Tổng hợp bài kiểm tra tiếng Anh lớp 12 cơ bản - Unit 11
Tổng hợp bài kiểm tra tiếng Anh lớp 12 cơ bản - Unit 11 có đáp án
Trong bài viết này, VnDoc xin gửi bạn tổng hợp bài kiểm tra tiếng Anh lớp 12 cơ bản - Unit 11 với nhiều dạng bài tập hay và sát với đề thi dành cho các em học sinh tham khảo. Mời các bạn cùng rèn luyện qua 3 bài trắc nghiệm Tiếng anh 12 Unit 11 dưới đây.
Choose the word which is stressed differently from the rest.
1. a. entertainment b. information c. difficulty d. understanding
2. a. swallow b. subject c. digest d. enough
3. a. imagine b. important c. example d. wonderful
4. a. different b. carefully c. holiday d. reviewer
5. a. knowledge b. forever c. journey d. action
Answers: 1. c 2. d 3. d 4. d 5. b
Choose a, b, c, or d that best completes each unfinished sentence, substitutes the underlined part, or has a close meaning to the original one.
6. Which subject is this book ________?
a. for b. on c. of d. up
7. Francis Bacon lived ________ about the same time as Shakespeare.
a. at b. for c. in d. over
8. People enjoy a book ________ different ways.
a. on b. with c. upon d. in
9. This book is not really ________. It is a waste of money buying it.
a. inform b. information c. informative d. informatively
10. Sometimes it is ________ to find suitable books for our children.
a. difficult b. difficulty c. difficultly d. difficulties
11. A book may be evaluated by a reader or professional writer to create a book ________.
a. review b. reviewing c. reviewer d. reviewed
12. As for me, I consider reading ________ important part of ________ life.
a. an / Ø b. the / a c. Ø / the d. an / a
13. Anne says that she reads about half ________ hour a day, at least.
a. a b. an c. the d. Ø
14. Different people like specific types of books, and some people just like ________ literature in general.
a. a b. an c. the d. Ø
15. ____ books are ones in which the story is told or illustrated with pictures.
a. Comic b. Thriller c. Romantic d. Science
16. Boy, stop reading. ________ the book down and go to bed.
a. Take b. Put c. Set d. Pick
17. A book may be studied by students as the ________ of a writing and analysis exercise in the form of a book report.
a. limit b. time c. subject d. interest
18. It is a good book. I think it is interesting enough for you to ________.
a. put down b. swallow c. look up d. understand
19. A ________ is a report in a newspaper or magazine in which a writer gives his opinion of a book, a film, or a play.
a. page b. subject c. review d. journey
20. If you ________ a book, you have a brief look at it without reading or studying it seriously.
a. dip into b. put away c. pick up d. put down
21. Those letters ________ now. You can do the typing later.
a. need typing b. needn't be typed c. need to type d. needn't typing
22. The museum is open to everybody. It ________ between 9am and 5pm.
a. visits b. visited c. can visit d. can be visited
23. The train ________ by bad weather. I am not sure.
a. might delay b. might be delaying
c. might have delayed d. might have been delayed
24. The room ________ once a day.
a. should clean b. should be cleaning
c. should be cleaned d. should have cleaned
25. Two tablets ________ twice a day to have you recover from the illness quickly.
a. must take b. must be taken c. must have taken d. must be taking
26. Theresa walked past me without saying a word. She ________ me.
a. can't have seen b. can't see
c. can't have been seen d. can be seen
27. I think the match ________. Everybody's gone into the stadium and you can hear them cheering.
a. was started b. will be started c. must started d. must have started
28. We found the exam extremely easy. We ________ so hard.
a. needn't study b. needn't be studying
c. needn't have studied d. needn't have been studied
29. There is plenty of money in our account so those cheques ________ to the bank today.
a. needn't be taken b. needn't be taking c. needn't take d. needn't taking
30. The picnic ________ because Peter has just had a traffic accident.
a. will cancel b. will be canceling
c. will be canceled d. will have canceled
6. b 7. a 8. d 9. c 10. a 11. a 12. a 13. b 14. d 15 a
16. b 17. c 18. b 19. c 20. a 21. b 22. d 23. d 24. c 25. b
26. a 27. d 28. c 29. a 30. c
31. Too much television can has negative effects on young minds because of higher levels of television viewing correlate with
A B C
lowered academic performance, especially reading scores.
