Bài tập Tiếng Anh lớp 12 Unit 8: Life in the future có đáp án - Test 3
Bài tập Tiếng Anh lớp 12 Unit 8: Life in the future có đáp án
Bài tập Tiếng Anh lớp 12 Unit 8: Life in the future có đáp án sau đây sẽ giúp cho các bạn biết được một số dạng bài tập về từ vựng theo chương trình học của lớp 12. Từ đó, giúp các bạn củng cố và bổ sung thêm kiến thức về từ vựng tiếng Anh nói riêng và kiến thức Anh văn nói chung.
Choose the word which is stressed differently from the rest.
1. a. powerful b. medical c. dangerous d. computer
2. a. influence b. confident c. disappear d. terrorism
3. a. corporation b. electronic c. responsibility d. electricity
4. a. ahead b. system c. paper d. shuttle
5. a. history b. depression c. invention d. completely
Choose a, b, c, or d that best completes each unfinished sentence, substitutes the underlined part, or has a close meaning to the original one.
6. There is a wide _______ of computers in that shop for you to choose.
a. vary b. various c. variety d. variously
7. There are several places where residents face the threat of _______ every day.
a. terrorist b. terrorism c. terrorize d. terror
8. Many people think that in some more years we will see the complete _______ of newspapers and magazines due to the Internet.
a. disappear b. disappearance c. appear d. appearing
9. A specific area of biotechnology that shows great promise for treatment and cure of life- _______ diseases.
a. developing b. threatening c. hoping d. fitting
10. Telecommunication is bound to have a huge influence on various aspects of our lives.
a. depression b. technique c. expect d. impact
11. We sometimes go away from the city to the countryside for a ______ of fresh air.
a. feeling b. sip c. swallow d. breath
12. The idea of building a _______ with human intelligence is not only ambitious but also highly unconventional.
a. robot b. corporation c. line d. road
13. Washing machines, vacuum cleaners, and dish washers are labor _______ devices which help us do housework easily and quickly.
a. improving b. making c. saving d. employing
14. Those companies were closed due to some seriously financial problems.
a. taken off b. put away c. wiped out d. gone over
15. The computer allows us to work fast and _______.
a. efficiently b. differently c. variously d. freshly
16. They arrived _______ that train station late because their taxi had broken _______.
a. at/ down b. for/ off c. on/ over d. on/ up
17. Those workers are in difficulty because wage increases cannot keep up _______ inflation.
a. with b. for c. over d. on
18. They argued _______ us _______ the problem last night, but we could not find _______ the solution.
a. with/ about/ out b. on/ for/ off c. upon/ with/ in d. to/ on/ up
19. Williams is working _______ an export company. He intends to apply _______ another job because he is not satisfied _______ the salary.
a. in/ on/ at b. for/ for/ with c. at/ out/ into d. from/ on/ for
20. Is Miss Wilson very fond _______ French food? - No, she is not used _______ having French food.
a. over/ with b. of/ to c. off/ for d. in/ about
21. Look _______! The tree is going to fall.
a. over b. off c. in d. out
22. I think we maybe run _______ natural resources some day.
a. in to b. up to c. out of d. away from
23. _______ whom do these English books belong?
a. From b. To c. For d. With
24. Thanks _______ the inventions _______ labor-saving devices, women have more free time to take part _______ social work.
a. through/ over/ for b. on/ from/ with
c. forward/ for/ from d. to/ of/ in
25. It is predicted that _______ computing technology will increase in value at _______ same time it will decrease in cost.
a. Ø/ the b. a/ the c. the/ a d. a/ Ø
26. _____ computers will continue to get smaller, faster and more affordable.
a. a b. an c. the d. Ø
27. ____ aspirin is recommended to many people as _____ good pain killer.
a. An/ the b. The/ Ø c. Ø/ a d. A/ the
28. Many people believe that _______ human beings will never used up all _______ natural resources on earth.
a. Ø/ the b. the/ a c. the/ Ø d. a/ the
29. Like other forms of _______ energy, natural gas may be used to heat homes, cook food, and even run _______ automobiles.
a. Ø/ the b. an/ the c. the/ an d. Ø/ Ø
30. I told Mom we would be _______ home in _______ hour or so.
a. the/ Ø b. a/ the c. Ø/ an d. the/ a
Choose the best sentence that can be made from the words given.
31. Just imagine/ human life/ be like/ 20 years.
a. Just imagine how human life will be like for 20 years.
b. Just imagine human life will be like in 20 years.
c. Just imagine what human life will be like in 20 years.
d. Just imagine that human life will be like since 20 years.
32. I hope/ we/ able/ solve the problems/ over population and pollution.
a. I hope whether we are able to solve the problems, those are over population and pollution.
b. I hope if we will be able to solve the problems, which are over population and pollution.
c. I hope that we will be able to solve the problems of over population and pollution.
d. I hope when we will be able to solve the problem for over population and pollution.
