Đề kiểm tra tiếng Anh lớp 11 Unit 9 Cities of the future
Bài tập Unit 9 lớp 11 Cities of the future có đáp án
Bài tập tiếng Anh 11 Unit 9 Cities of the future có đáp án nằm trọng bộ bài tập tiếng Anh lớp 11 chương trình mới theo từng Unit do VnDoc.com sưu tầm và đăng tải. Đề kiểm tra Unit 9 Cities of the future lớp 11 có đáp án tổng hợp những dạng bài tập tiếng Anh lớp 11 chương trình mới khác nhau giúp các em nâng cao kỹ năng tiếng Anh cơ bản.
Choose the word or phrase among A, B, C or D that best fits the blank space in the following passage. PREDICTIONS ABOUT THE CITIES OF THE FUTURE
Cities are built to (1) ____ and prosper. Over the years, we have learned to transform our surroundings according to our needs. We have (2) ____ through mountains to make more land and created artificial islands to make skyscrapers. City planning, as an organized profession, has existed for less than a century. (3) ____, a considerable (4) ____ of evidence (both archaeological and historical) proves the existence of fully planned cities in ancient times. Over the years, humans have made some mistakes in terms of using an excessive amount of resources for cities. This gives rise to the question of (5) ____ sustainable the cities of the future would be.
We might be (6) ____ at smart cities in which street lights would only switch on when you are close (7) ____ traffic light would be eliminated by smart driving. The cities of the future would try to save our resources (8) ____ than deplete them.
An example of an advanced city is Kansas. Plans are in place to make Kansas a smart futuristic city in the future. Planners are considering introducing sensors to monitor the water mains. Warning would be issued to city officials when the (9) ____ requires repair or replacement. In this way, the city would never be at risk of having broken pipes.
While the idea sounds fantastic, a large amount of rational critique has called this plan an oversold dream. Amy Glasmier is an urban planning professor at MIT. She is a smart city skeptic who believes that all the research and talk is great but gravely (10) ____.
1. A. find B. act C. survive D. celebrate
2. A. experience B. cut C. decrease D. pollute
3. A. But B. Therefore C. Although D. However
4. A. number B. amount C. percent D. static
5. A. what B. how C. when D. which
6. A. looked B. look C. looking D. looks
7. A. at B. by C. of D. from
8. A. rather B. more C. would D. less
9. A. requests B. research C. infrastructure D. dependence
10. A. consider B. future C. urban D. oversold
Choose the best answer A, B, C or D to complete the sentences.
1. Don't leave anything behind, ____?
A. do you
B. don't you
C. will you
D. shall we
2. That isn't Bill driving, ____?
A. is it
B. is that
C. isn't that
D. isn't it
3. Nobody likes the play, ____?
A. do they
B. don't they
C. didn't they
D. did they
4. The children can read English, ____?
A. can't they
B. can they
C. they can
D. they can't
5. Your grandfather was a millionaire, ____?
A. was he
B. is he
C. wasn't he
D. isn't he
6. I think the cities of tomorrow also need to consider the availability of open space, ____?
A. do I
B. don't I
C. do they
D. don't they
7. We will need new technologies to generate energy and use it in clean and safe ways, only from fully ____ sources.
8. Across the globe, nations are preparing for water scarcity, ____?
A. are they
B. aren't they
C. will they
D. won't they
9. Copenhagen has been voted the most ____ city in the world several times.
A. ecological friendly
B. ecologically soundly
D. friendly ecologically
10. This is your essay on smart cities by 2050, ____?
A. is this
B. isn't this
C. is it
D. isn't it
Use the word given in capitals at the end of each line to form the word that fits in the gap in the same line.
1. The rapid growth of the population has caused daunting problems for city planners, such as ___________ roads. (CROWDED)
2. It comes as no surprise that Seattle is the gold standard of __________ city living. (SUSTAIN)
3. New York City is expected to increase its ________ energy capacity by 50% by 2050. (RENEW)
4. Our communities will be _____________ and more sustainable, so our quality of life will be better. (CLEAN)
5. The government is making plans to __________ sensors and cameras in the city centre to detect traffic problems and help drivers to avoid traffic jams. (INSTALLMENT)
Put the verbs in brackets into the correct forms.
1. If today were Monday, I (not go) _________ to work yesterday.
2. What would happen if you (not go) ___________ to work tomorrow.
3. If I had gone to your party last night, I (be) ________ very tired now.
4. She must apologize to me or I (never speak) _________ to her again.
5. If he hadn't stayed up late, he (not finish) ______ his task yesterday.
Download Đề thi & Đáp án tại: Đề kiểm tra tiếng Anh 11 Unit 9 Cities of the world có đáp án. Mời thầy cô tham khảo thêm nhiều tài liệu ôn tập Tiếng Anh lớp 11 cả năm khác như: Để học tốt Tiếng Anh lớp 11, Bài tập Tiếng Anh lớp 11 theo từng Unit trực tuyến, Đề thi học kì 1 lớp 11, Đề thi học kì 2 lớp 11,... được cập nhật liên tục trên VnDoc.com.
Để chuẩn bị tốt cho năm học 2020 - 2021 sắp tới, mời quý thầy cô, các bậc phụ huynh và các em học sinh tham gia nhóm Facebook: Tài liệu học tập lớp 11 để tham khảo thêm nhiều tài liệu các môn học khác nhau.