Bài tập ôn hè tiếng Anh lớp 7
Bài tập ôn hè môn tiếng Anh lớp 7
Sau một kì nghỉ hè, các bạn khó mà giữ lại cho mình toàn bộ kiến thức trong năm qua, VnDoc.com xin giới thiệu đến các bạn Bài tập ôn hè môn tiếng Anh lớp 7 do VnDoc.com sưu tầm và đăng tải dưới đây sẽ giúp các bạn hệ thống lại kiến thức, chuẩn bị tốt nhất cho năm học tới.
I. Choose the word whose underlined part is pronounced differently from that of the others in each group.
1. A. wanted B. washed C. worked D. stopped
2. A. cycled B. stayed C. decided D. played
3. A. who B. when C. where D. what
4. A. watched B. danced C. walked D. bored
5. A. needed B. decided C. played D. wanted
6. A. provided B. started C. worked D. decided
7. A. closed B. played C. stopped D. stayed
8. A. whole B. why C. what D. when
9. A. called B. waited C. played D. loved
10. A. looked B. lived C. laughed D. watched
11. A. started B. decided C. worked D. waited
12. A. played B. closed C. filled D. needed
13. A. frightened B. amazed C. disappointed D. terrified
14. A. thread B. beam C. breath D. stead
15. A. naked B. booked C. worked D. walked
II. Choose the word whose underlined part is pronounced differently from that of the others in each group.
1. A. brainstorm
2. A. plane
3. A. vehicle
4. A. hey
5. A. happy
6. A. maps
7. A. pollution
8. A. healthy
9. A. those
10. A. walked
11. A. sound B. cloud C. found D. favourite
12. A. tool B. afternoon C. door D. school
13. A. played B. closed C. filled D. needed
14. A. mention B. question C. action D. education
15. A. frightened B. amazed C. disappointed D. terrified
16. A. thread B. beam C. breath D. stead
17. A. parade B. waste C. later D. gravy
18. A. populated B. loaded C. wanted D. lived
19. A. ahead B. bread C. pleasant D. seatbelt
20. A. energy B. flying C. chemistry D. technology.
21. A. naked B. cooked C. booked D. walked
22. A. ways B. days C. says D. stays
23. A. obey B. key C. grey D. survey
24. A. stayed B. washed C. filled D. annoyed
25. A. who B. when C. where D. what
26. A. embarrassed B. crowded C. excited D. divided
27. A. ahead B. instead C. seatbelt D. bread
28. A. left B. center C. enter D. frighten
29. A. wanted B. filled C. stayed D. played
30. A. washed B. needed C. danced D. matched
III. Choose the word whose main stressed syllable is placed differently from that of the others in each group.
1. A. silent B. noisy C. pretty D. polite
2. A. station B. season C. sandal D. police
3. A. agree B. hurry C. enter D. visit
4. A. describe B. fasten C. listen D. hover
5. A. degree B. student C. funny D. widen
6. A. traffic B. dancer C. cycling D. balloon
7. A. central B. gripping C. complete D. boring
8. A. answer B. listen C. enter D. obey
9. A. station B. healthy C. safety D. alone
10. A. tidy B. complete C. extend D. mistake
11. A. dangerous B. plentiful C. another D. limited
12. A. easily B. energy C. consumption D. negative
13. A. convenient B. abundant C. different D. expensive
14. A. petroleum B. advantage C. tendency D. enormous
15. A. attention B. pollution C. holiday D. effective
B. VOCABULARY & GRAMMAR
I. Choose the best answer to complete each of the following sentences.
1. Nam used to __________ morning exercise when he got up early.
A. did B. does C. doing D. do
2. My father __________ the bus to work every day, but I cycle.
A. catches B. drives C. goes D. runs
3. I go to school __________ bike.
A. by B. on C. in D. from
4. Traffic accidents can be prevented if people __________ the rules.
A. remember B. obey C. go after D. take care of
5. You should look right and left when you go __________ the road.
A. down B. across C. up D. along
6. Bus is the main public __________ in Viet Nam.
A. travel B. tricycle C. transport D. vehicle
7. The play was so boring. __________, Hoa saw it from beginning to end.
A. Therefore B. Despite C. However D. Although
8. She’s sure that they will find the film __________.
A. entertaining B. entertain C. entertainment D. entertained
9. __________ being frightened by the images, Lan still liked the film so much.
A. In spite B. Despite C. Although D. Nevertheless
10. __________ the story of the film was good, I didn’t like the acting.
A. Because B. Since C. As D. Although
11. The play was so boring. __________, An saw it from beginning to end.
A. Therefore B. Despite C. However D. Although
12. – “ Do you like seeing a film?” – “__________”
A. No, I don’t like it at all B. Sure. What film shall we see?
C. Who is in it? D. I’m sorry, I can’t.
13. __________ is La Tomatina celebrated? – Every August.
