Bài tập unit 12 lớp 12 Water sports có đáp án
Bài tập Tiếng Anh lớp 12 Unit 12 Water sports có đáp án được VnDoc.com đăng tải dưới đây giúp các bạn chủ động ôn tập Tiếng Anh tại nhà, các bạn cũng có thể in ra và làm bài tập cho thuận tiện. Kèm với đáp án, các bạn có thể check lại và từ đó có hướng ôn tập tốt nhất để nâng cao khả năng Tiếng Anh của mình.
Trắc nghiệm tiếng Anh lớp 12 Unit 12 Water sports
Choose the word which has the underlined part pronounced differently from the rest.
1. a. sprint b. line c. divide d. ride
2. a. swimming b. post c. decision d. score
3. a. style b. penalty c. pretty d. typical
4. a. pool b. good c. look d. book
5. a. foul b. house c. amount d. adventurous
Choose a, b, c, or d that best completes each unfinished sentence, substitutes the underlined part, or has a close meaning to the original one.
6. Where can people play _______ water polo?
7. No _______ water polo player except _______ goalie can hold the ball with both hands.
a. a / the
b. the / Ø
c. the / a
d. Ø / the
8. The main task of a defender in a sport game is to _______ the opponents from scoring.
9. Many young men prefer scuba-diving because it is _______.
10. I _______ think that scuba diving is more of danger than adventure.
11. What kind of sport one chooses to play mostly depends _______ his preference and health.
12. Most referees often wears _______ black.
13. In water polo game, only the goalie can hold the ball _______ two hands.
14. If the score is tied at the end of regulation play, two _______ periods of three minutes each are played.
15. A water polo cap is used to ____ the players' heads and to identify them.
16. lf a defender _______ with a free throw, holds or sinks an attacker, he is excluded from the game for twenty seconds
17. Water polo is a team water game, with six field players and one goalie in each team. The winner of the game is the team that scores more _____.
18. As all field players are only allowed to touch the ball with one hand at a time, they must develop the ability to catch and _______ the ball with either hand.
19. _______ is the activity of swimming underwater using special breathing equipment.
a. Synchronized swimming
c. Water polo
d. Scuba diving
20. When the offense takes possession of the ball, the strategy is to _______ the ball down the field of play and to score a goal.
21. The referee signals with a whistle and by lowering his arm, and the player taking the penalty _______ must immediately throw the ball with an uninterrupted motion toward the goal.
22. Some of the students began to fall asleep _______ the lecture was boring and irrelevant.
b. due to
c. because of
d. on account of
23. Tommy joined the English Club _______ to increase his circle of friends.
a. because his desire
b. because of his desire
c. because of he desired
d. due to he desired..
24. _______, I do not consider this composition acceptable.
a. Because of so many errors
b. Because of there were so many errors
c. On account of there were so many errors
d. As so many errors
25. The prisoner was given a harsh sentence ______ the nature of his crime.
d. due to
26. The burglar _______.
a. has been disappeared with the cash
b. disappeared the cash
c. disappeared with the cash
d. was disappeared with the cash
27. Ellen _______ and sang her song.
a. nodded to the audience
b. nodded the audience
c. was nodding the audience
d. was nodded to the audience
28. Our teacher _______ to take the exam.
a. gave another chance each of us
b. was given each of us by another chance
c. gave each of us another chance
d. was given each of us another chance
29. If Charlie _______, he could have been injured.
a. had been run the street
b. had been run into the street
c. had run the street
d. had run into the street
30. The turtle _______ of Arizona.
a. may be lived a small area
b. may be lived in a small area
c. may live in a small area
d. may live a small area
Choose the best that can completes the following.
31. _______, consisting of swimmers performing a synchronized routine of elaborate and dramatic moves in the water, accompanied by music.
a. Synchronized swimming is a hybrid of swimming, gymnastics, and dance
b. Synchronized swimming which a water sport, a hybrid of swimming, gymnastics, and dance
c. Synchronized swimming, a hybrid of swimming, gymnastics, and dance
d. Synchronized swimming, it is a hybrid of swimming, gymnastics, and dance.
32. Synchronized swimming demands some water skills, and requires incredible strength, endurance, flexibility, grace, artistry and precise timing, _______.
a. while upside down underwater with exceptional breath control
b. because of exceptional breath control while upside down underwater
c. also exceptional breath control is required while upside down underwater
d. as well as exceptional breath control while upside down underwater
33. Developed in the early 1900s in Canada, synchronized swimming is a sport performed almost exclusively by women. _______.
a. As for its early form, sometimes it was called "water ballet"
b. In its early form, it was sometimes known as "water ballet"
c. Since its early form, sometimes it knew as "water ballet"
d. With its early form, "water ballet" was sometimes known
34. When performing routines, competitors will typically wear a nose-clip. _______, to reflect the type of music to which they are swimming.
a. The competitors who wear custom swimsuits and headpieces, usually elaborately decorated
b. They also wear custom swimsuits and headpieces, usually elaborately decorated
c. They also wear custom swimsuits and headpieces, which are usually elaborately decorating.
d. Usually elaborately decorated, the competitors also wear custom swimsuits and headpieces
35. In synchronized swimming, the costume and music are not judged directly, _______. Underwater speakers ensure that swimmers can hear the music at all times.
a. with factors into the overall performance and "artistic impression"
b. as a result they are factors into the overall performance and "artistic impression"
c. but they are factors into the overall performance and "artistic impression"
d. because they are factors into the overall performance as well as "artistic impression"
Read the passage carefully and choose the correct answer.
Recreational diving or sport diving is a type of diving that uses scuba equipment for the purpose of leisure and enjoyment. In some diving circles, the term "recreational diving" is used in contradistinction to "technical diving", a more demanding aspect of the sport which requires greater levels of training, experience and equipment.
