Bài tập Tiếng Anh lớp 11 Unit 8: Celebrations có đáp án
Bài tập Tiếng Anh lớp 11 Unit 8: Celebrations có đáp án
Bạn đang gặp khó khăn ttrong việc kìm tiếm tài liệu ôn tập Tiếng Anh lớp 11 Unit 8: Celebrations và bạn không biết làm sao để đạt được điểm số như mong muốn. Hãy tham khảo Bài tập Tiếng Anh lớp 11 Unit 8: Celebrations có đáp án sẽ giúp các bạn nhận ra các dạng bài tập khác nhau và cách giải của nó. Chúc các bạn làm tốt.
II. Fill in each blank of the sentences with one word from the box.
preparations decorate celebrate excited popular
wrapped represent influence traditional exchange
1. How do people ______ New Year in your country?
2. On the first days of Tet, people often visit relatives and friends to ______ New Year wishes.
3. Japanese usually ______ their houses with some small pine trees, which ______ constancy and longevity.
4. People believe that what they do on the first day of the year will ______ their luck during the whole year.
5. People usually make ______ for Tet severals weeks beforehand.
6. Tet is also the time for children to receive lucky money ______ in red envelopes.
7. Besides the ______ flowers for Tet such as peach flowers and apricot flowers, the kumquat trees are also ______ throughout the country.
8. Children are always ______ about the Tet holiday.
III. If appropriate, replace the underlined words or phrases with one or ones. If it's not possible or unlikely, write No after the sentence.
1. I answer most of the questions, but had to miss out some very difficult questions.
2. The female violinists in the orchestra outnumber the male violinists by about three to one.
3. Traffic is light in most of the city, but there is heavy traffic near the football stadium.
4. The issue discussed at the meeting was an extremely complicated issue.
5. If you're making a cup of coffee, could you make a cup of coffee for me?
6. If you're buying a newspaper from the shop, could you get a newspaper for me?
7. He used to work for a finance company, but he moved to an insurance company.
8. 'Was it these earrings you wanted?' 'No, the earrings on the left of those, please?'
9. Many people are happy about the new road being built, but' there are some angry people, too.
10. Dave is really good at taking photos of old buildings. There's an excellent photo of a local church in his office.
11. On one channel was a war film and on the other was a horror film, so I turned the TV off.
12. 'Are these your shoes?' 'No, the blue shoes are mine.'
13. There are a lot of gloves here. Are these your gloves?
14. The damage to the car was a problem, of course, but an easily solved problem.
15. 'I'll just clean my shoes before we go out. ' 'Can you do my shoes, too, please?'
IV. Complete these sentences with someone, something, anyone, anything, no one, nothing, everyone, everything.
1. We arranged the meeting, but _______ came.
2. Janet Jones is _______ I rarely see these days.
3. She valued friendship more than _______ in the world.
4. I always get to work before _______ else.
5. While you are making dinner, I'll get on with _______ else.
6. _______ has changed. Everything is the same as it was.
7. I hope _______ will be comfortable here. We try to make each guest feel at home.
8. We don't think there's _______ wrong with her reading ability,
9. Hardly _______ turn up to the meeting.
10. I am not going to the party because I've got _______ to wear.
11. I thought I heard _______ knocking at the door.
12. _______ calls her Maggie, but her real name's Margaret.
13. The earthquake destroyed _______ within a 25-mile radius.
14. There was complete silence in the room. _______ said _______.
15. Sarah was upset about _______ and refused to talk to _______
V. Find the mistakes in these sentences and correct them.
1. Has everyone seen Lucy recently? I haven't seen her every day.
2. He didn't want something to do with the arrangements for the party.
3. Normally I don't like wearing a scarf, but it was so cold I put it on,
4. I couldn't fit all the boxes in the car, so I have to leave ones behind and pick it up later.
5. If anyone calls, tell them I'm not at home.
6. There was hardly no one on the beach. It was almost deserted.
7. Sarah is invited to lots of parties and she goes to everyone.
8. Have everybody remembered to bring pen and notebook?
9. If anybody wants a ticket for the concert, he can get it from my office.
10. The material felt softer than everything she had ever touched before.
VI. Complete the sentences with the correct form or tense of the verbs in brackets.
1. I have been trying to sell my car for ages, but nobody _______ (want) to buy it.
2. 'The office staff _______ (claim) that they have been treated badly by management.
