Tổng hợp Bài tập Tiếng Anh lớp 12 Unit 7: Economic Reforms CÓ ĐÁP ÁN
Tổng hợp Bài tập Tiếng Anh lớp 12 Unit 7: Economic Reforms CÓ ĐÁP ÁN
Mời quý thầy cô giáo và các em học sinh cùng tham khảo bộ sưu tập Bài tập trắc nghiệm, tự luận Tiếng Anh lớp 12 Unit 7 Economic Reforms. Đến với bộ sưu tập này, các em học sinh sẽ nhanh chóng nắm được từ vựng và ngữ pháp trong Unit 7 chương trình tiếng Anh 12 thông qua việc luyện tập với các bài tập trắc nghiệm. Bộ sưu tập này được chúng tôi sưu tầm và tổng hợp nhằm hỗ trợ tốt nhất cho việc dạy và học của quý thầy cô giáo và các em học sinh. VnDoc.com rất hi vọng, bộ sưu tập này sẽ hữu ích đối với các thầy cô giáo và các em học sinh.
Bài tập Tiếng Anh lớp 12 Unit 7: Economic Reforms CÓ ĐÁP ÁN
Choose the word whose main stress is put on a different syllable from that of the rest.
1. A. effect B. event C. emerge D. even
2. A. insecticide B. fertilizer C. pesticide D. herbicide
3. A. efficient B. communist C. impatient D. delicious
4. A. economy B. economic C. economical D. economically
5. A. renovate B. domesticate C. initiate D. eliminate
Choose the word or phrase (A, B, C or D) that best completes each sentence.
6. The authorities are determined to take tougher__________to reduce crime.
A. situations B. measures C. requirements D. interests
7. The old theater is in need of complete__________.
A. renew B. rebuild C. renovation D. review
8. Prior to the economic reform, the country had experienced many years of a __________ economy.
A. stagnant B. fluent C. fluently D. smoothly
9. Education is our first__________now. We are trying to do what we can to make it better.
A. prior B. prioritization C. priory D. priority
10. They have made a substantial change; that means, they have made a(n) __________change.
A. economic B. considerable C. steady D. subtle
11. M.D. played much better than their opponents; they almost__________the match.
A. dominated B. eliminated C. activated D. terminated
12. The company was__________because of a shortage of orders.
A. solved B. resolved C. dissolved D. involved
13. It looks like they're going to succeed __________their present difficulties.
A. because of B. despite C. yet D. even though
14. Although __________, Sue drives to work every day in the middle of rush hour.
A. her car is in good condition B. traffic is always heavy
C. she is a very careful driver D. she isn't in a hurry
15. __________, you'll probably get poor marks in the final exam.
A. Unless you pay more attention to your work
B. If you try to work harder
C. Because you're making efforts in your studies
D. Although your marks on the tests are not very good
16. I couldn't use the pay phone __________I didn't have any coins with me.
A. so B. so that C. because D. although
17. They had to work overtime__________they could finish work on time.
A. because B. so that C. although D. however
18. Your mother is a very good cook, __________we all know.
A. as B. but C. though D. then
19. Fiona stayed at work late __________.
A. so that to finish some work B. although she wasn't very tired
C. so as to complete the report D. because she didn't like working late
20. I can't go on picnic with you next Saturday. I__________my grandparents with my sister.
A. visit B. will visit C. 'm going to visit D. visited
21. It was a shameful thing to say in front of__________a lot of people.
A. so B. such C. too D. very
22. This town is__________like my hometown.
A. a bit B. more C. as D. the same
23. If you have difficult problems, you should discuss them with someone__________.
A. whom you can trust him B. that can trust
C. you can trust him D. you can trust
24. He was late because his alarm clock didn't __________that morning.
A. go off B. ring out C. break off D. come out
25. __________or you'll get overweight.
A. If you don't eat too much B. Unless you eat too much
C. Don't eat too much D. When you eat too much
26. I'm expecting to have this book__________soon this year.
A. published B. publishing C. to publish D. publish
27. __________ your advice, I was able to avoid lots of trouble on my trip abroad.
A. Thanks to B. Despite C. Even though D. Instead of
28. By the time you come back here next year, this new plaza building__________.
A. has been completed B. will be completed
C. has completed D. will have been completed
29. -" __________do you use your-computer for?"
-"To type lesson plans for my classes and to look for information on the Internet."
A. What B. When C. Who D. How
30. Surfing, an extreme sport that originated in Hawaii, __________more popular recently.
A. become B. has become C. are becoming D. have become
31. The car began to make an extraordinary noise so I stopped__________what it was.
A. seeing B. to see C. saw D. for seeing
32. Unless you stopped__________in that unfriendly way, nobody would like to make friends with you.
A. behave B. to be behaved C. to behave D. behaving
33. The film is based on a __________ novel about the effects of war.
A. move B. moved C. moving D. movement
34. I distinctly remember __________you. I gave you $ 20.
A. paying B. to pay C. paid D. to have paid
35. The man saw a notice __________to the door by a knife.
A. pin. B. pinned C. pinning D. having pinned
Choose the underlined part in each sentence that should be corrected.
36. When she heard the loud crash, Marge ran outside in the snow despite she wasn't wearing any
A B C D
37. They sang as they marched so that to forget how tired they were.
A B C D
38. There is so few ink that it will be impossible to finish addressing the envelopes.
A B C D
39. My brother and me are planning a party for our parents.
A B C D
40. All planes will be checking before departure.
A B C D
Choose the item (A, B, C or D) that best completes the following sentences.
