Đề kiểm tra giữa học kì 2 lớp 12 môn Tiếng Anh năm 2021 số 1
Đề kiểm tra giữa học kì 2 tiếng Anh 12 có đáp án
Đề luyện thi môn Tiếng Anh lớp 12 giữa kì 2 có đáp án nằm trong bộ đề ôn thi giữa học kì 2 lớp 12 năm học 2021 do VnDoc.com sưu tầm và đăng tải. Đề kiểm tra Tiếng Anh lớp 12 gồm nhiều dạng bài tập Tiếng Anh khác nhau được biên tập bám sát chương trình học tại Nhà trường giúp học sinh lớp 12 ôn tập kiến thức đã học hiệu quả.
* Xem thêm Bộ đề thi tiếng Anh giữa kì 2 lớp 12 có đáp án
Mark the letter A, B, C or D to indicate the sentence that is closest in meaning to the sentence given in the following questions
1. I did not understand what the lecturer was saying because I had not read his book.
A. What the lecturer wrote and said was too difficult for me to understand.
B. The lecturer's book which I had not read was difficult to understand.
C. I found it very difficult to understand what the lecturer said in his book.
D. I would have understood what the lecturer was saying if I had read his book.
2. The roads were slippery because it snowed heavily.
A. It snowed too heavily to make the roads slippery.
B. The heavy snow prevented the roads from-being slippery.
C. Thanks to the slip of the roads, it snowed heavily.
D. The heavy snow made the roads slippery.
3. No one in the team can play better than John.
A. John plays well but the others play better.
B. John as well as other players of the team plays very well.
C. Everyone in the team, but John, plays very well.
C. John is the best player of the team.
4. He only feels happy whenever he does not have much work to do.
A. The more he works, the happier he feels.
B. The less he works, the happier he feels.
C. His work makes him feel happy.
D. He feels happier and happier with his work.
5. Peter said if he were me he would stop smoking.
A. I wanted Peter to stop smoking and he promised to do.
B. Peter promised to stop smoking.
C. Peter said he would stop smoking as I wanted him to.
D. Peter advised me to stop smoking.
Read the following passage and mark the letter A, B, C or D to indicate the correct answer for each of the blanks from 6 to 15
Making time to read is something we all know we (6) ______ do, but who schedules book reading time every day? There are very few. That is why adding book reading to your daily schedule and sticking to it can improve discipline.
Books are (7) ______. You can take them almost anywhere. As such, you can learn almost anywhere too.
By reading more books and exposing yourself (8) ______ new and more complete information, you will also be able to come up with more (9) ______ ideas. When you have read so many books on the subject, you can combine lessons from all of them into new (10) ______.
Reading gives you something to talk about. Have you ever (11) ______ out of things to talk about with your best friend, wife or husband? This can be uncomfortable. It (12) ______ even make married couples wonder if their marriage is in trouble. (13) ______, if you read a lot of books, you will always have something to talk about. You can discuss various plots in the novels you read, you can discuss the things you are learning in the business books you are reading as well. The possibilities of sharing are endless.
Books are inexpensive (14) ______ to help you reduces stress. Many readers relax by reading. Compared with the person who gets home from work and immediately (15) ______ on the TV news, you are going from work stress to crime stress. TV as a source of relaxation is too full of loud commercials and fast moving violent images. If relaxation is something you want, turn off the TV or computer and pick up a book.
6. A. should B. mustn't C. needn't D. might
7. A. durable B. portable C. changeable D. capable
8. A. for B. with C. on D. to
9. A. disapproved B. dull C. creative D. required
10. A. solutions B. problems C. troubles D. difficulties
11. A. put B. had C. walked D. run
12. A. should B. might C. need D. must
13. A. So B. Therefore C. However D. Although
14. A. entertainment B. tension C. machinery D. media
15. A. gets B. turns C. takes D. makes
Mark the letter A, B, C or D to indicate the underlined part that needs correction in each of the following questions
16. Although species evolve differently, most of them adapt to a specific habitat or environment that best meets their survive needs.
A. Although B. that C. survive D. adapt
17. They congratulated me on pass the final exam the day before.
A. pass B. the day before C. congratulated D. on
18. Such human activities as pollution, drainage of wetlands, cutting and clearing of forests, urbanization, and road and dam construction has destroyed or :seriously damaged available habitats.
A. clearing B. has destroyed C. Such D. drainage
19 .Body language is quiet and secret, but most powerful language of all.
A. most B. Body language C. secret D. of all
20. He said that if he has more time, he would come to see us.
A. said that B. has C. come to see D. more time
Read the following passage and mark the letter A, B, C, or D on your answer sheet to indicate the correct answer to each of the questions from 21 to 25.
Giving a dinner party is a wonderful way of entertain people. You can also make new friends and give others the chance to get to know each other better.
It needs planning, though. First, make a guest list, with different kinds of people and a mixture of women and men. Don’t invite couples because they aren’t so much fun.
When you know who can come, find out what they like to eat and drink. Note down any who are vegetarians, or who can’t eat or drink certain things for religious seasons.
Then plan their menu. Include a first course, a choice of main courses and a dessert, plus lots of people’s favourite drinks.
