Đề thi giữa kì 2 lớp 12 môn tiếng Anh năm 2020 - 2021 số 3
Đề kiểm tra tiếng Anh lớp 12 giữa học kì 2 có đáp án
Đề thi tiếng Anh giữa học kì 2 lớp 12 có đáp án dưới đây nằm trong bộ đề thi giữa học kì 2 lớp 12 môn Anh năm 2020 - 2021 do VnDoc.com sưu tầm và đăng tải. Đề thi giữa kì 2 môn tiếng Anh lớp 12 có đáp án tổng hợp nhiều dạng bài tập tiếng Anh lớp 12 mới khác nhau giúp các em ôn tập những kỹ năng tiếng Anh cơ bản hiệu quả.
Read the following passage and mark the letter A, B, C, or D on your answer sheet to indicate the correct answer to each of the questions from 1 to 5.
There are a number of natural disasters that can strike across the globe. Two that are frequently linked to one another are earthquakes and tsunamis. Both of them can cause a great amount of devastation when they hit. However, tsunamis are the direct result of earthquakes and cannot happen without them.
The Earth has three main parts. They are the crust, the mantle, and the core. The crust is the outer layer of the Earth. It is not a single piece of land. Instead, it is comprised of a number of plates. There are a few enormous plates and many smaller ones. These plates essentially rest upon the mantle, which is fluid. As a result, the plates are in constant - yet slow – motion. The plates may move away from or towards other plates. In some cases, they collide violently with the plates adjoining them. The movement of the plates causes tension in the rock. Over a long time, this tension may build up. When it is released, an earthquake happens.
Tens of thousands of earthquakes happen every year. The vast majority are so small that only scientific instruments can perceive them. Others are powerful enough that people can feel them, yet they cause little harm or damage. More powerful earthquakes, however, can cause buildings, bridges, and other structures to collapse. They may additionally injure and kill thousands of people and might even cause the land to change its appearance.
Since most of the Earth's surface is water, numerous earthquakes happen beneath the planet's oceans. Underwater earthquakes cause the seafloor to move. This results in the displacement of water in the ocean. When this occurs, a tsunami may form. This is a wave that forms on the surface and moves in all directions from the place where the earthquake happened. A tsunami moves extremely quickly and can travel thousands of kilometers. As it approaches land, the water near the coast gets sucked out to sea. This causes the tsunamis to increase in height. Minutes later, the tsunami arrives. A large tsunami - once more than ten meters in height - can travel far inland. As it does that, it can flood the land, destroy human settlements, and kill large numbers of people.
1. The word "it" in bold in paragraph 2 refers to ________
A. The mantle B. The crust C. The Earth D. The core
2. The word “perceive” in bold in paragraph 3 is closest in meaning to ________
A. locate B. comprehend C. prevent D. detect
3. Which of the following is NOT mentioned in paragraph 3 about earthquakes?
A. How many people they typically kill B. How often powerful ones take place
C. What kind of damage they can cause D. How severe the majority of them are
4. Based on the passage, what is probably TRUE about tsunamis?
A. They kill more people each year than earthquakes.
B. They are able to move as fast as the speed of sound.
C. They can be deadly to people standing nearshore.
D. They cannot damage ships sailing on the ocean.
5. What is the passage mainly about?
A. How earthquakes and tsunamis occur.
B. What kind of damage natural disasters can cause.
C. Why tsunamis are deadlier than earthquakes.
D. When earthquakes are the most likely to happen.
Mark the letter A, B, C, or D on your answer sheet to indicate the underlined part that needs correction in each of the following questions.
6. Facebook.com’s server IP address could not find in Google Chrome browser because of the error of Internet connection.
A. Facebook.com’s B. could not find
C. because of D. Internet connection
7. My girlfriend and I drink sometimes coffee in the morning in a café near my school.
A. girlfriend B. drink sometimes C. in D. near my school
8. There were inconsiderate amounts of money wasted on large building projects.
A. inconsiderate B. amounts C. wasted D. building
Mark the letter A, B, C, or D on your answer sheet to indicate the word(s) CLOSEST in meaning to the underlined word(s) in each of the following questions.
9. Hundreds of thousands of elephants were illegally poached and their tusks sold for profits.
A. conserved B. preserved C. captured D. hunted
10. The Bali Tiger was declared extinct in 1937 due to hunting and habitat loss.
A. reserve B. generation C. natural environment D. diversity
Mark the letter A, B, C, or D on your answer sheet to indicate the word(s) OPPOSITE in meaning to the underlined word(s) in each of the following questions.
11. The research, contrary to common belief, revealed some rather unexpected results.
A. impressive B. predictable C. surprising D. positive
12. Dinosaurs were unable to survive severe ice age weather conditions.
A. remain alive B. persist C. get through D. lose their lives
Read the following passage and mark the letter A, B, C, or D on your answer sheet to indicate the correct word or phrase that best fits each of the numbered blanks from 13 to 17.
ELEARNING BECOMES AN IMPORTANT SECTOR
With the internet now being able to make the impossible possible, learning has shifted to an online medium. Countries all over the world are now beginning to enter the sector of eLearning, (31) _______ people to have a broader access to learning opportunities that weren't otherwise possible in the past. The reason why this industry has become so popular over the last few years is the convenience it offers to those (32) _______ are interested in it. Traditionally, if a person wanted to learn something or that can teach you to get a degree, they would have to go to a university, a college, or any (33) _______ giving you a certification at the end.
