Bài tập câu điều kiện có đáp án
26 Bài tập Conditional Sentences có đáp án án
Bài tập về Câu điều kiện có đáp án nằm trong bộ đề ôn tập Ngữ pháp Tiếng Anh cơ bản do VnDoc.com sưu tầm và đăng tải. Đề luyện tập Tiếng Anh gồm nhiều dạng bài tập tiếng Anh thường gặp trong các đề thi giúp các bạn không chỉ tổng quát được kiến thức ngữ pháp câu điều kiện quan trọng mà còn tập dượt trước mỗi kì thi hiệu quả.
Bài 1. Chia động từ trong ngoặc.
1. If they (listen) carefully, they might hear the woodpecker.
2. If I had lain down on the sofa, I (fall) asleep.
3. Ngoc could have worked as a model if she (be) taller.
4. The soil (not/dry out) if you water the plants regularly.
5. If you (give) the young boy this stick, he’d hurt himself.
6. We (not/take) the wrong tram if Dzung had asked the policewoman.
7. If the cat hides in the tree, the dog (not/find) it.
8. The students would have solved the problem if they (use) their textbooks.
9. If he washed his feet more often, his girlfriend (visit) him more often.
10. Manh (read) the newspaper if he went by train.
1. listened; 2. could have fallen; 3. had been; 4. won’t dry out; 5. gave;
6. wouldn’t have taken; 7. won’t find; 8. had used; 9. would visit; 10. would read
Bài 2. Hoàn thành câu với từ cho sẵn (chú ý chia động từ)
1. If/ you/ mix/ red/ blue/ get / purple.
2. If/ Arsenal/ win/ they/ be/ top/ the league.
3. It /rain/ we / cancel / the match.
4. You / take / first bus/ you/will/ get /there on time.
5. You / need more helpers/ I /can try / get some time off work.
6. Mary might / deliver your parcel / you /ask /her.
7. I / were / 20/ I would/ travel/ world
8. Jim / lent / us / car / we / could / go / party.
9. We / would / save £3.50 a day / we didn’t / eat any lunch.
10. Burglars/ broke/ into my house/ they / find any money.
1. If you mix red and blue, you get purple.
2. If Arsenal wins, they’ll be top of the league.
3. If it rains, we will cancel the match.
4. If you take the first bus, you’ll get there on time.
5. If you need more helpers, I can try and get some time off work.
6. Mary might deliver your parcel if you ask her.
7. If I were 20, I would travel the world.
8. If Jim lent us his car, we could go to the party.
9. We would save £3.50 a day if we didn’t eat any lunch.
10. If burglars broke into my house, they wouldn’t find any money.
Bài 3. Hoàn thành câu với từ cho sẵn
1. If we meet at 9:30, we (to have) plenty of time.
2. Lisa would find the milk if she (to look) in the fridge.
3. The zookeeper would have punished her with a fine if she (to feed) the animals.
4. If you spoke louder, your classmates (to understand) you.
5. Dan (to arrive) safe if he drove slowly.
6. You (to have) no trouble at school if you had done your homework.
7. If you (to swim) in this lake, you'll shiver from cold.
8. The door will unlock if you (to press) the green button.
9. If Mel (to ask) her teacher, he'd have answered her questions.
10. I (to call) the office if I was/were you.
1. will have; 2. looked; 3. had fed; 4. would understand; 5. would arrive
6. would have had; 7. swim; 8. press; 9. had asked; 10. would call
Bài 4. Hoàn thành câu với từ cho sẵn
1.If it (to be) warmer, we (to go) swimming.