33. Cancers and AIDS/ untreatable/ now/ be cured successfully.
a. Cancers and AIDS, which are untreatable now, will be cured successfully.
b. Cancers and AIDS, they are untreatable now, will be cured successfully.
c. Cancers and AIDS, that are untreatable now, will be cured successfully.
d. Cancers and AIDS, which are untreatable now, they will be cured successfully
34. All schools/ on earth/ equipped/ computers and the Internet.
a. All schools on earth will be equipped with computers and the Internet.
b. All schools on earth to be equipped with computers and the Internet.
c. All schools on earth will be equipped by computers and the Internet.
d. All schools on earth to be equipped by computers and the Internet.
35. no places/ people/ suffer/ the lack of food and accommodation.
a. In no places, where people have to suffer the lack of food and accommodation.
b. There will be no places where people have to suffer the lack of food and accommodation.
c. As there are no places, people will suffer the lack of food and accommodation.
d. They are no places that people will have to suffer the lack of food and accommodation.
Read the passage carefully and choose the correct answer.
In the future, maybe all cars that run on petrol will be replaced by solar cars, which have been around for a while, but with recent developments in solar car design and the measurement of photovoltaic cells becoming smaller, the dream of a truly efficient solar car is more reality than fantasy. A solar car is a vehicle powered by photovoltaic cells, also called solar cells, which convert sunlight (light energy) into electrical energy. As a source of energy on earth, there is nothing like the sun: in a mere one thousandth of one second (. 001), the sun emits enough energy to fulfill our planet's energy needs for the next 5,000 years. It is a staggering fact, and an exciting one. Since the energy from the sun is responsible for renewable resources such as wind, tides, and heat, solar energy seems to offer the brightest future for not only cars, but for the entire energy crisis. Despite the appearance that solar energy may be the least feasible among the current crop of alternative fuel propositions, new solar powered devices and more specifically solar powered cars are beginning to be developed. How do Solar. Cars work?
The photo-voltaic cells absorb photons from sunlight. This action generates heat, which the cells then convert into electrical energy and stores in an on-board battery. This process of conversion is called the photovoltaic effect. Not surprisingly, such a vehicle has zero emissions, and is very environmentally friendly. Unfortunately, at the moment photovoltaic cells are extremely inefficient, yet as time progresses the efficiency of these cells will grow. This will make solar energy and solar cars the fuel and car of the future-a closer reality.
36. According to the text, _______.
a. up to now, we have designed some solar cars
b. solar cars have been very. popular for many years
c. we have not produced any solar cars yet
d. solar cars are not as much appreciated as other kinds of car
37. A solar car is supplied power from _______.
a. gas b. petrol c. photovoltaic cells d. electricity
38. Which can not help us to solve the problem of energy crisis?
a. wind b. tide c. the sun d. heat from the moon
39. According to the text, _______
a. no powered solar devices have been developed so far
b. besides solar car, we have also developed solar powered device
c. solar energy plans are more feasible than wind energy plans
d. tide can supply more energy than the sun
40. The photovoltaic effect is _______.
a. the process of operating a solar car
b. the process of absorbing photons from the sun
c. the developing of solar cars and solar powered devices
d. the converting of heat from the sun into electricity
Fill in each numbered blank with one suitable word or phrase.
Market trends suggest that the demand for energy resources will (41) _____ dramatically over the next 25 years:
Global demand for all energy sources is (42) _____ to grow by 57% over the next 25 years.
U. S. demand for all types of energy is expected (43) _____ by 31% within 25 years.
By 2030, 56% of the world's energy use will be in Asia.
Electricity demand in the U. S. will grow by at (44) ____ 40% by 2032.
New power generation equal (45) _____ nearly 300 power plants will be needed to (46) _____ electricity demand by 2030.
Currently, 50% of U. S. electrical generation relies on coal, (47) _____ fossil fuel; while 85% of U. S. greenhouse gas (48) _____ result from energy-consuming activities supported by fossil fuels.
If energy prices also go (49) _____ dramatically due to increased demand and constrained supply, business impacts may include: Reduced profits due to high operating costs, Decline of sales of energy-using products, and Loss of (50) _____ in energy intensive businesses.
41. a. raise b. rise c. wipe d. soar
42. a. encouraged b. depended c. forecast d. broadcast
43. a. increase b. to increase c. increased d. increasing
44. a. last b. late c. less d. least
45. a. to b. at c. for d. of
46. a. see b. notice c. look d. meet
47. a. a b. an c. the d. Ø
48. a. inventions b. developments c. emissions d. evolutions
49. a. over b. off c. ahead d. up
50. a. compete b. competitive c. competitiveness d. competitively