Bài tập ở nhà tiếng Anh lớp 8 mới trong thời gian nghỉ dịch Corona (từ 24/02 - 29/02)
Bài tập ở nhà trong thời gian nghỉ Corona môn tiếng Anh 8
Đề ôn tập tiếng Anh lớp 8 trong thời gian nghỉ phòng chống dịch Corona có đáp án dưới đây nằm trong bộ tài liệu Bài tập tiếng Anh lớp 8 mới do VnDoc.com sưu tầm và đăng tải. Đề kiểm tra tiếng Anh lớp 8 có đáp án được biên tập bám sát nội dung SGK tiếng Anh lớp 8 của bộ Giáo dục & đào tạo giúp các em ôn tập kiến thức hiệu quả.
Lưu ý: Nếu không tìm thấy nút Tải về bài viết này, bạn vui lòng kéo xuống cuối bài viết để tải về.
I. Find the word marked A, B, C, or D with a different stress pattern from the others.
|1. A. coffee||B. trainee||C. trustee||D. payee|
|2. A. absentee||B. jubilee||C. devotee||D. nominee|
|3. A. Japanese||B. Vietnamese||C. Togolese||D. Senegalese|
|4. A. guarantee||B. referee||C. committee||D. divorcee|
|5. A. Maltese||B. Burmese||C. Chinese||D. Viennese|
II. Choose the best option A, B, C or D to complete each sentence.
6. Chicago ____________ the third largest city in the United States.
A. has been
B. will be
7. Chicago ____________ "The Windy City".
A. often calls
B. is often called
C. often is called
D. was called
8. Over three million people _________ in the two hundred and twenty-five mile area of Chicago.
A. will live
B. are living
C. is living
9. Today, some of the world's tallest and most famous skyscrapers ___________ in the city.
A. is found
C. are found
D. will be found
10. Located in the heart of the city ___________ the one hundred and ten story Sears Tower.
A. has been
C. will be
11. Trees have ___________ a meaningful role in the historic development of Canada.
12. Singapore is famous for its ___________ and green trees.
13. On Christmas Eve, most big cities, especially London are __________ with colored lights
across the streets and enormous Christmas trees.
14. In the United States there are 50 _________ and six different time zones across the country
15. The Maori _______ in New Zealand from other Polynesian islands over a thousand years ago.
A. has arrived
III. Put the words in brackets into the right forms to complete the sentences.
16. I like going to England to study English because I can practice English with ............
17. English is an ......... language in this country. (officially)
18. People in the south of my country speak the language with ......... accent. (differ)
19. Last summer holiday, my family went to Da Nang and Hoi An. We had a ......... time there. (wonder)
20. Why has she improved her English a lot? - Ah, she's just come back from an English ......... country. (speak)
IV. Complete the sentences with the appropriate present tense of the verbs in brackets.
21. Canada ____________ made up of 10 provinces and 3 territories. (be)
22. Australia ____________ a range of different landscapes, including urban areas, mountain ranges, deserts and rain forests. (have)
23. Annually, the National Eisteddfod festival of Wales ____________ place for eight days at the start of August. (take)
24. The Statue of Liberty ______________ over 12 million immigrants entering the USA through New York Harbor since 1900. (welcome)
25. Each of the 50 states _______________ an official state flower so far. (adopt)
V. Choose the option A, B, C or D that best fits the blank space in the following passage.
London’s Tower Bridge
London’s Tower Bridge is one of the most famous (26)_________ in the world. The bridge,
designed by the architect Horace Jones together with John Wolfe Barry, was finally completed in 1894. It (27)__________ 11,000 tons of steel to build the framework of the 265-meter-long bridge. Over time, the bridge has become one of London’s most famous symbols
(28)_________ photographs of the Tower Bridge is a favourite London tourist activity, but you can also go inside the bridge, where you’ll have a magnificent view over London from the walkway between the two bridge towers.