2. My parents (to buy) this house if the man (not/to sell) it to someone else.
3. If he (not/to fail) his driving test, his parents (to lend) him their car.
4. If my uncle (to tell) me the way to his office, I (not/to arrive) so late.
5. She (to be) at the airport if she (to read) the message carefully.
6. Lucy (not/to hurt) her foot if she (not/to drop) the old box on it.
7. If you (to use) a sharp knife, you (not/to cut) yourself.
8. If Victoria (to celebrate) her birthday at home, I (to bring) her some flowers.
9. We (to take) the train to Edinburgh if it (to run) on time.
10. If Max (not/to forget) his schoolbag, he (to give) you your USB flash drive.
1. If it had been warmer, we would have gone swimming.
2. My parents would have bought this house if the man had not sold it to someone else.
3. If he had not failed his driving test, his parents would have lent him their car.
4. If my uncle had told me the way to his office, I would not have arrived so late.
5. She would have been at the airport if she had read the message carefully.
6. Lucy would not have hurt her foot if she had not dropped the old box on it.
7. If you had used a sharp knife, you would not have cut yourself.
8. If Victoria had celebrated her birthday at home, I would have brought her some flowers.
9. We would have taken the train to Edinburgh if it had run on time
10. If Max had not forgotten his schoolbag, he would have given you your USB flash drive.
Bài 5: Cho dạng đúng của động từ trong ngoặc:
1. If I see him, I _____ (give) him a gift.
2. If I had a typewriter, I _____ (type) it myself.
3. If I had known that you were in hospital, I _____ (visit) you.
4. You could make better progress if you _____ (attend) class regularly.
5. If I _____ (know) his telephone number, I’d give it to you.
6. If you _____ (arrive) ten minutes earlier, you would have got a seat.
7. If he worked more slowly, he _____ (not make) so many mistakes.
8. I shouldn’t drink that wine if I _____ (be) you.
9. If I _____ (find) a cheap room, I will stay a fortnight.
10. A lot of people _____ (be) out of work if the factory closed down.
11. I (have) ………….. plenty of money now if I (not/spend) ………… so much yesterday.
12. If someone (give) …………….you a boat, what you (do) …………… ?
13. If you...........(press) CTRL + S, you...........(save) the file.
14. The children...........(be) happy if he...........(teach) them English.
15. If she...........(buy) a new hard disk, she...........(not/ lose) all data.
|1. will give;||2. would type;||3. would have visited ;||4. attended;||5. knew;|
|6. had arrived;||7. wouldn't make;||8. were;||9. find;||10. would be;|
|11. would have/ hadn't spent (ĐK hỗn hợp);||12. gives/ what will you do;||13. press/ save (hoặc will save);||14. would be/ taught;||15. had bought/ wouldn't have lost;|
Bài 6: Bài tập chuyển sang câu điều kiện có đáp án.
1. Keep silent or you’ll wake the baby up.
→ If you don't keep silent, you will wake the baby up.
2. Stop talking or you won’t understand the lesson.
3. I don’t know her number, so I don’t ring her up.
4. I don’t know the answer, so I can’t tell you.
→ If …………………………………………….………..
5. We got lost because we didn’t have a map.
→ If …………………………………….……..…….……
6. Susan felt sick because she ate four cream cakes.
7. Without this treatment, the patient would have died.
8. He lost his job because he was late every day.
9. Peter is fat because he eats so many chips.
10. Robert got a bad cough because he started smoking cigarettes.
Đáp án tham khảo (ngoài ra còn nhiều cách viết sử dụng từ ngữ khác nhau, nhưng nghĩa là không thay đổi)
2. If you keep talking, you won't understand the lesson.
3. If I know her number, I will ring her up.
4. If I know the answer, I will tell you.
5. If we had had a map, we wouldn't have got lost.
6. If Susan hadn't eaten four cream cakes, she wouldn't have felt sick.
7. If we hadn't had this treatment, the patient would have died.
8. If he hadn't been late every day, he wouldn't have lost his job.
9. If Peter ate less chips, he wouldn't be fat.
10. If Robert hadn't started smoking cigarettes, he wouldn't have got a bad cough.
Bài 7: Chọn đáp án đúng.
