Đề thi giữa kì 2 lớp 12 môn tiếng Anh năm 2020 - 2021 số 1
Đề kiểm tra tiếng Anh lớp 12 giữa học kì 2 có đáp án
Đề thi tiếng Anh giữa học kì 2 lớp 12 có đáp án dưới đây nằm trong bộ đề thi giữa học kì 2 lớp 12 môn Anh năm 2020 - 2021 do VnDoc.com sưu tầm và đăng tải. Đề thi tiếng Anh giữa kì 2 lớp 12 có đáp án bao gồm nhiều dạng bài tập tiếng Anh lớp 12 chương trình mới khác nhau giúp các em ôn tập những kỹ năng tiếng Anh cơ bản hiệu quả.
Choose the word whose underlined part is pronounced differently from that of the others:
1. A. thick B. thus C. south D. thought
2. A. caused B. increased C. practised D. promised
Choose the word which is stressed differently from the rest.
3. A. Asian B. position C. resort D. competitor
4. A. milkmaid B. intensive C. scoreboard D. penalty
Choose the best option (A, B, C or D).
5. - “Jane doesn’t seem to be interested in learning to swim.”
- “You’re right. Betty is the __________ of the two.”
A. most enthusiastic
B. more enthusiastic
D. enthusiastic than
6. Tropical fruits _______ durians, mangosteens and rambutans are exported all over the world.
7. My brother passed his final exams thanks to encouragements from my family.
8. The 22nd SEA Games _______ a good impression on sports enthusiasts.
9. You look __________ you haven’t slept.
D. as if
10. I must ask my parents __________ permission before I can go with you.
11. This man __________ all his life to science.
12. An international medical conference initiated by Davison resulted in the birth of the League of Red Cross.
A. was the result of
C. led to
D. was brought about
13. We _______ for some hours before we _______ that we had lost our way.
A. were walking / realized .
B. walked / had realized.
C. had been walking / realized
D. had been walked / realized
14. __________ we move into the new house, we will have a party.
A. During the time
C. As soon as
15. People are watching the __________ of gymnastics competitors.
16. John passed his exam with a distinction. __________.
A. He was too lazy to succeed
B. He must study very hard
C. He must have studied very hard
D. He needs studying harder
17. John still feels like a cigarette though he gave __________ smoking a few years ago.
18. Remember to __________ your shoes when you come to a Japanese house.
A. take after
B. put in
C. take off
D. put on
19. Peter- “Jane, it’s too dark in here.”
Mary- “Well, what can I do for you?”
Peter- “ __________.”
A. Can you turn off the light?
B. Oh, I can’t
C. Can you help me?
D. Turn on the light, please.
20. Jack- “Your cousin is very beautiful, Paul.”
Jerry- “Of course. __________. Her mother used to win a beauty contest in her city.”
A. She takes in her mother
B. Her mother looks after her.
C. She takes after her mother
D. She names after her mother.
21. Jason - “My brother’s coughed a lot recently.”
Peter- “Does he smoke?”
Jason- “Yes, a lot.”
Jason- “Well, it’s a good idea. I’ll tell him about that.”
A. Why doesn’t he give up smoking?”
B. Why does he stop smoking?
C. He shouldn’t go on coughing.
D. He shouldn’t give up smoking.
Mark the letter A, B, C, or D on your answer sheet to show the underlined part that needs
correction in each of the following questions.
22. Modern farms are much larger than that of former times.
23. Bob only goes to bed before he has finished all his homework.
C. has finished
24. When she came in from the rainstorm, she looked as though she took a shower with her clothes on.
Read the passage and fill in each blank with a suitable word
The Red Cross is an international humanitarian agency with national affiliates in almost every country in the world. The Red Cross movement began with the founding of the International Committee for the Relief of (25)______ Wounded in 1863 (now the International Committee of the Red Cross); it was (26)______ to care for victims of battle (27)______ wartime, but later national Red Cross societies were created to aid in the prevention and relief of human suffering generally. Its peacetime activities include first aid, accident prevention, water (28)______, training of nurses' aids, maintenance of maternal and child welfare centers and medical clinics, blood banks, and numerous (29)______ services. The Red Cross is the name used in countries under nominally Christian sponsorship; the Red Crescent (adopted on the insistence of the Ottoman Empire in 1906) is the name used in Muslim countries.
25. A. the B. an C. one D. a
26. A. set B. established C. done D. found
27. A. on B. before C. in D. to
28. A. safety B. safe C. safer D. safely
29. A. other B. another C. the other D. others
Read the following passage carefully and answer the questions below:
Women in Britain are better off today than they used to be. At the beginning of the 19th century, women seem to have almost no rights at all. They could not vote, or even sign a contract. Their marriages were arranged by their parents. They were once kept at home and if they were allowed to work, they were never given responsible jobs. It is strange to think that, as far as we know, most women were happy with that situation.
Today the position is quite different. Women now can vote and choose their own husbands. In 1970, a law was passed to give them an equal share of property in the case of divorce, and in the same year the Equal Pay Act gave them the right to get equal payment with men for work of equal value.
Despite these changes, there is no doubt that there are still great differences in status between men and women. Many employers seem to ignore the Equal Pay Act. It is also more difficult for a woman to get promotion than a man does.
There is sex distinction in England although it has not been so serious as it was. More and more women go out to work, earn more money, get high positions in the society, and live independently. However , there are two great problems to solve. The first problem is men's attitude. They always think that women are lower in rank and are the weaker sex. We do not know exactly how long it will take them to change their mind. And the other problem which is much more difficult is women's attitude. They should be ready to struggle to change their fate.
30. At the beginning of the 19th century ,___________.
A. British women were better off than today.
B. Women seemed to have almost no rights at all.
C. British women had the right to vote.
D. British women had the right to choose their husbands.
31. The Equal Pay Act was passed in ___________.
32. Which of these following sentences is NOT TRUE?
A. All the employers in Britain obey the Equal Pay Act.
B. In 1970, a law was passed to give British women the right to share property equally in the case of divorce.
C. The Equal Pay Act gave British women the right to get equal payment with men for work of equal value.
D. Women cannot get promotion as equal as men.
33. What is men's attitude?
A. They consider women to be equal to them.
B. They always look down upon women.
C. They consider women the stronger sex.
D. They consider women the weaker sex.
34. What should women do to eliminate sex distinction?
A. They should suffer with pleasure.
B. They should struggle to change their fate.
C. They should earn more money.
D. All are correct
Rewrite the following sentences without changing their original meaning. Begin with the given words:
35. I can’t swim as well as my mother can.
My mother ___________________________________________.
36. How many countries participated in the last Olympic Games? (Use “take part in” to rewrite the sentence)
How many ___________________________________________.
37. Lisa is the best daughter in my family.
38. A new car is more expensive than an old one.
An old car ___________________________________________.
39. I feel miserable when it is hot.
The hotter ___________________________________________.
40. Nobody in my class is more beautiful than Maria.
Trên đây là Đề thi giữa kì 2 tiếng Anh lớp 12 có đáp án. Mời bạn đọc tham khảo thêm nhiều tài liệu ôn tập Tiếng Anh 12 khác như: Để học tốt Tiếng Anh lớp 12, Bài tập Tiếng Anh lớp 12 theo từng Unit trực tuyến, Đề thi học kì 1 lớp 12, Đề thi học kì 2 lớp 12,... được cập nhật liên tục trên VnDoc.com.
Mời quý thầy cô, các bậc phụ huynh tham gia nhóm Facebook: Tài liệu ôn tập lớp 12 để tham khảo chi tiết các tài liệu học tập lớp 12 các môn năm 2020 - 2021.