Trắc nghiệm tiếng Anh lớp 12 Unit 11 Books có đáp án
Trắc nghiệm Tiếng Anh 12 Unit 11 có đáp án
VnDoc.com sẽ gửi đến các bạn nhiều bài tập tiếng Anh lớp 12 cơ bản để luyện tập, và giới thiệu các bài tập tiếng Anh lớp 12 nâng cao để các bạn làm quen, thử sức. Sau khi hoàn thành xong các bài tập tiếng Anh lớp 12 Unit 11 Books có đáp án này, các bạn có thể kiểm tra, đối chiếu với kết quả mà chúng tôi gửi kèm. Hy vọng, những bài tập tiếng Anh lớp 12 này sẽ giúp các bạn ngày càng học tốt môn tiếng Anh và có kết quả cao cho các kỳ thi, kiểm tra sắp tới.
Choose the word which has the underlined part pronounced differently from the rest.
1. a. book b. too c. who d. lose
2. a. fewer b. wonderful c. swallow d. chew
3. a. tasting b. subject c. sleep d. pleasure
4. a. source b. resource c. course d. colour
5. a. advice b. pick c. might d. kind
Choose a, b, c, or d that best completes each unfinished sentence, substitutes the underlined part, or has a close meaning to the original one.
6. Many people are not interested ________ reading books as much as seeing films.
a. in b. with c. for d. about
7. We spend more time watching TV than reading books. But ________ fact. TV has not kill reading.
a. for b. upon c. at d. in
8. Books are a wonderful source ________ knowledge and pleasure.
a. with b. of c. in d. about
9. After leaving school, many of us only read for ________.
a. please b. pleasant c. pleasure d. pleasing
10. Mary enjoys reading ________, adventure, and whatever else she can either buy or borrow.
a. romance b. romantic c. romanticize d. romanticism
11. The novel has had a tremendous impact on ________ and publishing markets.
a. entertain b. entertainer c. entertainment d. entertainingly
12. Please give me some advice to buy suitable books for my ten-year-old girl.
a. recommendation b. information c. fiction d. interest
13. Tommy likes the books that he borrowed from the school library very much. He has read them with ________.
a. entertainment b. romance c. tasting d. pleasure
14. The reviewer ________ Mathew's new novel as a new style of modern science fiction.
a. chewed b. digested c. described d. drew
15. I have nearly finished reading the book. There are only a few ______ left.
a. pieces b. pages c. slices d. sheets
16. Can you ________ what it would be like to live without books?
a. imagine b. advise c. describe d. understand
17. A ________ is a book, film, or play that tells an exciting fictional story about something such as criminal activities or spying.
a. non-fiction b. science c. thriller d. romance
18. Peter enjoys ________ science fictions, ________ type of book based on imagined scientific discoveries in the future.
a. Ø/ Ø b. the/ Ø c. Ø/ a d. the/ the
19. Different people never read a book in ________ same way.
a. a b. an c. the d. Ø
20. Before eating, ________ thoroughly with soap and clean water.
a. you should wash your hands b. your hands should be washing
c. you need washing your hands d. Your hands need washed
21. Fruits ________ in a freezer.
a. should not put b. should not be put
c. must put d. must be putting
22. The fire ________ by lightning.
a. must cause b. must be causing
c. must have caused d. must have been caused
23. The last decision ________.
a. will be made by the manager b. needn't be finished/ will be having
c. that will be made by the manager d. must be finished/ can have
24. This work ________ today so that we ________ a holiday tomorrow.
a. will finish/ are having b. that the manager will be made
c. should finish/ can be had d. will be making by the manager
25. I wish I ________ many times.
a. will not be interrupted b. would not be interrupted
c. will not have interrupted d. would not have been interrupted
26. The package ________ carefully before it ________.
a. must be wrapped/ is posted b. needs wrapping/ will be posted
c. should wrap/ is going to be posted d. will be wrapping/ needs posting
27. The weather forecast says that ________ tomorrow.
a. it will snow b. it will be snowed
c. it needs snowing d. it must be snowed
28. The car ________ by Karen. The keys are still on the table.
a. must have taken b. must have been taken
c. can't have been taken d. can't have taken
29. The garden ________. It has just started raining.
a. needn't water b. needn't be watered
c. needn't be watering d. needn't have watered
30. - I saw Grace this morning at the bank.
- It ________ Grace. She has been to Paris on her honeymoon.
a. can't be b. must be c. can't have been d. must have been
Choose the best sentence which has the closest meaning to the original one.
31. It wasn't obligatory to submit my assignment today.
a. My assignment must have been submitted today.
b. I needn't have submitted my assignment today.
c. My assignment was required to submit by today.
d. I mustn't submit my assignment today.
32. It's time we left for the disco.
a. We may leave for the disco now.
b. We needn't leave for the disco now.
c. We should leave for the disco now.
d. We must have leave for the disco now.
33. It was a mistake of you to lose your passport.
a. You shouldn't have lost your passport.
b. There must be a mistake in your passport.
c. You needn't have brought your passport.
d. Your passport must be lost.