Technology has come to the rescue of those who hate to be out of touch. First there were beepers; now there are cellular phones. These small telephones can go anywhere with you. Anyone who may need to reach you can simply call your cellular number. Of course, the numbers for most cellular phones work only in a specific city. Some companies have formed networks with other cellular phone services in other cities to try to make numbers work for their customers no matter where they are. But customers who travel frequently to the same city have come up with their own solution - they simply get a second cellular phone number for the second city.
41. Why do people like cellular phones?
A. They can use them in the office. B. They fit in a briefcase.
C. They like technology. D. They can them anywhere.
42. What is the disadvantage of cellular phones?
A. The sound is not clear. B. They do not ring loudly.
C. They are expensive. D. They work only in one city.
43. If people visit another city often, what is the simple solution to make their cellular phone work?
A. Get a second number in that city B. Use a regular telephone
C. Communicate by fax D. Buy a beeper
44. The sentence "no matter where they are" in the passage is closest in meaning to__________.
A. they don't care where they are
B. wherever they are
C. they have no idea where they are
D. where they are is not known
45. The phrase "come up with" in the passage is closest in meaning to__________.
A. found B. confronted C. accepted D. crested
Choose the word or phrase (A, B, C, or D) that best fits each space in the following passage.
Communication can be in the form of words, pictures, or actions. Words are the most commonly used: we speak or write to communicate ideas. It is, (46)_______, essential for people to use words effectively.
Pictures are useful, also. Businesses use them successfully in posters, charts, and blueprints. Companies should be careful that the pictures (47)______on posters and charts, as well as in brochures and advertisements, and the words compliment, rather than conflict, (48)______each other.
Action is an important communication medium: actions speak (49)_______than words. This medium is the most important when dealing face-to-face with employees, colleagues, and clients. A frown, a handshake, a wink, and even silence have meaning; people will attach significance (50)________these actions.
46. A. therefore B. because C. although D. despite
47. A. use B. using C. used D. useful
48. A. for B. with C. in D. of
49. A. noisier B. louder C. alouder D. loudlier
50. A. to B. by C. for D. with
Bài tập Tiếng Anh lớp 12 Unit 7: Economic Reforms Số 1 có đáp án
Choose the word which is stressed differently from the rest.
1. a. economic b. experience c. entertainment d. introduction
2. a. achievement b. communist c. constantly d. government
3. a. heavy b. major c. program d. reform
4. a. production b. consumer c. domestic d. business
5. a. hospital b. inflation c. policy d. constantly
Choose a, b, c, or d that best completes each unfinished sentence, substitutes the underlined part, or has a close meaning to the original one.
6. It is quite important _______ me to get on and think.
a. of b to c. on d. with
7. If you think you may be allergic to a food or drink, eliminate it _______ your diet.
a. for b. without c. from d. on
8. The new policies include cutting _______ subsidies and trade barriers.
a. agriculture b. agricultural c. agriculturalist d. agriculturally
9. The control of _______ has been carried out through measures rooted in monetarism.
a. inflate b. inflationist c. inflation d. inflator
10. It is often a good idea to start with small, easily _______ goals.
a. achieve b. achievement c. achievable d. achiever
11. Economic reforms began in the Soviet Union in June 1985 by the Soviet leader Mikhail Gorbachev to _______ the Soviet economy.
a. repair b. reproduce c. restructure d. reply
12. After more than a decade of Doi Moi or economic _______, the Vietnamese Communist government has achieved diplomatic and economic links with numerous foreign partners.
a. relation b. investment c. productivity d. renovation
13. For more than 20 years, the Vietnamese government has pursued the open-door _______ and continued to woo foreign investment.
a. policy b. way c. export d. guideline
14. After a decade of economic liberalization, Vietnam has seen a dramatic rise in living _______ in urban areas.
a. surface b. standards c. levels d. backgrounds
15. _______ laws and regulations which impose restrictions on any rights should be revised to comply with international law.
a. Domestic b. Program c. Encouraged d. Expanding
16. These new economic reforms have allowed for international _______ and development in the country.
a. pay b. renovation c. investment d. opportunity
17. In 2001 _______ Vietnamese Communist Party approved a 10-year economic plan that enhanced the role of the, private sector while reaffirming the primacy of the state.
a. a b. an c. the d. Ø
18. It would also concomitantly attract foreign investment to Vietnam, not only from ____ U. S. , but also from ____ Europe, Asia, and other regions.
a. Ø/ the b. the/ the c. Ø/ an d. the/ Ø
19. _______ some German and British management styles are similar, there are many differences between them.
a. In spite b. In spite of c. Despite the fact that d. Despite
20. I could not eat _______ I was very hungry.
a. even though b. in spite c. despite d. in spite the fact that
21. In spite _______, the baseball game was not cancelled.
a. the rain b. of the rain c. it was raining d. there was a rain
22. _______ he had enough money, he refused to buy a new car.
a. In spite b. In spite of c. Despite d. Although
23. _______, he walked to the station.
a. Despite being tired b. Although to be tired
c. In spite being tired d. Despite tired
24. The children slept well, despite _______.
a. it was noise b. the noise c. of the noise d. noisy
25. She left him _______ she still loved him.
a. even if b. even though c. in spite of d. despite
26. _______ her lack of hard work, she was promoted.
a. In spite b. Even though c. In spite of d. Despite of
27. _______ they are brothers, they do not look like.
a. Although b. Even c. Despite d. In spite of
28. We are concerned with the problem of energy resources _______ we must also think of our environment.
a. despite b. though c. as though d. but
29. _______ some Japanese women are successful in business, the majority of Japanese companies are run by men.
a. But b. Even if c. If d. As though
30. The teams played on in spite of the rain.
a. even if b. if c. in case d. not with standing