Bài tập Tiếng Anh lớp 12 Unit 10: Endangered Species
Tiếng Anh Unit 10 lớp 12: Endangered Species
Với mong muốn giúp các em học sinh học tốt Tiếng Anh lớp 12, VnDoc.com đã đăng tải rất nhiều tài liệu lý thuyết ngữ pháp và bài luyện tập Tiếng Anh khác nhau. Đề ôn tập Tiếng Anh gồm nhiều dạng bài tập trắc nghiệm Tiếng Anh khác nhau được biên tập bám sát chương trình học giúp học sinh lớp 12 ôn tập Tiếng Anh lớp 12 chương trình cũ theo từng Unit hiệu quả.
Circle the word whose underlined part is pronounced differently from that of the others:
|1. A. bamboo||B. good||C. foot||D. cook|
|2. A. cake||B. panda||C. face||D. late|
|3. A. social||B. science||C. sour||D. sure|
Key: 1.A 2. B 3. D
Circle the word whose stress part is placed differently from that of the others:
|4. A. reserve||B. schedule||C. wildlife||D. beauty|
|5. A. derive||B. contain||C. leopard||D. prevent|
Key: 4. A 5. C
Make the correct choice:
6. Many plants and endangered species are now endangering of _______.
7. _______ is destroying larger areas of tropical rain forests.
8. A lot of different conservation efforts have been made to________endangered species.
9. The raw sewage needs to be ________ treated.
10. There are more than 20 ________ working on the water treatment project.
11. More and more people __________ of food poisoning nowadays.
12. The government _________ the flood victims with food, clothers and money.
13. Many people _________ that natural resources will never be used up.
14. Conservation is the protection of the _________ environment.
15. There are many ________ of pollution in our modern world
16. You ________ ask a woman about her age. It's not polite.
17. Pay attention ________ all traffic signs when you are travelling in the street.
18. Their plans were cancelled _______ of a bad storm.
A. in spite
D. in place
19. I'll lend you the money and you ________ pay me back till next month.
20. You should change your wet shoes,________ you'll catch cold
21. The twins used to play rugby when they were four year old, ________ ?
A. don't they
B. didn't they
C. didn't used they
D. did they
22. You would rather _________ talking in class so as not to make your teacher angry.
C. to stop
23. I've got __________ money to lend you now. I think you can ask Lyn for some.
B. a few
D. a little
24. To tell the truth, Aim frightened ________ ghosts.
25. Tell her that she ________ be here by six. I insist on it.
C. ought to
26. He hurried _________ he wouldn't be late for class.
B. as if
D. so that
27. There should be no discrimination _______ grounds of sex race or religion
28. He has refused, but he _________ change his mind if you asked him again
29. Two parallel white lines in the millde road meant that you _________ not overtake.
30. There's _______ university in my neighborhood.
Key: 6. C; 7. B; 8. A; 9. A; 10. C;
11. C; 12. B; 13. C; 14. B; 15. B;
16. C; 17. C; 18. B; 19. A; 20. B;
21. B; 22. D; 23. D; 24. D; 25. B;
26. D; 27. A; 28. A; 29. C; 30. B;
Choose the underlined words that need correcting.
31. The bus will be leaving (A) on (B) five minutes so (C) you’d better (D)hurry up.
32. Many (A) teachers have devoted their (B) lives to (C) teaching, therefore (D) teaching is not a well-paid job.
33. My parents (A) often take careful (B) of me when (C) I am ill (D).
34. She passed (A) the board exam, who (B) made her (C) parents proud (D).
35. Lack of properly (A) physical exercise (B) cause (C) tiredness and poor(D) health.
Key: 31. B; 32. D; 33. B; 34. B; 35. C;
Read the passage and choose the best answers.
World Wildlife Fund (WWF) safeguards hundreds of species around the world, but we focus species attention on our flagship species: giant pandas, tigers, endangered whales and dolphins, rhinos, elephant, marine turtles and great apes. These species not only need species measures and extra protection in order to survive, they also serve as “umbrella” species: helping them helps numerous other species that live in the same habitats.
In addition to our flagship animals, we work to protect numerous species in peril around the world that live within our priority eco-rigions. Laree predators like snow leopards and grizzly bears, migratory species like whooping cranes and songbrids, and a host of other species facing threats also benefit from WWF’ s conservation efforts. Our wildlife trade experts at “traffic” work to ensure that trade wildlife products, doesn’t harm a species, while also fighting against illegal and unsustainable trade.
WWF is known for acting sound science. Science leads and guides us strategies and approaches, from the way to restore tigers in viable, breed population to decide which areas need protection the most.