1. I would have visited you before if there _____ quite a lot of people in your house.
B. hadn't been
C. wouldn't be
2. If you had caught the bus, you _____ late for work.
A. wouldn't have been
B. would have been
C. wouldn’t be
D. would be
3. If I _____, I would express my feelings.
A. were asked
B. would ask
C. had been asked
4. If _____ as I told her, she would have succeeded.
A. she has done
B. she had done
C. she does
D. she did
5. Will you be angry if I _____ your pocket dictionary?
B. have stolen
C. were to steal
6. You made a mistake by telling her a lie. It _____ better if you _____ to her.
A. would have been/ hadn't lied
B. would be/ didn't lie
C. will be/ don't lie
D. would be/ hadn't lied
7. John would be taking a great risk if he _____ his money in that business.
A. would invest
C. had invested
8. She wouldn't have given them all that money if we _____ her to.
A. wouldn’t advise
B. won't advise
C. hadn't advised
D. didn't advise
9. If the tree hadn't been so high, he _____ it up to take his kite down.
A. could have climbed
C. is climbing
10. If the wall weren't so high, he _____ it up to take his ball down.
B. could climb
C. is climbing
11. If I _____ her phone number, I _____ her last night
A. had known/ could have phoned
B. knew/ would have phoned
C. know/ can phone
D. knew/ could phone
12. If he ______ the truth, the police wouldn’t arrest him.
C. had told
D. would tell
13. If you press that button what _____?
A. would happen
B. would have happened
C. will happen
14. She says if she _____ that the traffic lights were red she _____.
A. had realized/ would stop
B. realized/ could have stopped
C. has realized/ stopped
D. had realized/ would have stopped
15. I am very thin. I think, if I _____ smoking, I might get fat.
B. had stopped
C. will stop
16. If I _____ that yesterday, I _____ them.
A. had discovered/ would inform
B. had discovered/ would have informed\
C. had discovered/ could inform
D. discovered/ can inform
17. If you _______ to the course regularly, they ________ a certificate last year.
A. go/ gave
B. go/ give
C. had gone/ would have given
D. went/ would give
18. I think he is not at home. If he _____ in, he ______ the phone.
A. was/ answered
B. were/ would answer
C. were/ would have answered
D. had been/ would have answered
19. If I ______ in London now, I could visit British Museum.
B. had been
C. have been
D. would be
20. If Columbus _______ money from Queen Isabella, he _______ across the Atlantic.
A. do not receive/ could not sail
B. had not received/ might not have sailed
C. did not receive/ might not have sailed
D. would not receive/ might not sail
|1 - B||2 - A||3 - A||4 - B||5 - D||6 - A||7 - B||8 - C||9 - A||10 - B|
|11 - A||12 - B||13 - C||14 - D||15 - A||16 - B||17 - C||18 - B||19 - A||20 - B|
Bài 8: Chọn đáp án đúng
1. If she …………… the lottery last year, She ………… rich now.
A. have won/would be
B. had won/would be
D. wins/will be
2. If I …………… the homework last night, I…………… bonus today.
A. had done/would get
B. had done/would have got
C. done/would get
D. does/will get
3. If we had played this game yesterday, we…………… a lot of money now.
A. will have
B. may have
C. would have had
D. would have
4. If it ……………… last night, it would be cold today.
A. had rained
C. have rained
D. was raining
5. If she …………… to me, she ……………… in trouble right now.
A. had listened/would be
B. had listened/would have be
C. had listened/would not be
D. A & B
6. If it had rained one hour ago, the streets ………… wet now.
A. would have be
B. will be
D. would be
7. If I ………………. to the beach yesterday, I would be tired today.
A. have gone
C. had gone
D. A & B
8. If they had gone to school yesterday, they ……….. to the museum now
A. would go
B. will go
C. could go
9. If he had done exercise last night, he ……… soccer right now.
A. will play
B. can play
D. could play.
10. If Nina had not gone out last week, she ……………… die now.
|1 - B||2 - A||3 - D||4 - A||5 - A||6 - D||7 - C||8 - D||9 - D||10 - D|
Bài 9: Điền vào chỗ trống
1. If you take my advice, you ........................ (be) happy.
2. What would you do if you ........................ (be) me?
3. If you ........................ (lend) me some books I will give them back in two weeks.
4. I ........................ (send) her a letter if I had found her address.
5. She ........................ (not/steal) the bread if she hadn't been hungry.
6. If she ........................ (come) here I will tell her about the film.
7. I will be unhappy if you ........................ (leave) me.
8. If you hadn't been so crazy you ........................ (not/buy) this expensive house.
9. If the sun ........................ (shine) I will go to the beach.
10. If I ........................ (win) the lottery I would leave my country.
|1. will be||2. were||3. lend||4. would have sent||5. would not have stolen / wouldn't have stolen|
|6. comes||7. leave||8. would not have bought / wouldn't have bought||9. shines||10. Won|
Bài 10: Điền vào chỗ trống
1. ............ we ............ (have) enough time if we wanted to see the castle?
2. In case you ............ (buy) a car, will you teach me to drive?
3. If I............ (not be) in a hurry, I wouldn't have made so many mistakes.
4. She won't finish it on time if she ............ (not start) right now.
5. She ............ (get angry) if you had told her.
6. On condition that they ............(support) our product, they would get a discount.
7. Even if I ............(ask) him, he won't come.
8. Had I driven slowly, I ............(not crash)
9. It will be a disaster unless they ............ (help) us.
10. If you ............ (have) something to eat, you wouldn't have felt sick.
11. I wouldn't risk it if I ............ (be) you.
12. She would get fat if she ............ (not stop) eating.
13. The chicken wasn't good. It ............(taste) better if you had put some spices on it.
|1 - Would ... have||2 - buy||3 - had not been||4 - does not start||5 - would have got||6 - supported|
|7 - ask||8 - would not have crashed||9 - help||10 - had had||11- were||12 - did not stop|
