Đề thi học kỳ 1 môn tiếng Anh lớp 11 Chương trình chuẩn trường THPT Thống Linh, Đồng Tháp năm học 2008 - 2009
Đề thi học kỳ 1 môn tiếng Anh lớp 11 có đáp án
Đề thi học kỳ 1 môn tiếng Anh lớp 11 Chương trình chuẩn trường THPT Thống Linh, Đồng Tháp năm học 2008 - 2009 là tài liệu ôn tập hay cho kỳ thi học kỳ sắp tới giúp các em học sinh chuẩn bị kiến thức vững vàng và sẵn sàng để bước vào kỳ thi. Sau đây mời các em làm bài và theo dõi đáp án cuối bài.
PHẦN I: TRẮC NGHIỆM
Chọn phương án tốt nhất để hoàn thành các câu sau.
1. Laura reminded her roommate _____ her alarm clock for 6:00.
A. to setting B. setting C. to set D. to be set
2. I _____ the film last night because I _____ it several times before.
A. had not seen / saw B. did not see / had seen
C. do not see / have seen D. have not seen / see
3. Each nation has many people who voluntarily take care of others. "Take care of" means _____.
A. look after B. bring along C. keep up with D. get on with
4. There's _____ at the door. Can you come and see who it is?
A. everyone B. anyone C. no one D. someone
5. A(n) _____ is a person who is killed because of their political beliefs.
A. war invalid B. soldier C. martyr D. veteran
6. Can you tell me one of your most _____ experiences?
A. unforgettable B. memorable C. embarrassing D. All are correct
7. Let's hurry! We must finish _____ the office before 3pm today.
A. painted B. to paint C. to painting D. panting
8. A selfish person is incapable _____ true friendship.
A. of B. with C. in D. on
9. I'm very glad _____ that you have passed your exam.
A. to hear B. hear C. hearing D. heard
10. I'm pleased to _____ the winner of the final competition.
A. recite B. explain C. announce D. appoint
11. A _____ is a person who is chosen or appointed on behalf of another person or group.
A. sponsor B. judge C. competitor D. representative
12. The 60th wedding anniversary is also called the _____ wedding.
A. golden B. diamond C. silver D. bronze
13. Alice didn't expect _____ to Bill's party.
A. being invited B. to be invited C. to invite D. inviting
14. I think I hear someone _____ the back window. Do you hear it, too?
A. to open B. opened C. opening D. to opening
15. Tommy admitted _____ the rock through the window.
A. throwing B. to throw C. being thrown D. to be thrown
16. Has _____ arrived yet? It's time to start now.
A. anyone B. someone C. no one D. everyone
17. Vietnam has a _____ of more than 80 million.
A. people B. population C. persons D. citizens
18. _____ is a holiday in Vietnam celebrated on September 2nd every year.
A. Thanksgiving B. Mother's Day C. Teachers' Day D. Independence Day
Chọn một từ mà phần gạch chân có cách phát âm khác với các từ còn lại.
19. A. character B. choice C. change D. teacher
20. A. helicopter B. hospital C. husband D. hour
21. A. money B. notice C. glance D. thank
Chọn một từ/cụm từ được gạch chân cần được sửa lại.
22. As Geoff was introduced to Mrs. Brown, he realizes that he had met her before.
A B C D
23. There was a gradual raise in the number of literate males and females in the Lowlands.
A B C D
24. She made her son to wash the windows before he could go out with his friends.
A B C D
25. If you were so busy, I would have shown you how to play.
A B C D
Hãy đọc kỹ đoạn văn và trả lời các câu hỏi bên dưới bằng cách chọn phương án đúng nhất.
Mankind is feeling greater pressure from the expanding number of people. The area of the earth can never be expanded. Nor are there endless sources of food and clothing. Yet people are being born faster than they are dying. In the next forty years, the world population may double. How can so many people be fed? What is worse, there is danger that someday mankind will have only standing room.
Birth control should be a basic policy in our country. China has the greatest number of population in the world. With the high birth rate, the production of grains and goods will be unable to meet the need of the people. To raise people's living standard, we must practise birth control.
There are disadvantages of a family having more children. First, parents cannot give their children a good breeding in food, clothing and shelter and let alone education. Second, child-rearing will exhaust the parents, leaving no time and energy for their work. Last, a family with more children will increase the burden of society.
26. The _____ is putting more pressure on mankind.
A. increasing population B. supplying of food and clothing
C. building of remote regions D. expanding area of the earth
27. The world population may double in the next 40 years because _____.
A. people don't know how to limit population
B. government hasn't provided birth-control methods
C. each individual isn't responsible for limiting population
D. birth rates are more than death ones.
28. Which country is the most populous in the world?
A. the United States B. China C. Britain D. Canada
29. Which of the following is TRUE?
A. The natural resources are always enough to supply the hugest population.
B. The production of grains will meet the need of people.
C. It's necessary to practise birth control to raise people's living standards.
D. The faster the population grows, the more natural resources we own.
30. In a family having more children, _____
A. children cannot be given a good breeding.
B. the parents have more time and energy for their work.
C. the parents will die at their young age.
D. it's very difficult for children to take care of their parents.
PHẦN II: TỰ LUẬN
Hãy viết lại các câu sau đây, bắt đầu bằng từ/cụm từ cho sẵn.
31. He said to me, "Would you like to have a drink with me?"
He invited __________________________________________________
32. "If I were in your place, I would accept John's invitation," she said to him.
She told him ________________________________________________
33. I don't have money, so I will not buy beautiful presents for you.
Hãy kết hợp mỗi cặp câu sau thành một, sử dụng hiện tại phân từ (V-ing)
34. Because I had already read the book several times, I didn't borrow it.
35. She went to bed early. She felt very tired.
ĐÁP ÁN ĐỀ KIỂM TRA HỌC KÌ I MÔN TIẾNG ANH LỚP 11
PHẦN I: TRẮC NGHIỆM (0,25 điểm/câu đúng)
1. C 2. B 3. A 4. D 5. C
6. D 7. D 8. A 9. A 10. C
11. D 12. B 13. B 14. C 15. A
16. D 17. B 18. D 19. A 20. D
21. D 22. C 23. B 24. B 25. A
26. A 27. D 28. B 29. C 30. A
PHẦN II: TỰ LUẬN (0,5 điểm/câu đúng hoàn chỉnh)
31. He invited me to have a drink with him.
32. She told him if she were in his place, she would accept John's invitation.
33. If I had money, I would buy beautiful presents for you.
34. Having already read the book several times, I didn't borrow it.
35. Feeling very tired, she went to bed early.