=> B. Because of => because
32. Neil Postman, an author of some great books, pointed out that reading teaches us to think in a logically connected way,
A B C
and cultivating a sustained attention span.
=> D. Cultivating => cultivates
33. Reading cannot make your life longer, but reading really makes your life more thicker.
A B C D
=> D. More thicker => thicker
34. It is really sad how many people have the misconception that reading is bored.
A B C D
=> D. Bored => boring
35. There are many benefits that we may be gained by actually taking the time to read a book instead of sitting in front of the
A B C
TV or doing some other forms of mindless entertainment.
=> A. May be gained => may gain
Read the passage carefully and choose the correct answer.
Reading, as you know, is a continuous and never ending process. If you do very little reading, or if you read only material that offers no challenge to your comprehension, your reading will be of very little use. Once we reach a certain age, or once our formal schooling is completed, many of us become so restricted in our choice of reading that we rarely read any new type of reading experience. We tend to read only books in our professional or business field, or only inspirational books, or only our favorite newspapers every morning, or only one magazine for which we have developed a preference. And the trouble starts here. You should neither read only for entertainment nor only for information but you should also read for intellectual growth, for mental stimulation, for enriching your background of knowledge, for wisdom, and for broader outlook and mature understanding. What kind of books should you read to continue your intellectual growth, to gain a background for opinion and for judgment? The answer is simple one: Read books in fields you have little or no acquaintance with, books that will open for you new horizons of learning, books that will help you explore new areas of knowledge and experience, books that will make the world and people more understandable to you. Sadly, more and more people today are giving up the printed word in favor of being entertained and informed by watching TV, a popular entertainment ,device present at almost homes. More and more children are being subjected to TV programming, perhaps as a babysitter. More than two hours of TV time per day are now a part of children development, generating physiological and mental problems that are of growing concern among experts.
36. Reading ________.
a. completely stops when we finish our schooling c. is of little use
b. is an endless process d. should be done a little
37. According to the text, ________.
a. new type of reading experience often interests most of us.
b. we should only read for entertainment
c. reading for intellectual growth is necessary
d. we should not read for mental stimulation
38. What kind of books is recommended?
a. Books in fields you have little or no acquaintance with
b. Books that will help you explore new areas of knowledge and experience
c. Books that will open for you new horizons of learning
d. All are correct
39. We can learn from the text that today ________.
a. people spend more time watching TV than reading books
b. more and more people enjoy reading
c. most babysitters prefer watching TV
d. most children spend less than 2 hours a day watching TV
40. The writer ________.
a. does not approve of reading process c. prefers watching TV to reading
b. advises us to read as little as possible d. appreciates reading
Answers: 36. b 37. c 38. d 39 a 40. d
Fill in each numbered blank with one suitable word or phrase.
If you want to prepare yourself for great achievement and have more to (41) ______ to your education or your work, try reading more books. (42) ______ up some of the interestingly informative books and search for well-researched material that can help you grow.
We should (43) ______ our children to read more books and (44) ______ less time watching TV. Some people have commented that this is inconsistent. "Why is the written word a superior way to get information than television?" That is (45) ______ interesting point of view worth further (46) ______. Reading is a skill that is in much greater demand than the demand for watching TV. There are no jobs that (47) ______ a person to be able to watch TV but reading is an integral part of many jobs. The written word is an incredibly flexible and efficient way of communication. You can write something down and, in no time, it can be (48) ______ to many different people. Not only that, we can (49) ______ vast amounts of information through reading in a very short time. A good reader can acquire more information in reading for two hours than someone watching TV can acquire in a full day. You are able to gain a lot of information quickly because you are a fast reader with good (50) ______ skills. It will save you massive amounts of time and you will be able to assimilate vast quantities of information.
41. a. contribute b. gather c. collect d. gain
42. a. Make b. Set c. Take d. Pick
43. a. discuss b. encourage c. suggest d. define
44. a. spend b. apply c. train d. waste
45. a. a b. an c. the d. no article
46. a. explore b. explorer c. exploration d. explorative
47. a. inquire b. tell c. require d. ask
48. a. submitted b. handed c. sent d. communicated
49. a. inhale b. breathe c. eat d. digest
50. a. apprehension b. enjoyment c. comprehension d. entertainment
Answers: 41. a 42. d 43. b 44. a 45. b 46. c 47. c 48. d 49. d 50 c