|13 - would have tasted|
Bài 11: Tìm lỗi sai
1. What do (A) you do (B) if you won the first (C) prize of the lottery?
2. Would people be able(A) to fly (B), if they have (C) feathers instead of (D) hair?
3. George now(A) wishes he hasn’t (B) broken (C) his encouragement with (D) Marian.
4. If Peter had been more (A) careful (B), he wouldn’t break (C) the camera I lent (D) him.
5. He wouldn’t have able(A) to pass (B) the test if his English hadn’t been (C) good enough (D).
6. If a drop(A) of oil is placed (B) in a glass of water, it would (C) float on (D) the surface.
1. A (do => would)
4. C (wouldn’t break => wouldn’t have broken)
2. C (have => had)
5. A (have able => have been able)
3. B (hasn’t => hadn’t)
6. C (would => will)
Bài 12: Hoàn chỉnh các câu sau, sử dụng điều kiện loại 2
1. What/ happen/ if/ water pollution/ stop?
2. We/ be/ happy/ if/ air pollution/ the world/ be/ a/ better place?
3. If/ there/ be/ no more pollution/ the world/ be/ a better place?
4. If/I/ be/ you/I/ take/ these bottles/ the bottle bank.
5. If/ people/ not really care/ the environment/ they/ not try/ save it.
6. The river/ not be/ so polluted/ if/ factories/ not dump/ waste/ it.
7. We/ be/ less worried/ if/ oil spills/ not have/ such destructive effects.
8. If/ we/ destroy/ the ozone layer/ what/ save/ us/ the UV rays?
1. What would happen if water pollution stopped?
2. We would be happy if air pollution was the only problem.
3. If there was no more pollution, would the world be a better place?
4. If I were you, I would take these bottles to the bottle bank.
5. If people didn’t really care about the environment, they wouldn’t try to save it.
6. The river wouldn’t be so polluted if factories didn’t dump waste into it.
7. We would be less worried if oil spills didn’t have such destructive effects.
8. If we destroyed the ozone layer, what would save us from the UV rays?
Bài 13. Cho dạng đúng của động từ trong ngoặc với câu điều kiện loại 1.
1. If I (study), I (pass) the exams.
2. If the sun (shine), we (walk) into town.
3. If he (have) a temperature, he (see) the doctor.
4. If my friends (come), I (be) very happy.
5. If she (earn) a lot of money, she (fly) to New York.
6. If we (travel) to Hanoi, we (visit) the museums.
7. If you (wear) sandals in the mountains, you (slip) on the rocks.
8. If Giang (forget) her homework, the teacher (give) her a low mark.
9. If they (go) to the disco, they (listen) to loud music.
10. If you (wait) a minute, I (ask) my parents.
1. study/will pass; 2. shines/will walk; 3. has/must see; 4. come/will be; 5. earns/will fly
6. travel/will visit; 7. wear/may slip; 8. forgets/will give; 9. go/have to; 10. wait/will ask
Bài 14. Cho dạng đúng của động từ trong ngoặc với câu điều kiện loại 2
1. If I (come) home earlier, I (prepare) dinner.
2. If we (live) in HCMC, my boyfriend (visit) us.
3. If Tung and Thanh (be) older, they (play) in our football team.
4. If he (be) my friend, I (invite) him to my birthday party.
5. If Xuan (study) harder, she (be) better at school.
6. If they (have) enough money, they (buy) a new car.
7. If you (do) a paper round, you (earn) a little extra money.
8. If Minh (get) more pocket money, he (ask) Lam out for dinner.
9. If we (win) the lottery, we (fly) to London.
10. If I (meet) Brad Pitt, I (ask) for his autograph.
1 - came/would prepare; 2 - lived/would visit; 3 - were/would play; 4 - were/would invite;
5 - studied/would be; 6 - had/could buy; 7 - did/could earn; 8 - got/could ask; 9 - won/would fly;
10 - met/would ask;
