Đề thi chọn học sinh giỏi lớp 7 cấp huyện môn tiếng Anh năm học 2017-2018 (Đề 719)
Đề thi chọn học sinh giỏi lớp 7 môn tiếng Anh
VnDoc.com xin gửi đến các bạn Đề thi chọn học sinh giỏi lớp 7 cấp huyện môn tiếng Anh năm học 2017-2018 (Đề 719) được sưu tầm và đăng tải rất hữu ích cho các bạn chuẩn bị cho kì thi học sinh giỏi cũng như kì thi học kì 2 sắp tới. Mời các bạn vào tham khảo và thử sức.
KÌ THI KSCL CÁC ĐỘI TUYỂN HSG KHỐI 7 Năm học: 2017-2018
ĐỀ THI MÔN: TIẾNG ANH 7
(Thời gian 90 phút)
I. Choose the words that has the underline pronounced differently. (5 pts)
1. A. hurry
2. A. pub
3. A. fool
4. A. glass
5. A. things
II. Choose the word in the parentheses to complete the following sentences. (10 pts)
6. A prisoner________ this morning. (is hanged/ is hung/ was hanged/ was hung)
7. Scientists are doing their research work in the________. (museum/ office/ library/ laboratory)
8. The Browns have moved into a huge________. (two-storey house/ house of two storey/ two-storeys house/ house two storey)
9. In pain as a result of the fall, he________ slowly home. (stepped/ wound/ limped/ sped)
10. I think he’s unwell, he was complaining________ a headache this morning. (at/ of/ from/ against)
11. Each of the girls________ many books. (has/ have/ having/ to have)
12. I love this painting of an old man. He has such a beautiful________ smile. (childhood/ childish/ childless/ childlike)
13. I never wear yellow because It doesn’t________ me. (match/ fit/ like/ suit)
14. Always________ honest in whatever you do. (to be/ be/ being/ are)
15. If we use her house, we must pay the________. (fee/ fare/ rent/ tip)
III. Put the verbs in brackets in the correct tenses or forms. (10 pts)
a. We are used to (16. drive)________ on the left in England.
b. My family (17. be)________ to Ho Chi Minh city for several times.
c. By the time you got to the party, they (18. prepare)________ everything.
d. I hope she (19. be)________ pretty when she (20. grow)________ up
e. I wonder what (21. happen)________ there since we (22. leave)________ .
f. George (23. go)________ on holiday every two years.
g. When Queen Victoria (24. die)________ in 1901, she (25. reign)________ for over 60 years.
IV. Give the correct form of the words in brackets to complete the sentences. (10 pts)
a. A successful business needs good (26. organize)_________.
b. There have been many (27. wonder)______ developments in the field of (28. communicate)______.
c. No one can measure the (29. deep)________ of this river.
d. After the explosion, only two people were left (30. live)________.
e. The meeting finishes without a single (31. agree)________.
f. She always orders other people to do things. She is (32. boss)________ so I (33. like)________ her.
g. Since they lived (34. happy)________ they decided to put an end to their (35. marry)________.
V. Fill in each number space with an appropriate word. (10 pts)
Television is one of man’s most important (36)________ of communication. It brings (37)________, sounds from around the world (38)________ millions of homes. A person with a TV set can sit in (39)________ house and watch the president (40)________ a speech or visit a foreign country. He can see a war being fought and watch statesmen try to bring about peace. (41)________ television, home viewers can see and learn about people, places and things in faraway lands. TV even takes its viewers (42)________ of this world. It brings them coverage of America’s astronauts as astronauts explore outer (43)________. In addition to all these things, TV brings its viewers a steady stream of programs (44)________ are designed to entertain. In fact, TV provides many (45)________ entertainment programs than any other kinds.
VI. Read the passage and choose the best answers to the questions below. (10 pts)
After inventing dynamite, Swedish-born Alfred Nobel became a very rich man. Nobel preferred not to be remembered as the inventor of dynamite, so in 1895, just 2 weeks before his death, he created a fund to be used for awarding prizes to people who had made world while contributions to mankind. Originally there were five awards: literature, physics, chemistry, medicine and peace. Economics was awarded in 1968, just sixty seven years after the first award ceremony.
Nobel’s original legacy of nine million dollars was invested and the interest in this sum is used for awards which vary from $30,000 to $125,000.
Every year on Dec 10th, the anniversary of Nobel’s death, the awards are presented to the winners. No awards were presented from 1940 to 1942 at the beginning of the World War II. Some people have won two prizes but this is rare. Others have shared their prizes.
46. When did the first award ceremony take place?
47. In how many fields are prizes presented?
48. Why was the Nobel prize established?
A. to recognize world while contributions to humanity.
B. to honor the inventor of dynamite.
C. to spend money.
D. to prevent wars.
49. Which of the following is Not true?
A. Awards vary in monetary value.
B. Ceremonies are held on Dec 10th to commemorate Nobel’s invention.
C. No awards were given when the World War II began.
D. A few individuals have won two awards.
50. The word “legacy” can be replaced by_______?
A. invested sum
B. legal ground
C. interest rate
D. prize worth
VII. Complete the passage with the suitable words from the box. (10 pts)
services neighbors friends polluted advantages isolated hurry
which means environment
The country and the city have (51)_______ and disadvantages. People in the country live in more beautiful (52)_______. They enjoy peace and quiet, and can do their work at their own pace because no one is in a (53)_______. They live in larger, more comfortable houses, and their (54)_______ are more friendly, and ready to help them when they need it. Their life can be monotonous and they can be (55)_______, a long way from the nearest town, (56)_______ is a serious problem if they are ill or have to take children to school.
The city has all the (57)_______ the country lacks, but it also has a lot of disadvantages. Cities are often ugly and (58)_______; they not only have bad air but are also noisy. Everyone is always in a haste and this (59)_______ that people have no time to get to know each other and make (60)_______.
VIII. Fill in the blanks with the suitable prepositions. (5 pts)
61. Contact an organization Friends of the Earth_______ information.
62. You‘d better put pressure_______ the wound.
63. How can we make contact_______ you?
64. The ambulance will be there_______ about 10 minutes.
65. Ngo Si Lien Lane is_______ Quang Trung Street and Tran Hung Dao Street.
IX. Rewrite the sentences in such a way that its meaning remains unchanged. (10 pts)
66. My father used to play football when he was young. → My father doesn’t_______
67. What a shame you didn’t tell me earlier. → If only____________________
68. That’s an insulting name to use for him. → Don’t call_________________
69. She liked Paris very little and Rome less. → She thought Rome_______
70. I took little notice of the man standing at the gate. → I didn’t pay_______________
71. No, please don’t tell him. → I’d rather _________________
72. ”We should try that new place for dinner” said Bill. → Bill suggested____________
73. The worker only call off the strike after a new pay offer. → Only after________________
74. I can meet you if you arrive before eleven. → So__________________________
75. I don’t really like her, even though I admire her achievement. → Much______________________
__________THE END_________ Total:………../80
Mời các bạn vào luyện tập một số đề sau đây để chuẩn bị tốt nhất cho học kì 2 môn tiếng Anh đạt kết quả cao nhất: