Trắc nghiệm tiếng Anh lớp 12 Unit 12 Water sports có đáp án
Bài tập Tiếng Anh lớp 12 Unit 12 Water sports có đáp án
Trắc nghiệm Tiếng Anh 12 Unit 12 Water Sports có đáp án sẽ mang lại cho các em học sinh các kiến thức bổ ích, cho quý thầy cô giáo những tài liệu giảng dạy hay nhất. Các tài liệu trong bộ sưu tập sẽ cung cấp các bài tập trắc nghiệm Unit 12 tiếng Anh 12 giúp các em học sinh củng cố vốn kiến thức về ngữ pháp và từ vựng đã được học.
Choose the word which has the underlined part pronounced differently from the rest.
|1. a. interfered||b. allowed||c. visited||d. played|
|2. a. water||b. swimming||c. between||d. rowing|
|3. a. lie||b. goalie||c. achieve||d. belief|
|4. a. punch||b. synchronized||c. March||d. touching|
|5. a. caps||b. meters||c. swimmers||d. lines|
Choose a, b, c, or d that best completes each unfinished sentence, substitutes the underlined part, or has a close meaning to the original one.
6. How many players are there in _______ water polo team?
7. _______ swimming is considered to be good way of losing weight.
a. Ø/ a
b. The/ a
c. A/ the
d. The/ the
8. They are going to _______ the pool to 1. 8 meter.
9. The referee had no hesitation in awarding the visiting team a _______.
10. The crowd cheered as the goalkeeper deflected the _______.
11. _______ defense, the players work to regain possession of the ball and prevent a goal
12. Players can move the ball by throwing it _______ a teammate or swimming while pushing the ball in front of them.
13. Shots usually succeed when the goalie is out _______ position.
14. In water polo, a shot is successful if the ball completely passes between the goal posts and underneath the _______.
15. A defensive player may only hold, block or pull a/ an _______ who is touching or holding the ball.
16. If a defender _______ a foul within the five meter area that prevents a likely goal, the attacking team is awarded a penalty throw or shot.
17. The more' goals the players _______, the more exciting the match became.
18. After a tie, there are two overtime periods of three minutes each.
19. The goalkeeper can also be ejected for twenty seconds if a major foul is committed.
20. A goalie who aggressively fouls an attacker in position to score can be charged with a _______ shot for the other team.
21. _______ is a sport in which people or teams race against each other in boats with oars.
d. Water polo
22. I have never taken part in any water sports _______ I cannot swim.
b. because of
c. due to
d. partly because of
23. Many people do not like scuba diving _______.
a. because it is dangerous
b. because of it is dangerous
c. because its danger
d. due to it is dangerous
24. New Zealand _______ 1,000 miles southeast of Australia.
a. lies about
b. is lain
c. is lying
d. is laid about
25. John _______ across the lawn.
a. danced wildly
b. was wildly danced
c. was dancing wild
d. was being danced wildly
26. John _______ every summer.
a. plays softball and tennis
b. plays with softball and tennis
c. is played softball and tennis
d. is played with softball and tennis
27. The eagle _______ higher and higher in the sky.
c. is soared
d. was soared
28. The ship _______ during the night.
a. has remained the harbor
b. was remained the harbor
c. remained the harbor
d. remained in the harbor
29. The baby _______.
a. was sleeping depth
b. was slept deeply
c. slept in depth
d. was sleeping deeply
30. They _______ by the sea.
a. are staying at a hotel
b. are staying a hotel
c. are being stayed a hotel
d. are being stayed at a hotel
31.Windsurfing, which (A) is a water sport combining (B) elements of surfing and sailing first developed (C) in the United States in 1968 and also called (D) boardsailing.
32.The windsurfer stands on a board that is propelled (A) and steering (B) by means of a sail attached (C) to a mast that (D) is articulated at the foot.
33. Since 1984 (A) the sport has included (B) in the (C) Olympic Games as (D) part of the yachting events.
34.The sport was became (A) very popular (B) in Europe and by the late 70's there was (C) windsurfing fever in Europe with one in every three households having (D) a sailboard.
35.The first (A) world championship (B) of windsurfing held (C) in 1973. Windsurfing first became an (D) Olympic sport in 1984 for men and 1992 for women.
Read the passage carefully and choose the correct answer.
