A. Each and everyone B. Every one C. Every single D. Out of all the
16. Susan got a feeling that Tom liked her, but she soon realized that was just _______.
A. pinky thoughts B. wishful thinking C. blessing thoughts D. imaginary thinking
17. There are ______ words in English having more than one meaning. Pay close attention to this fact.
A. a large many B. quite many C. quite a lot D. a great many
18. If a whale _______ itself, it swims onto the shore and cannot get back in the water.
A. beaches B. seats C. sticks D. shores
19. Your request for greater financial support has to be _______ the claim from other departments.
A. banked on B. broken through C. balanced against D. built up
20. Recently, the company has received a _________ of complaints from the customers about poor products.
A. pack B. barrage C. pool D. bank
Question II: Give the correct tense and form of the verb to fit each gap. (1.5ps)
1. It’s about time the government (do)_______________________ something about the sewage system which (not upgrade) ____________________ for years.
2. Mr. Nam asked that a trustee (appoint) _________________________ to take control of the company.
3. Critics say the mayor is too busy (campaign)________________________ (do)_____________________ his job properly.
4. To perform this operation, the surgeon use a laser with a beam (measure)_______________________ 0,1 millimeter.
5. When she found her dog (eat)________________________ her birthday cake, she couldn’t but (kick) _______________________ it out.
6. If there aren’t any tickets left when we reach the front of the queue, we (wait) _______________________ all the time for nothing.
7. It is highly desirable that from every product in regular production, samples (withdraw) ________________ periodically.
Đáp án Đề thi chọn học sinh giỏi môn tiếng Anh lớp 12
A. PHONETICS (1 point)
Question I: Pronunciation(0.5p)
1. D 2. D 3. B 4. C 5. B
Question II: Stress (0.5p)
1. D 2. C 3. B 4. B 5. B
B. GRAMMAR AND STRUCTURES (7points)
Question I: Choose the best answer: (2p)
1. B 2. D 3. D 4. A 5. B 6. C 7. B 8. C 9. D 10. B
11. C 12. B 13. A 14. B 15. C 16. B 17. D 18. A 19. C 20. B
Question II: Give the correct tense and form of the verb (1p)
1. Did, hasn’t been upgraded 6. Will have been waiting
2. Be appointed 7. Be withdrawn
3. Campaigning to do
5. eating, kick
Question III: Supply the correct form of the word in brackets (1pt)
1. Management 2. incalculable 3. inconvenient
4. uselessness 5. affected 6. prescription 7. suspicious
8. admitted 9. domesticity 10. independence.
Question IV: Your answers:
1……impact in……………………………….. ………………impact on……………
2………went are………….. ………gone are………
3…………cannot be always……………… ……………cannot always be…………….
4……………have improved………… ………………has improved………..
6. are opened are open
7. itself themselves
8. visual visually
9. for the fact for fact
10. so long as as long as
Question V: Put one suitable preposition or particle in the blank of each sentence. (1p)
1. out 2. to 3. to 4. away 5. With/ of
6. out 7. off 8. for 9. back
C. READING (6 points)
Question I: Fill in each blank with ONE suitable word. (2p)
1. have 6. taken
2. is 7. researcher
3. between 8. up
4. close 9. protected
5. Whaling 10. near
Question II: Read the text below and decide which answer (A, B, C, or D) best fits each space. (2p)
1. A 2. C 3. D
4. C 5. A 6. B 7. B 8. D
9. A 10. B
Question III: Read the text below and choose the best answer (A, B, C, or D). (2p)
1. A 2. D 3. C 4. D 5. D 6. B 7. C 8. A 9. B 10. A
D. WRITING (5 points)
Question I: Rewrite these sentences so that the new one has a similar meaning as the sentence preceded. (2p)
1. Andrew suggested going for a walk in the park./ Andrew suggested that they should go for a walk in the park
2. He broke the world record at/ on his second attempt.
3. Neither she nor I have been there before./ Neither have she and I been there before.
4. I was particularly impressed by her excellent command of English.
5. At no time was the result of the match in doubt.
6. This will be the first time the orchestra has played/ performed outside London.
7. Although Bill took a taxi, he arrived late at the meeting.
8. The house looks better now that it has been repainted.
9. The concert didn’t come up to our expectations.
10. Malaria is known to be caused by mosquitoes.
Question II: Do not change the given word, use it to write each of the following sentences so that each has a similar meaning as the original one. (2p)
1. Returning from the battle, they didn’t have two pennies/ halfpennies/ beans to rub together.
2. I count myself very lucky to have escaped from that crash.
3. Our boss is intent on not giving us the pay rise.
4. I’d thought about it about some time and decided to give it a go.
5. It was disgraceful that Barbara had turned her back on one of her oldest and closest friends.
6. I give you my word of honour that I will return the money to you.
7. Bruce likened the situation at work to a family argument.
8. When she sold the jewelry at such a low price, she was taken for a ride.
9. They arrived at their destination safe and sound.
10. At this moment, I am preoccupied with my university thesis.
Question III: Composition writing (2 pts)
The mark given to this part is based on the following criteria: Content: (35% of total mark)
a. Providing all main ideas and details as required
b. Communicating intentions sufficiently and effectively
1. Organization & Presentation: (30% of total mark)
a. Ideas are well organized and presented with coherence, cohesion, and clarity
b. The composition is well-structured
2. Language: (30% of total mark)
a. Demonstration of a variety of vocabulary and structures appropriate to the level of English language gifted upper-secondary school students
b. Good use and control of grammatical structures
3. Punctuation, and spelling and handwriting (5% of total mark)
a. Good punctuation and no spelling mistakes
b. Legible handwriting
Mời các bạn luyện tập một số đề sau đây để có sự chuẩn bị tốt nhất cho những kì thi quan trọng của mình: