Bài Unit 2 lớp 11 Relationships
Trắc nghiệm Tiếng Anh Unit 2 lớp 11 Relationships
Bài tập tiếng Anh Unit 2 Relationships lớp 11 có đáp án dưới đây nằm trong bộ đề Để học tốt tiếng Anh lớp 11 theo từng Unit do VnDoc.com sưu tầm và đăng tải. Đề luyện tập tiếng Anh được biên tập bám sát nội dung bài 2 giúp các em củng cố kiến thức đã học hiệu quả.
Part I. PHONETICS
Exercise 1. Mark the letter A, B, C, or D to indicate the word whose underlined part differs from the other three in pronunciation in each of the following questions.
|1. A. amazing||B. charge||C. female||D. taste|
|2. A. break||B. breath||C. thread||D. tread|
|3. A. enough||B. plough||C. rough||D. tough|
|4. A. believes||B. dreams||C. girls||D. parents|
|5. A. kissed||B. laughed||C. looked||D. loved|
Đáp án: 1. B 2. A 3. B 4. D 5. D
Exercise 2. Mark the letter A, B, C, or D to indicate the word that differs from the other three in the position of the primary stress in each of the following questions.
|6. A. campaign||B. female||C. humour||D. partner|
|7. A. advice||B. contact||C. mature||D. maintain|
|8. A. favourite||B. recommend||C. understand||D. volunteer|
|9. A. argument||B. counsellor||C. reconcile||D. romantic|
|10. A. comfortable||B. preservative||C. relationship||D. significant|
Đáp án: 6. A 7. B 8. A 9. D 10. A
Part II. VOCABULARY
Exercise 3. Mark the letter A, B, C or D to indicate the word(s) CLOSEST in meaning to the underlined word(s) in each of the following questions.
11. I was shocked to find out my boyfriend had cheated on me.
12. He was furious with himself for letting things get out of control.
13. Mary and John have a lot in common.
A. live together
B. spend lots of time together
C. share similar ideas
D. share accommodation
14. She felt unsafe and insecure in love.
15. I am now reconciled with two of my estranged siblings - not just my older brother, but my sister, whom I hadn't spoken to for 17 years.
16. When couples encounter problems or issues, they may wonder when it is appropriate to visit a marriage counsellor.
17. He doesn't completely trust online partners, as they usually hide their real identity.
18. Sometimes, in order to get things done, you have to take the initiative.
A. make the last decision
B. make important changes
C. raise the first idea
D. sacrifice for others
19. From the moment they met, he was completely attracted by her.
20. She was so happy when he got down on bended knee and popped the question.
A. asked her out
B. asked her to be on a date
C. asked her to give him some money
D. asked her to marry him
21. Gary didn't always see eye to eye with his father, and this is where the honestyshows through.
A. agree with
B. be truthful with
C. look up to D. take after
22. Some parents strongly oppose their children's romantic relationship.
Đáp án: 11. C 12. A 13. C 14. A 15. B 16. A
- D 18. C 19. B 20. D 21. A 22. B
Exercise 4. Mark the letter A, B, C, or D to indicate the word(s) OPPOSITE in meaning to the underlined word(s) in each of the following questions.
23. I was really depressed about his winning the election, like a lot of people.
A. fed up
24. Miss Walker was a mature lady when she married.
25. Students are advised to tune out distractions and focus on study.
26. Don't confess your love to your friends unless you know they feel the same way.
27. Among friends again, we may be happy to confide our innermost secrets.
28. Most of us, even with every communication option possible, drift apart from friends.
A. be independent
B. be associated
C. be isolated
D. be separated
29. Then the strangest thing happens - Will and Marcus strike up an unusualfriendship.
A. cover up
B. give up
C. make up
30. He'll give Joe a red rose and a lovey-dovey poem he wrote.
31. Feel free to bring along your significant other to the party.
32. I look up to my father for my whole life.
A. depend on
33. He's a wonderful example of a kind-hearted person with good judgement.
34. The situation seemed hopeless and desperation filled them both with anger.
Đáp án: 23. C 24. B 25. D 26. B 27. B 28. B 29. B 30. C 31. B 32. C 33. A 34. C
Exercise 5. Mark the letter A, B, C, or D to indicate the correct answer to each of the following questions.
