Bài tập Tiếng Anh lớp 12 Unit 15 WOMEN IN SOCIETY có đáp án (3)
Bài tập tiếng Anh lớp 12 có đáp án
Việc chuyên cần ôn luyện bằng cách giải các bài tập bổ trợ Tiếng Anh lớp 12 Unit 15 WOMEN IN SOCIETY có đáp án, các em sẽ nắm và ghi nhớ lâu nội dung bài học. Hy vọng, BST sẽ là tư liệu hữu ích giúp các em ngày càng tiến bộ trong môn tiếng Anh.
Choose the word which is stressed differently from the rest.
1. a. deny b. legal c. women d. limit
2. a. human b. mother c. struggle d. belief
3. a. opportunity b. economic c. society d. intellectual
4. a. history b. natural c. pioneer d. business
5. a. advocate b. consider c. cultural d. period
Choose a, b, c, or d that best completes each unfinished sentence, substitutes the underlined part, or has a close meaning to the original one.
6. Western women are more ________ than Asian women.
a. depend b. dependent c. independent d. independently
7. In some communities a husband's ________ over his wife is absolute.
a. power b. powerful c. powerfully d. powered
8. I think that up to now there has not been a real ________ between men and women.
a. equal b. equally c. equality d. equalize
9. Most people consider it women's ________ to take care of children and do housework.
a. limit b. relationship c. responsibility d. respect
10. A ________ problem, feeling, or belief is difficult to change because its causes have been there for a long time.
a. deep-seated b. significant c. dependent d. intellectual
11. In our modern time, the _______ of women has shifted from homemaker to outside worker.
a. role b. period c. right d. pay
12. Cultural ________ are the commonly held norms and moral standards of a culture, the standards of right and wrong that set expectations for behavior.
a. facts b. changes c. diversities d. beliefs
13. Women are considered to be better suited for childbearing and homemaking rather than for involvement in the public life of business or politics.
a. education b. advocate c. participation d. recognition
14. Women's taking part in politics has got widespread objections from male statesmen in many parts of the world.
a. intensive b. extensive c. inside d. slight
15. Girls must all be sent to school because ________ will provide better opportunities.
a. education b. beliefs c. rights d. politics
16. In earlier times when the family depended on the hunter for food, woman's role, because she was gatherer, was secondary.
a. a b. an c. the d. Ø
17. Education is recognized as ________ essential need for achieving equality in most walks of life.
a. a b. an c. the d. Ø
18. It is estimated that about 640 women remain illiterate in ________ world, mostly in developing countries.
a. a b. an c. the d. Ø
19. It is generally accepted that in today's society women have access ________ education and can promote themselves much more easily than years ago.
a. to b. up c. on d. for
20. It took women a long time to struggle ________ the right to vote.
a. for b. with c. against d. upon
21. I think women are suited ________ many important things, besides childbearing and homemaking.
a. of b. on c. for d. about
22. Women are increasingly involved ________ the public life.
a. of b. in c. with d. from
23. If you have an old blanket, ________ it along so that we have something to sit on at the beach.
a. bring b. go c. put d. keep
24. Although the team was both mentally and physically exhausted, they ________ on walking.
a. stopped b. kept c. took d. put
25. Before the plane ________ off, the flight attendant told everyone to fasten their seat belts and put their chairs in an upright position.
a. woke b. brought c. kept d. took
26. Don't forget to ________ your gloves on. It is cold outside.
a. let b. make c. put d. fix
27. If you don't pay your rent, your landlord is going to kick you out!
a. lend you some money b. play football with you
c. give you a kick d. force you to leave
28. Yesterday I ran into Sam at the grocery store. I had not seen him for years.
a. met b. visited c. said goodbye to d. made friends with
29. Let's go over that report again before we submit it.
a. dictate b. print c. read carefully d. type
30. I will not stand for your bad attitude any longer.
a. like b. tolerate c. mean d. care
Choose A, B, C, or D to complete the following sentences.
