Đề thi vào lớp 10 môn Tiếng Anh (Chuyên) năm học 2016 - 2017 trường THPT Chuyên Nguyễn Huệ, Hà Nội (Lần 3)
Đề thi vào lớp 10 môn Tiếng Anh có đáp án
Trong bài viết này, VnDoc xin giới thiệu Đề thi vào lớp 10 môn Tiếng Anh (Chuyên) năm học 2016 - 2017 trường THPT Chuyên Nguyễn Huệ, Hà Nội (Lần 3) có kèm đáp án cụ thể giúp các em học sinh ôn thi hiệu quả. Sau đây mời các em cùng làm bài nhé!
TRƯỜNG THPT CHUYÊN
ĐỀ THI CHÍNH THỨC
ĐỀ KIỂM TRA KIẾN THỨC
VÀO LỚP 10 THPT CHUYÊN
Môn thi: TIẾNG ANH (CHUYÊN)
Ngày thi: 8 tháng 5 năm 2016
Thời gian làm bài: 120 phút
(Đề thi gồm 06 trang)
- Thí sinh điền đáp án vào khung kẻ trống trong đề.
- Thí sinh không được sử dụng bất kỳ loại tài liệu nào kể cả từ điển và điện thoại.
- Giám thị không giải thích gì thêm.
PART I: LISTENING - (Time for listening: 2'35 x 2 = 5'10) (15pts)
You are going to listen (TWICE) to a man talking about his trips. Listen and complete the tasks.
Questions 1-5: Decide whether these statements are True (T) or False (F). Write your answers in the box below.
1. The man often travels for his job as a rug seller.
2. The man is asked to give a talk about his trips in Europe and Africa.
3. The man is willing to answer questions at the end of his talk.
4. It often takes the man at least three months to prepare carefully for his trips.
5. The man only get information about the places he is going to visit on the Internet.
Questions 6-15: Complete the table. Write NO MORE THAN TWO WORD AND/OR A NUMBER for each answer. Write your answers into the box below.
|Countries visited||Interesting facts|
PART II: PRONUNCIATION, VOCABULARY & GRAMMAR (35 points)
Questions 16-17: Choose the word (A, B, C or D) whose underlined part is pronounced differently from that of the others. Write your answers into the box below.
16. A. advent B. invent C. decent D. percent
17. A. pursue B. hesitate C. comparison D. poster
18. A. ragged B. sacred C. dogged D. scared
Questions 18-20: Choose the word (A, B, C or D) that differs from the others in the position of the primary stress. Write your answers into the box below.
19. A. questionaire B. introduce C. recommend D. concentrate
20. A. continuous B. scandalous C. malicious D. delicious
Questions 21-30: Choose the best option (A, B, C or D) to complete each of the following sentences. Write your answers into the box below.
21. I'd like to make _______ for crashing your car. Let me pay for the repairs.
A. improments B. correctione C. amends D. adjustments
22. Thanks for lending me your umbrella; it really came in _______.
A. used B. handy C. handful D. needy
23. James never shows his emotions; no matter what happens, he always keeps a stiff upper _______.
A. mounth B. eye C. head D. lip
24. I got a new baseball _______ yesterday.
A. stick B. racket C. club D. bat
25. Eat your vegetables. They'll _______ you good.
A. do B. make C. get D. help
26. Don't drop your sweet wrapper on the floor, _______?
A. do you B. aren't you C. will you D. won't you
27. She may have missed the train, _______ she won't arrive for another hour.
A. at the case B. all the case C. just in case D. in which case
28. I should like to rent a house, modern, comfortable, and _______ in a quiet position.
A. most of all B. above all C. first of all D. after all
29. I was disappointed that the restaurant had _______ flowers on the table.
A. false B. untrue C. artificial D. forged
30. _______ write with your left hand when you broke your arm?
A. Did you have to B. Had you have to C. Needed you to D. Must you
Complete the sentences with the appropriate phrasal verbs from the box in their correct form. There are two extra ones that you do not need to use. Write your answers into the box below.
put through come by die down take over bear up get into
look on join in give away call for carry out drop off
31. I didn't think he would _______ so well in that situation.
32. Come and help me to carry the boxes! Don't just stand there _______!
33. I watched a horror film on TV last night, but I can't remember how it ended. I must have _______ before the end.
34. Tomorrow, we will be _______ an experiment to test this theory.
35. Just ask them if you can play and I'm sure they'll let you _______.
36. Do you think the wind has _______ enough for us to go sailing without any danger?
37. Environmentalists are _______ stricter controls on the use of leaded petrol.
38. The robber couldn't explain how he _______ such a large amount of money when the police caught him.
39. Did you hear about the millionaire who _______ his entire fortune to charity?
40. Who is going to _______ the family business when Arstha's father retires?
Questions 41-50: Complete the following passage by writing the correct form of the words given in brackets. Write your answers into the box below.
When it rains, it does not always pour. During a typical storm, a (41. COMPARE) _______ small amount of the lock-up moisture in each cloud reaches the ground as rain. So the idea that human intervention - a rain dance, perhaps - might encourage the sky to give up a little (42. ADD) _______ water has been around since prehistoric times. More recently, would-be rain makers have used a more direct procedure - that of throwing (43. VARY) _______ chemicals out of aero-planes in an effort to wring more rain from the clouds, a practice known as "cloud seeding".
Yet such techniques, which were first developed in the 1940s, are (44. NOTORIETY) _______ difficult to evaluate. It is hard to (45. CERTAIN) _______, for example, how much rain would have fallen anyway. So, despite much anecdotal evidence of the advantages of cloud seeding, which has led to its adoption in more than 40 countries around the world, as far as scientists are concerned, results are still (46. CONCLUSIVE) _______. That could be about to change. For the past three years (47. RESEARCH) _______ have been carrying out the most extensive and (48. RIGOUR) _______ evaluation to date of a revolutionary new technique that will substantially boost the volume of (49. RAIN) _______.
The preliminary (50. FIND) _______ of their experiments indicate that solid evidence of the technique's effectiveness is now within the scientists' grasp.