A. Where B. Why C. When D. Which
14. My father liked the __________ of that singer.
A. perform B. performer C. performance D. performing
15. __________ is not very far from here to the harbour.
A. There B. It C. This D. That
16. The boys __________ home for lunch because they are planning to visit the hydro power station.
A. have not come B. do not come
C. will not be coming D. is not coming
17. It is going to rain any minute now. The children __________ in the rain.
A. is being caught B. will be caught C. is caught D. are caught
18. They __________ a test tomorrow; we don’t want to disturb them.
A. will be having B. will have C. have D. had
19. They __________ that we have gone without telling them.
A. thought B. are thinking C. will be thinking D. think
20. The sun and the wind are other __________ sources of energy.
A. alternative B. renewable C. non-renewable D. Nuclear
21. We __________ solar panels in the schoolyard while you are checking cracks in the water pipes.
A. have put B. will be putting C. will put D. put
22. At 7.00 tomorrow, you __________ to school.
A. cycle B. will cycle C. will be cycling D. will be cycled
23. Solar energy __________ by many countries in the world in the future.
A. use B. will use C. will be using D. will be used
24. At this time tomorrow, I __________ an interview.
A. will be having B. will have C. had D. have
25. Coal is a __________ energy.
A. nuclear B. solar C. biogas D. natural
26. We should __________ low energy light bulbs.
A. use B. using C. used D. to use
27. The wind turns __________ to make electricity.
A. fans B. leaves C. turbines D. kites
28. We __________ an English test tomorrow.
A. will have B. have C. has D. had
29. Solar energy will __________ to solve the problem of energy shortage.
A. use B. be used C. used D. using
30. You should turn __________ the lights when leaving the rooms.
A. on B. off C. right D. left
II. Put the verbs in brackets into the correct form.
1. Nam often (play) ____________ soccer in the afternoon. plays
2. My father used to (go) ____________ swimming when he was a child. go
3. What about (go) ____________ to the zoo on Sunday evening? going
4. Tien Dung goalkeeper (live) ____________ Thanh Hoa city since 1997. has lived
5. I used to (go) ____________ to the zoo on Sundays when I was a child. go
6. Xuan Truong footballer (play) ____________ soccer beautifully last Saturday. played
7. Nam used to (go) ____________ fishing when he was a child. go
8. They (learn) ____________ English for five years. have learnt
9. How about (go) ____________ to the zoo on Sunday evening? going
10. Quang Hai footballer (play) ____________ soccer beautifully last Saturday. played
11. I (meet) ____________ her at the movie theater last night. met
12. He (go) ____________ to the English club every Sunday. But last Sunday he (not go) ____________ there, he went to the City’s museum. goes – didn’t go
13. Two years ago, she (teach) ____________ at a village school. taught
14. What ________ you (do) ________ yesterday morning? did you do
15. We (travel) ____________ to Hue next month. will travel
16. My mother (not like) ____________ riding a motorbike. doesn’t like
17. When my father was young, he (drink) ____________ a lot of beer. drank
18. Nam (study) ____________ homework in the living room now. is studying
19. Be careful! The car (come) ____________. is coming
20. My mother (go) ____________ to the supermarket yesterday evening. went
21. Nam (play) ____________ soccer tomorrow. will play
22. By 2020, people in Viet Nam (spend) ____________ a lot of money on heating. will be spending
23. What ________ we (do) ________ to save electricity, dad? We will watch less TV. will we do
24. At 10 o’clock tomorrow he (work) ____________ in his office. will be working
25. My father (visit) ____________ to Ha Long Bay next week. will visit
26. At 5 o’clock tomorrow Nam (play) ____________ football with his friends. will be playing
27. They (build) ____________ their house this time next week. will be building
28. At 8 a.m tomorrow, my sister (learn) ____________ English with her friends. will be learning
29. Ba (buy) ____________ a new house tomorrow. will buy
30. We (build) ____________ a hydro power station in this area next month. will build
I. Read the following text and decide which answer best fits each numbered blank.
When you are in Hong Kong, you can go about (1) __________ taxi, by bus, or by underground.
I myself prefer the underground (2) __________ it is fast, easy and cheap. There are (3) __________ buses and taxis in Singapore and one cannot drive along the road (4) __________ and without many stops, especially on the Monday morning. The underground is therefore usually quicker (5) __________ taxis or buses. If you do not know Singapore very well, it is difficult (6) __________ the bus you want. You can take a taxi, but it is (7) __________ expensive than the underground or a bus. On the underground, you find good maps that tell you the names of the stations and show you how to get to them, so that it is easy (8) __________ your way.