36. What does WWF stand for?
A. World Wildlife Food.
B. World Wildlife Formation.
C. World Wildlife Fund.
D. World Website Fund.
37. How many species do we pay much attention to?
38. What is the meaning of the world habitats in pharagraph 1?
A. The place where animals or plants are normally found.
B. The place where animals or plants can drink and sleep.
C. The place where animals or plants can eat find their enemy.
D. The place where animals can find and keep their body warm.
39. What can science help us in safeguarding endangered species?
A. Find the way to kill all species easily.
B. Lead and guide strategies and approaches.
C. Discover another habitat of animal.
D. Search for a food source for animals.
40. Which of the following is not stated in the passage?
A. WWF safeguards hundreds of species around the world.
B. WWF is known for acting on sound science.
C. these above species need extra protection so as not to be extinct.
D. All species are so fierce that scientists can’t take care of them.
Key: 36 - C; 37 - B; 38 - A; 39 -B; 40 - D;
Read and choose the appropriate option:
WHY DO ANIMALS GO EXTINCT?
Different kinds of animals have appeared and disappeared throughout Earth’s history. Some animals go extinct because the climate (41)_______ they live changes. The climate may become wetter or drier. It may become warmer or cooler. If the animals cannot change, or adapt, to the new climate, they die.
Some animals go extinct because thay cannot (42) _______ with other animals for food. Some animals go extinct because they are killed by enemies. New kinds of animals are always evolving. Evolving means that the animals are changing (43) _______ from generation to generation. Small differences between parents, children, and grandchildren slowly add up over many, many generations. Eventually, a different kind of animal evolves. [evolve: tiến hóa]
Sometimes many of the animals on Earth go extinct at the (44) _______ time. Scientists call this a mass extinction. Scientists think there (45) _______ at least five mass extinctions in Earth’s history. The last mass extinction happened about 65 million years ago. This mass extinction killed off the dinosaurs.
|41. A. where||B. which||C. when||D. what|
|42. A. complete||B. find||C. compete||D. exist|
|43. A. accidentally||B. suddenly||C. quickly||D. slowly|
|44. A. same||B. similar||C. different||D. various|
|45. A. has been||B. have been||C. will be||D. are|
Key: 41 - A; 42 - C; 43 - D; 44 - A; 45 - B;
Choose the sentence which is closest in meaning to the original one.
46. The gate was closed to stop the children running into the road.
A. The gate was closed so the children running into the road.
B. The gate is closed so that children don’t run into the road.
C. The gate was closed so that the children couldn’t run into the road.
D. The gate is closed that the children couldn’t to run into the road.
47. My Indian friend finds using chopsticks difficult.
A. My Indian friend is not used to using chopsticks.
B. My Indian friend can’t use chopsticks.
C. My Indian friend didn’t use to using chopsticks.
48. Too tired to continue, David stopped walking.
A. David couldn’t carry on walking because he was too tired.
B. David couldn’t stop walking because he was to tired.
C. David was too tired to carry out walking.
D. David can’t continue to walk when he’ stirred.
49. I haven’t met old English teacher since I left school.
A. I didn’t have a chance to meet my old English teacher because I left school.
B. this is the last time I met my old English teacher at shool.
C. I last met my old English teacher when I left school.
D. My old English teacher hasn’t met me since I have left school.
50. Tom didn’t begin to read until he was eight.
A. It was not until Tom was eight that he began to read.
B. When Tom was eight, he didn’t know how to read.
C. Tom had read when he was Wight to read.
D. Not until Tom read, he was eight.
Key: 46 - C; 47 - A: 48 - A; 49 - C; 50 - A;
Mời bạn đọc tải trọn bộ nội dung đề ôn tập và đáp án tại đây: Bài tập Tiếng Anh lớp 12 Unit 10: Endangered Species. Ngoài ra, VnDoc.com đã đăng tải rất nhiều tài liệu Ôn tập Tiếng Anh lớp 12 chương trình cũ Unit 10 khác như: Từ vựng Tiếng Anh lớp 12 Unit 10 ENDANGERED SPECIES, Giải bài tập SGK Tiếng Anh lớp 12 Unit 10: Endangered Species, Bộ bài tập Tiếng Anh lớp 12 Unit 10: Endangered Species có đáp án, ....
Song song với bộ tài liệu Ôn tập Tiếng Anh lớp 12 chương trình cũ, VnDoc.com đã đăng tải rất nhiều tài liệu Tiếng Anh lớp 12 chương trình mới khác như: Để học tốt Tiếng Anh lớp 12, Bài tập Tiếng Anh lớp 12 theo từng Unit trực tuyến, Đề thi học kì 1 lớp 12, Đề thi học kì 2 lớp 12,... được cập nhật liên tục trên VnDoc.