Đề thi học kỳ 1 môn Tiếng Anh lớp 11 năm 2016 - 2017 có đáp án
Đề thi học kì 1 môn Tiếng Anh lớp 11
Cùng tham khảo Đề thi học kỳ 1 môn Tiếng Anh lớp 11 có đáp án gồm các câu hỏi trắc nghiệm có đáp án. Đề thi học kì 1 lớp 11 này giúp cho các bạn học sinh lớp 11 có thêm tư liệu tham khảo sẽ giúp bạn định hướng kiến thức ôn tập và rèn luyện kỹ năng, tư duy làm bài thi đạt được kết quả cao nhất.
Đề thi học kỳ 1 môn tiếng Anh lớp 11 tỉnh Vĩnh Phúc năm học 2015 - 2016
Đề thi học kì 1 môn Tiếng Anh lớp 11 trung tâm GDTX Quảng Điền, Thừa Thiên Huế năm 2014 - 2015
Đề thi học kỳ 1 môn Tiếng Anh lớp 11 Thí điểm trường THPT Lương Ngọc Quyến, Thái Nguyên năm học 2015 - 2016
1. Which of the following words has a different vowel sound?
a. spread b. bread c. break d. breath
2. Which of the following words contains the sound /tf/?
a. mutual b. machine c. computer d. chemistry
3. Which of the following words has a different final sound?
a. glanced b. provided c. brushed d. looked
4. Which of the following words is stressed on the second syllable?
a. represent b. constancy c. participate d. literacy
5. Which of the following words is stressed on the first syllable?
a. traditional b. longevity c. similarity d. literacy
II. LANGUAGE FOCUS
A. Choose the word or phrase - a, b, c or d - that best completes the sentence.
6. I've got lots of ______ but only a few really good friends.
a. best friends b. neighbors c. acquaintances d. partners
7. The students in this class were made ______ very hard.
a. learn b. to learn c. learning d. having learnt
8. I prefer staying at work late ______ work home with me.
a. to take b. taking c. than take d. to taking
9. You are under no obligation to help as assistance is purely ______.
a. free b. voluntary c. charitable d. donated
10. Scientists ______ a carefully controlled experiment on the mystery virus.
a. turned over b. put up c. carried out d. set in
11. Let's go ahead and do it now. Nothing ______ by waiting.
a. accomplishes b. accomplished
c. has accomplished d. will be accomplished
12. No one is a better cook than your mother, ______?
a. is she b. isn't she c. are they d. aren't they
13. 'Did you enjoy the picnic?' 'It was okay, but I'd rather ______ to a movie.'
a. to go b. be going c. have gone d. went
14. I don't remember ______ of the decision to change the company policy on vacation. When was it decided?
a. telling b. being told c. to tell d. to be told
15. I couldn't find Jo at the party last night. If I ______ him, we'd have been happy.
a. meet b. met c. have met d. had met
16. She said she ______ that film several years before.
a. had seen b. has seen c. saw d. would see
17. The secret of getting good marks is to keep ______ in the exam room.
a. calm b. calmly c. calming d. calmed
18. ______ you change your mind, I won't be able to help you.
a. If only b. Because c. Unless d. Provided
19. Big cities like New York and Tokyo are ______ populated.
a. greatly b. densely c. closely d. variously
20. ______ in some developing countries may be the cause of poverty and hunger.
a. Modernization b. Literacy c. Pollution d. Overpopulation
21. ______ Christmas Eve, people often have parties late at midnight.
a. On b. In c. At d. For
22. A lot of things ______ to the house before we can move in.
a. need be doing b. need to be done c. need being done d. need to do
23. Had he learned the lesson well, he ______ more confident now.
a. would feel b. would have felt c. will feel d. will have felt
24. When I met John, he ______ from his university already.
a. graduated b. was graduating c. has graduated d. had graduated
25. He got an excellent grade in his examination ______ the fact that he had not worked particularly hard.
a. on account of b. because of c. in spite of d. Although
III. READING COMPREHENSION
A. Read the text below and then decide which answer - a, b, c or d – best fits each space.
In many countries in (31) ______ of industrialization, overcrowded cities present a (32) ______ problem. The (33) ______ of towns is mainly caused by the (34) ______ of large numbers of people from the rural areas. The (35) ______ long-term solution is to make (36) ______ in the rural areas more attractive, which would (37) ______ people to stay there. This could be achieved by providing (38) ______ for people to go and work in the villages. Moreover, (39) ______ in the rural areas, such as transportation, health and education services should be (40) ______.
31. a. progress b. process c. procedure d. proceeding
32. a. little b. basic c. major d. practical
33. a. population b. popularity c. underpopulation d. overpopulation
34. a. drift b. gust c. current d. shoal
35. a. barely b. only c. single d. one
36. a. sights b. surroundings c. atmosphere d. life
37. a. insist b. suggest c. encourage d. persuade
38. a. incentives b. rewards c. benefits d. investments
39. a. equipment b. facilities c. means d. appliances
40. a. invested b. increased c. impressed d. improved
B. Read the passage carefully, then choose the correct answer.
In an early survey conducted in 1888, a billion and a half people inhabited the earth. Now, the population is about six billion and is growing fast. Even though the rate of growth has begun to slow down, most people believe the population size may be eight billion during the next several years.
If we examine the amount of land available for this ever increasing population, we begin to see the problem. Not all land is useful to us because it cannot produce food. We can cut out about one fifth of it because it is covered by snow and ice. Then we can cut out another fifth because it is desert. Another fifth is mountains. The other fifth does not have enough soil for crops to grow because it is bare rock. Obviously, with so little land to support us, we should take great care not to reduce it any more or with the rapidly growing population we may sooner or later lack food to eat and place to live in.
41. What is the main topic of the passage?
a. The world's population and the shortage of cultivated land.
b. The growth of the world's population.
c. The necessity of reducing the rate of birth.
d. The shortage of cultivated land.
42. The world's population ______ at present.
a. has stopped growing b. is still growing
c. is decreasing rapidly d. stands at about eight billion
43. According to the passage, we ______.
a. can cultivate on all land. b. are not influenced by the land reduction
c. can grow crops on bare rock d. should protect land
44. Which of the following is closest in meaning to the word 'bare' in the second paragraph?
a. hard b. empty c. treeless d. rough
45. Which of the following sentences is not true according to the passage?
a. Most of the world's land are uncultivated.
b. The rapid growth of population may lead to a shortage of land.
c. Only one fifth of the world's land is being cultivated.
d. There has been a dramatic reduction of the birth rate.
A. Transformation sentences
46. The teacher made his students work hard for the exam.
The students ____________________________________________
47. It was a long time ago when I saw a movie.
I haven't _______________________________________________
48. Mary didn't wear the raincoat, so she got a cold.
If Mary _________________________________________________
B. Guided sentence writing
49. Some people/ believe/ happiest people/ world/ those/ bring/ happiness/ others//
50. He/ help/ his friend/ get good mark/ explain/ lessons/ carefully//