Bài tập Tiếng Anh lớp 12 Unit 16 THE ASSOCIATION OF SOUTHEAST ASIAN NATIONS có đáp án (1)
Bài tập Tiếng Anh lớp 12 Unit 16 The association of Southeast Asian Nations
Thông qua Bài tập trắc nghiệm Tiếng Anh 12 có đáp án này, các em vừa được ôn tập, củng cố lại kiến thức, vừa có thêm kinh nghiệm, kỹ năng giải quyết nhiều dạng bài tập khác nhau. Việc chuyên cần ôn luyện bằng cách giải các bài tập bổ trợ, các em sẽ nắm và ghi nhớ lâu nội dung bài học.
Choose the word which is stressed differently from the rest.
1. a. association b. original c. stability d. accelerate
2. a. domestic b. estimate c. statistics d. relation
3. a. language b. diverse c. promote d. combine
4. a. economic b. integration c. development d. transportation
5. a. service b. rural c. region d. include
Choose a, b, c, or d that best completes each unfinished sentence, substitutes the underlined part, or has a close meaning to the original one.
6. ASEAN remains ready to further cooperate with _______ United Nations in the ongoing humanitarian efforts for the victims of Cyclone Nargis in Myanmar.
a. a b. an c. the d. Ø
7. _______ UN leaders appreciate the support, cooperation and leadership that ASEAN has shown in helping the victims of disasters.
a. A b. An c. The d. Ø
8. The organization hosts cultural activities in _______ attempt to further integrate the region.
a. a b. an c. the d. Ø
9. ASEAN also works for the _______ of peace and stability in the region.
a. promote b. promotion c. promotional d. promoter
10. The Association of Southeast Asian Nations, commonly referred to as ASEAN, is a geo-political and _______ organization.
a. economy b. economic c. economics d. economical
11. The motivations for the birth of ASEAN were the desire for a _______ environment.
a. stable b. stability c. stably d. stabilize
12. ASEAN was founded on 8 August, 1967 with five : Thailand, Indonesia, Malaysia, Singapore, and the Philippines.
a. members b. competitors c. leaders d. statesmen
13. ASEAN is an organization on the Southeast Asian region that aims to _______ economic growth, social progress, and cultural development.
a. account b. include c. accelerate d. respect
14. The Association of Southeast Asia which consists of 10 countries located in Southeast Asia was _______ on August 8, 1967 by Indonesia, Malaysia, the Philippines, Singapore, and Thailand.
a. found b. founded c. invented d. discovered
15. The aims of the Association of Southeast Asia include the evolvement of economic growth, social progress, cultural development among its members, and the promotion of regional peace.
a. goals b. organizations c. missions d. plans
16. Southeast Asia is a region of diverse cultures.
a. same b. adopted c. various d. respected
17. ASEAN has emphasized cooperation in the "three pillars" of security, socio cultural and economic _______ in the region.
a. organization b. production c. integration d. establishment
18. The ASEAN Free Trade Area (AFTA) is an agreement by the member nations of ASEAN concerning local manufacturing in all ASEAN countries.
a. progressing b. producing c. combining d. aiming
19. ASEAN has planned equitable economic development and reduced poverty and _______ disparities in year 2020.
a. socio-politic b. socio-cultural c. socio-linguistic d. socio-economic
20. The Governments of ASEAN have paid special attention _______ trade.
a. to b. on c. for d. with
21. The goal the ASEAN Vision 2020 aims _______ creating a stable, prosperous and highly competitive ASEAN economic region.
a. for b. on c. at d. up
22. _______, I will give him the report.
a. When he will return b. When he returns
c. Until he will return d. No sooner he returns
23. _______ the firemen arrived to help, we had already put out the fire.
a. Until b. No sooner c. By the time d. After
24. I have earned my own living _______ I was seven.
a. since b. when c. while d. as soon as
25. We saw many beautiful birds _______ in the lake.
a when we are fishing b. while fishing c. while fished d. fishing
26. _______, Peter came to see me.
a. While having dinner b. While I was having dinner
c. When having dinner d. When lam having dinner
27. _______ my homework, I went to bed.
a. After I had finished b. After finished
c. Finished d. After had finished
28. _______ the dance, Jerry said good-bye to his girlfriend.
a. Before left b. Before he leaves
c. Before leaving d. Before he will leave
29. Jones _______ after everyone _______.
a. speaks/ will eat b. will speak/ has eaten
c. is speaking/ eats d. has spoken/ will have eaten
30. _______, Joe stays in bed and reads magazines.
a. Whenever raining b. As it will be raining
c. When it will rain d. Whenever it rains
Read the passage carefully and choose the correct answer.
