Đề thi vào lớp 10 môn Tiếng Anh (Điều kiện) năm học 2016 - 2017 trường THPT Chuyên Nguyễn Huệ, Hà Nội (Lần 2)
Đề thi vào lớp 10 môn Tiếng Anh (Điều kiện) năm 2016 có đáp án
Trong bài viết này, mời các em học sinh cùng quý thầy cô tham khảo Đề thi vào lớp 10 môn Tiếng Anh (Điều kiện) năm học 2016 - 2017 trường THPT Chuyên Nguyễn Huệ, Hà Nội (Lần 2) có kèm đáp án cụ thể. Sau đây mời các em học sinh cùng làm bài nhé!
TRƯỜNG THPT CHUYÊN
ĐỀ THI CHÍNH THỨC
ĐỀ KIỂM TRA KIẾN THỨC
VÀO LỚP 10 THPT CHUYÊN
Môn thi: TIẾNG ANH (ĐIỀU KIỆN)
Ngày thi: ___ tháng 4 năm 2016
Thời gian làm bài: 120 phút
(Đề thi gồm 06 trang)
- Thí sinh điền đáp án vào khung kẻ trống trong đề.
- Thí sinh không được sử dụng bất kỳ loại tài liệu nào kể cả từ điển và điện thoại.
- Giám thị không giải thích gì thêm.
PART ONE: PHONETICS – GRAMMAR & VOCABULARY (55 pts)
I. Questions 1-5: Choose the word whose underlined part is pronounced differently from that of the others by circling A, B, C or D and write your answers into the box below. (5.0 pts)
1. A. drive B. drink C. sky D. ride
2. A. laughed B. decided C. started D. invented
3. A. crash B. handbag C. dangerous D. sandwich
4. A. born B. robber C. politic D. orange
5. A. hour B. honorable C. honest D. history
II. Questions 6-25: Circle the best option (A, B, C or D) to complete each of the following sentences and write your answers into the box below. (20 pts)
6. All the boys are good at cooking, but ______ is as good as the girls.
A. either B. neither C. every D. none
7. Instead of ______ about the good news, Peter seemed to be indifferent.
A. exciting B. being excited C. to excite D. to be excited
8. She nearly lost her own life ______ attempting to save the child from drowning.
A. at B. with C. in D. for
9. She was happy ______ a few of her friends sent her birthday cards.
A. although B. because C. while D. so
10. Daisy wrote ______ report on the Vietnam war.
A. ten - page B. a ten - page C. ten pages D. ten - pages
11. He does not know how to ______ the central heating so the room is cold.
A. stop B. shut C. operate D. hold
12. The ______ man kept on looking at his watch while he was waiting for the bus to arrive.
A. impatient B. smart C. lonely D. quiet
13. Some journalists were waiting for the ______ singer.
A. sensible B. rich C. powerful D. famous
14. Smoking is an ______ habit.
A. illegal B. ordinary C. unhealthy D. admirable
15. What a ______!.
A. new small nice house B. nice small new house
C. new nice house, that is small D. new nice and small house
16. Don't forget to give Mr. Brown my message, _______?
A. do you B. are you C. shall you D. will you
17. He spends hours ______ the Internet every day.
A. surfing B. visiting C. clicking D. downloading
18. Horse-riding is ______ expensive ______ cycling.
A. more - than B. most - than C. as - than D. more - as
19. My teacher can write a beautiful poem in ______.
A. little than half an hour B. a little than half an hour
C. less than half an hour D. least than half an hour
20. Can you explain the difference ______ these two words?
A. from B. of C. to D. between
21. I regret ______ you the story. I really didn't know it would make you disappointed.
A. tell B. telling C. to tell D. told
22. I was made ______ hard when I was at high school.
A. studying B. studied C. to study D. study
23. We got on the plan and waited about ten minutes before it ______.
A. take off B. land C. took off D. landed
24. The ______ in some countries get allowance from the government.
A. unemployed B. unemployment C. unemploying D. unemploy
25. By the time we ______ there, I'm afraid they ______.
A. will get – will have left B. get – have left
C. will get – have left D. get – will have left
III. Questions 26-35: Use the correct form of the words in brackets to complete sentences and write your answers into the box below. (10 pts)
26. She has made a _______ decision to send her son the countryside with her parents. (SURPRISE)
27. He didn't give any _______ for his absence. (EXPLAIN)
28. The jacket didn't fit me very _______. (GOOD)
29. I wish you every _______ in your new job. (SUCCEED)
30. You look more _______ in your new dress. (BEAUTY)
31. We found the new fashion very _______. (COLOUR)
32. Few people can _______ without water for more than a week. (EXISTENCE)
33. Tourism has _______ agriculture as the nation's main industry. (REPLACEMENT)
34. _______, the best thing to do is to call them before you go. (PROBABLE)
35. People like love stories with happy _______. (END)
IV. Questions 36-45: Put the verbs in brackets into the correct form or tense and write your answers into the box below. (10 pts)
- It's time we (36-turn) _______ on the central heating. It (37- get) _______ colder every day.
- I hate (38 – read) _______ about sport, but I don't mind (39 – learn) _______ about music. What about (40 – have) _______ a music page.
- The computer is broken. It will have to (41-repair) _______.
- If she (42 - not have to) _______ walk home in the rain, she (43-not catch) _______ a terrible cold last Friday.
- The first Olympic Games (44 - take) _______ place at Olympic in Ancient Greece, nearly three thousand years ago. They (45-hold) _______ every hour years.
V. Questions 46-55: Fill each gap with a suitable preposition to complete each of the sentences. (10 pts)
46. Did the children account ________ 45% of the total population affected the tsunami.
47. You remind me of your uncle. We used to work ________ each other.
48. Take the bus, and get ________ in front of the library
49. We're always proud ________ your success.
50. Shall we go for a picnic tomorrow? It depends ________ the weather.
51. ________ heat from the sun, there would be no life on earth.
52. My mother is very keen ________ growing flowers.
53. We must wait ________ Friday for the final exam results.
54. What time did you arrive ________ the party?
55. It was careless ________ him not to lock the gate last night.
VI. Questions 56-65: Choose the words in the box to fill in each blank in the following passage. (10 pts) but like grow like from enough heat it in into.
Have you ever seen a greenhouse? Most greenhouses look (56) _______ a small glass house. Greenhouses are used to (57) _______ plants, especially in the winter. Greenhouses work by trapping (58) _______ from the sun. The glass panels of the greenhouse let in light but keep heat (59) _______ escaping. This causes the greenhouse to heat up, much like the inside of a car parked (60)_______ sunlight, and keeps the plants warm (61)_______ to live in the winter.
The Earth's atmosphere is all around us. It is the air that we breathe. Greenhouse gases in the atmosphere behave much (62)_______ the glass panels in a greenhouse. Sunlight enters the Earth's atmosphere, passing through the blanket of greenhouse gases. As (63)_______ reaches the Earth's surface, land, water, and biosphere absorb the sunlight's energy. Once absorbed, this energy is sent back (64)_______ the atmosphere. Some of the energy passes back into space, (65)_______ much of it remains trapped in the atmosphere by the greenhouse gases, causing our world to heat up.