Bài tập Tiếng Anh lớp 12 Unit 15 Women in society có đáp án
Bài tập tiếng Anh 12 Unit 15 Women in society có đáp án
Trắc nghiệm Tiếng Anh lớp 12 unit 15 Women in society có đáp án gồm có 50 bài tập tiếng Anh cơ bản về chủ đề Phụ nữ trong Xã hội. Mời các bạn cùng tham khảo để củng cố kiến thức tiếng Anh của mình. Hy vọng tài liệu sẽ giúp ích cho quá trình học tập của các bạn.
Choose the word which is stressed differently from the rest.
1. a. involvement b. employment c. social d. important
2. a. position b. family c. century d. politics
3. a. philosopher b. discriminate c. individual d. significant
4. a. ability b. equality c. enlightenment d. naturally
5. a. status b. argue c. basis d. against
Choose a, b, c, or d that best completes each unfinished sentence, substitutes the underlined part, or has a close meaning to the original one.
6. A child receives his early ________ from their parents.
a. educate b. education c. educator d. educative
7. Birth control methods have ________ women from the endless cycle of childbearing and rearing.
a. free b. freely c. freedom d. freed
8. Thanks to the women's liberation women can take part in ____ activities.
a. social b. society c. socially d. socialize
9. In some most Asian countries women are undervalued and they never have the same ________ as men.
a. formality b. basis c. limit d. status
10. ________ is the study or creation of theories about basic things such as the nature of existence, knowledge, and thought, or about how people should live.
a. Politics b. Physics c. Business d. Philosophy
11. Mrs. Pike is a feminist, who ________ that women should be offered the same job opportunities as men.
a. varies b. advocates c. leads d. votes
12. It is against the law to __ on the basis of sex, age, marital status, or race.
a. suit b. discriminate c. believe d. gain
13. Women's status ________ in different countries and it depends on the cultural beliefs.
a. varies b. employs c. fixes d. establishes
14. Women's contribution to our society has been ______ better these days.
a. differently b. naturally c. intellectually d. significantly
15. Many of young people between the ages of 16 and 18 who are neither in education nor ________ are in danger of wasting their lives.
a. power b. ability c. nature d. employment
16. On 18 December 1979, the Convention on the Elimination of All Forms of Discrimination against Women was adopted by ________ United Nations General Assembly.
a. a b. an c. the d. Ø
17. When they are at ________ work, employed men work about an hour more than employed women.
a. a b. an c. the d. Ø
18. The women's movement has brought light to ________ areas in which women do not have equality with men.
a. a b. an c. the d. Ø
19. My husband spends far more time helping our three kids ________ homework and studying for tests than I do.
a. on b. to c. with d. in
20. My husband and I take turns cleaning ________ the kitchen depending ________ who gets home from work earlier.
a. away/ to b. from/ in c. up/ on d. with/ for
21. The efforts for the advancement of women have resulted ________ several respectively achievement in women's life and work.
a. at b. with c. for d. in
22. The women's movement has affirmed women's rights to non-discrimination ________ education, employment and economic and social activities.
a. in b. of c. from d. about
23. The small white flowers are my favorite. They give off a wonderful honey smell that scents the entire garden.
a. release b. stop c. end d. melt
24. I couldn't make out what he had talked about because I was not used to his accent.
a. stand b. understand c. write d. interrupt
25. I'm sorry. I didn't mean to interrupt you. Please, go on and finish what you were saying.
a. talk b. quit c. continue d. stop
26. The firefighters fought the blaze while the crowd was looking on it.
a. blowing b. watering c. preventing d. watching
27. I cannot believe Peter and Mary ________ up last week. They have been married for almost fifteen years. I hope they get back together.
a. went b. gave c. looked d. broke
28. It took us over twelve hours to hike over the mountain. By the time we got back to our campsite, I was completely ________ out.
a. worn b. went c. put d. knocked
29. If you don't have the telephone number now, you can ________ me up later and give it to me then.
a. call b. stop c. give d. hold
30. What does "www" ________ for? Is it short for "world wide web?"
a. sit b. stand c. lie d. point
31. Several years ago (A) it was even (B) difficult to imagine people talking in (C) women's rights and the situations they faced (D) in traditional society,
32.In traditional society women played (A) only (B) the role of wives and housewife (C) and did not get exposed to (D) the outside world.