31. Women still do the majority of the household chores, ________.
a. as their increased participation in the labor market
b. when they participate in the labor market increasingly
c. because they are increasingly participating in the labor market
d. despite their increased participation in the labor market
32. 70-80 percent amount of the total domestic work done by Vietnamese wives ________.
a. regardless of their social status
b. in case they get high social status
c. if they get higher and higher social status
d. that is the reason for their social status
33. Women spend nearly 3 hours a day on average on housework _______.
a. as much as shopping and childcare
b. together with they go shopping and childcare
c. excluding shopping and childcare
d. and they do shopping and childcare
34. Nowadays, ________ both single and married women do less housework than they used to twenty years ago.
a. the more labor-saving devices there are
b. labor-saving devices force
c. thanks to labor-saving devices
d. if there were labor-saving devices
35. In the U.S, women put in additional five hours a week in housework ________, while marriage does not significantly affect the number of hours men do.
a. once they are married b. since their marriage
c. as soon as their married d. if only they are married
Read the passage carefully and choose the correct answer.
It has been thought that women are the second class in citizen, and men are the first. There is not a real equality of opportunity for men and women. Years ago, people were living in a man-dominated society. Women had to obey their husbands and fathers absolutely. Women's place was in the kitchen and women's work was housework. In many places, women were not even' allowed to go to school. Women had no rights, even the right to choose husband for themselves. Men usually occupied high positions in society so they thought they were more intelligent than women. Men often considered women as their property. Sometimes, they were mistreated by their husbands and suffered the problem as a fate. Many parents did not even want to daughters.
Despite the progress, there remain outdated beliefs about women's roles, traditionally passed down from generation to generation. Men are commonly seen as the strong bodies, bread-winners in the family and key leaders in society, while women are restricted to being housewives and child bearing and care, and housework such as washing and cooking.
According to social surveys, many women in the 21st century still have to work over 12 hours a day including working in offices and doing countless household chores without any help from their husbands. In some regions, the labor of women is not recognized despite the hardships they endure to support the whole family. Moreover, women are the direct victims of family violence, especially in rural areas.
Thanks to the women's liberation movement, nowadays women have proved that they are equal to men in every aspect. An average woman has weaker muscles than an average man but she may be as intelligent as he is. Women can do everything that men can, and women can do one thing that no man can: they produce children.
36. Which is not women's role in the former days?
a. Working in authority b. Doing housework
c. Doing cooking d. Bearing and rearing children
37. Years ago, women are pot allowed ________.
a. to work in the kitchen b. to go to school
c. to do housework d. to stay at home with their parents
38. What did women have to suffer?
a. Good schooling b. Choosing a husband themselves
c. Enjoy their housework d. Illiteracy
39. The outdated 'beliefs about women's roles ________.
a. have been eradicated completely
b. disappeared soon after the women's liberation movement
c. still exist at present.
d. was forced to change after the women's liberation movement
40. According to the text, women in the 21st century ________.
a. do not have to do housework any more
b. are still the victims of family violence in some rural areas
c. get help from their husbands with all housework
d. spend less than 12 hours working outside the home and doing housework
Fill in each numbered blank with one suitable word or phrase.
Years ago, in their private family role, women quite often dominate the male members of the household. Women were quite (41) _____ to their families. However, the public role of women has changed (42) _____ since the beginning of World War II.
During the war, men were away from home to the battle. As a (43) ____, women were in complete control of the home. They found themselves doing double and sometimes triple (44) _____. They began to take over the work of their absent husbands and to work outside. They accounted for 73% of the industrial labor force. Women were forced by economic realities to work in the factories. The women who worked there were (45) _____ low wages, lived in crowded and small dormitories. (46) _____, they found themselves a place as active members of society. Women, although they were ruthlessly exploited, became the key to the country's success.
The feminist movement seems to have been (47) _____ important part in the demands (48) _____ women Equal Rights. The movement tends to have a way of changing men and women and their roles in society. It often redefines the role of women in society. Inventions, too, bring progress in society as (49) _____ as to the individual's life. In the late nineteenth century the invention of the typewriter gave women a new skill and a. job outside the home. The Suffragettes in the turn of the century has become a (50) _____ for most women to be engaged in equality.
41. a. fascinated b. worried c. dedicated d. interested
42. a. unfortunately b. approximately c. nearly d. dramatically