Đề thi giữa kì 2 lớp 8 môn tiếng Anh năm 2019 - 2020
Đề thi tiếng Anh lớp 8 giữa học kì 2
Đề kiểm tra giữa kì 2 lớp 8 môn tiếng Anh có đáp án dưới đây nằm trong bộ đề thi giữa kì 2 tiếng Anh lớp 8 năm 2019 - 2020 do VnDoc.com sưu tầm và đăng tải. Đề kiểm tra tiếng Anh lớp 8 giữa học kì 2 được biên tập bám sát nội dung SGK tiếng Anh Unit 7 - Unit 9 lớp 8 chương trình mới giúp các em ôn tập kiến thức trọng tâm hiệu quả.
Lưu ý: Nếu không tìm thấy nút Tải về bài viết này, bạn vui lòng kéo xuống cuối bài viết để tải về.
I. Choose the word which has a different stress pattern from the others.
|1. A. emergency||B. astrology||C. scientific||D. environment|
|2. A. survivor||B. property||C. resident||D. government|
|3. A. historic||B. iconic||C. spectacle||D. attraction|
|4. A. official||B. together||C. koala||D. popular|
|5. A. poisonous||B. pollutant||C. artistic||D. aquatic|
II. Choose the correct option A, B, C or D that best completes each sentence.
6. A person who __________ the bagpipes is called a piper.
7. Don’t drink that water. It’s __________.
8. The team’s success was largely __________ to her efforts.
9. I often drink coffee, but today I __________ tea.
A. am drinking
D. had drunk
10. By the time we got to the cinema, the film __________.
B. had started
11. All our English teachers are __________ speakers.
12. If you __________ the president, what would you do to help the environment?
B. had been
D. will be
13. Eating too much sugar can __________ to health problems.
14. Emergency teams are still removing the __________ from the plane crash.
15. The heavy rain has caused __________ in many parts of the country.
III. Put the words in brackets in the correct form to complete these sentences.
16. Yuri Gagarin was one of the pioneers of space _________. (explore)
17. Building a new road in this area could be environmentally ________. (damage)
18. Many animals were burnt to _______ in the forest fire. (die)
19. Buckingham Palace is a major tourist ________. (attract)
20. This hill is the ________ home of King Arthur. (legend)
IV. Complete the sentences with the correct form of the verbs in brackets.
21. If everyone spoke the same language, do you think life (be) _________ better?
22. I (never witness) ________ any natural disaster in my life.
23. The Kyoto protocol (sign) _______ in 2003.
24. The concert (begin) ________ at 7.30 p.m. and lasts two and a half hour. Don’t be late!
25. If I can arrange one week off work, I (travel) _______ to Korea.
V. Read the passage and choose the correct answer A, B, C or D for each of the gaps.
Australia is a country in the Southern Hemisphere (26)_____ comprises the mainland of the Australian continent, the island of Tasmania, and many smaller islands in the Indian and Pacific Oceans. Neighbouring countries (27)_____ Indonesia, East Timor, and Papua New Guinea to the north, the Solomon Islands, Vanuatu, New Caledonia to the northeast, and New Zealand to the southeast. Australia (28)______ six states and two major mainland territories.
The capital city of Australia is Canberra. With a population of over 380,000, it is Australia’s largest inland city and the eighth largest Australian city overall. The (29)_____ city in Australia and Oceania is Sydney, with a population of over 4,700,000. It is also the state capital of New South Wales, and is located on Australia’s southeast coast along the Tasman Sea. (30)_____ large cities are the mainland state capitals: Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, and Adelaide.
|26. A. who||B. where||C. which||D. whom|
|27. A. include||B. contain||C. have||D. make|
|28. A. has||B. takes||C. gets||D. does|
|29. A. large||B. larger||C. largest||D. more larger|
|30. A. Other||B. Others||C. Another||D. The others|
VI. Read the passage and decide if the following statements are True (F) or False (F).
Lotus flower has been regarded as Vietnam’s national flower. Lotus symbolizes the beauty, commitment, health, honor and knowledge. Lotus flowers grow from the muddy pond but their seed grow toward the direction of the sun light, which represent the purity of spirit. Lotus is said to be the symbol of summer as it often blossoms in summer time when there is a lot of bright sunlight. At night the flower closes and sinks underwater, at dawn it rises and opens again.
Lotus flowers are beautiful in both appearance and smell. The color of lotus flowers usually are pink, red, white, blue and purple, each color has different meaning but they all have pleasant smell and people simply love them at first sight.
Different part of lotus can be used for different purpose: the flowers are used for praying; the seeds are used for making lotus tea and medicine while the green leaves are used to wrap chicken rice- a very delicious dish. If you visit Viet Nam next time, remember to pay a visit to the lotus pond and you will definitely be amazed by its beauty.
31. Lotus is a symbol of the beauty, commitment, health, honor and knowledge. ______
32. Lotus often blossoms when there is no bright sunlight. ______
33. Lotus flowers are beautiful in both appearance and smell. ______
34. All colors of lotus have the same meaning. ______
35. Different parts of lotus can be used for different purposes. ______
VII. Rewrite the following sentences based on the given words so that it has the same meaning as the first one.
36. I’m not you, but I think you should recycle these plastic carrier bags. (If)
37. Emma came first because she worked hard. (result)
38. Eating too much sugar can result in health problems. (lead)
39. All flights had to be cancelled as a result of the pilots’ sudden strike. (so)
40. They invited me to travel to Los Angeles with them after I had planned my trip to England. (By the time)
|1 - C||2 - A||3 - C||4 - d||5 - A|
|6 - A||7 - C||8 - B||9 - A||10 - B|
|11 - A||12 - C||13 - B||14 - B||15 - B|
|16 - exploration||17 - damaging||18 - death||19 - attraction||20 - legendary|
|21 - would be||22 - have never |
|23 - was signed||24 - begins||25 - will travel|
|26 - B||27 - A||28 - A||29 - C||30 - A|
|31 - T||32 - F||33 - T||34 - F||35 - T|
36 - If I were you, I would recycle these plastic carrier bags.
37 - Emma came first as a result of her hard work.
38 - Eating too much sugar can lead to health problems.
39 - The pilots went on a sudden strike so all flights had to be cancelled.
40 - By the time they invited me to travel to Los Angeles with them, I had planned my trip to
Trên đây là Đề thi tiếng Anh giữa học kì 2 lớp 8 có đáp án. Mời bạn đọc tham khảo thêm nhiều tài liệu ôn tập tiếng Anh 8 cả năm khác như: Để học tốt Tiếng Anh lớp 8, Đề thi học kì 1 lớp 8, Đề thi học kì 2 lớp 8, Bài tập Tiếng Anh lớp 8 theo từng Unit trực tuyến, ... được cập nhật liên tục trên VnDoc.com.