Đề thi giữa kì 2 lớp 10 môn tiếng Anh năm 2020 - 2021
Đề thi tiếng Anh lớp 10 giữa học kì 2
Đề kiểm tra giữa kì 2 lớp 10 môn tiếng Anh có đáp án dưới đây nằm trong bộ đề thi giữa kì 2 tiếng Anh lớp 10 năm 2019 - 2020 do VnDoc.com sưu tầm và đăng tải. Đề kiểm tra tiếng Anh lớp 10 giữa học kì 2 được biên tập bám sát nội dung SGK tiếng Anh Unit 6 - Unit 8 lớp 10 chương trình mới giúp các em ôn tập kiến thức trọng tâm hiệu quả.
Lưu ý: Nếu không tìm thấy nút Tải về bài viết này, bạn vui lòng kéo xuống cuối bài viết để tải về.
Xem thêm: Đề thi Tiếng Anh lớp 10 giữa kì 2 năm 2021 - Đề 1 MỚI
I. Choose the word whose underlined part is pronounced differently from the others.
|1. A. passed||B. watched||C. played||D. washed|
|2. A. proud||B. about||C. around||D. would|
|3. A. market||B. depart||C. card||D. scare|
|4. A. entrance||B. paddy||C. bamboo||D. banyan|
|5. A. problem||B. love||C. box||D. hobby|
II. Choose the best answer from the four options given ( marked A, B, C, D) to complete each sentence.
6. My house __________- in 1986.
A. is built
B. was building
C. was built
D. has been built
7. The doctor ______ me not to stay up too late at night.
8. Tomorrow we'll go to Noi Bai Airport to meet Maryam, ___________ comes from Malaysia.
9. His house looks very large and beautiful. It is ________ house.
A. a seven-room
B. a seven-rooms
C. seven room
D. seven rooms
10. If you get up early, you _______ late.
B. wouldn't be
D. won't be
11. It's very hot today. I wish I ________ on the beach now.
D. had been
12. When he lived in the city, he ______to the theater twice a week.
A. uses to go
B. has gone
C. used to go
D. was going
13. My father asked us ___________too much time playing computer games.
A. not to spending
B. did not spend
C. not to spend
D. to not spend
14. Hoai can not remember the name of the restaurant _____ she ate her favorite roasted
15. If I were a flower, I____a sunflower.
C. will be
D. would be
16. Nobody went to the party, __________-?
A. does he
B. do they
C. didn't they
D. did they
17. It is nearly 3 months ______ he visited his parents.
18. _________ population is another unpleasant result we have to solve.
C. The increase
D. To increase
19. If we ________ enough time, we'll study this exercise more carefully.
A. will have
B. have C. had
20. What would you do, if you ______ a UFO?
C. would see
D. had seen
III. Identify the underlined word/ phrase (A or B, C, D) need correcting to become an exactone.
21. The picture (A) was painting (B) by (C) Michael last year (D).
22. There's (A) the woman (B) who she (C) sold me (D) the handbag.
23. Mr. Smith (A) is going to buy (B) a new Japanese (C) car, doesn't he (D)?
24. I met (A) a lot of interesting (B) people while (C )I was studying at (D) Ho Chi Minh City.
25. If (A) I were you (B) , I didn't (C) buy that expensive (D) car.
IV. Read the following passage, then choose the correct answer to questions.
I went to Australia on a student program last year and I like to (26) _______ you about it. I was very (27)_______ when I knew I was going to Australia because I had never been there before. I didn't think about the problems of speaking English (28)_______ I meet my host family. At first I couldn't communicate with them because my English was so bad. All the five years I had been learning English wasn't much used at all (29)_______ we didn't have real practice at school. Even though my grammar was good, my pronunciation wasn't. My problem is (30)_______ "l" and "r". For example, Australian people often asked "What do you eat in Vietnam?" I wanted to tell them that we eat rice, but they didn't understand when I said “We eat lice”...
|26. A. say||B. tell||C. talk||D. speak|
|27. A. exciting||B. excites||C. excited||D. excite|
|28. A. after||B. until||C. when||D. while|
|29. A. although||B. even||C. because||D. so|
|30. A. pronuncing||B. speaking||C. reading||D. telling|
V. Complete the second sentence so that it has a similar meaning to the first one.
31. People say that they bought this shop last year.
=> It is ____________________________________
32. "How much do you think it will cost?" he said to me.