3. At present, the Managing Director, together with his heads of depart-ment, _______ (prepare) a new budget.
4. It's a really quiet at night. Everything ______ (shut) at around 10 o'clock.
5. Every letter and parcel _______ (carefully/ check) before posting to make sure it has the correct address.
6. A number of refugees _______ (turn) back at the border recently.
7. The number of books in the library _______ (rise) to over five million
8. All the furniture _______ (destroy) in the fire two10 days ago
9. Practically everyone _______ (think) that Phil should be given the job.
10. One of the reasons I took the job _______ (be) that I could work from home
11. If anybody _______ (want) to leave early, they can.
12. Either the president or his representatives _______ (be) to attend the meeting.
13. It's the first time either of us _______ (be) to China, but everyone we've met here (be) very welcoming and helpful.
14. A couple of my friends _______ (go) to Honolulu next week,
15. Someone _______ (forget) their umbrella.
VII. Which is correct?
1. On my last visit to Wixton I found that the village didn't change/ hadn't changed much.
2. The smoke alarm went off when he lit/ was lighting a cigarette underneath it.
3. My teacher didn't encourage to work/ me to work hard at school.
4. If Bob wasn't/ hadn't been so lazy, he would pass/ would have passed the exam easily.
5. If the doctor was called/ had been called earlier, Mary would still be/ would have been alive today.
6. If my grandfather is/ was still alive, he will be/ would be a hundred today.
7. While the children swam/ were swimming, their mother kept/ was keeping a watchful eye on them.
8. The accident seems to happen/ to have happened at around 1. 00 p. m. yesterday.
9. With a good 0telescope you can see the eagles feed/ feeding their chicks in the nest
10. I had Beth clean/ to clean her bedroom before I let her go/ going out to play.
11. The injury stopped him playing/ from playing tennis for 6 months,
12. The new students hope to include/ to be included in many of the school's social activities.
13. After I decided to have/ having a garage build/ built next to the house, I hired a carpenter to do/ for doing the work.
14. It'll be surprising unless Rachel passes/ if Rachel doesn't pass her piano exam.
15. None of the candidates applying/ applied was accepted,
VIII. Fill in each blank with an appropriate preposition.
1. Children usually are given 'lucky money' _______ Tet.
2. Banh Chung, which is made _______ sticky rice, is one of Tet's special foods.
3. The New Year is celebrated _______ night _______ January 1.
4. There are usually a lot of party _______ New Year's Eve.
5. Vietnamese people prepare _______ Tet several weeks beforehand.
6. We decorated our Christmas tree _______ a lot of colored and shiny little bells.
7. Many people go to the pagoda to pray _______ a happy year.
8. _______ the first days of Tet everyone tries to be nice and polite _______ others.
9. Lunar New Year usually falls sometime _______ 19 January and 20 February _______ the Western calendar.
10. Both children and adults take part _______ games and various forms of entertainment.
IX. Write sentence with the cues given.
1. Christmas Day/ celebrate/ Christians/ as/ day/ Jesus Christ/ bear//
2. midnight/ New Year's Eve/ it/ traditional/ people/ sing/ 'Auld Lang Syne'/ wish/ 'Happy New Year//
3. Children/ look/ Easter Sunday/ because/ they/ give/ chocolate Easter eggs//
4. Halloween/ children/ dress/ witches/ ghosts/ monsters/ go/ house/ house/ ask/ sweets or candy//
5. Thanksgiving/ celebrate/ US/ fourth Thursday/ November/ originally/ give thanks/ God/ harvest/ health//
6. Valentine's Day/ day/ people/ give/cards/ flowers/ small gifts/ person/ they/ love//
7. Tet/ time/ Vietnamese people/ celebrate/ beginning/ spring//
8. Children! especially/ happy/ Mooncake Festival/ as/ they/ have/ lots/ fun/ their lit lanterns/ night//