Đề thi giữa học kì 2 lớp 12 môn tiếng Anh năm 2020 - 2021
Đề kiểm tra giữa học kì 2 môn tiếng Anh lớp 12 có đáp án
Kì thi học kỳ 2 là kì thi quan trọng đối với mỗi học sinh. Dưới đây là Đề thi giữa học kì 2 lớp 12 môn tiếng Anh năm học 2020 - 2021 có đáp án giúp các em kiểm tra lại kiến thức của mình và có thêm tài liệu chuẩn bị ôn tập cho kì thi sắp tới được tốt hơn.
Xem thêm: Đề thi Tiếng Anh lớp 12 giữa kì 2 năm 2021 - Đề 1 MỚI
Mark the letter A, B, C, or D on your answer sheet to indicate the word whose underlined part differs from the other three in pronunciation in each of the following questions.
1. A. combustion B. conservation C. purification D. pollution
2. A. mild B. mildew C. mile D. pile
Mark the letter A, B, C, or D on your answer sheet to indicate the word that differs from the other three in the position of primary stress in each of the following questions.
3. A. respiratory B. initiative C. eco-friendly D. renewable
4. A. initiative B. necessary C. discriminate D. authority
Mark the letter A, B, C, or D on your answer sheet to indicate the underlined part that needs correction in each of the following questions.
5. It was suggested that Pedro studies (A) the material more (B) thoroughly before attempting (C) to pass (D) the exam.
6. The customs (A) in his country (B) are more traditional (C) than that (D) in the United States.
7. Tom like to gossip about other people (A), so (B) he doesn’t like them (C) to gossip about him (D).
Mark the letter A, B, C, or D on your answer sheet to indicate the correct answer to each of the following questions.
8. It is stated that we are now in the first stages of a battle for the ___ of life on the earth.
9. These eggs come from free-range chickens ___ eat only organic grains.
10. ___ is what shaped our cities into what they are today.
11. If you don’t ___ this opportunity, you might not get another one.
12. I can’t stand ___people who are not tolerant of new ideas.
13. It is recommended that he ___ his course.
14. Traffic congestion has become a mojor issue, while schools and hospital are ___.
15. His father left New York. The doctor suggested he ___ there.
A. not stayed
B. won’t stay
C. not stay
D. not go to stay
16. Her ___ to medicine was so great that she had little time for anything else.
17. Bill Gate’s ___ in donating large sums of money towards welfare activities is remarkable.
18. At first, Microsoft had ___ hyphen in the name “Micro-soft”, combination of microcomputer and ___ software.
19. I first met her four years ago when we ___ at a middle school.
A. had been studying
B. are studying
C. have been studying
D. were studying
Mark the letter A, B, C, or D on your answer sheet to indicate the most suitable response to complete each of the following exchanges.
20. - "I wonder if I could possibly use your car for tonight?" - "________ . I'm not using it anyhow."
A. I don't care B. I don't know
C. Yes, indeed D. Sure, go ahead
21. Patient: “Can I make an appointment to see the doctor, please?” – Receptionist: “_____”
A. Not at the moment. He can’t be disturbed.
B. OK, you will need to check my diary.
C. OK, let me just check the diary.
D. Have a seat and I’ll be with you in an hour.
Mark the letter A, B, C, or D on your answer sheet to indicate the word(s) CLOSEST in meaning to the underlined word(s) in each of the following questions.
22. When you cross the street, be careful and be on the alert for the bus.
A. Look for
B. watch out for
C. search for
D. watch for
23. The teacher gave some suggestions on what could come out for the examination.
Mark the letter A, B, C, or D on your answer sheet to indicate the word(s) OPPOSITE in meaning to the underlined word(s) in each of the following questions.
24. In common with many mothers, she feels torn between her family and her work.
A. In association with
B. In imitation of
25. You should put yourself on the back for having achieved such a high score in the graduation exam.
A. criticize yourself
B. wear a backpack
C. praise yourself
D. check up your back
Mark the letter A, B, C, or D on your answer sheet to indicate the sentence that is closest in meaning to each of the following questions.
26. He can hardly see at all without glasses.
A. He can't see everything without glasses
B. He is practically blind without glasses.
C. He can see even if he doesn't wear glasses
D. He can see without glasses if he tries hard.
27. Richard shouldn’t have forgotten that yesterday was his wife’s birthday.
A. Richard’s wife forgot her own birthday.
B. Richard failed to remember the date of his wife’s birthday.
C. Richard had a birthday which his wife forgot.
D. Yesterday Richard remembered when his wife’s birthday was.
28. Although he was very tired, he agreed to help his child with his homework.
A. Despite of his tiredness, he was eager to help his child with his homework.
B. Tired as he was, he agreed to help his child with his homework.
C. Even if feeling very tired, he agreed to help his child with his homework.
D. He would have helped his child with his homework if he hadn't been tired.
Mark the letter A, B, C, or D on your answer sheet to indicate the sentence that best combines each pair of sentences in the following questions.