35. I don't know what to say to break the ____ with someone I've just met at the party.
36. Their close friendship ____ a romantic relationship.
A. brings about
B. puts up
C. takes over
D. turns into
37. It's time I ____ and raised a family.
A. carried on
B. grew up
C. settled down
D. worked out
38. They fell ____ because they disagreed on the care of their young son.
39. All the three boys seem to fall ____ over heels in love with her.
40. She says she has kissed and ____ up with Nigel, and the reunion was a fun night.
41. Due to financial conflict over years, they decided to get ____.
42. Many husbands and wives can't remember why they ever got ____ in the first place because they no longer have anything in common.
43. We started ____ out together before we realised we were in love.
44. Parents are always willing to lend a sympathetic ____ to their children when they have problems.
45. I have a ____ on a classmate who is very near and dear to me.
46. Jane arranged for me to go on a/an ____ date with a guy from her office.
47. ____ dating involves couples going out together. It gives you the chance to see how your date interacts with other people.
48. If you are lucky, it will be love at first ____.
49. When you start dating somebody regularly, we say that you are ____ somebody.
50. His youngest daughter was the ____ of his eye.
Đáp án: 35. B 36. D 37. C 38. C 39. A 40. C
41. A 42. C 43. C 44. B 45. A 46. A 47. B 48. C 49. C 50. A
Part III. GRAMMAR
Exercise 6. Mark the letter A, B, C, or D to indicate the correct answer to each of the following questions.
61. She looked ____ around for a weapon.
62. Nicole grew ____ from the hours of overtime at work. It became quite ____ that she needed a long vacation.
63. The young girl sing ____.
A. amazing good
B. amazing well
C. amazingly good
D. amazingly well
64. She said she would become a ____ singer ____.
65. The skies became ____ as the moon moved between the Earth and the Sun.
A. surprising dark
B. surprising darkly
C. surprisingly dark
D. surprisingly darkly
66. Although my best friend now lives in Da Nang, we still try to keep in touch ____ each other.
C. up to
67. They said it was a great chance to form new friendships and enjoy each other's ____.
68. Terry has been carrying a torch for Liz for years, but she seems not ____.
A. been noticed
D. to notice
69. Many parents are worried that their children will get involved ____ a romantic relationship in their teenage years.
70. Some people are meant to fall in love ____ each other but not meant to be together.
71. Healthy relationships allow both partners to feel supported and connected but still feel ____.
72. Warmth, ____, and understanding should cost nothing in any country.
73. Talking to professional counsellors who are trained to help people to process feelings, can be most ____.
74. If you have feeling for someone, then you have worked up the ____ to ask them out.
61. C; 62. A; 63. D; 64. B; 65. C;
6. D; 67. D; 68. D; 69. B; 70. D;
71. D; 72. A; 73. A; 74. C;
Exercise 7: Reading comprehension on Online Dating and decide if the statements are true (T) or false (F).
It has long been seen as a less romantic way of meeting Mr Right. But finding love over the internet is a good way of meeting a marriage partner, research has showed. It found that one in five of those who have used dating sites to find their perfect partner have gone on to marry someone they met over the web.
The study, by consumer group Which?, also revealed that more than half of the 1,504 people questioned had been on a date with someone they met in cyberspace. Sixty-two per cent agreed that it was easier to meet someone on a dating site than in other ways, such as in a pub or club, or through friends. At the same time, the under 35s were more likely to know someone who had been on a date or had a long-term relationship with someone they met through online dating.
Jess Ross, editor of which.co.uk, said: 'Online dating is revolutionising the way people meet each other. Switching the computer on could be the first step to success!
According to industry surveys, more than 22 million people visited dating websites in 2007, and more than two million Britons are signed up to singles sites.
Of the 147 couples who took part in the study, 61 per cent said their relationships had high levels of these three components. The researchers also found that men were more likely to find true love on the internet than women.
Dr Jeff Gavin, who led the team, said: “To date, there has been no systematic study of love in the context of relationships formed via online dating sites. “But with the popularity of online dating, it is imperative we understand the factors that influence satisfaction in relationships formed in this way."
Charlotte Harper, of Match.com, said: 'We were thrilled to find so many of our former members have found love. 'It supports our belief that the internet does in fact encourage old-fashioned courtship.