The next thing to do is the shopping. Make sure buy more than enough of everything, and that someone can help you carry it!
On the day, start cooking early. Give people appetizers like Greek mezze or Spanish tapas, so they don’t get hungry if they have to wait. Serve the delicious meal, sit down with your guests and have a good time – you’ve earned it!
21. Which of the following is NOT mentioned as the purpose of giving a dinner party?
A. to get people to know more about their host and hostess.
B. to help people to know each other better.
C. to make new friends.
D. to entertain people.
22. When giving a dinner party, you should NOT invite ........................ .
A. those who are vegetarians.
B. husbands and wives.
C. both women and men.
D. those who can’t eat or drink certain things.
23. According to the passage, starters should be served ...........................
A. because the guests may be hungry while having to wait
B. because the guests like eating them
C. because the guests want to have a good time together
D. because the guests want to eat them while having to wait
24. What should you do while the guests are having their evening meal?
A. Sit down with the guests to show your politeness.
B. Stand beside the guests without doing anything.
C. Sit down with the guests and have a good time.
D. Only serve the guests with the food.
25. What is a wonderful way of entertain people?
A. Giving a party
B. Going shopping
C. Planning the menu
D. Giving a dinner party
Mark the letter A, B, C or D to indicate the correct answer to each of the following questions
26. On behalf of _______ host country; Prime Minister Phan Van Khai declared the 22nd SEA Games opening ceremony.
A. a B. an C. the D. Ø
27.The room ________ once a day.
A. should clean B. should be cleaning
C. should be cleaned D. should have cleaned
28.The fast we finish, _______.
A. the sooner we can leave B. we can leave sooner and sooner
C. the sooner can we leave D. we can leave the sooner
29.Mai Huong congratulated me ……………………….the exam with flying colors.
A. of passing B. about passing C. on passing D. to pass
30. That’s the doctor for________________ Cliff works.
A. that B. which C. whom D. whose
31.Peter: “I thought your baseball game was a lot better, Phil”
- Phil: “___________”
A. You are kidding. I thought it was bad B. Yes, please. Just a little
C. Thank you. I’d love to. D. No, thanks. I think I can do.
32. I can’t ____________ the habit of walking at six in the morning.
A. get out of B. get round to C. get up to D. get off
33.Tommy joined the English Club _______ to increase his circle of friends.
A. because his desire B. because of his desire
C. because of he desired D. due to he desired..
34. It is believed _____________ cause insomnia.
A. too much caffeine which B. that too much caffeine
C. it in too much caffeine D. too much caffeine that
35. The harder you try, _____________ .
A. the most you achieve B. you achieve the more
C. the more you achieved. D.the better achieve you have
36. - “ More coffee?, Anybody?”
- “ ..............................”
A. I don’t agree, I’m afraid B. Yes, I’d love to
C. Yes, please D. It’s right, I think
37.I………………. ruined her if I bought her everything she asked for.
A) were B) will be C) would have been D) would be
38.They seemed ………………when I told them the news.
A. surprising B. to surprise C. being surprising D. to be surprised
39. you should realize the …………………of the important of having a healthy diet.
A. unaware B. awareness C. awaring D. aware
40. The villagers are in danger .…………..being killed by an earthquake.
A. with B. of C. for D. on
41. Marie,______________ brother helps me a lot, called me last night.
A. that B. whom C. which D. whose
Mark the letter A, B, C, or D on your answer sheet to indicate the word(s) CLOSEST in meaning to the underlined word(s) in each of the following questions.
42. The aim of the competition is to stimulate the spirit of studying English among students.
A. excitement B. purpose C. sponsor D. result
43. He can’t make up his mind whether he should phone her or not.
A. decide B. wonder C. know D. recognize
Mark the letter A, B, C, or D on your answer sheet to indicate the word(s) OPPOSITE in meaning to the underlined word(s) in each of the following questions.
44. It was apparent from her face that she was really upset.
A. obvious B. indistinct C. transparent D. evident
45. My cousin tends to look on the bright side in any circumstance.
A. be optimistic B. be pessimistic C. be confident D. be smart
Mark the letter A ,B, C or D to indicate the word whose underlined part differs from the other three in pronunciation in each of the following questions.
46. A. games B. teams C. medals D. events
47. A. organize B. spirit C. title D. surprising
48. A. figure B. average C. organize D. grow
Mark the letter A, B, C, or D on your answer sheet to indicate the word that differs from the other three in the position of primary stress in each of the following questions.
49. A. festival B. badminton C. participant D. organize
50. A. solidarity B. energetic C. excellently D. combination
Tải trọn bộ nội dung đề thi và đáp án tại đây: Đề kiểm tra giữa học kì 2 lớp 12 môn Tiếng Anh năm học 2021 số 1. Ngoài ra, mời bạn đọc tham khảo thêm nhiều tài liệu ôn tập Tiếng Anh lớp 12 cả năm khác như: Để học tốt Tiếng Anh lớp 12, Bài tập Tiếng Anh lớp 12 theo từng Unit trực tuyến, Đề thi học kì 1 lớp 12, Đề thi học kì 2 lớp 12,... được cập nhật liên tục trên VnDoc.com.