1. A. at B. in C. by
2. A. but B. because C. when
3. A. many B. a lot C. few
4. A. quick B. quickly C. quicker
5. A. so B. like C. than
6. A. to find B. find C. finding
7. A. less B. more C. most
8. A. to find B. find C. finding
II. Read the following text and decide which answer best fits each numbered blank.
Ewan McGregor was (1) __________ in Scotland in 1971. He decided to be an (2) __________ when he was only nine and he (3) __________ his first film in 1992. So far in his career he has appeared (4) __________ a lot of different types of films, including comedies, musical, dramas and the Star Wars movies. In his career Ewan has worked with like actresses Cameron Diaz and Nicole Kidman, and his films have won lots of awards. He loves acting and when he finished (5) __________ the musical, Moulin Rouge, he said, “I have never been happier to do anything in my life”.
1. A. bear B. born C. bearing D. to bear
2. A. acting B. actress C. actor D. action
3. A. made B. played C. worked D. starred
4. A. at B. on C. with D. in
5. A. to film B. filmed C. film D. filming
III. Read the following text and answer the questions by choosing the option A, B, C or D.
Yesterday, on the way home from school, I saw an accident. A boy was run over by a taxi when he was riding his bicycle. The boy’s leg was broken and it was bleeding badly. Someone there tried to stop the bleeding. They put pressure on it and held it tight. A man used his mobile phone to call the emergency service. Some minutes later, an ambulance arrived and sent the boy to the hospital. Two policemen came to the scene immediately. Some people told the police that the taxi was driving at a very high speed when the accident happened. Some others began talking about the traffic accidents these days and blamed the increasing number of accidents on the roads for careless driving and drunk drivers.
1. What did the writer see yesterday?
A. a fire B. an accident C. a fighting D. a crash
2. The accident happened between a taxi and __________.
A. a bus B. a car C. a bicycle D. a motorbike
3. The boy was sent to the hospital by __________.
A. a police B. a car C. an ambulance D. a passenger
4. What part of his body was hurt? – His __________.
A. arm B. leg C. head D. shoulder
5. How was the driver driving when the accident happened? – Very __________.
A. slowly B. fast C. carefully D. well
IV. Read the following text and answer the questions below.
Titanic is a romantic film, which was directed by James Cameron. However, it’s also about a disaster. It stars Leonardo DiCaprio and Kate Winslet.
The film is about the sinking of the ship Titanic on its first voyage. The main characters are Jack Dawson and Rose Dewitt Bukater. Jack saves Rose from killing herself during the journey on board the ship. Although they are from different social classes, and Rose is already engaged, they fall in love. The film has a sad ending: the Titanic sinks and more than a thousand people die in the disaster, including Jack.
Critics say it is a must-see. I agree because the story is moving and the acting is excellent. The special effects, visuals and music are also incredible.
1. What kind of film is Titanic?
It is a romantic film.
2. Who does Titanic star?
Leonardo DiCaprio and Kate Winslet
3. What is Titanic about?
The film is about the sinking of the ship Titanic on its first voyage.
4. How is the ending of Titanic?
The Titanic sinks.
5. What do critics say about Titanic?
Critics say it is a must-see.
V. Read the following text and answer the questions by choosing the option A, B, C or D.
In Britain, the climate is not very good. There are very few hot days and it rains a lot. Because of this, people spend a lot of time at home. Generally, British homes have a lot of furniture in them, carpets on the floors and heavy curtains.
Many houses in Britain are old. Many of them are over one hundred years old. Often, they do not have enough insulation and the heat goes out through the windows, the doors and up the chimney.
Because of the climate, people in Britain have to send a lot of money on heating. Many houses have special system called “central heating”. The heats all the rooms and, at the same time, heats the hot water. Houses without central heating often have gas, electric or coal fires. The rooms in most British houses are quite small.
New houses are much better. They have two layers of glass in the windows to stop the heat going out.
1. Why do British people spend a lot of time at home?
A. Because the climate is not very good.
B. Because they don’t know where to go
C. Because the climate is very good.
D. Because they want to stay at home
2. The heat goes out of the houses through __________.
A. the windows, the doors and up the chimney
B. the windows and up the chimney
C. the doors and up the chimney
D. the walls and up the chimney
3. Because of _________, people in Britain have to spend a lot of money on heating?
A. cold weather B. cool weather
C. hot weather D. bad weather
4. Houses without central heating often have__________.
A. only coal fires B. gas or coal fires
C. electric or coal fires D. gas, electric or coal fires.
5. New houses usually have__________ in the windows to stop the heat going out.
A. only layer of glass B. two layers of glass
C. three layers of glass D. two or three layers of glass
VI. Read the following text and decide which answer best fits each numbered blank.
Easter is an important Christian festival and holiday. It is (1) __________ to celebrate the resurrection of Jesus Christ. Easter is not a fixed holiday. Its (2) __________ varies between 22nd March and 25th April. People celebrate Easter (3) __________ the world.