Bài 15: Hoàn thành các câu với nghĩa không đổi
1. Vegetarians don’t eat meat.
=> If you’re a vegetarian, ________________________________
2. People who live in a cold country don t like hot weather.
=> If you live _________________________________________
3. Teachers have to work very hard.
=> If you’re a teacher, __________________________________
4. People who do a lot of exercise stay fit and healthy.
=> If you ____________________________________________
5. Mechanics understand engines.
=> If you’re a ________________________________________
6. People who read newspapers know what’s happening in the world.
=> If you ____________________________________________
7. What would you do if you found some buried treasure?
If you were ______________
8. Working so much will make you tired
If you __________________
9. We didn’t visit the museum because we hadn’t time
We would ______________
10. Without you, I would have given up years ago
If it ___________________
11. We didn’t go by air only because we hadn’t enough money
If we __________________
12. If by any chance you find my wallet, could you let me know?
If you should ____________
13. I regret not studying hard last term
If only _________________
14. He didn’t work hard at school, so he didn’t get a good job when he left
15. People don’t do enough exercise, so there is a lot of heart disease
If people _______________
16. Children have bad teeth because they eat too many sweets
Children would have better teeth if ______________
1. If you’re a vegetarian, you won’t eat meat.
2. If you live in a cold country, you won’t like hot weather.
3. If you’re a teacher, you will have to work very hard.
4. If you do a lot of exercise, you will stay fit and healthy.
5. If you’re a mechanic, you will understand engines.
6. If you read newspapers, you will know what’s happening in the world.
7. If you were to find some buried treasure, what would you do?
8. If you didn’t work so much, you wouldn’t be tired
9. We would have visited the museum if we had had time
10. If it hadn’t been for you, I would have given up years ago
11. If we had had enough money, we would have gone by air
12. If you should find my wallet, could you let me know?
13. If only I had studied hard last term
14. If he had worked hard at school, he would have got a good job when he left
15. If people did enough exercise, they wouldn’t have/ get heart disease
16. Children would have better teeth if they didn’t eat too many sweets
Bài 16: Dựa vào những từ cho sẵn, viết thành câu hoàn chỉnh.
1. Jim/ always/ ask / me/ what/ I/ do/ if/ I / see/ shooting star
2. My mother/ often/ add/ stick/ cinnamon/ in/ soup
3. If/ you/ can/ not/drink/ black/ coffee/ ,/ you/ can/ add/ milk/ or/ sugar.
4. How/ the/ cake/taste/ if/ we /add/ drop/ olive/ oil?
5. My son/ not/ eat/ salad/ if/ there/ be/ tomatoes/ in/it.
6. My sister/ often/ eat/ slices/ bread/ with/ strawberry/ jam/ for/ breakfast.
7. Yesterday/ my/ mother/ and/ l/ buy/ some/ tin/ sardine/ and/ vegetables.
1. Jim always asks me what I will do if I see a shooting star.
2. My mother often adds some sticks of cinnamon in the soup.
3. If you can’t drink black coffee, you can add some milk or sugar.
4. How will the cake taste if we add some drops of olive oil?
5. My son won’t eat salad if there are tomatoes in it.
6. My sister often eats some slices of bread with some strawberry jam for breakfast.
7. Yesterday my mother and I bought some tins of sardine and some vegetables.
Bài 17: Give the correct form of verbs in bracket
1. If it (not pour) ____________ with rain tomorrow, we can (go) ____________ on a picnic
2. If James (start) ____________ to cook now, dinner (be) ____________ ready in one hour.
3. If Jane (not make) ____________ it the meeting on time, her manager may (get) ____________ very angry.
4. If they (be) ____________ occupied this weekend, they can (not come) ____________ to my house for dinner.
5. You must (not leave) ____________ the house unless I (allow) ____________ you to go
6. Peter (just waste) ____________ his money if he (take) ____________ a course in this English center.
1. If it (not pour) doesn’t pour with rain tomorrow, we can (go) go on a picnic
2. If James (start) starts to cook now, dinner (be) will be ready in one hour.
3. If Jane (not make) doesn’t make it the meeting on time, her manager may (get) get very angry.
4. If they (be) are occupied this weekend, they can (not come) won’t come to my house for dinner.
5. You must (not leave) not leave the house unless I (allow) allow you to go
6. Peter (just waste) will just waste his money if he (take) takes a course in this English center.
Bài 17. Complete the second sentence in each pair so that it has similar meaning to the first sentence
1. Follow these safety instructions or you may get burnt.
If you ___________________________________________________
2. Unless you want to get sick, you should eat more healthily.
3. Brush your teeth often in order not to get toothache.
4. Go to bed early or you will be exhausted the next morning.
5. Save money from now and you can reward yourself with a long vacation at the end of the year.
1. If you don’t follow these safety instructions, you may get burnt.
2. If you don’t want to get sick, you should eat more healthily.
3. If you brush your teeth often, you won’t get toothache.
4. If you don’t go to bed early, you may exhausted the next morning.
5. If you save money from now, you can reward yourself with a long vacation at the end of the year.
Bài 18: Put the verbs in brackets into the correct tense to form conditional sentences type 2.
