Bài tập tiếng Anh lớp 12 Unit 1 Life Stories
Bài tập tiếng Anh Unit 1 lớp 12 Life Stories có đáp án
Tổng hợp Bài tập tiếng Anh 12 Unit 1 Life Stories có đáp án dưới đây do VnDoc.com đăng tải với nhiều dạng bài tập trắc nghiệm tiếng Anh lớp 12 chương trình mới thường gặp giúp các em ôn tập Từ vựng - Ngữ pháp tiếng Anh trọng tâm Unit 1 SGK tiếng Anh 12 Life stories mới hiệu quả.
* Xem thêm hướng dẫn học Unit 1 SGK tiếng Anh lớp 12 đầy đủ tại:
Part I. PHONETICS
Exercise 1. Mark the letter A. B. C or D to indicate the word or phrase which does not contain the same sound as the other three.
|1. A. aid||B. aide||C. add||D. ade|
|2. A. aisle||B. all||C. isle||D. I'll|
|3. A. they're||B. their||C. there||D. the|
|4. A. bus||B. by||C. bye||D. buy|
|5. A. carrot||B. carat||C. carries||D. caret|
|6. A. sense||B. sent||C. scents||D. cents|
|7. A. does||B. doze||C. doughs||D. dust|
|8. A. form||B. four||C. fore||D. for|
|9. A. praise||B. prays||C. prize||D. preys|
|10. A. cite||B. site||C. sink||D. sight|
Part II. VOCABULARY
Exercise 2. Mark the letter A, B, C or D to indicate the correct answer to each of the following questions.
11. Martin Luther King devoted his life to the ____ of voting right for black people.
12. His father used to be a ____ professor at the university. Many students worshipped him..
13. Mark Zuckerberg's enormous success has taken a lot of hardwork and ____.
14. I can't believe she didn't do anything for the company. I will ____ and be in charge.
A. take over
B. take on
C. take up
D. take in
15. During the Medieval period, people were made public ____ of being witches.
16. That disable boy's victory in the race set the ____ example to all students in the school.
D. most convenient
17. A ____ once said “It is a sweet and honourable thing to die for your country.”
18. He is ____-influenced by his father and grandfather. His behaviors and decisions are exactly the same.
19. IPhone 7 is the latest ____ in the field of smartphone design of Apple.
20. Einstein ____ a great impact on modern physics.
21. It is the underserved ____ that damaged his life and his family.
22. At the age of 50, Robby William ____ his career after spending his twenty years playing electric guitar.
23. She has a wonderful voice but unfortunately, she never gets the ____ to sing in public.
24. Michael Hart was the ____ of Project Gutenberg, one of the longest-lasting online library projects.
25. She is not a very nice girl. She seems to enjoy the ____ of others.
26. We ____ the kittens carefully and sold them for a good profit.
A. brought up
B. grew up
27. The stores will inevitably end up ____ with each other to increase their market shares.
28. Bill Gates has made large donations to numerous ____ organizations.
29. Thanks to the help of the teacher, she is _____ encouraging progress in math.
30. The ____ of the soil reduced the productivity of the farm.
Exercise 3. Mark the letter A, B, C or D to indicate the word(s) CLOSEST in meaning to the underlined word(s) in each of the following questions.
31. The speaker paused. He hesitated to answer the direct question raised by the audience.
A. decided B. continued C. determined D. wavered
32. Her courage not only inspired her followers but moved her rivals as well.
A. depressed B. motivated C. overlooked D. rejected
33. The government's plans to cut taxes really stimulated the economy.
A. discouraged B. started C. weakened D. improved
34. Chauvet Jeans was a well-known nineteen century painter whose paintings are extraordinarily sophisticated.
A. old-fashioned B. basic C. primitive D. complex
35. Some rock stars started off as rebels with strong and broad principles.
A. beliefs B. honour C. formulas D. law
36. I used to idolize David Beckham because of his dedication and talent.
A. hate B. impress C. worship D. detest
37. Linda is very outgoing, however, her brother is quite reserved.
A. open B. sociable C. easygoing D. shy
38. Ideally, I'd like to work at home but there is no way my boss agrees with that.
A. Generally B. Luckily C. Preferably D. Fortunately
39. Morgan Freeman began to land big roles and won critical and popular acclaim after years of small parts and limited success.
