Đề thi chọn học sinh giỏi môn tiếng Anh lớp 12 tỉnh Đắk Nông năm học 2010 - 2011
Đề thi chọn học sinh giỏi môn tiếng Anh lớp 12
Trong bài viết này, VnDoc xin giới thiệu Đề thi chọn học sinh giỏi môn tiếng Anh lớp 12 tỉnh Đắk Nông năm học 2010 - 2011 dành cho các em học sinh lớp 12 ôn tập và củng cố kiến thức hiệu quả. Sau đây mời các em cùng làm bài nhé!
SECTION I. LISTENING (3 points)
Part 1. Listen to the Professor Mckenzie giving a lecture on the future of the English language and fill in the gaps from 1-5. Write your answers in the space provided (1 point)
Very soon English will be the (1) ____________language of all the people in the world. This is happening while I am speaking to you. We can't be (2) _____________of how long the process will take but there is no doubt that it will happen and my bet is that it will happen sooner rather than later. First of all English will be an obligatory subject on every school (3) _____________ throughout the world. By the year 2010 around two billion people that about a third of the world's population will speak English as their second language. This isn't my prediction by the way. This is what the experts say. We can see evidence of these changes all the time. Let's take the Eurovision Song Contest as an (4) ____________ Whatever we might think of the contest (5) ___________, one thing that has changed recently is that now countries can opt to sing in English.
Part 2. Listen to the conversation about a cultural heritage site and decide if these statements are T (true) or F (false). Put the tick in the box (1 point)
1. Lynn was working in Western Europe for more than a month. □ □
2. A university paid for her to go there. □ □
3. She didn't feel positive about the work experience. □ □
4. She found a small clay figure. □ □
5. Lynn hasn't to be careful when she's excavating. □ □
Part 3. Listen to a part of a talk about global workforce development and circle the best answer for question 1-5. (1 point)
1. What is the main theme of this talk?
A. How companies can help their employees become global- ready.
B. What students can do to become global- ready.
C. How universities can help students to become global- ready.
D. Students want to become global- ready.
2. What do the universities do to prepare students for the twenty- first century?
A. Extend to all corners of the world.
B. Promote international educational experiences.
C. Give good programs.
D. Operate within Europe.
3. What program in the US enables graduated students to study an conduct research abroad?
4. What do we need to do to enable many more students to study abroad?
A. travel abroad
B. analyse other cultures
C. evaluate other cultures
D. expand and add to some schemes
5. How is the marketplace to day?
C. No longer national or regional
D. No longer national
SECTION II. LEXICO-GRAMMAR (7 points)
Part 1. Choose the word or phrase which best completes these sentences. Write your answers in the space provided (2 points):
1. I can't seem to get ................ to him that he's making a terrible mistake.
A. across B. over C.through D. off
2. They took ............... consideration the experience of each candidate before deciding who to offer the job.
A. into B. up C. after D. down
3. I was so ................. before the exams that I couldn't sleep for two weeks.
A. worrying B. nervous C. shocked D. uncomfortable
4. To end or.......................... greatly pollution immediately, people have to stop using many things that benefit them.
A. reduce B. decrease C. shorten D. lessen
5. Three years ago, there were two million people without jobs. Now there are over three million ................
A. unbusied B. workless C. jobless D. unemployed
6. To practice a foreign language, it is best to ............... with native speakers of that language.
A. communicate B. contact C. inform D. give word
7. I haven't seen your aunt recently.
- Oh, she _____ out of her house since she _____ her color TV.
A. hasn't been – bought B. hadn't been – bought
C. hasn't been – has bought D. hadn't been – had bought
8. They worked hard ________ they could pass the final examination.
A. since B. because C. in case D. so that
9. The weather is terrible. I wish it ________ warmer.
A. were B. was C. has been D. had been
10. Up to now, I ________ a lot of information about her.
A. will learn B. learnt C. would learn D. have learnt
11. Dien Bien Phu is the place ________ our army won a resounding victory in 1954.
A. where B. that C. what D. which
12. He had no ________ of selling the clock – it had belonged to hes grandfather.
A. interest B. intend C. intention D. meaning
13. Wait here until I ________ you.
A. am going to call B. call C. will call D. am calling
14. He talked about the books and the authors________interested him.
A. which B. who C. that D. when
15. When his alarm went off, he shut it off and slept for _______ 15 minutes.
A. another B. others C. other D. the others
16. Everyone knows about pollution problems, but not many people have ________ any solutions.
A. looked into B. thought over C. got round to D. come up with
17. I'll _________ the idea with the other members in the family and let you know.
A. discuss B. argue C. explain D. talk
18. Are you sure you told me ? I don't recall _________ about it .
A. having told B. having been told
C. to have told D. to have been told.
19. I gave up the job, ...........................the attractive salary.
A. because B. because of C. although D. despite
20. The girl .............................. is our neighbour.
A. talks to the lady over there B. is talking to the lady over
C. was talking to the lady over there D. talking to the lady over there
Part 2. Supply the correct form of the verbs in brackets. Write your answers in the space provided (1 point):
Brenda (1. join)..........our firm ten years ago. She (2. work)............for the previous five years with an advertising company and (3. acquire)..............much useful experience. For the first eight years with us she (4. work)..........in the Sales Department, and (5. work).............there when I (6. become)..........the Managing Director. Since then she (7. work) .............as my personal assistant, and she (8. prove)...........herself to be outstandingly capable on many occasions. She (9. work).........on the top floor, in an office next to mine, but at the moment she (10. work).............in London on a special assignment.
Part 3. Supply the correct article or preposition to complete the passage. Write your answers in the space provided (1 point):
The Communist Party of Vietnam is the ruling, as well as (1) ............... only legal political party in Vietnam. It is a Marxist-Leninist Communist Party supported (2) ............... the Vietnamese Fatherland Front. (3)............ most of the cases, the Vietnamese press and people refer (4).............. the Communist Party (5)............... Vietnam as "Đảng" (Party) or "Đảng ta" (our Party). The Party was founded by Hồ Chí Minh and other exiles living in China as (6)............... Vietnamese Communist Party (7)............... a conference in Hong Kong in February 1930. (8) ............... First National Party Congress was held (9) ............... secret in Macau in 1935. The Third National Congress, held in Hanoi in 1960, formalized the tasks of constructing socialism in what was by then North Vietnam, or (10) ............... Democratic Republic of Vietnam and committed the party to carrying out the revolution of liberation in the South.
Part 4. Complete each of the following sentences with an appropriate form of the word in block capitals. Write your answers in the space provided. (0) has been done as an example (1point):
The 2010 Asian Games, also (0) KNOW as the XVI Asiad, was a multi-sport event in Guangzhou, China that began on 12 November and finished on 27 November 2010. A total of 476 (1) EVENT in 42 sports was contested by athletes, making it the (2) LARGE event in the history of the Games. It was also the last (3) ITERATE of the Games to have featured such big events, as the Olympic Council of Asia has enforced new hosting rules for future games, (4) BEGIN with the 2014 Games. The games were co-hosted by Dongguan, Foshan and Shanwei, the three (5) NEIGHBOUR cities.The opening and closing (6) CEREMONY were held along the Pearl River in Haixinsha Island, and was the first time in (7) HISTORICAL that the opening ceremony for a major sports event was not (8) HOLD inside a stadium. The Badminton men's singles gold (9) MEDAL Lin Dan was voted as Most Valuable Player. The President of Olympic Council of Asia hailed the Games as "outstanding" and "one of the (10) GOOD ever".