Một số bài tập về cụm động từ tiếng Anh (PHRASAL VERBS)
Một số bài tập về cụm động từ tiếng Anh
Tiếp nối các bài viết trước VnDoc đã chia sẻ với các bạn về chủ đề này, trong bài viết hôm nay, VnDoc sẽ tiếp tục gửi đến bạn một số bài tập thực hành cơ bản về cụm động từ tiếng Anh. Mời các bạn cùng VnDoc luyện tập trong bài viết dưới đây.
I/ Chọn đáp án đúng trong các câu sau:
1. It was the third time in six months that the bank had been held _____ .
A. over B. down C. up D. out
2. I always run _____ of money before the end of the month.
A. out B. back C. up D. down
3. It's taking me longer to get _____ the operation than I thought.
A. through B. by C. up from D. over
4. I've just spent two weeks looking _____an aunt of mine who's been ill.
A. at B. for C. out for D. after
5. I've always got _____ well with old people.
A. off B. on C. in D. through
6. It's very cold in here. Do you mind if I turn _________ the heating?
A. down B. away C. off D. on
7. They've _____ a new tower where that old building used to be.
A. put up B. put down C. pushed up D. pushed down
8. Stephen always wanted to be an actor when he ________ up.
A. came B. grew C. brought D. settled
9. The bus only stops here to ________ passengers.
A. alight B. get on C. get off D. pick up
10. If anything urgent comes _____, you can contact me at this number.
A. across B. by C. up D. round
11. Your daughter's just started work, hasn't she? How's she getting _____?
A. by B. on C. out D. in
12. We had to turn _______ their invitation to lunch as we had a previous engagement.
A. over B. out C. up D. down
13. While driving to work, we ran out____ gas.
A. up B. of C. in D. to
14. He died ____ heart disease.
A. from B. because C. of D. in
15. The elevator is not running today. It is ________ order.
A. to B. out C. out of D. in
16. I explained ____ him what it meant.
A. to B. about C. over D. from
17. Pasteur devoted all his life _______ science.
A. for B. in C. on D. to
18. House cats are distantly related ___ lions and tigers.
A. in B. to C. of D. about
19. Is this type of soil suitable ___ growing tomatoes ?
A. for B. about C. in D. at
20. Were you aware _____ the regulations against smoking in this area ?
A. in B. with C. of D. about
21. One meter is approximately equal _____ a yard.
A. about B. on C. to D. with
22. Jane doesn't spend much money _____ clothes.
A. over B. about C. at D. on
23. She always takes good care _____ her children.
A. for B. in C. of D. with
24. William insists _____ getting up early, even on weekends.
A. on B. to C. toward D. for
25. What does this symbol refer_____ ?
A. on B. to C. for D. toward
26. The accident resulted _____ several minor injuries.
A. on B. in C. of D. at
27. Congratulations _____ your success!
A. to B. on C. in D. up
28. Mrs. Liz was accused _____ having stolen the car.
A. of B. with C. in D. upon
29. We are here to provide you _____ the best service possible.
A. of B. with C. to D. for
30. He has been absent _____ school very often lately.
A. from B. on C. in D. with
31. Vehicles also account _____ air pollution in the cities.
A. on B. at C. for D. in
32. Last night I was invited _____ a formal get-together and I enjoyed myself a great deal.
A. to B. at C. for D. about
33. The police blamed the mother_____ neglecting her child.
A. to B. for C. with D. of
34. They prevented me _____ talking to that woman .
A. from B. on C. with D. at
35. Take the number 7 bus and get __________ at Forest Road.
A. up B. down C. off D. outside
36. If you want to join this club, you must__________ this application form.
A. make up B. write down C. do up D. fill in
37. The water company will have to_______ off water supplies while repairs to the pipes are carried ___________.
A. take/in B. cut/out C. set/up D. break/to
38. He wanted to______ off all his work before he came to the cinema with us.
A. finish B. stop C. end D. put
39. They were 30 minutes later because their car _______ down.
A. got B. put C. cut D. broke
40. That problem is _______ them. We can't make _______ our mind yet.
A. out off/on B. up to/up C. away from/for D. on for/off
II/ Khoanh tròn vào đáp án đúng:
A trip to Bat Trang
Last month,my English class went on a field trip to one of the most ancient villages in Viet Nam: Bat Trang. That day all of us got (1)__________very early (2)__________ we could arrive at the village early in the morning. When we got there, we were all astonished by a variety of ceramic products, most of which are for ordinary use such as bow, cup, plates and pot.(3)_______there were up to twenty members in our class, we decided not to join the buffalo tour. Instead, we took a walk for sightseeing and shopping around. (4) __________we had visited some of the ceramic stores along the road in the village ,our teacher took us to Bat Trang Porcelain and Pottery Market. This was the most interesting part of our trip. The local people instructed us to make pottery products by themselves and introduced the tradition of the village. We were told that pottery-making skills were (5)________from generation in the village.(6)_________we left,the locals gave us small ceramic key chains as souvenirs. We really looked (7)_____ another trip to Bat Trang.
1. A. up
2. A. so
B. so that
3. A. so
B. so that
4. A. After
C. At last
5. A. turned down
B. went in for
C. passed down
D. brought out
6. A. After
C. At last
7. A. up to
B. down on
C. forward to
D. forward on
Trên đây là một số bài tập trắc nghiệm giúp bạn phân biệt về các cụm động từ tiếng Anh thường gặp. Hy vọng những bài tập này sẽ giúp bạn nắm rõ hơn về khái niệm cụm động từ nói chung và cách sử dụng của các cụm động từ phổ biến trong tiếng Anh nói riêng.
VnDoc chúc bạn học tiếng Anh hiệu quả!
Mời bạn đọc tham gia nhóm Facebook: Tiếng Anh THCS cùng VnDoc.com tham khảo thêm nhiều tài liệu ôn tập cuối kì các lớp 6 - 9, luyện thi HSG, thi vào lớp 10 môn tiếng Anh hiệu quả.