=> He asked me __________________________
33. Mr.Brown's team has lost the game. He looks very sad.
=> Mr. Brown whose___________________________
34. Do you know the man who sat next to me at Nam‟s birthday party last night?
=> You know_______________________________
35. It takes Minh 2 hours to do his homework every day.
=> Minh spends____________________________
36. We were late for school because of the heavy rain.
=> Because it___________________________
37. My mother used to make us clean the house.
=> We used _________________________
38. "I'm working in a restaurant, and don't care much for it." she said
She said _____________________
39. It's two years since I last spoke to her.
40. Going swimming in the river in the summer is interesting.
VI. Read the passage, and choose the correct answer A, B, C or D for each question.
Why we believe in astrology
People believe in astrology because it offers many desirable things such as information and assurance about the future.
Astrology claims that nothing in life is coincidental and everything that occurs to us happens for a particular reason. Astrology can provide us some good answers as to why these things happen to us and it can also predict them in advance. In this way, astrology actually helps people to understand the world around them much better.
As practiced today, astrology can work quite well. Most of the people who visit astrologers or read their horoscopes regularly end up feeling happy and satisfied. This does not mean that the astrologers have accurately predicted the individuals’ future based on their horoscope dates, but it means that having a horoscope explained can be actually a very fulfilling experience.
People enjoy reading their horoscope forecasts and this often leads to changes in personalities, behaviors and decision-making processes. Astrology can be a real lifesaver because it lets you know of the future obstacles and problems in advance. It is up to you whether you want to believe the advice and precautions suggested in a horoscope reading and save yourself from the pain without doing much.
Astrology takes into account two major aspects - our birth potential and the effects of the planets and the stars on our personal horoscope. It can help us choose the right career and education path for us, in order to make a good and successful life.
Last but not least, we believe in astrology because it’s about us. My horoscope is like a blueprint of my life that got created precisely at the time I was born. That means that my birth chart is as unique as my fingerprints are. Each planet’s placement in my horoscope can reveal a lot about my personality and destiny.
41. Astrology claims that nothing in life is happening by chance because _________.
A. everything that occurs to us happens for no particular reason
B. life can provide us some good reasons why these things happen to us
C. it can help us predict our life in advance
D. people can understand the world around them much better
42. After visiting astrologers, people often feel and satisfied because ___________.
A. having a horoscope explained can be a satisfied experience
B. they have had their future predicted accurately based on their horoscope dates
C. they have had astrologers read their horoscopes regularly
D. astrologers help them understand the world much better on their own
43. All of the following about astrology are correct EXCEPT that _________.
A. it lets you know of the future obstacles and problems in advance
B. you must believe the advice and precautions suggested in a horoscope reading
C. it considers our birth potential and the effects of the stars on our personal horoscope
D. it may help us make a good and successful life
44. All of us believe and enjoy in astrology because _________.
A. it can reveal our exact personality and destiny
B. we know how our horoscope to be formed at the beginning
C. our fingerprints make our birth chart unique in the horoscope
D. our horoscope reading is unique based on the planet’s position
45. The word “blueprint” in the last paragraph is closest in meaning to _________.
A. a design for a building
B. a description of something
C. a copy or print of something
D. a print of something in blue
1 - C; 2 - D; 3 - D; 4 - A; 5 - B;
6 - C; 7 - A; 8 - A; 9 - A; 10 - D;
11 - C; 12 - C; 13 - C; 14 - D; 15 - D;
16 - D; 17 - C; 18 - B; 19 - B; 20 - B;
21 - B; 22 - C; 23 - D; 24 - D; 25 - C;
26 - B; 27 - C; 28 - B; 29 - C; 30 - A;
31 - It is said that they bought this shop last year.
32 - He asked me how much I thought it would cost.
33 - Mr. Brown whose team has lost the game looks very sad.
34 - You know the man who sat next to me at Nam’s birthday party last night, don’t you?
35 - Minh spends 2 hours doing his homework every day.
36 - Because it rained heavily, we were late for school.
37 - We used to be made to clean the house by my mother.
38 - She said that she was working in a restaurant and didn’t care much for it.
39 - I haven’t spoken to her for two years.
40 - It is interesting to go swimming in the river in the summer.
41 - C
42 - A
43 - B
44 - D
45 - B
Trên đây là Đề thi tiếng Anh giữa học kì 2 lớp 10 có đáp án. Mời bạn đọc tham khảo thêm nhiều tài liệu ôn tập Tiếng Anh 10 cả năm khác như: Để học tốt Tiếng Anh lớp 10, Đề thi học kì 1 lớp 10, Đề thi học kì 2 lớp 10, Bài tập Tiếng Anh lớp 10 theo từng Unit trực tuyến,.... được cập nhật liên tục trên VnDoc.com.