33. Women's movements ensure (A) the full (B) education, develop (C) and advancement of (D) women.
34. Women's movements work for (A) the purpose (B) of guaranteeing women the enjoyment (C) of human rights and fundamental freedoms on a basis of equal (D) with men.
35.Education to raise awareness (A) of gender equity (B) should receive more than (C) consideration so that men are encouraged to understand and share their wives' burdens (D).
Read the passage carefully and choose the correct answer.
Today, more and more women are actively participating in social activities both in urban and rural areas. Specifically, they have shined brightly in even many fields commonly regarded as the man's areas such as business, scientific research and social management. In some areas, women even show more overwhelming power than men. The image of contemporary Vietnamese women with creativeness, dynamism, success has become popular in Vietnam's society. The fact reveals that the gender gap has been remarkably narrowed and women enjoy many more opportunities to pursue their social careers and obtain success, contributing to national socio-economic development. According to Ms, Le Thi Quy, Director of the Gender/and Development Research Centre under the University of Social Sciences and Humanities, Hanoi National University, gender equity in Vietnam has reached a high level over the past decade. The rate of Vietnamese women becoming National Assembly members from the 9th term to the 11th term increased 8. 7%, bringing the proportion of Vietnamese women in authority to 27. 3%, the highest rate in Southeast Asia. There is no big gap in the level of literacy and schooling between men and women. Women account for about 37% of university and college graduates, 19. 9% of doctoral degree holders and 6. 7% of professors and associate professors.
The legitimate rights of women and children are ensured more than ever before with more complete legal documents including laws, conventions and national action plans, among which the laws on "gender equity" mark a turning-point in the empowerment of women.
Mass media also highlights the continued success of women in every field and honors their great importance in modern society, helping to do away with outdated perceptions about traditional women's duties. Many projects on reproductive health care, children protection, and family income improvement jointly conducted by various mass organizations, state agencies and non-governmental organizations have created favorable conditions for women to become involved.
36. The text is about ________.
a. the changes in the status of Vietnamese women
b. the Vietnamese women's liberation
c. the Vietnamese sex discrimination
d. the discrimination that Vietnamese women have to face
37. Which adjective is not used to describe Vietnamese women?
a. successfu b. creative c. narrow d. dynamic
38. According to the data in the text, ________.
a. Vietnamese women do not take part in authority
b. the level of literacy and schooling between men and women in Vietnam is the same
c. there are more women in authority in Vietnam than those in any other countries in Southeast Asia.
d. there are no female professors in Vietnam
39. Vietnamese women ________.
a. have few opportunities to develop their intellectual ability
b. have only shined brightly in doing housework
c. cannot do any scientific research
d. are ensured their rights with laws, conventions and national action plans
40. Which is not mentioned in the text as a project to create condition for Vietnamese women?
a. Traditional women's duties b. Reproductive health care
c. Children protection d. Family income improvement
Fill in each numbered blank with one suitable word or phrase.
(41) _____ history, women have always aimed for a recognized place in (42) _____. Guided by their own (43) _____ of knowledge and expertise, women like Marie Curie in science, Mary Wollstonecraft in literary writing, Simone de Beauvois in philosophical existentialist debate, and Marie Stopes, in medicine, to name a few, have brought about (44) _____ awareness of the role of women in any walks of life. These women have helped redefine and (45) _____ the nature of women's place in society. Today the (46) _____ of global women's organizations and the impact of women's contributions (47) _____ society show that progress has been made and the progress in furthering the role of women in society has been some benefit to the (48) _____ woman. It is true to say that not all women have the same need. The need of the woman who stays at home and (49) _____ children will differ widely from the woman who works outside. Nonetheless, in the extensive field of equal opportunities, it would be good to know that access is given to both with equal measure according to the true value of respective abilities. It also would be good to know that the woman at home is recognized as a valued (50) _____ of society just as much as the one who deals on business outside the home.
41. a. Among b. Throughout c. During d. Upon
42. a. society b. social c. socialize d. socialist
43. a. region b. farm c. field d. path
44. a. a b. an c. the d. no article
45. a. gain b. encourage c. force d. consolidate
46. a. right b. belief c. limit d. spread
47. a. on b. for c. to d. at
48. a. own b. private c. individual d. personal
49. a. rises b. raises c. increases d. lift
50. a. party b. competitor c. partner d. member