Recreational scuba diving grew out of related activities such as snorkeling and underwater hunting. For a long time, recreational underwater excursions were limited by the amount of breath that could be held. However, the invention of the aqualung in 1943 by Jacques-Yves Cousteau and its development over subsequent years led to a revolution in recreational diving. However, for much of the 1950s and early1960s, recreational scuba diving was a sport limited to those who were able to afford or make their own kit, and prepared to undergo intensive training to use it. As the sport became more popular, manufacturers became aware of the potential market, and equipment began to appear that was easy to use, affordable and reliable. Continued advances in' SCUBA technology, such as buoyancy compensators, modern diving regulators, wet or dry suits, and dive computers, increased the safety, comfort and convenience of the gear encouraging more people to train and use it.
Until the early 1950s, navies and other organizations performing professional diving were the only providers of diver training, but only for their own personnel and only using their own types of equipment. There were no training courses available to civilians who bought the first scuba equipment. Professional instruction started in 1959 when the non-profit National Association of Underwater Instructors was formed.
Further developments in technology have reduced the cost of training and diving. Scuba-diving has become a popular leisure activity, and many diving locations have some form of dive shop presence that can offer air fills, equipment and training. In tropical and sub-tropical parts of the world, there is a large market in holiday divers, who train and dive while on holiday, but rarely dive close to home. Generally, recreational diving depths are limited to a maximum of between 30 and 40 meters (100 and 130 feet), beyond which a variety of safety issues make it unsafe to dive using recreation diving equipment and practices, and specialized training and equipment for technical diving are needed.
36. Recreational diving _______.
a. requires more equipment than technical diving ,
b. are taken up by many people for leisure and entertainment
c. needs no equipment
d. requires more experience than technical diving
37. Recreational underwater excursions used to be limited _______.
a. as underwater hunting was banned
b. because the necessary amount of breath was too expensive to afford
c. because divers could not take enough amount of breath with them
d. because the necessary amount of breath was too heavy to bring
38. According to the second paragraph, in the 1950s and early 1960s, recreational scuba diving was a sport limited because _______.
a. divers did not like to take part in any intensive training courses
b. there were not any intensive training courses for divers
c. there were not enough kit for many divers
d. kit and intensive training were too expensive for many people to afford
39. These following sentences are true EXCEPT _______.
a. In the early 1950s anyone who wanted to dive could be professionally trained.
b. In the early 1950s there were no training courses available to civilians who bought the first scuba equipment.
c. As recreational diving became more popular, manufacturers have made more and more diving equipment.
d. Advances in scuba technology encourage more and more people to train and use it.
40. Holiday divers _______.
a. do not like to dive in tropical and sub-tropical parts
b. can dive as deep as they like because of safety
c. are those who go away from home to dive
d. are limited in tropical and sub-tropical parts
Fill in each numbered blank with one suitable word or phrase.
Water polo is a rapidly growing sport in the United States and internationally as (41) ______. For anyone involved in playing or being a spectator, it is important to understand the rules of the game.
Each team (42) ______ of one goalie and six field players. Each field player plays both offense and defense, and the goalie is not allowed on the other half of the pool. There are many different arrangements of players in front of the goal. The (43) ______ of the players depends on the play that is being run, similar to basketball or hockey.
One important rule is that the ball can only be handled by one hand at a time. If a player (44) ______ the ball, which is the size of a volley ball, yellow and with rubber grip, with both hands, the referee calls a turnover and the possession of the ball goes to the opposing team.
The playing time, (45) ______ on the rules of play and the level of competition. Usually, men play four 7-minute quarters while women play four 6-minute quarters. Teams are usually allowed 2 time outs per game, but this may vary. (46) ______ consist of swimsuits for both men and women, as well as a cap on the head with plastic ear protectors and the player's number on both sides. Visiting teams wear lighter color caps, while home wears the darker color. In (47) ______, one point is given for each time the ball is thrown into the goal, and in some leagues there is a 2-point line several meters out of the goal. Each quarter begins with a (48) ______ in which the fastest members of each team race toward the ball, which is placed at the halfway point on the water by the referee.
Water polo is an (49) ______, challenging, and fun sport. It is full contact and its competitiveness cannot be underestimated. The game is great to watch and (50) ______ better to play. You may not imagine what goes on underwater that no one, especially not the referee, can see. Water polo is a growing sport for good reason, and it may soon be one of the leading sports for both men and women's athletics.
41. a. well b. too c. so d. also
42. a. contains b. includes c. consists d. involves
43. a. situation b. location c. position d. attention
44. a. fetches b. clutches c. shakes d. holds
45. a. takes b. depends c. interests d. attracts
46. a. Suits b. Dresses c. Costumes d. Uniforms
47. a. scoring b. marking c. getting d. penalizing
48. a. jog b. sprint c. walk d. run
49. a. excite b. excitement c. exciting d. excited
50. a. as b. even c. than d. more
Trên đây là toàn bộ nội dung của Bài tập Unit 12 SGK Tiếng Anh 12 Water sports có đáp án. Ngoài ra, bạn đọc có thể tham khảo thêm nhiều tài liệu ôn tập Tiếng Anh 12 chương trình mới cả năm khác như: Để học tốt Tiếng Anh lớp 12, Bài tập Tiếng Anh lớp 12 theo từng Unit trực tuyến, Đề thi học kì 1 lớp 12, Đề thi học kì 2 lớp 12,... được cập nhật liên tục trên VnDoc.com.
Mời quý thầy cô, các bậc phụ huynh tham gia nhóm Facebook: Tài liệu ôn tập lớp 12 để tham khảo chi tiết các tài liệu học tập lớp 12 các môn năm 2020 - 2021.