34. My car keys are possibly in the kitchen.
a. My car keys should be put in the kitchen.
b. My car keys cannot be in the kitchen.
c. I do not know whether my car keys are in the kitchen.
d. My car keys might be in the kitchen.
35. Is it possible for me to come to your house at about 7pm?
a. Must I come over to your house at about 7pm?
b. Could I be come to your house at about 7pm?
c. Can I come to your house at about 7pm?
d. Will I come to your house at about 7pm?
Read the passage carefully and choose the correct answer.
Have you ever written a book report? First of all, you have to read the book. Your next step will be to organize what you are going to say about it in your report. Writing the basic elements down in an outline format will help you to organize your thoughts. What will you include in the outline? Follow whatever instructions your teacher has given you. If you are on your own, however, the following guidelines should help.
Let's assume for the moment that you have chosen a work of fiction. We will start with a description of the book. The description should include such elements as:
1. The setting: Where does the story take place? Is it a real place or an imaginary one? If the author does not tell you exactly, where the story is set, what can you tell about it from the way it is described?
2. The time period: Is the story set in the present day or in an earlier time period? Perhaps it is even set in the future! Let your reader know.
3. The main characters: Who is the story mostly about? Give a brief description. Often, one character can be singled out as the main character, but some books will have more than one.
4. The plot: What happens to the main character? Warning! Be careful here. Do not fall into the boring trap of reporting every single thing that happens in the story. Pick only the most important events. Here are some hints on how to do that. First, explain the situation of the main character as the story opens. Next, identify the basic plot element of the story - Is the main character trying to achieve something or overcome a particular problem? Thirdly, describe a few of the more important things that happen to the main character as he/she works toward that goal or solution. Finally, you might hint at the story's conclusion without completely giving away the ending.
The four points above deal with the report aspect of your work. For the final section of your outline, give your reader a sense of the impression the book made upon you. Ask yourself what the author was trying to achieve and whether or not he achieved it with you. What larger idea does the story illustrate? How does it do that? How did you feel about the author's style of writing, the setting, or the mood of the novel? You do not have to limit yourself to these areas. Pick something which caught your attention, and let your reader know your personal response to whatever it was.
36. When you write a book report, you can organize your thoughts by writing the basic elements down in an outline format.
c. No information
37. The background of the story, place and time, is not necessary in a book report.
c. No information
38. Each book has only one main character.
c. No information
39. In your book report, only important events are told.
c. No information
40. When you report a non-fiction work, you needn't express your impression on the book.
c. No information
Fill in each numbered blank with one suitable word or phrase.
Making time to read is something we all know we (41) ______ do, but who schedules book reading time every day? There are very few. That is why adding book reading to your daily schedule and sticking to it can improve discipline.
Books are (42) ______. You can take them almost anywhere. As such, you can learn almost anywhere too.
By reading more books and exposing yourself (43) ______ new and more complete information, you will also be able to come up with more (44) ______ ideas. When you have read so many books on the subject, you can combine lessons from all of them into new (45) ______.
Reading gives you something to talk about. Have you ever (46) ______ out of things to talk about with your best friend, wife or husband? This can be uncomfortable. It (47) ______ even make married couples wonder if their marriage is in trouble. (48) ______, if you read a lot of books, you will always have something to talk about. You can discuss various plots in the novels you read, you can discuss the things you are learning in the business books you are reading as well. The possibilities of sharing are endless.
Bocks are inexpensive (49) ______ to help you reduces stress. Many readers relax by reading. Compared with the person who gets home from work and immediately (50) ______ on the TV news, you are going from work stress to crime stress. TV as a source of relaxation is too full of loud commercials and fast moving violent images. If relaxation is something you want, turn off the TV or computer and pick up a book.
41. a. should b. mustn't c. needn't d. might
42. a. durable b. portable c. changeable d. capable
43. a. for b. with c. on d. to
44. a. disapproved b. dull c. creative d. required
45. a. solutions b. problems c. troubles d. difficulties
46. a. put b. had c. walked d. run
47. a. should b. might c. need d. must
48. a. So b. Therefore c. However d. Although
49. a. entertainment b. tension c. machinery d. media
50. a. gets b. turns c. takes d. makes
Trên đây là toàn bộ nội dung của Bài tập Tiếng Anh 12 Unit 11: Books có đáp án. Mời bạn đọc tham khảo thêm nhiều tài liệu ôn tập Tiếng Anh 12 Unit 11 khác như: Từ vựng Tiếng Anh lớp 12 Unit 11: Books, Giải bài tập SGK Tiếng Anh lớp 12 Unit 11: Books, ...
Ngoài ra, bạn đọc có thể tham khảo thêm nhiều tài liệu ôn tập Tiếng Anh 12 chương trình mới cả năm khác như: Để học tốt Tiếng Anh lớp 12, Bài tập Tiếng Anh lớp 12 theo từng Unit trực tuyến, Đề thi học kì 1 lớp 12, Đề thi học kì 2 lớp 12,... được cập nhật liên tục trên VnDoc.com.
Mời quý thầy cô, các bậc phụ huynh tham gia nhóm Facebook: Tài liệu ôn tập lớp 12 để tham khảo chi tiết các tài liệu học tập lớp 12 các môn năm 2020 - 2021.