Bài tập trắc nghiệm về cụm động từ tiếng Anh (PHRASAL VERBS) có đáp án
Bài tập về cụm động từ tiếng Anh
Bài tập trắc nghiệm về cụm động từ tiếng Anh (PHRASAL VERBS) có đáp án do VnDoc.com sưu tầm và đăng tải với dạng bài bám sát theo chương trình học là tài liệu hữu ích không chỉ cho các bạn muốn nâng cao năng lực tiếng Anh mà còn dành cho các bạn đang ôn tập để đạt điểm cao nhất trong mỗi kì thi. Sau đây mời các bạn vào tham khảo.
1. It is generally accepted that in today's society women have access ________ education and can promote themselves much more easily than years ago.
a. to b. up c. on d. for
2. It took women a long time to struggle ________ the right to vote.
a. for b. with c. against d. upon
3. I think women are suited ________ many important things, besides childbearing and homemaking.
a. of b. on c. for d. about
4. Women are increasingly involved ________ the public life.
a. of b. in c. with d. from
5. If you have an old blanket, ________ it along so that we have something to sit on at the beach.
a. bring b. go c. put d. keep
6. Although the team was both mentally and physically exhausted, they ________ on walking.
a. stopped b. kept c. took d. put
7. Before the plane ________ off, the flight attendant told everyone to fasten their seat belts and put their chairs in an upright position.
a. woke b. brought c. kept d. took
8. Don't forget to ________ your gloves on. It is cold outside.
a. let b. make c. put d. fix
9. If you don't pay your rent, your landlord is going to kick you out!
a. lend you some money b. play football with you
c. give you a kick d. force you to leave
10. Yesterday I ran into Sam at the grocery store. I had not seen him for years.
a. met b. visited c. said goodbye to d. made friends with
11. Let's go over that report again before we submit it.
a. dictate b. print c. read carefully d. type
12. I will not stand for your bad attitude any longer.
a. like b. tolerate c. mean d. care
13. Everything is _______ you. I cannot make _______ my mind yet.
a. out off/ on b. up to/ up c. away from/ for d. on for/ off
14. There is no food left. Someone must have eaten it _______.
a. out b. up c. off d. along
15. The explorers made a fire to _______ off wild animals.
a. get b. keep c. take d. go
16. If something urgent has _______ up, phone me immediately and I will help you.
a. picked b. come c. kept d. brought
17. The passengers had to wait because the plane ______ off one hour late.
a. took b. turned c. cut d. made
18. Be careful! The tree is going to fall.
a. Look out b. Look up c. Look on d. Look after
19. The organization was established in 950 in the USA.
a. come around b. set up c. made out d. put on
20. Within their home country, National Red Cross and Red Crescent societies assume the duties and responsibilities of a national relief society.
a. take on b. get off c. go about d. put in
21. The bomb exploded in the garage; fortunately no one hurt.
a. put on b. went off c. got out d. kept up
22. They had to delay their trip because of the bad weather.
a. get through b. put off c. keep up with d. go over
23. It took me a very long time to recover from the shock of her death.
a. turn off b. take on c. get over d. keep up with
24. He did not particularly want to play any competitive sport.
a. use up b. do with c. take up d. go on
25. I am tired because I went to bed late last night.
a. stayed up b. kept off c. put out d. brought up
26. She got _______ her car to pick _______ some wild flowers.
a. from/ on b. in/ at c. off/ up d. out/ for
27. The customer had tried ____ some blouses but none of them suited her.
a. at b. with c. in d. on
28. If I get this report finished I will knock _______ early and go to the pub for some drink.
a. up b. over c. on d. off
29. Boy! _______ away all your toys and. go to bed right now.
a. Come b. Lie c. Put d. Sit
30. I have been trying to ring him up all day and I could not ______ through.
a. get b. take c. look d. hang
31. The water supply of the building was ______ off because the pipes burst.
a. handed b. held c. cut d. paid
32. How are you _______ on with your work? - It is OK.
a. calling b. getting c. laying d. looking
33. Did your son pass the university entrance examination?
a. make up b. get along c. go up d. get through
34. What may happen if John will not arrive in time?
a. go along b. count on c. keep away d. turn up
35. Johnny sometimes visits his grandparents in the countryside.
a. calls on b. keeps off c. takes in d. goes up
36. They decided to postpone their journey till the end of the month because of the epidemic.
a. take up b. turn round c. put off d. do with
37. The stranger came ___ me and asked, "Is there a post office near here?"
a. on to b. away from c. out of d. up to
38.Frankly speaking, your daughter does not take _______ you at all.
a. after b. along c. up d. over
39. She is not really friendly. She does not get on well ____ her classmates.
a. from b. with c. for d. to
40. I would be grateful if you kept the news _______ yourself. Do not tell anyone about it.
a. from b. to c. for d. at
41. I do not use those things any more. You can _______ them away.
a. get b. fall c. throw d. make
42. They were late for work because their car _______ down.
a. got b. put c. cut d. broke
43. The authority _______ down that building to build a supermarket.
a. knocked b. came c. went d. fell
44. My husband spends far more time helping our three kids ________ homework and studying for tests than I do.
a. on b. to c. with d. in
45. My husband and I take turns cleaning ________ the kitchen depending ________ who gets home from work earlier.
a. away/ to b. from/ in c. up/ on d. with/ for
46. The efforts for the advancement of women have resulted ________ several respectively achievement in women's life and work.
a. at b. with c. for d. in
47. The women's movement has affirmed women's rights to non-discrimination ________ education, employment and economic and social activities.
a. in b. of c. from d. about
48. The small white flowers are my favorite. They give off a wonderful honey smell that scents the entire garden.
a. release b. stop c. end d. melt
49. I couldn't make out what he had talked about because I was not used to his accent.
a. stand b. understand c. write d. interrupt
50. I'm sorry. I didn't mean to interrupt you. Please, go on and finish what you were saying.
a. talk b. quit c. continue d. stop
51. The firefighters fought the blaze while the crowd was looking on it.
a. blowing b. watering c. preventing d. watching
52. I cannot believe Peter and Mary ________ up last week. They have been married for almost fifteen years. I hope they get back together.
a. went b. gave c. looked d. broke
53. It took us over twelve hours to hike over the mountain. By the time we got back to our campsite, I was completely ________ out.
a. worn b. went c. put d. knocked
54. If you don't have the telephone number now, you can ________ me up later and give it to me then.
a. call b. stop c. give d. hold
55. What does "www" ________ for? Is it short for "world wide web?"
a. sit b. stand c. lie d. point