Bài tập Tiếng Anh lớp 12 Unit 15 WOMEN IN SOCIETY có đáp án (2)
Bài tập Tiếng Anh lớp 12 Unit 15 WOMEN IN SOCIETY
VnDoc.com gửi đến các bạn nhiều bài tập tiếng Anh lớp 12 cơ bản để luyện tập, và giới thiệu các bài tập tiếng Anh lớp 12 nâng cao để các bạn làm quen, thử sức. Sau khi hoàn thành xong các bài tập tiếng Anh lớp 12 này, các bạn có thể kiểm tra, đối chiếu với kết quả mà chúng tôi gửi kèm. Hy vọng, những bài tập tiếng Anh lớp 12 này sẽ giúp các bạn ngày càng học tốt môn tiếng Anh và có kết quả cao cho các kỳ thi, kiểm tra sắp tới.
Choose the word which has the underlined part pronounced differently from the rest.
1. a. women b. men c. led d. intellectual
2. a. throughout b. although c. right d. enough
3. a. history b. significant c. philosophy d. pioneer
4. a. power b. wife c. allow d. known
5. a. believed b. considered c. advocated d. controlled
Choose a, b, c, or d that best completes each unfinished sentence, substitutes the underlined part, or has a close meaning to the original one.
6. To preserve that ________, it was necessary to preserve the people that had created it.
a. civil b. civilize c. civility d. civilization
7. The Prime Minister is to consider changes to sexually ________ laws to enforce equal opportunities.
a. discriminate b. discrimination c. discriminatory d. discriminated
8. In former days, women were considered not to be suitable for becoming a ________.
a. politics b. political c. politically d. politician
9. At any competition, everyone is ________.
a. the same b. equal c. common d. significant
10. If you have the ________ in an election, you have the legal right to indicate your choice.
a. status b. individual c. vote d. equality
11. When a women works outside the home and makes money herself, she is ________ independent from her husband.
a. financially b. politically c. philosophically d. variously
12. Not all women can do two jobs well at the same time: rearing children and working at office.
a. educating b. taking care of c. homemaking d. giving a birth
13. There have been significant changes in women's lives since the women's liberation movement.
a. controlled b. economic c. important d. natural
14. Childbearing is the women's most wonderful role.
a. Giving birth to a baby b. Having no child
c. Bring up a child d. Educating a child
15. The forces behind the women's liberation movement vary from culture to culture, from individual to individual.
a. advocate b. equalize c. power d. change
16. Many people still think that women should stay at ________ home and do housework.
a. a b. an c. the d. Ø
17. It is considered women are suited for ________ childbearing and homemaking rather than social activities.
a. a b. an c. the d. Ø
18. Farming had been invented by women, not by men, and ________ agriculture remained the women's responsibility.
a. a b. an c. the d. no article
19. Before we had kids, I used to do more housework than my husband did, but he was working thirteen hour days at the office compared ________ my eight-hour ones.
a. with b. about c. for d. on
20. Thomas has often boasted ________ his son's golfing ability.
a. on b. to c. about d. over
21. Although I did not totally agree ________ feminist's policies, I certainly admired their audacity, dedication and courage.
a. for b. with c. along d. up
22. A woman's role in society was defined by the Feminists on whether they were contributors ________ society or not.
a. upon b. to c. off d. away
23. Alice opened the door and found that it ________ to a small passage.
a. led b. showed c. cut d. pointed
24. I didn't get to see the end of that mystery movie on TV last night. How did it ________ out?
a. go b. make c. bring d. turn
25. Jack is having his lawyer ________ up the contract to make sure that all of the legalities are properly dealt with.
a. go b. look c. get d. draw
26. When you are finished using the computer, can you please ______ it off.
a. take b. turn c. do d. go
27. When the alarm went off, everyone proceeded calmly to the emergency exits.
a. fell b. exploded c. called d. rang
28. Look out. There is a rattlesnake under the picnic table!
a. Listen b. Be careful c. Go d. Watch
29. Mrs. Jones's husband passed away fast Friday. We are all shocked by the news.
a. got married b. divorced c. died d. were on business
30. If you do not understand the word "superstitious," look it up in the dictionary.
a. find its meaning b. write it c. draw it d. note it
Choose the sentence which has the closest meaning to the original one.
31. It is really important to have friends whom you can count on.
a. You should have reliable friends whom you can trust.
b. You should not contact with friends who make use of you.
c. Some friends may make your feelings hurt.
d. Do not believe in any friends.
32. We will set off tomorrow.
a. We will have to postpone our trip tomorrow.
b. Tomorrow will be a good day for us to go
c. We will leave the place tomorrow.
d. We will arrive home tomorrow.
33. Despite her age, she gets about easily.
a. She is too old to do anything easily.
b. Because she is old, she cannot go anywhere.
c. Although she is old, she can travel easily.
d. Her age prevents her from going from place to place.