1. If I _______ (be) you, I _______ (practice) English more often in order not to be rusty.
2. I _______ (forget) my worksheet at home if my mother _______ (not remind) me.
3. If Sara _______ (have) a good handwriting, I _______ (understand) her texts!
4. If my computer _______ (function) properly, I _______ (use) it more often.
5. If Amy _______ (can) speak two languages, she _______ (apply) for a job at the Multicultural Center.
6. If you _______ (lose) your Iphone, what _______ (you/ do)?
7. If Bill _______ (tidy) up his room every day, it _______ (not be) in a mess.
8. I _______ (travel) to the UK or another English-speaking country if I _______ (speak) better English.
9. Mark _______ (not get) such bad marks if he _______ (study) hard enough.
10. If Samatha _______ (not have) a job, she _______ (not pay) for the bills.
1. If I ___were____ (be) you, I ___would practice____ (practice) English more often in order not to be rusty.
2. I ___would forget____ (forget) my worksheet at home if my mother ___didn’t remind____ (not remind) me.
3. If Sara ____had___ (have) a good handwriting, I __would understand_____ (understand) her texts!
4. If my computer ____functioned___ (function) properly, I ___would use____ (use) it more often.
5. If Amy ____could___ (can) speak two languages, she __would apply_____ (apply) for a job at the Multicultural Center.
6. If you ___lost____ (lose) your Iphone, what ____would you do___ (you/ do)?
7. If Bill ___tidied____ (tidy) up his room every day, it __wouldn’t be_____ (not be) in a mess.
8. I ___would travel____ (travel) to the UK or another English-speaking country if I ___spoke____ (speak) better English.
9. Mark ___wouldn’t get____ (not get) such bad marks if he ___studied____ (study) hard enough.
10. If Samatha ___didn’t have____ (not have) a job, she ___wouldn’t pay____ (not pay) for the bills.
Bài 19. Complete the sentences with the correct verbal form
1. Elisa will come to your house if you _________________ (call) her.
2. If Anna knew the secret, he _________________ (tell) you
3. You football team could score more goals if the trainer _________________ (be) better
4. If I _________________ (be) you, I would complain to the manager
5. His parents would accept his marriage if she _________________ (be) American
6. If you listened to me, you _________________ (not make) so many mistakes
7. The writer will send the novel if he _________________ (finish) it next week
8. The girl wouldn’t have lost the money if she _________________ (keep) it in her wallet
1. Elisa will come to your house if you ________call_________ (call) her.
2. If Anna knew the secret, he ________would tell_________ (tell) you
3. You football team could score more goals if the trainer _________was________ (be) better
4. If I ______were___________ (be) you, I would complain to the manager
5. His parents would accept his marriage if she _________was________ (be) American
6. If you listened to me, you _________wouldn’t make________ (not make) so many mistakes
7. The writer will send the novel if he _______finishes__________ (finish) it next week
8. The girl wouldn’t have lost the money if she _________had kept________ (keep) it in her wallet
Bài 20. Choose the correct answer.
1. If Martin were here now, he________US to solve this difficult problem.
A. would help B. helps C. will help D. has helped
2. If he didn’t have to work today, he________his children to the zoo.
A. will take B. takes C. would take D. has taken
3. If you didn’t have to leave today, I________you around the city.
A. have shown B. showed C. will show D. would show
4. If our teacher were here now, he________US with this difficult exercise.
A. has helped B. helps C. will help D. would help
5. If he were younger, he________a professional running competition now.
A. will join B. had joined C. would have joined D. would join
6. If you watch this film, you________about the cultures of Southeast Asian countries.
A. learned B. were learning C. will learn D. would learn
7. If he were better qualified, he________get the job.
A. will B. can C. may D. could
8. If life________predictable it would cease to be life, and be without flavor.
A. is B. would be C. were D. had been
9. That sounds like a good offer. I________it if I________you.
A. would accept - were B. accepted - would be
C. accept - will be D. will accept - were
10. If he improved his IT skills, he________a job.
A. will easily get B. would easily get
C. will easily have got D. would easily have got
1 - A; 2 - C; 3 - D; 4 - D; 5 - D; 6 - C; 7 - D; 8 - C; 9 - A; 10 - B
Bài 21. Fill in the correct form of the verb. Use the type given at the end of the sentence!
1. If he ____________ (eat) everything he ___________ (be) ill (3)
2. The police _______________ (arrest) him if they ______________(catch) him (1)
3. What ___________ (happen) if my parachute ___________(not open)? (1)
4. I ____________ (be) angry if he ____________(make) more mistakes. (2)
5. If he _____________ (be) late we ____________ (go) without him (3).
6. If I ___________(lend) you 10 pounds, _____________ (you, give) it back to me? (1)
7. If you _____________ (not like) this one, I _____________ (bring) you
another one. (1)
8. If I _________ (know) that I ___________ (visit) you. (3)
9. I ___________ (not drink) that wine if I ____________ (be) you. (2)
10. If we ___________ (have) more rain our crops __________ (grow) faster (3)
1. If he _____had eaten _______ (eat) everything he ______would have been_____ (be) ill (3)
2. The police _______will arrest________ (arrest) him if they ______catch________(catch) him (1)
3. What ______will happen _____ (happen) if my parachute _____ does not open______(not open)? (1)
4. I ____would be angry________ (be) angry if he ______made______(make) more mistakes. (2)
5. If he _______had been______ (be) late we _____would have gone_______ (go) without him (3).
6. If I _____lend______(lend) you 10 pounds, _____will you give________ (you, give) it back to me? (1)
7. If you _______don't like______ (not like) this one, I _______will bring______ (bring) you
another one. (1)
8. If I _____had known____ (know) that I ______would have visited_____ (visit) you. (3)
9. I ______would not drink_____ (not drink) that wine if I ____were________ (be) you. (2)
10. If we ____had had_______ (have) more rain our crops ______would have grown____ (grow) faster (3)
Bài 22. Give the correct form of the word in bracket.
