Bài tập tiếng Anh lớp 12 Unit 9 Deserts có đáp án
Bài tập tiếng Anh Unit 9 lớp 12 Deserts có đáp án
Trong bài viết này, VnDoc xin giới thiệu Bài tập Tiếng Anh lớp 12 Unit 9: Deserts có đáp án chi tiết, cụ thể dành cho các em học sinh lớp 12 ôn tập và củng cố kiến thức hiệu quả sau từng bài học. Sau đây mời các em cùng làm bài và tham khảo đáp án nhé!
Choose the word whose underlined part is pronounced differently from that of the others:
|1. A. circle||B. center||C. census||D. cancel|
|2. A. area||B. arise||C. arrange||D. arrive|
|3. A. dessert||B. desert||C. deserve||D. prefer|
|4. A. roughly||B. tough||C. enough||D. though|
|5. A. gently||B. germ||C. gear||D. gene|
Choose the word or phrase (A, B, C or D) that best completes each of the following sentence.
6. They made an aerial survey; that is, they made a survey_________.
A. by ship
B. by plane
C. on foot
D. by telescope
7. Hummock grasses grow in loose sand on the crest.
8. Eight kilometers is_________ equivalent to five miles.
9. Older people_________ a large proportion of those living in poverty.
10. She has the windows open, _________it is cold outside.
11. There is still much to discuss. We shall, _________, return to this item at our next meeting.
D. so that
12. The sea was dangerous, _________we didn't go out for a swim.
13. The new trains have more powerful engines and are; _________, faster.
14. It was cold and wet. _________, Paul put on his swimming suit and went to the beach.
15. I had no choice_________sign the contract.
16. You can dress_________you like.
17. _________hard he tried, he couldn't open the door.
18. We took a map with us_________.
A. so that we would get lost
B. so that we wouldn't get lost
C. so that we won't get lost
D. in order to get lost
19. We'll buy everything you produce_________it's reasonable.
20. Sunglasses come_________many different colors, shapes, and strengths.
21. You are expected_________the safety regulations of the school.
B. to know
D. being known
22. _________ his father, he is a biologist.
C. The same
23. Everyone_________happy at the last meeting.
24. Did you paint it yourself or did you_________ it painted?
25. We_________drive fast; we have plenty of time.
26. If you_________there what would you have done?,
B. had been
C. would be
D. would have been
27. They'll be able to walk across the river_________.
A. if the ice will be thick enough
B. unless the ice is thick enough
C. if the ice is thick enough
D. when the ice will be thick enough
28. Please call if you're going to arrive_________.
A. as late
D. later than
29. Nobody knew that Uncle Ben was coming to see us. He arrived_________.
30. 'He is back already.' 'He_________very early.'
A. should have started
B. must have started
C. shouldn't have started
D. can't have started
31. We expected that our team_________, but it didn't.
A. will win the game
B. can win the game
C. would win the game
D. will be winning the game
32. You can see the details_________the computer screen.
33. Don't walk too fast. I can't keep_________you.
A. on to
B. on with
C. up to
D. up with
34. Rita is not used _________on her own.
A. for living
B. to live
C. with living
D. to living
35. He bought a ticket_________.
A. and his brother did either
B. but his brother didn't, too
C. and so his brother bought
D. and so did his brother
Choose the underlined part in each sentence that needs correcting:
36. A study (A) of the (B) difference between (C) synthetic and natural vitamins are (D) needed.
37. You must take quickly (A) the test in order to (B) finish (C) in time (D).
38. Most (A) vacationers can't stand traveling (B) in packed (C) cars or stay (D) in dirty hotel rooms.
39. That's (A) the best (B) exhibition I've never (C) seen (D).
40. Jack is looking (A) for another (B) job for he says (C) he is really fed up of (D) doing the same thing every day.
Read and choose the letter (A, B, C or D) that best completes the tasks that follow:
The size and location of the world's deserts are always changing.
Over millions of years, as climates change and mountains rise, new dry and wet areas develop. But within the last 100 years, deserts have been growing at a frightening speed. This is partly because of natural changes, but the greatest desert makers are humans.
In developing countries, 90 percent of the people use wood for cooking and heating. They cut down trees for firewood. But trees are important. They cool the land under them and keep the sun off the smaller plants. When leaves fall from a tree, they make the land richer. When the trees are gone, the smaller plants die, and there is nothing but sand. Yet people must use firewood, raise animals, and grow crops in order to live.
Humans can make deserts, but humans can also prevent their growth.
Algeria planted a green wall of trees across the edge of the Sahara to stop the desert sand from spreading. Mauritania planted a similar wall around Nouakchott, the capital. Iran puts a thin covering of petroleum on sandy areas and plants trees. The oil keeps the water and small in the land, and men on motorcycles keep the sheep and goats away. Other countries build long canals to bring water to desert areas.
Yet land that will probably become desert in the future equals the size of Australia, the United States, and the former Soviet Union together. Can people stop the growth of the world's deserts and save the land that is so essential to life?
41. Most people in developing countries_________.
A. planted trees on the edge of the deserts
B. cook on wood fires
C. put oil on sandy areas
D. raise sheep and goats
42. We can infer that men on motorcycles keep the sheep and goats away so that_________.
A. they won't eat the small trees
B. they won't destroy the covering of oil
C. they won't drink water in the canals
D. they won't blow the sand away
43. When all the trees in an area are cut down, _________.
A. their leaves make the land richer
B. the smaller plants can grow better
C. they cool the land under their leaves
D. there is nothing left but sand
44. The word frightening speed in the first paragraph is closest in meaning to_________.
B. extremely fast
45. According to the passage, which of the following is the most important cause of desertification?
A. The change of climate
B. The spread of deserts
C. Human activities
D. Cattle destroying trees
Choose the word or phrase (A, B, C, or D) that best fits each space in the following passage.
The Sahara Desert is growing by 10kms each year. The whole earth gets 600km2 of desert area more every year. This process is called "desertification". This term started being (46)_____ in the 1950s.
The idea of desertification was first known in the 1930s. Much of the Great Plains grew very dry (47)______ a result of drought and poor farming techniques. It was called the Dust Bowl. Millions were forced to leave their farms and their ways of life. Since then, (48)_____ have been great improvements in farming practices in the Great Plains. These have prevented the Dust Bowl disaster (49)______ again.
Grazing is one worry. Cows do two things to the soil. First, they eat grasses and plants that hold the soil in place. Second, their hooves break down the top layer of soil. The result is that the good soil can be blown away by the wind. The dirt (50)______ behind is not good for growing.
46. A. use B. used C. to use D. using
47. A. as B. for C. by D. with
48. A. it B. they C. there D. those
49. A. to occur B. to occurring C. of occurring D. from occurring
50. A. leaves B. to leave C. left D. leaving
Đáp án có trong file tải: Trắc nghiệm tiếng Anh 12 Unit 9 Deserts có đáp án. Mời bạn đọc tham khảo thêm nhiều tài liệu ôn tập Tiếng Anh 12 khác như: Để học tốt Tiếng Anh lớp 12, Bài tập Tiếng Anh lớp 12 theo từng Unit trực tuyến, Đề thi học kì 1 lớp 12, Đề thi học kì 2 lớp 12,... được cập nhật liên tục trên VnDoc.com.
Mời quý thầy cô, các bậc phụ huynh tham gia nhóm Facebook: Tài liệu ôn tập lớp 12 để tham khảo chi tiết các tài liệu học tập lớp 12 các môn năm 2020 - 2021.