29. The new restaurant looks good. However, it seems to have few customers.
A. In order to get more business, the new restaurant should improve its appearance.
B. The new restaurant would have more customers if it looked better.
C. If it had a few more customers, the new restaurant would look better.
D. In spite of its appearance, the new restaurant does not appear to attract much business.
30. She gave in her notice. She planned to start her new job in January
A. She gave in her notice, plan to start her new job in January.
B. She gave in her notice with a view to starting her new job in January.
C. Her notice was given in with an aim to start her new job in January.
D. Her notice was given in in order for her to start her new job in January.
Read the following passage and mark the letter A, B, C, or D on your answer sheet to indicate the correct word or phrase that best fits each of the numbered blanks from 31 to 35.
Popular discussions of the future often focus on the way (31) ________ will affect our lives – cars that drive themselves, computerized (32) ________that think like humans and vacations on the moon. Some of these (33) ________may sound like absolute fantasy. However, if the developments of recent years are any indication, such predictions are probably not fancy at all. Only a few decades ago, most of us thought (34) ________shopping, computerized body parts and virtual reality games were science (35) ________. Now, these things are here.
31. A. technology B. economy C. politics D. mathematics
32. A. programs B. softwares C. robots D. pets
33. A. events B. facts C. opinions D. predictions
34. A. window B. electronic C. virtual D. actual
35. A. achievements B. developments C. fiction D. progress
Read the following passage and mark the letter A, B, C, or D on your answer sheet to indicate the correct answer to each of the questions from 36 to 42.
The advent of the Internet may be one of the most important technological developments in recent years. Never before have so many people had access to so many different sources of information. For all of the Internet’s advantages, however, people are currently becoming aware of some of its drawbacks and are looking for creative solutions. Among the current problems, which include a general lack of reliability and numerous security concerns, the most crucial is speed.
First of all, the Internet has grown very quickly. In 1990, only a few academics had ever heard of the Internet. In 1996, over 50 million people used it. Every year, the number of people with access to the Internet doubles. The rapid growth has been a problem. The computer systems which run the Internet have not been able to keep up with the demand. Also, sometimes a request for information must pass through many routing computers before the information can be obtained. A request for information made in Paris might have to go through computers in New York, Los Angeles and Tokyo in order to obtain the required information. Consequently, service is often slow and unpredictable. Service also tends to be worse when the Internet is busiest – during the business day of the Western Hemisphere - which is also when companies need its service the most.
Some people are trying to harness the power of networked computers in such a way to avoid this problem. In 1995, a group of American universities banded together to form what has come to be known as Internet II. Internet II is a smaller, more specialized, fewer users are allowed access. Consequently, the time required to receive information has decreased.
Businesses are beginning to explore a possible analogue to the Internet II. Many businesses are creating their own “Intranets”. These are systems that can only be used by the members of the same company. In theory, fewer users should translate into a faster system. Intranets are very useful for large national and international companies whose branches need to share information. Another benefit of an Intranet is an increased amount of security. Since only company employees have access to the information on the Intranet, their information is protected from competitors. While there is little doubt that the Internet will eventually be a fast, reliable service, industry and the academic community have taken their own steps toward making more practical global networks.
36. According to the author, what is one reason why the Internet is sometimes slow?
A. Phone lines are often too busy with phone calls and fax transmissions to handle Internet traffic.
B. Often a request must travel through many computers before it reaches its final destination.
C. Most people don’t have computers that are fast enough to take advantage of the Internet.
D. Scientists take up so much time on the Internet, thus slowing it down for everyone else.
37. The word “obtain” is closest in meaning to “_______”.
A. understand B. acquire C. distribute D. purchase
38. The word “harness” is closest in meaning to “_______”.
A. utilize B. disguise C. steal D. block
39. With which of the following conclusions would the author probably agree?
A. Fewer academic communities need to create their own internet systems.
B. The technology used by internet creators is too complex for computer owners to understand.
C. An Internet system with fewer users would be quicker.
D. Companies who develop their own intranets are limiting their information data base.
40. All of the following are advantages of business “Intranets” mentioned in the passage EXCEPT _______.
A. they provide a higher level of security
B. they share information with other company
C. Intranets are very useful for large national and international companies whose branches need to share information
D. they move data faster
Trong ngữ pháp tiếng Anh, Thì là sợi chỉ đỏ xuyên suốt môn học này. Bên cạnh đó việc ôn luyện lý thuyết và bài tập theo mảng cụ thể, ví dụ như câu điều kiện, word form, trọng âm, trắc nghiệm ngữ pháp tiếng Anh, trắc nghiệm...cũng rất hữu ích giúp các bạn nâng cao hiệu quả môn học.
Mời quý thầy cô, các bậc phụ huynh tham gia nhóm Facebook: Tài liệu ôn tập lớp 12 để tham khảo chi tiết các tài liệu học tập lớp 12 các môn năm 2020 - 2021.