1. If he lived in London, he ______ better English. (SPEAK)
2. If Ann had known you were in town she _________you. (CALL)
3. You may get lung cancer if you _________on smoking. (KEEP)
4. If motorcycles _________ not so loud I would buy one. (BE)
5. We ______ the bus if the weather is bad. (TAKE)
6. If I had more time I______ it myself. (DO)
7. If you ________-my new hairstyle, what can I do about it ? (NOT LIKE)
8. Manchester would not have lost the match if the goalkeeper _______- better. (PLAY)
9. We will go swimming if it ________ tomorrow. (NOT RAIN)
10. If they ____________to post the letter, we might have gotten it in time. (NOT FORGET)
1. If he lived in London, he ___would speak___ better English. (SPEAK)
2. If Ann had known you were in town she ___would have had______you. (CALL)
3. You may get lung cancer if you _____keep____on smoking. (KEEP)
4. If motorcycles ___were______ not so loud I would buy one. (BE)
5. We ___will take___ the bus if the weather is bad. (TAKE)
6. If I had more time I___would do___ it myself. (DO)
7. If you ____don't like____ my new hairstyle, what can I do about it ? (NOT LIKE)
8. Manchester would not have lost the match if the goalkeeper __had played_____ better. (PLAY)
9. We will go swimming if it ____doesn't rain____ tomorrow. (NOT RAIN)
10. If they _______hadn't forgotten_____to post the letter, we might have gotten it in time. (NOT FORGET)
Bài 23. Fill in the correct form of the verb in brackets.
1.If John does not leave now he (MISS) ______ his train.
2. She (NOT HELP) ______me if I was in trouble.
3. If he (BE) ______more careful he wouldn't have got caught.
4. They (MAKE) ______up a lie if they had thought it would help me.
5. Your dog would not be so fat if you (NOT FEED) ______it so often.
6. If the weather (BE) ______fine tomorrow we will go to the beach.
7. She (WORRY) ______if I told her the truth.
8. If I (HAVE)______ to hold a speech I would be pretty nervous.
9. If the trip hadn't been so expensive I (MAKE)______ a reservation.
10. I (INVITE) ______you to a drink if I pass my English test.
1. If John does not leave now he (MISS) __will miss____ his train.
2. She (NOT HELP) __wouldn't help____me if I was in trouble.
3. If he (BE) ___had been___more careful he wouldn't have got caught.
4. They (MAKE) ___would have made___up a lie if they had thought it would help me.
5. Your dog would not be so fat if you (NOT FEED) ___didn't feed___it so often.
6. If the weather (BE) __is____fine tomorrow we will go to the beach.
7. She (WORRY) __would worry____if I told her the truth.
8. If I (HAVE)__had____ to hold a speech I would be pretty nervous.
9. If the trip hadn't been so expensive I (MAKE)__would have made____ a reservation.
10. I (INVITE) __will invite___ you to a drink if I pass my English test.
Bài 24. Fill in the correct form of the verb. Use the type given at the end of the sentence!
1. I ____________ (can repair) the roof myself if I __________(have) a ladder. (3)
2. You _____________ (not have) so many accidents if you ___________
(drive) more slowly (2).
3. What _____________ (you, do) if you _________(hear) the alarm? (2)
4. If you ___________ (go) to Paris where ___________ (you stay)? (1)
5. I ___________ (bring) you something to drink if you _________ me (tell) (3).
6. If anyone ___________ (attack) me, my dog ________________ (jump) at him (3).
7. If everybody ____________ (give) me 3 pounds we ______________ (have) enough. (1)
8. This ___________ ( not happen) if you __________ (be)more careful (3)
1. I _____would have been able to repair_____ (can repair) the roof myself if I ____had had____(have) a ladder. (3)
2. You ______would not have_____ (not have) so many accidents if you _____drove______
(drive) more slowly (2).