With online learning, on the other hand, people don't have to wake up every morning just to attend a few lectures. People are now able to learn from the comfort of their own homes, and according to their preferred timings. Not to mention all the retention benefits that eLearning designs offer. (34) _______ are people bound by time and location to learn, but the process has also become a lot easier than what it used to be before eLearning became a thing.
Even though there are several benefits to developing eLearning sectors in countries, there are still a few nations that are moving relatively backward in this industry. There are, of course, countries that have already gone far ahead of others, setting up more and more eLearning (35) _______. These are the countries in which eLearning has already become an important sector.
13. A. making B. providing C. allowing D. holding
14. A. who B. whom C. when D. why
15. A. constitution B. institution C. restitution D. destitution
16. A. Not until B. Never C. None D. No longer
17. A. sectors B. platforms C. qualifications D. locations
Mark the letter A, B, C, D on your answer sheet to indicate the word whose underlined part differs from the other three in each of the following question.
18. A. court B. pour C. course D. courage
19. A. distinguished B. developed C. damaged D. sacrificed
Mark the letter A, B, c, or D on your answer sheet to indicate the word that differs from the other three in the position of primary stress in each of the following questions.
20. A. nature B. marriage C. value D. belief
21. A. official B. disturbance C. informal D. recommend
Mark the letter A, B, C, or D on your answer sheet to indicate the option that best completes each of the following exchanges.
22. Jenny and Kathy are arranging to see a new film.
- Jenny: “Why don’t you come over and see the new film with me?”
- Kathy: “ _______ ”
A. Great, I’d love to. B. Oh, I’m afraid so.
C. You’re welcome. D. Wow! You didn’t realize that.
23. Henry and Ellen, two friends, are talking about life during COVID-19 lockdown.
- Henry: “Some people took advantage of COVID-19 to sell medical mask with cut-throat price.
- Ellen: “______. They didn’t realize how mean they are.”
A. I don’t think so B. I couldn’t agree with you more
C. You are kidding D. I’m considering bout it
Mark the letter A, B, C, or D on your answer sheet to indicate the correct answer to each of the following questions.
24. Older people and people with pre-existing medical conditions appear to be more _________ become severely ill with the COVID-19 virus.
A. vulnerability B. vulnerable C. invulnerability D. vulnerably
25. It is advisable that we should avoid _________ leaded petrol to save the environment.
A. use B. used C. to use D. using
26. I don't think that everyone likes the way he makes fun, _________ ?
A. do I B. do they C. don't I D. don't they
27. Weather experts said that Vietnam should expect up to 27 waves of cold air _________ from the north this winter.
A. coming B. that coming C. came D. comes
28. A defensive player may only hold, block or pull a / an _______ who is touching or holding the ball.
a. audience b. referee c. goalie d. opponent
29. _______ is a sport in which people or teams race against each other in boats with oars.
a. Rowing b. Windsurfing c. Swimming d. Water polo
30. A ________ is a story long enough to fill a complete book, in which the characters and events are usually imaginary.
a. pleasure b. novel c. page d. review
31. I’m enjoying my English class, but it’s about to _ to an end.
A. come B. get C. reach D. arrive
32. The firemen fought for three hours before they managed to ______ the fire.
A. Give up B. break off C. cut back D. put out
33. Although they are poor, they have _______ five children well.
A. brought up B. Grown up C. taken up D. pulled up
34. She has not written to me since we _____________ last time.
A. met B. to meet C. will meet D. was meeting
35. People should stop smoking _____ it is extremely detrimental to health.
A. although B. despite C. because D. because of
Complete the following sentences with the appropriate form of the words in brackets
36. Losing your credit card is (bad) _______________________ than losing your money.
37. Jane is not (intelligent) ________________ as her brother.
38. Mr Bush is the (delightful) _________________________ person I have ever known.
39. His latest film is (interesting) _____________________ than his previous ones.
40. Today English is the (international) _________________ of language.
Complete the following sentences with the proper prepositions
41. Mrs. Brown is often worried__________ money.
42. On behalf ________ our group, he made a speech at the meeting.
43. His opinion is different _________ mine.
44. If you don’t pay attention _________ the teacher, you won’t understand the lesson
45. She insisted ________ him wearing the red tie.
Rewrite the following sentences using cues below
46. The shelf is too high for me to reach. (using “enough to”)
=> The shelf ________________________________________________
47. The box is so heavy that we can’t lift it. (using “such...that”)
=> It _______________________________________________
48. As he has much money, he wants to spend much.
=> The _________________________________________
49. Many visitors just came to gold bridge, Thay are impressed by the beauty of Danang
=> Hardly _________________________________________
50. If you read many books, you will have much knowledge.
=> The ______________________________________.
Trên đây là Đề thi giữa kì 2 tiếng Anh lớp 12 có đáp án. Mời bạn đọc tham khảo thêm nhiều tài liệu ôn tập Tiếng Anh 12 khác như: Để học tốt Tiếng Anh lớp 12, Bài tập Tiếng Anh lớp 12 theo từng Unit trực tuyến, Đề thi học kì 1 lớp 12, Đề thi học kì 2 lớp 12,... được cập nhật liên tục trên VnDoc.com.
Mời quý thầy cô, các bậc phụ huynh tham gia nhóm Facebook: Tài liệu ôn tập lớp 12 để tham khảo chi tiết các tài liệu học tập lớp 12 các môn năm 2020 - 2021.