Bài tập tiếng Anh lớp 12 Unit 13 The 22nd Sea Games có đáp án
Bài tập Tiếng Anh 12 Unit 13 The 22nd Sea Games có đáp án
Mời quý thầy cô, các em học sinh tham khảo Bài tập Tiếng Anh lớp 12 Unit 13 THE 22nd SEA GAMES có đáp án được giới thiệu trên VnDoc.com. Những bài tập này sẽ giúp quý thầy cô có thêm tư liệu hay, hướng dẫn ôn tập cho học sinh của mình. Còn với các em học sinh, BST sẽ cung cấp cho các em nhiều dạng bài tập bổ trợ, giúp các em hệ thống lại kiến thức đơn vị bài vừa học.
Choose the word which has the underlined part pronounced differently from the rest.
1. a. events b. spirit c. Asian d. silver
2. a. gold b. region c. organize d. game.
3. a. trained b. proved c. impressed d. performed
4. a. competitor b. medal c. level d. development
5. a. honor b. high c. host d. hold
Choose a, b, c, or d that best completes each unfinished sentence, substitutes the underlined part, or has a close meaning to the original one.
6. In _______ 22nd SEA Games, Vietnam won 158 _______ gold medals.
a. Ø/ the b. the/ Ø c. a/ the d. the/ the
7. _______ logo of the 22nd SEA Games is the stylization of Lac bird, the ancient bird pictured of the face of Ngoc Lu kettledrum, _______ most special and typical relic of the ancient Vietnamese culture.
a. A/ the b. The/ the c. Ø/ Ø d. The/ Ø
8. _______ symbol of the SEA Games Federation is to emphasize the solidarity, friendship, and nobility.
a. A b. An c. The d. Ø
9. The host country, Laos, is expected to announce official sports for 25th SEA Games _______ November 2008.
a. on b. in c. during d. from
10. Vietnam recommended archery, vovinam, billiards-snooker and canoeing _______ official sports at the games.
a. at b. with c. as d. in
11. The Party and State leaders, delegates, domestic arid international guests, and 11 sports delegations _______ Southeast Asian countries to the 22nd SEA Games were warmly welcomed.
a. over b. at c. for d. from
12. Johnny used to be one of the most _______ athletes in my country.
a. succeed b. success c. successful d. successfully
13. The 22nd SEA Games consisted of athletes from eleven _____ countries.
a. participate b. participant c. participation d. participating
14. _______, the athlete broke the world's record with two attempts.
a. Surprise b. Surprised c. Surprising d. Surprisingly
15. On behalf of the referees and athletes, referee Hoang Quoc Vinh and shooter Nguyen Manh Tuong swore to an oath of "_______, Honesty and Fair Play".
a. Performance b. Delegation c. Participation d. Solidarity
16. The ASEAN Para-Games are hosted by the same country where the SEA Games took place.
a. organized b. impressed c. participated d. defended
17. The ASEAN Para-Games is a biannual multi-sport _______ held after every Southeast Asian Games for athletes with physical disabilities.
a. games b. event c. work d. situation
18. In beach volleyball, Indonesia defeated Thailand in straight sets to take men's gold _______.
a. present b. award c. medal d. reward
19. The 22nd SEA Games was the first time when Vietnam finished top of the medal _______.
a. standings b. events c. spirits d. programs
20. Viet Nam's successful hosting of the 22nd SEA Games is considered a/an _____ example for other countries to follow, particularly in honesty, consistence and organizing method.
a. festival b. peaceful c. energetic d. outstanding
21. _______ you study for these exams, _______ you will do.
a. The harder/ the better b. The more/ the much
c. The hardest/ the best d. The more hard/ the more good,
22. My neighbor is driving me mad! It seems that _______ it is at night, _______ he plays his music!
a. the less/ the more loud b. the less/ less
c. the more late/ the more loudlier d. the later/ the louder
23. Thanks to the progress of science and technology, our lives have become _______.
a. more and more good b. better arid better
c. the more and more good d. gooder and gooder
24. The Sears Tower is _______ building in Chicago.
a. taller b. the more tall c. the tallest d. taller and taller
25. Petrol is _______ it used to.
a. twice as expensive as b. twice expensive more than
c. twice more than expensive d. more expensive than twice
26. Peter is _______ John.
a. younger and more intelligent than
b. more young and intelligent than
c. more intelligent and younger than
d. the more intelligent and younger than
27. San Diego is town in Southern California.
a. more nice and nice b. the nicer c. the nicest d. nicer and nicer
28. It gets _______ when the winter is coming.
a. cold and cold b. the coldest and coldest
c. colder and colder d. more and more cold
29. Robert does not have _______ Peter does.
a. money more than b. as many money as
c. more money as d. as much money as
30. The Mekong Delta is _______ deltas in Vietnam.
a. the largest of the two b. the more larger of the two
c. one of the two largest d. one of the two larger
31.The Southeast Asian Games, also knowing (A) as the SEA Games, is a biennial (B) multi-sport event involving (C) participants from the current eleven countries of Southeast Asia (D).
32.The SEA Games are (A) under regulation (B) of the Southeast Asian Games Federation with (C) supervision (D) by the International Olympic Committee and the Olympic Council of Asia.
33.The proposed rationale was that (A) a regional sports event will help (B) promote cooperative (C), understanding and relations among (D) countries in the Southeast Asian region
34.The first SEA Games were held (A) in Bangkok, Thailand, from 12 to 17 (B) December,1959 comprising (C) more and more (D) 527 athletes and officials from Southeast countries participating in 12 sports competitions.