1. Online dating is seen as modern romance.
2. Research has shown that online dating is not a good way of meeting people.
3. Most people who took part in the survey said it is easier to meet people online than elsewhere.
4. Jess Ross thinks online dating is changing the way people meet each other.
5. Less than 20 million people visited dating websites in 2007.
6. Women are more likely to find their ideal partner online than men.
7. Many members of match.com have found love.
Exercise 8: Read the passage and choose the best option to answer the question
Many young people strive to be independent. That means you are able to take care of yourself, and you don't have to rely on anyone else. However, to live independently, you need a number of life skills in order not to depend on your parents and older brothers or sisters. One of the most important skills is time management which can help you build your confidence and self-esteem. With good time management skills, you can perform your daily tasks, including your responsibilities at school and at home with pleasing results. Moreover, you will not feel stressed when exam dates are approaching. These skills can also help you act more independently and responsibly, get better grades at school and have more time for your family and friends.
Developing time-management skills is not as challenging as you may think. Firstly, make a plan for things you need to do, including appointments and deadlines. Using a diary or apps on mobile devices will remind you of what you need to accomplish and when you need to accomplish it. Secondly, prioritize your activities. You need to decide which tasks are the most urgent and important and then, concentrate on these first. This way, you may not be at a loss to deal with too much work at the same time. Thirdly, develop routines because routines, when established, take less time for you to do your tasks.
Time management skills are not hard to develop; once you master them, you will find out that they are great keys to success and you can become independent.
1. What is the main idea of the passage?
A. Young people need a lot of life skills to be independent.
B. Teenagers can have more confidence and self-esteem if they have good time-management skills.
C. Mastering time-management skills can bring many benefits and there are three steps to develop them.
2. Which of the following is not mentioned as benefits of good time-management?
A. Be more confident and self-esteemed.
B. Complete the daily tasks with the best result.
C. Get better grades at school and have more time for other activities.
3. How can you prioritize your activities?
A. Make schedule for things you need to do.
B. Concentrate on the most urgent and important tasks first.
C. Try to establish routines.
4. What does the word accomplish mean?
A. Complete B. Involve C. Duty
5. What is the author's viewpoint on developing time-management skills?
A. It's hard but you can master it well.
B. It's very challenging to build.
C. It's easier to master than people think.
Exercise 9: Read the following passage and mark the letter A, B, C, or D to indicate the correct word or phrase that best fits each of the numbered blanks.
In a healthy relationship, both partners respect, trust and embrace (1) ____ differences. Both partners are able to communicate (2) ____ their needs and listen to their partner, and work to resolve conflict in a rational and (3) ____ way. But maintaining a healthy relationship (4) ____ for skills many young people are never taught. A lack of these skills, and (5) ____ up in a society that sometimes celebrates violence or in a community that experiences a high (6) ____ of violence, can lead to unhealthy and even violent relationships among youth.
Dating violence (7) ____ psychological or emotional violence, such as controlling behaviours or jealousy; physical violence, such as hitting or punching. More than 20 per cent of all adolescents report having experienced (8) ____ psychological or physical violence from an intimate partner - and underreporting remains a concern.
Adolescents, (9) ____ older adolescents, often have romantic relationships, which are long-term, serious, and intimate. Society has a responsibility to provide young people with the resources, skills, and space (10) ____ to safeguard their physical and emotional well being in these relationships. Youth-serving professionals, educators, and parents can help young people in need access services to (11) ____ dating abuse victimisation. Research also has shown that programmes intended to prevent dating violence can be (12) ____.
1. A. another's
B. each another's
C. each other's
D. one another's
2. A. effective
3. A. non-violent
4. A. asks
5. A. bringing
6. A. amount
7. A. comprises
8. A. both
9. A. especial
10. A. necessitating
11. A. address
12. A. succeed
Exercise 10: There is only one correct sentence among four sentences. Choose the correct one