A. arrive B. gain C. deliver D. Cause
40. Recognizable smaller than most of the kids in his age group, Lionel Messi was diagnosed by doctors as suffering from a hormone deficiency that restricted his growth.
A. inadequacy B. sufficiency C. abundance D. strength
Exercise 4. Mark the letter A, B, C or D to indicate the word(s) OPPOSITE in meaning to the underlined word(s) in each of the following questions.
41. During the Great Depression, many people suddenly found themselves jobless after a night.
42. I was relieved by the news that they had gone home safe and sound.
43. She comes from an admirable and respectable family.
44. They are going to have to amputate his left leg which was badly injured in the accident.
C. cut off
45. Her identity will never be revealed in order to protect her children from being judged.
46. There are several interesting things emerging from the report.
C. coming up
47. This boy is poorly-educated and doesn't know how to behave properly.
48. I prefer reading fictional stories to hearing about real events.
49. It is not fair to give such a challenging task to an inexperienced staff like her.
50. White blood cells help defend the body against infection.
Part III. GRAMMAR
Exercise 5. Mark the letter A, B, C or D to indicate the correct answer to each of the
51. We ____ to the hospital to visit Mike when he ____ to say that he was fine.
A. were driving - was calling
B. drove - called
C. were driving – called
D. drove - was calling
52. What ____ to you on Sunday night?
C. was happening
D. would happen
53. Last night, we ____ for you for ages but you never ____ up.
A. waited – showed
B. would wait - showed
C. were waiting - were showing
D. waited – was showing
54. We ____ our quality time when the unexpected guess ____.
A. had – came
B. were having - came
C. had been having – came
D. have had – would have come
55. Since they ____ us they ____ to visit us last Sunday, we ____ forward to the day.
A. were telling - came - looked
B . would tell – would visit - would look
C. told – would come - were looking
D. tell - are coming - will look
56. I ____ out last night but at the last minute I ____ that I had a quiz this morning. A. was going to go – realized
B. went – realized
C. had gone – would realize
D. would go - have realized
57. She hasn't paid as much attention to her children as she ____ since she ____ working.
A. does – starts
B. did - started
C. was doing - was starting
D. has done - would start
58. My brother ____ at the road when he ____ into a hole.
A. wasn't looking - was falling
B. didn't look - has fallen
C. wasn't looking – fell
D. won't look - fall
59. Magellan ____ the first European who ____ through the strait.
A. was - was sailing
B. was being - was sailing
C. had been – sailed
D. was - sailed
60. The first self-sufficient village in Britain ____ the Norman's idea. They were some
strange invaders who ____ to change the country in a better way.
A. was – hoped
B. is - have hoped
C. have been - were hoping
D. was being - had hoped
Đáp án có trong file tải: Trắc nghiệm tiếng Anh 12 Unit 1 Life Stories có đáp án. Mời bạn đọc tham khảo thêm nhiều tài liệu ôn tập Tiếng Anh 12 khác như: Để học tốt Tiếng Anh lớp 12, Bài tập Tiếng Anh lớp 12 theo từng Unit trực tuyến, Đề thi học kì 1 lớp 12, Đề thi học kì 2 lớp 12,... được cập nhật liên tục trên VnDoc.com.
Mời quý thầy cô, các bậc phụ huynh tham gia nhóm Facebook: Tài liệu ôn tập lớp 12 để tham khảo chi tiết các tài liệu học tập lớp 12 các môn năm 2020 - 2021.