35.The next (A) host for the SEA Games is Laos. It is (B) Laos' the first (C) time as the host (D) for the biannual- games
Read the passage carefully and choose the correct answer.
The 22nd SEA Games, hosted this year by Vietnam, has joined the international movement to rid sports of tobacco. For the first time, the regional sporting event will be tobacco-free under a landmark cooperative agreement signed in April 2003 between the World Health Organization (WHO), the 22nd SEA Games Organizing Committee and the Vietnamese Ministry of Health. Hanoi Health Department has organized a press seminar to celebrate and raise awareness about the tobacco-free SEA Games.
The 22nd SEA Games is the first games hosted by Vietnam and 10 countries from the Southeast Asian region with nearly 8,000 athletes and coaches will participate. It will be the first tobacco-free international sporting event in Vietnam, joining other international tobacco-free sporting events such as the FIFA World Cup 2002, and the Winter Olympic Games 2002.
The 22nd SEA Games will ban all sales, advertising and other promotion of tobacco products, and restricts smoking in all Games venues. The aim is to protect spectators, athletes, event staff, media and other visitors from the serious health hazards of second-hand tobacco smoke, as well as to change public attitudes about the social acceptability of smoking.
Madame Pascale Brudon, WHO Representative in Vietnam, stated, "Vietnam has established 3 years ago a comprehensive, ambitious national tobacco control policy and a national tobacco control program. The tobacco-free 22nd SEA Games will be yet another area where Vietnam is leading the way for other countries in the region and the world in protecting its citizens from the debilitating and disastrous consequences of tobacco use. "
WHO has provided funding and technical assistance to the SEA Games Organizing Committee and Vietnamese Ministry of Health to train of over 4,000 SEA Games organizers and volunteers on the implementation of the tobacco-free policy. An international team of trainers from the Ministry of Health, International Organization for Good Temper (lOGT), WHO and International Development Enterprises (IDE) began a series of national training workshops for volunteers in April, 2003.
The tobacco-free SEA Games are an inspiration and a model for other sport events, big and small, not only in Vietnam but also in the Southeast Asian and Western Pacific Region.
36. In the 22nd SEA Games _______.
a. there will be the attendance of athletes from the World Health Organization
b. smoking is not allowed
c. smoking is only for the leader, not any athletes
d. is held by the Vietnamese Ministry of Health
37. According to the text, _______.
a. Vietnam has ever organized several tobacco-free sport events before the 22nd SEA Games
b. the tobacco-free SEA Games in Vietnam has not been approved by any world organizations
c. the tobacco-free SEA Games is not announced to newspapers and magazines
d. the tobacco-free SEA Games in Vietnam has been encouraged and supported by many world organizations
38. According to the third paragraph, _______.
a. tobacco companies can have an advertising campaign during the SEA Games
b. second-hand tobacco smoke cannot cause any harm to the athletes in the 22nd SEA Games
c. cigarettes are not allowed to sell in the 22nd SEA Games venues
d. everyone can buy cigarettes in the 22nd SEA Games venues except the athletes
39. One of the aims of the tobacco-free SEA Games is
a. to sell more and more tobacco during the event
b. to change public attitudes about the social acceptability of smoking
c. to reduce the production of tobacco
d. to help athletes to solve the problems of the serious health hazards
40. Which sentence is not true?
a. Vietnam itself has to pay a lot for the volunteers on the implementation of the tobacco-free policy.
b. The tobacco-free SEA Games in Vietnam get great support from several world organizations
c. The tobacco-free SEA Games is considered a model for other sport events.
d. There are national training workshops for volunteers in April, 2003 for the tobacco-free SEA Games.
Fill in each numbered blank with one suitable word or phrase.
That is a program of Ho Chi Minh City Youth Union to (41) _____ individuals, domestic and foreign organizations buy and use bicycles during the time (42) _____ they enjoy the SEA Games 22 in Ho Chi Minh City then donate the bicycles to poor children.
Preparing (43) _____, this program, the Organizing Committee has signed a (44) _____ with Martin - a bicycle-making firm - to purchase 1,000 bicycles, at prices from 850,000 to 1,000,000 VND per bicycle -10% (45) _____ than market prices, with nearly 20 different models. In the mid of November, The Organizing Committee will announce, promote, and (46) _____ the program "SEA Games Iron Horses - For Poor Children" through (47) _____ at airport, on buses, taxis, at information desks, posters, banners, newspapers, and websites of city Youth Union. Besides 1,200 volunteers (48) _____ the SEA Games 22, the Organizing Committee also recruits 100 active volunteers for this program to handle the handover and receiving bikes, instructing participating tourists, giving (49) _____ to questions through hot lines.
This program both conveys practical significance and helps international friends to understand further the nation and people of Viet, Nam as well as strengthen the friendship and (50) _____ among nations.
41. a. require b. contribute c. encourage d. raise
42. a. where b. which c. that d. when
43. a. for b. on c. of d. about
44. a. document b. contract c. letter d. report
45. a. low b. lower c. the lower d. the lowest
46. a. public b. publicly c. publicizing d. publicize
47. a. book b. tickets c. leaflets d. sheets
48. a. serving b. taking c. running d. hosting
49. a. enquiries b. letters c. responses d. demands
50. a. cooperation b. participation c. achievement d. success