34. "I will ring you up after I get home." Peter said to Mary.
a. Peter promised to give Mary a wedding ring after he got home.
b. Peter asked Mary to pay him a visit after he' got home.
c. Peter promised to visit Mary after he got home.
d. Peter promised to telephone Mary after he got home.
35. The criminals got away in spite of the efforts of the police.
a. Without the efforts of the police, the criminals would have escaped.
b. Even though the police made their efforts, the criminals escaped.
c. Thanks to the efforts of the police, the criminals were imprisoned.
d. The criminals were caught because of the efforts of the police.
Read the passage carefully and choose the correct answer.
For approximately the last 100 years women have been fighting for the same rights as men, especially around the turn from 19th to 20th century with the struggle for women's suffrage and in the 1960s with second-wave feminism and radical feminism, and were able to make changes to the traditionally accepted feminine gender role. However, most feminists today say there is still work to be done.
Numerous studies and statistics show that even though the situation for women has improved during the last century, discrimination is still widespread: women earn a smaller percentage of income than men, occupy lower-ranking job positions than men and do most of the housekeeping work. However, there may be some reason for this, as some studies have indicated that many jobs which are perceived to be male-dominated usually have longer hours, necessitate long periods of exposure to the elements, are higher risk and require a fair amount of physical strength.
When feminism became a conspicuous protest movement in the 1960's, critics often argued that women who wanted to follow a traditional role would be discriminated against in the future and forced to join, the workforce. Many women, especially single parents are denied this choice due to economic necessity. In theory, feminism is the belief that a woman should have the right to make her own decisions. Those women who choose to pursue careers and higher education are more and more appreciated.
36. After a long time of struggling, women have got a quite equality to men in every aspect so far.
a. True b. False c. No information
37. According to some studies and statistics, men spend more time doing housework than women do.
a. True b. False c. No information
Fill in each numbered blank with one suitable word or phrase.
In the 1960s the women's liberation movement (41) _____ suddenly into the public consciousness and quickly grew into (42) _____ largest social movement in the history of the United States. Women's liberation movement was a continuation of the 19th-century women's rights movement. The movement's major (43) _____ has included not only legal, economic, and political gains (44) _____ also has changed the ways in which people live, dress, dream of their future, and (45) ___ a living. About health, for example, many male physicians and hospital have made major improvements in the (46) _____ of women; more and more women have become doctors and succeeded (47) _____ their medical research; and diseases such as breast cancer, which affects many women, now receive better funding and treatment, thanks to women's (48) ___. Feminists have insisted that violence against women become a political issue. The women's liberation movement has also made changes in education: curricula and (49) _____ have been written to promote equal opportunity for girls and women; more and more female students are admitted to universities and professional schools.
The women's liberation movement brought about a radical change in society (50) _____ it took a decade for the movement to reach women's awareness.
|41. a. dated||b. originated||c. introduced||d. burst|
|42. a. a||b. an||c. the||d. ø|
|43. a. achievement||b. civilization||c. status||d. power|
|44. a. with||b. either||c. and||d. but|
|45. a. put||b. make||c. get||d. take|
|46. a. vote||b. employment||c. position||d. treatment|
|47. a. in||b. to||c. for||d. with|
|48. a. role||b. limit||c. efforts||d. ability|
|49. a. textbooks||b. novels||c. picture books||d. magazines|
|50. a. because||b. if only||c. as||d. although|
Choose the sentences - a, b, c or d - which is closest in meaning to the printed one.
51. The sooner we solve this problem, the better it will be for all concerned.
a.If we can solve this problem soon, it will be better for all concerned.
b.If we could solve this problem soon, it would be better for all concerned.
c.If all concerned are better, we can solve this problem soon.
d.It would be better for all concerned if we can solve this problem soon.
52. Sarah is, really looking forward to seeing her friends again.
a.Sarah doesn’t want to see her friends again.
b.Sarah feels bored with seeing her friends again.
c.Sarah is expecting to see her friends again.
d.Sarah keeps trying to meet her friends again and again.
53. Friendly though he may seem, he’s not to be trusted.
a.He’s too friendly to be trusted.
b.He may have a lot of friends, but he’s not to be trusted.
c.No matter how he seems friendly, he’s not to be trusted.
d.However friendly he seems, he’s not to be trusted.
54. She suggested going to the beach the next afternoon.
a.“What about going to the beach tomorrow afternoon?” she said.
b.“Why don’t you go to the beach in the afternoon?” she said.
c.“Will I go to the beach the following afternoon?” she said.
d.“Let’s go to the beach in the afternoon?” she said
55. It is said that two men were arrested after the explosion.
a.Two men are said to be arrested after the explosion.
b.Two men are said being arrested after the explosion.
c.Two men are said to have been arrested after the explosion.
d. Two men were said to be arrested after the explosion.
*Tải file để xem đáp án chi tiết*