Bài tập Tiếng Anh lớp 12 Unit 4: School Education System
Bài tập Tiếng Anh lớp 12 Unit 4
Trong bài viết này, VnDoc xin giới thiệu Bài tập Tiếng Anh lớp 12 Unit 4: School Education System có kèm đáp án cụ thể và nhiều dạng bài tập hay giúp các em ôn tập kiến thức hiệu quả. Sau đây mời các em cùng làm bài nhé!
Choose the word whose main stress syllable is put differently.
1. A. remain B. seaman C. contain D. retain
2. A. control B. patrol C. idol D. extol
Choose the word whose underlined part is pronounced differently from that of the rest.
3. A. parallel B. label C. vessel D. chapel
4. A. typist B. typical C. typing D. stylish
5. A. vein B. reign C. foreign D. main
Choose the word or phrase (A, B, C or D) that best completes each sentence.
6. With black hair and eyes, she is_________of the people from her country.
A. the same B. typical C. similar D. identical
7. Military is_________in this country. Every man who reaches the age of 18 has to serve in the army for two years.
A. compulsory B. optional C. illegal D. unnecessary
8. People tend to work hard at this_________of life.
A. distance B. stage C. space D. level
9. Concern for the environment is now at the_________of many governments' policies.
A. core B. aim C. target D. purpose
10. Why don't you have the document_________?
A. photocopy B. to photocopy C. photocopying D. photocopied
11. The strange disease_________to have originated in Africa.
A. thinks B. is thinking C. is thought D. Thought
12. You can use my phone if yours _________.
A. won't be worked B. won't work C. isn't worked D. doesn't work
13. We were rather late, but fortunately there were some tickets_________.
A. to leave B. left C. leaving D. having left
14. It's a beautiful photo. I'm going to_________.
A. get it enlarging B. have it enlarging
C. have it enlarged D. set it enlarged
15. _________these plants regularly or they will die.
A. Water B. If you water C. Unless you water D. Because you water
16. I took off my shoes before entering the room _________.
A. in order to not dirty the floor B. so that I not dirty the floor
C. in order not dirtying the floor D. so as not to dirty the floor
17. What _________if you saw a pickpocket steal money from someone in the street?
A. do you do B. did you do
C. will you do D. would you do
18. The living conditions of the population _________in the past years.
A. has been improved B. have been improved
C. improved D. were improved
19. His father used the money he won to set_________his own company.
A. on B. about C. up D. forward
20. Although I was very tired, _________.
A. but I helped to clear up the mess after the party
B. I helped to clear up the mess after the party
C. and I tried to clear up the mess after the party
D. I didn't help to clear up the mess after the party
21. We hope to have the law _________by December.
A. pass B. to pass C. passing D. passed
22. "How does the washing machine work?"" _________"
A. Not often B. Like this C. Too much D. A little
23. I_________like that dress. It's really nice.
A. do B. very C. am D. have
24. We couldn't find _________could take over his job.
A. anyone B. whom C. someone D. anyone who
25. Everything_________turned out to be imaginary.
A. she said it B. she said C. which she said it D. that said
26. I keep sneezing because I got wet_________the way home yesterday.
A. in B. from C. on D. during
27. Don't you know what happened_________the people who went on holiday with us?
A. to B. with C. for D. at
28. Spain_________once a very powerful country.
A. was B. is C. used to D. has been
29. I _________tired. Let's find somewhere to have a rest.
A. got B. am getting C. get D. was getting
30. By the end of this week, I_________here for ten days.
A. stay B. am staying C. will stay D. will have stayed
31. I found this wallet on the street while I _________to school.
A. walk B. am walking C. have walked D. was walking
32. The washing-machine has broken down again. I think we should get_________.
A. a new B. a new one C. other new D. new one
33. - I don't feel like_________home. - What about_________out for a walk?
A. to stay/to go B. to stay/going C. staying/to go D. staying/going
34. _________we were lost, he offered to show us the way home.
A. Thought B. Thinking C. To think D. Think
35. He _________missed the train. He was just in time to catch it.
A. near B. nearly C. nearest D. mostly
Choose the underlined part in each sentence that should be corrected.
36. The oil price is believing to be rising again. A B C D
37. While the Brows were away on holiday, their house was broke into. A B C D
38. Why don't you congratulate our son about passing his final exam? A B C D
39. Now that I've become old, I can't read as quick as I used to. A B C D
40. There have been a report of several bombings by terrorist groups. A B C D
Choose the item (A, B, C or D) that best completes each of the following sentences.
In 1988, for the first time in British history, a National Curriculum was introduced. The National Curriculum tells pupils which subjects they have to study, what they must learn and when they have to take assessment tests. [assessment: đánh giá]
Between the ages of 14 and 16, pupils study for their GCSE (General Certificate of Secondary Education) exams. Pupils must take English Language, Maths and Science for GCSE, as well as a half GCSE in a foreign language and Technology. In addition, they must also be taught Physical Education, Religious Education and Sex Education, although they do not take exams in these subjects.
At the age of 16, pupils can leave school. If pupils stay on, they usually take A (Advanced) levels, AS (Advanced Supplementary) level or GNVQs (Greater National Vocational Qualifications). It is quite common to combine, for example, two A levels with one AS level, or one A level with one GNVQ.
Pupils taking A levels study traditional subjects, such as French, Physics or History. To go to university, pupils usually need two or three A levels.
AS levels are the same standard as A levels, but only half of the content: AS level German pupils take the A-level German language exam, but do not take the A-level German Literature exam.
GNVQs are vocational qualifications. Pupils usually take on GNVQ in subjects such as Business, Leisure and Tourism, Manufacturing, and Art and Design. One GVNQ (at advanced level) is equal to two A levels.
41. Britain began to have a National Curriculum _________.
A. one hundred years ago B. in the nineteenth century
C. in 1898 D. in 1988
42. Which of the following subjects do British students NOT take exams in?
A. Science B. Physical Education
C. Maths D. English Language
43. Pupils need_________A levels to continue to study at university.
A. one or two B. two or three
C. four or five D. five or six
44. Which of the following subjects do pupils NOT take on GNVQ in?
A. German Literature B. Business
C. Art and Design D. Manufacturing
45. Pupils normally study for their GCSE between the ages of _________.
A. 12 and 14 B. 14 and 16
C. 15 and 17 D. 16 and 18
Choose the word or phrase that best fits each space in the following passage.
A tiny village school is soon to celebrate its 110 birthday - against all expectations. Five years ago it seemed certain to close but parents and other villagers fought the local education authority and raised funds to keep it (46)_________. It is now ending its first term as a school (47)_________by the village community and the villagers are just proud of their achievement.
They were furious when education chiefs tried to make them send the village children to other schools further away because the number of pupils at the village school was too (48)_________. The villagers started a huge campaign to (49)_________money. They collected enough to hire a teacher and begin to help with school cleaning, lunch supervision and lessons. Now the school is doing well and it seems (50)________it will continue to run in the future.
46. A. open B. opened C. to opening D. for opening
47. A. run B. running C. has run D. to run
48. A. little B. less C. few D. small
49. A. rise B. raise C. pay D. deal
50. A. in case B. even though C. as if D. if only