On 8 August 1967, five leaders - the Foreign Ministers of Indonesia, Malaysia, the Philippines, Singapore and Thailand- sat down together in the main hall of the Department of Foreign Affairs building in Bangkok, Thailand and signed a document. By virtue of that document, the Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN) was born. The five Foreign Ministers who signed it have been considered as the founders of probably the most successful intergovernmental organization in the developing world today. The document that they signed would be known as the ASEAN Declaration.
It is a short, simply-worded document containing just five articles. It declares the establishment of an Association for Regional Cooperation among the Countries of Southeast Asia to be known as the Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN) and spells out the aims and purposes of that Association. These aims and purposes are about the cooperation in economy, society, culture, techniques, education and other fields, and in the promotion of regional peace and stability through abiding respect for justice and the principles of the United Nations Charter. It stipulates that the Association will be open for participation by all States in the Southeast Asian region subscribing to its aims, principles and purposes. It proclaims ASEAN as representing the collective will of the nations of Southeast Asia to bind themselves together in friendship and cooperation and, through joint efforts and sacrifices, secure for their peoples and for posterity the blessings of peace, freedom and prosperity. The goal of ASEAN, then, is to create, not to destroy.
The original ASEAN logo presented five brown sheaves of rice stalks, one for each founding member. Beneath the sheaves is the legend "ASEAN" in blue. These are set on a field of yellow encircled by a blue border. Brown stands for strength and stability, yellow for prosperity and blue for the spirit of cordiality in which ASEAN affairs are conducted. When ASEAN celebrated its 30th Anniversary in 1997, the sheaves on the logo had increased to ten -representing all ten countries of Southeast Asia and reflecting the colors of the flags of all of them. In a very real sense, ASEAN and Southeast Asia will be one and the same, just as the founders had envisioned.
36. The Association of Southeast Asian Nations ________.
a. consists of some Western nations
b. was established by the Philippines
c. was founded on 8 August 1967
d. was established by the Minister of the Department of Foreign Affairs of Thailand
37. The pronoun it in the first paragraph refers to ________.
a. the Association of Southeast Asian Nations
b. the most successful inter-governmental organization
d. the ASEAN Declaration
38. Which adjective can be used to describe the Association of Southeast Asian Nations?
a. successful b. illegal c. nongovernmental d. developing
39. Which does not belong to the purpose and aim of the Association of Southeast Asian Nations?
a. friendship b. destruction c. creation d. cooperation
40. Up to 1997 how many countries there have been in ASEAN?
a. 5 b. 6 c. 8 d. 10
Fill in each numbered blank with one suitable word or phrase.
ASEAN Handicraft Promotion and Development Association (AHPADA) was established as a result of a Workshop on Handicraft for Export which was (41) _____ by the Royal Thai Government in February 1981 in Bangkok. AHPADA was formed as a forum for both the government and private sectors that are concerned with meeting and complementing each other in the promotion and development of handicrafts (42) _____. AHPADA is affiliated to the ASEAN and the World Craft Council. The (43) _____ members were Thailand, Malaysia, the Philippines and Indonesia. Singapore and Brunei join in a little (44) _____. Cambodia, Lao, Myanmar and Vietnam joined in September 1999.
AHPADA's objectives are:
1. To take common approach to develop and promote the marketing of crafts (45) _____ and outside the ASEAN Region,
2. To operate as a main point of promotion of ASEAN handicrafts and raw (46) _____ required-for production, trade fairs and exhibitions,
3. To strengthen and improve the status of craftspeople,
4. To create employment opportunities especially in the rural areas,
5. To (47) _____ traditional craft skills within the context of conservation of cultural heritage,
6. To educate and create awareness and appreciation of the authentic handicrafts of ASEAN Countries,
7. And to build up an archive of ASEAN CRAFT information.
With the recent economic downturn in (48) _____ ASEAN Countries, AHPADA's objectives are more relevant than they have ever been before. Most producers are among the rural areas and (49) _____ majority of them are very small entrepreneurs. AHPADA works at both national level through the national focal points and at the international level through the Board of AHPADA and the Regional Secretariat which is permanently based in Bangkok, Thailand. (50) _____ 1981 AHPADA has been able to act as a catalyst and initiators in the promotion and development of ASEAN CRAFTS through seminars, workshops and exhibitions, often in partnership with several multinational and international organizations.