1. A. A person’s true value does not lie in his appear, but in his achievements and contribution to the community.
B. A person’s true value not lie in his appears, but in his achievements and contributions to the community.
C. A person’s true value does not lie in his appearance, but in his achievements and contributions to the community.
D. A person’s true value does not lie in his appearing, but in his achievements and contributions to the community.
2. A. He really wants to engage his classmaates, but he doesn’t know how to do that.
B. He really wants to engage his classmates, but he doesn’t know how to do that.
C. He really wants to engage his classmates, but he doesn’t know how doing that.
D. He really wants to engage his classmates, but he doesn’t knoww how does that.
3. A. Young people feel more enthusiastic to talk in the opposite-sex relationships.
B. Young people feel more enthusiastic to talk of the opposite-sex relationships
C. Young people feel more enthusiastic to talk with the opposite-sex relationships
D. Young people feel more enthusiastic to talk about the opposite-sex relationships
4. A. Take the initiative and engage your class in friendly conversation.
B. Take the initiative and engage your classmates in friendly conversation.
C. Take the initiative and engage your classroom in friendly conversation.
D. Take the initiative and engage your classes in friendly conversation.
Exercise 11: Complete the following letter using the given words.
Dear Mr. Bill Weston,
I am writing to (1) _____ about your English courses which is advertised in ‘English Today?
I've just received the result of the IELTS exam, with an overall band score of 6.0. That wasn't a satisfying result because I need 7.0 in order to apply for a (2) _____ to study abroad. I was wondering how I can improve my English skills quickly when I saw your advertisement. I realized that my speaking and writing skills are not as good as listening and reading ones.
Could you please tell me if you have any advanced courses aiming at speaking or writing skill available? What (3) _____ does the course start and how much does it cost? I would be (4) _____
if you could send me more information about the course, including teacher's information and course duration.
Thank you very much for your time.
I look forward to (5) _____ from you.
Dear Mr. Bill Weston,
I am writing to (1) ___ enquire __ about your English courses which is advertised in ‘English Today?
I've just received the result of the IELTS exam, with an overall band score of 6.0. That wasn't a satisfying result because I need 7.0 in order to apply for a (2) ___ scholarship __ to study abroad. I was wondering how I can improve my English skills quickly when I saw your advertisement. I realized that my speaking and writing skills are not as good as listening and reading ones.
Could you please tell me if you have any advanced courses aiming at speaking or writing skill available? What (3) ___ date ___ does the course start and how much does it cost? I would be (4) ___ grateful ____
if you could send me more information about the course, including teacher's information and course duration.
Thank you very much for your time.
I look forward to (5) ____ hearing ____ from you.
"Học đi đôi với hành" - một chân lý bất di bất dịch đối với người học tiếng Anh. Việc luyện tập tiếng Anh sau mỗi bài học lý thuyết giúp bạn đọc vận dụng kiến thức đã học vào bài tập thực hành hiệu quả đồng thời ghi nhớ kiến thức trọng tâm lâu hơn.
Với mong muốn giúp các em học sinh học tốt tiếng Anh lớp 11, VnDoc.com đã đăng tải rất nhiều tài liệu lý thuyết, bài tập tiếng Anh 11 theo từng Unit khác nhau. Bài tập tiếng Anh lớp 11 sách mới Unit 2 dưới đây gồm 140 câu trắc nghiệm tiếng Anh có đáp án giúp bạn đọc ôn tập lại kiến thức đã học về Ngữ âm (Phonetics), Vocabulary (Từ vựng), Ngữ pháp (Grammar), Kỹ năng nói (Speaking) và kỹ năng Viết (Writing) liên quan đến Unit 2: Relationships (Các mối quan hệ) hiệu quả.
Mời các em học sinh tham khảo lại tài liệu Từ vựng - Ngữ pháp tiếng Anh Unit 2 tại:
- Từ vựng tiếng Anh lớp 11 mới Unit 2 Relationships
- Trắc nghiệm từ vựng Unit 2 lớp 11: Relationships MỚI
Trên đây là Đề ôn tập tiếng Anh 11 Unit 2 sách mới kèm đáp án. Mời thầy cô tham khảo thêm nhiều tài liệu ôn tập Tiếng Anh lớp 11 cả năm khác như: Để học tốt Tiếng Anh lớp 11, Bài tập Tiếng Anh lớp 11 theo từng Unit trực tuyến, Đề thi học kì 1 lớp 11, Đề thi học kì 2 lớp 11,... được cập nhật liên tục trên VnDoc.com.
Mời quý thầy cô, các bậc phụ huynh tham gia nhóm Facebook: Tài liệu ôn tập Tiếng Anh lớp 11 để tham khảo chi tiết các tài liệu học tập lớp 11 các môn năm 2021 - 2022.