In 2014, glass floors (29)_______in the walkways, giving visitors another, unusual view from the
bridge. The long glass floors, more than 40 meters above the river, allow you to watch the traffic over the Tower Bridge from above. It is particularly (30)___________ to see the bridge open and close below your feet.
|26. A. bridge||B. bridges||C. tower||D. towers|
|27. A. brought||B. built||C. took||D. gave|
|28. A. To take||B. Take||C. Taking||D. To taking|
|29. A. were installed||B. installed||C. are installed||D. will be installed|
|30. A. fascinate||B. fascination||C. fascinated||D. fascinating|
VI. Read the passage and choose the option A, B, C or D that best answer the question.
Scotland: The Land of Legends
If we travel all over Scotland, we can see that it consists of three main parts: Lowlands, Uplands and Highlands with their Grampian Mountains, where the tallest mountain peak, Ben Nevis, is located.
You are sure to enjoy the beauty of the Scottish varied landscape: the hills covered with purple heather, its beautiful lakes (here they are called lochs), its green and narrow valleys.
The biggest and the most beautiful lake in Scotland is Loch Lomond, but the most famous one is Loch Ness with its mysterious monster Nessie. Nessie sometimes appears to scare the tourist but only in fine weather!
But what can be more curious and attractive for tourist than a man in the kilt, playing the bagpipes? The Celts of Scotland made the chequered pattern of tartan – the national dress of the country. The earliest Scots formed themselves into clans (family groups) and the tartan became a symbol of the sense of kinship.
There are about 300 different clans in Scotland, and each has its own colour and pattern of tartan together with the motto. Scotland is a land of many famous people: writer and poets, scientists and philosophers, such as Robert Burns, Arthur Conan Doyle, Alexander Graham Hell, or Alexander Fleming.
31. The tallest mountain peak, Ben Nevis, is located in ______________.
32. Scotland has beautiful landscape with all of the following except ___________.
A. the hills
B. the lakes
C. the valleys
D. the beaches
33. All of the following are true about Loch Ness except ___________.
A. it is the most famous lake in Scotland
B. it is the biggest and the most beautiful lake in Scotland
C. its mysterious monster Nessie makes the lake famous
D. Nessie sometimes appears to scare the tourists
34. In early times, each family groups was different from each other in __________.
A. its own colour and pattern of tartan together with the motto
B. the chequered pattern of tartan and the sense of kinship
C. its green and narrow valley where they lived
D. its area and population and beautiful landscape
35. The word “kinship” in paragraph 4 is closest in meaning to____________.
A. the family group and its symbol
B. the own colour and pattern of tartan
C. the relationship between clan members
D. the national dress of the country
VII. Rewrite these sentences using the given word in order not to change the meaning.
36. We have never been to Alaska before. (ever)
=> It's the first time ____________________________________
37. Tom plans to open another restaurant in Manchester next month. (is)
=> Tom is _____________________________________
38. The last time Phong visited Tasmania was five years ago. (not visited)
=> Phong _______________________________________________
39. The early train is scheduled to arrive in London at 10 o'clock. (arrives)
=> The early train ________________________________________
40. It is the most beautiful waterfall I have ever seen. (such)
=> I ____________________________________________________
|1 - A||2 -||3 - D||4 - C||5 - D||6 - C||7 - B|
|8 - B||9 - C||10 - B||11 - D||12 - A||13 - D||14 - A|
|15 - B||16 - native||17 - official||18 - differen||19 - wonderful||20 - speaking||21 - is|
|22 - has||23 - takes||24 - has welcomed||25 - has adopted||26 - B||27 - C||28 - C|
|29 - A||30 - D||31 - C||32 - D||33 - B||34 - A||35 - C|
36. It's the first time we have ever been to Alaska.
37. Tom is going to open another restaurant in Manchester next month.
Or: Tom is opening another restaurant in Manchester next month.
38. Phong hasn't visited Tasmania for five years.
39. The early train arrives in London at 10 o'clock.
40. I have never seen such a beautiful waterfall.
Trên đây là Bài ôn tập ở nhà môn tiếng Anh lớp 8 trong thời gian nghỉ Corona. Ngoài ra, VnDoc.com cập nhật rất nhiều tài liệu ôn tập tiếng Anh 8 mới khác nhau như: Để học tốt Tiếng Anh lớp 8, Đề thi học kì 1 lớp 8, Đề thi học kì 2 lớp 8, Bài tập Tiếng Anh lớp 8 theo từng Unit trực tuyến, ... mới nhất theo chương trình học của bộ Giáo dục & Đào tạo.