There is very little documentation about the origins of water polo. It is known, however, that the sport originated in the rivers and lakes of mid-19th century England as an aquatic version of rugby. Early games used an inflated rubber ball that came from India known as a "pulu" (the single Indian word for all "balls"). Pronounced "polo" by the English, both the game and the ball became known as "water polo. " To attract more spectators to swimming exhibitions, the London Swimming Association designed a set of water polo rules for indoor swimming pools in 1870. At first, players scored by planting the ball on the end of the pool with both hands. A favorite trick of the players was to place the five-to-nine inch rubber ball inside their swimming suit and dive under the murky water, they would then appear again as close to the goal as possible. The introduction of the rules by Scottish players changed the nature of water polo. It became a game that emphasized swimming, speed and passing. Scottish rules moved from a rugby variant to a soccer style of play. Goals became a cage of 10x 3 feet and a goal could be scored by being thrown. Players could only be tackled when they "held" the ball and the ball could no longer be taken under water. The small rubber ball was replaced by a leather soccer ball. If the player came up too near the goal, he was promptly jumped on by the goalie, who was permitted to stand on the pool deck. Games were often nothing more than gang fights in the water as players ignored the ball, preferring underwater wrestling matches that usually ended with one man floating to the surface unconscious. Water polo was first played in the USA in 1888. The game featured the old rugby style of play which resembled American football in the water. "American style" water polo became very popular and by the late 1890's was played in such venues as Madison Square Garden and Boston's Mechanics Hall, attracting 14,000 spectators to national championship games.
36. According to the text, _______.
a. the origins of water polo are written thoroughly in a lot of documents
b. water polo is an aquatic version of rugby
c. water polo first appeared somewhere outside England
d. people have played water polo since the early 19th century.
37. The present rules of water polo were invented _______.
a. by Scottish players b. by Indian players
c. the London Swimming Association d. in 1870
38. In water polo, the players score a goal by _______.
a. swimming b. passing c. catching d. throwing
39. The present water polo ball is made of _______.
a. rubber b. leather c. bone d. wood
40. Water polo became popular in America in _______.
a. the middle of the 19th century b. in 1870
c. in 1888 d. by the late 1890's
Fill in each numbered blank with one suitable word or phrase.
Rowing is a sport in which athletes race' against each other on river, lakes or on the ocean, (41) _____ on the type of race and the discipline. The boats are propelled by the reaction forces on the oar blades (42) _____ they are pushed against the water. The sport can be both recreational, focusing (43) _____ learning the techniques required, and competitive where overall fitness plays a large role. It is also one of (44) _____ oldest Olympic sports. In the United States, Australia and Canada, high school and collegial rowing is sometimes referred to as crew.
(45) _____ rowing, the athlete sits in the boat facing backwards, towards the stern, and uses the oars which are held in (46) _____ by the oarlocks to propel the boat forward, towards the bow. It is a demanding sport requiring strong core balance as well as physical (47) _____ and cardiovascular endurance.
Since the action of rowing (48) _____ fairly popular throughout the world, there are many different types of (49) _____. These include endurance races, time trials, stake racing, bumps racing, and the side-by-side format used in the Olympic Games. The many different formats are a result of the long (50) _____ of the sport, its development in. different regions of the world, and specific local requirements and restrictions.
41. a. depending b. creating c. interesting d. carrying
42. a. but b. because c. as d. as soon as
43. a. of b. on c. with d. about
44. a. a b. an c. the d. Ø
45. a. Over b. Of c. During d. While
46. a. area b. sight c. part d. place
47. a. strong b. strongly c. strength d. strengthen
48. a. was become b. has become c. is become d. is becoming
49. a. competition b. examination c. test d. round
50. a. work b. history c. period d. race
Trên đây là toàn bộ nội dung của Bài tập Unit 12 Tiếng Anh 12 Water sports có đáp án. Ngoài ra, bạn đọc có thể tham khảo thêm nhiều tài liệu ôn tập Tiếng Anh 12 chương trình mới cả năm khác như: Để học tốt Tiếng Anh lớp 12, Bài tập Tiếng Anh lớp 12 theo từng Unit trực tuyến, Đề thi học kì 1 lớp 12, Đề thi học kì 2 lớp 12,... được cập nhật liên tục trên VnDoc.com.
Mời quý thầy cô, các bậc phụ huynh tham gia nhóm Facebook: Tài liệu ôn tập lớp 12 để tham khảo chi tiết các tài liệu học tập lớp 12 các môn năm 2020 - 2021.