3. What _____would you do________ (you, do) if you ____heard_____(hear) the alarm? (2)
4. If you _____go______ (go) to Paris where _______will you stay____ (you stay)? (1)
5. I ____would have brought_______ (bring) you something to drink if you ____had told_____ me (tell) (3).
6. If anyone _____had attacked______ (attack) me, my dog ______would have jumped_______ (jump) at him (3).
7. If everybody _______gives____ (give) me 3 pounds we _______will have_______ (have) enough. (1)
8. This ______would not have happened_____ ( not happen) if you ____had been______ (be) more careful (3)
Bài 25. Fill in the correct form of the verb. Use the type given at the end of the sentence!
1. If you _____________ (PAINT) the walls white the room __________ (BE) much brighter (1).
2. If he ___________ (EAT) everything he _____________ (BE) ill. (3)
3. The police ___________ (ARREST) him if they __________ (CATCH) him (1)
4. What __________ (HAPPEN) if my parachute _________ (NOT OPEN) ? (1)
5. I _________ (BE) angry if he __________ (MAKE) more mistakes . (2)
6. If he ____________ (NOT BE) late we _________ (GO) without him (3)
1. If you _______paint______ (PAINT) the walls white the room _____will be_____ (BE) much brighter (1).
2. If he ______had eaten__ (EAT) everything he ______would have been_______ (BE) ill. (3)
3. The police ______will arrest_____ (ARREST) him if they ______catch____ (CATCH) him (1)
4. What _____will happen_____ (HAPPEN) if my parachute ____doesn't open_____ (NOT OPEN) ? (1)
5. I ____would be_____ (BE) angry if he _____made_____ (MAKE) more mistakes . (2)
6. If he ____hadn't been_______ (NOT BE) late we _______would have gone__ (GO) without him (3)
Bài 26. Complete the text with correct form of the word in brackets.
1. The teacher will be angry with you if you ___________ your homework (NOT DO).
2. If he _______ me what was wrong, I could help him (TELL).
3. If you hadn't watered the flowers they_______ (DIE).
4. I ________ if I had time (COME).
5. He will play tennis if the weather ________ good (BE).
6. If I __________I would have come earlier (KNOW).
7. I wouldn't say it if I ________ you (BE).
8. If she wears a necklace her dress _________ better (LOOK)
9. The children can stay up late if they ________ good (BE).
10. We would die if the plane_________ (CRASH).
1. The teacher will be angry with you if you ___don't do___ your homework (NOT DO).
2. If he ____told___ me what was wrong, I could help him (TELL).
3. If you hadn't watered the flowers they ___would have died____ (DIE).
4. I ____would come____ if I had time (COME).
5. He will play tennis if the weather ____is____ good (BE).
6. If I ____had known______ I would have come earlier (KNOW).
7. I wouldn't say it if I _____were___ you (BE).
8. If she wears a necklace her dress _____will look____ better (LOOK)
9. The children can stay up late if they ____are____ good (BE).
10. We would die if the plane____crashed_____ (CRASH).
Trên đây là toàn bộ nội dung bài tập và đáp án của 24 Bài tập câu điều kiện có đáp án. Mời bạn đọc tham khảo thêm nhiều tài liệu ôn tập Tiếng Anh cơ bản như: Tài liệu luyện kỹ năng Tiếng Anh cơ bản, Ôn tập Ngữ pháp Tiếng Anh, Luyện thi Tiếng Anh trực tuyến,... được cập nhật liên tục trên VnDoc.com.
Câu điều kiện tiếng Anh là một trong những chuyên đề Ngữ pháp tiếng Anh quan trọng đối với người học. Câu điều kiện tiếng Anh chia thành 4 loại cơ bản là:
- Câu điều kiện loại 0 - diễn tả thói quen hay sự thật hiển nhiên
Cấu trúc: If + S + V(s,es), S+ V(s,es)
- Câu điều kiện loại 1 - là câu sử dụng khi điều kiện có thực ở hiện tại.
Cấu trúc: If + S + V(s,es), S + Will/Can/shall…… + V
- Câu điều kiện loại 2 - là câu sử dụng điều kiện không có thật ở hiện tại, điều kiện trái với thực tế ở thời điểm hiện tại.
Cấu trúc: If + S + V2/ Ved, S +would/ Could/ Should…+ V
To be: were / weren't
Câu điều kiện loại 3 - diễn tả điều kiện không có thật trong quá khứ với kết quả giả định.
Cấu trúc: If + S + Had + V(pp)/Ved, S + would/ could…+ have + V(pp)/Ved
Trên đây là vắn tắt về Cấu trúc + Cách dùng các loại câu điều kiện, mời bạn đọc tham khảo, download tài liệu luyện tập tiếng Anh về câu điều kiện dưới đây. Tài liệu bao gồm đáp án dưới mỗi dạng bài tập giúp bạn học đối chiếu kết quả bài làm hiệu quả và chính xác.