In the UK, Easter is a public holiday. People (4) __________ Easter chocolate eggs to their friends and family. There are also egg hunts for kids. In the US, Easter is a (5) __________ holiday. People can go to church and have a special family meal. They also (6) __________ egg-hunts and give gifts of coloured eggs. In Russia, Easter is one of the (7) __________ important holidays. People celebrate it (8) __________ an Easter breakfast or meal. They also create very beautiful Easter eggs.
1. A. made B. held C. given D. opened
2. A. day B. date C. event D. month
3. A. through B. in C. all D. around
4. A. eat B. have C. give D. receive
5. A. nation B. local C. native D. national
6. A. organise B. play C. do D. try
7. A. more B. best C. most D. better
8. A. with B. by C. for D. in
VII. Read the following text and decide which answer best fits each numbered blank.
SAFETY TIPS FOR BUS PASSENGERS
Always maintain a queue while waiting (1) __________ a bus. Never stand on queue on the middle of the road.
At the time of boarding a bus do not try to run or chase the bus. Once you are inside the bus, (2) __________ a seat and hold firmly on the handrail if you are standing.
Never try to (3) __________ an overcrowded bus.
Avoid (4) __________ inside of a bus because your high-pitch noise may distract the attention of the driver and it could lead to a major (5) __________ accident.
1. A. for B. to C. on D. in
2. A. hold B. sit C. take D. find
3. A. choose B. go C. wait D. board
4. A. shout B. shouting C. to shout D. shouts
5. A. road B. way C. path D. street
VIII. Read the following text and answer the questions by choosing the option A, B, C or D.
Who are the best drivers? Which drivers are the safest on the roads? According to a recent survey, young and inexperienced drivers are the most likely to have an accident. Older drivers are more careful. Young men have the worst accident records of all. They often choose faster cars with bigger engines. One of the most interesting facts in the survey is that passengers have an effect on the driver. When young male drivers have their friends in the car, their driving become worse. When their wife or girlfriend is in the car, however, their driving is better. But opposite is true for women. Their driving is more dangerous when their husband or boyfriend is in the car.
1. According to the survey, who are the most likely to have an accident?
A. Young and experienced drivers. B. Old and inexperienced drivers.
C. Young and old drivers. D. Young and inexperienced drivers.
2. Young men often choose _______________.
A. expensive cars. B. fast cars with big engines.
C. slow cars with big engines. D. fast car with small engines.
3. Who have an effect on the driver?
A. passengers B. policemen C. children D. journalists.
4. When young male drivers have the wife of girlfriends in the car, their driving becomes _______________.
A. worse B. better C. slower D. faster
5. When their husband or boyfriend is in the car, women’s driving is _______________.
A. more careful B. better C. more dangerous D. faster
IX. Read the text and decide whether the following statements are True (T) or False (F).
Energy is fundament to human beings. Many poor people in developing countries do not have modern sources of energy like electricity or natural gas, with which their life can be improved.
People who live in mountainous areas have to gather wood for fuel. This takes a lot of time. For many people living in rural areas, biogas is the largest energy resource available. The main use of biogas is for cooking and heating, but it can also provide energy for public transport. As biogas is smoke-free, it helps the problem of indoor air pollution. Moreover, it is made from plant waste and animal manure. They cost almost nothing.
The tendency to use renewable energy sources in developing sources in developing countries is on the increase as non-renewable ones are running out. In the future, the wind and the sun will be uses as the most important environmentally friendly energy sources.
1. _____ Non-renewable sources are being used up.
2. _____ Many poor people in developing countries do not have little electricity.
3. _____ Biogas is a new source of energy available for poor people.
4. _____ Biogas creates a lot of smoke.
5. _____ The new energy source is not costly.
*Tải file để xem đáp án chi tiết*
Ngoài sưu tầm và đăng tải các học liệu cho chương trình tiếng Anh lớp 7, VnDoc.com còn biên soạn và đăng tải các môn học khác như Toán, Ngữ văn...lớp 7 với các đề cương học kỳ, các bài kiểm tra của các trường tiểu học trên cả nước cũng như từ các thầy cô có uy tín trong giảng dạy sẽ giúp các em củng cố và nâng cao hiệu quả học tập các môn. Chúc các em ôn tập tốt!