Đề thi chọn học sinh giỏi lớp 7 môn tiếng Anh năm học 2017-2018
Đề thi chọn học sinh giỏi lớp 7 môn tiếng Anh
VnDoc.com xin gửi đến các bạn Đề thi chọn học sinh giỏi lớp 7 môn tiếng Anh năm học 2017-2018 được sưu tầm và đăng tải dưới đây rất hữu ích cho các bạn chuẩn bị cho kì thi học sinh giỏi cũng như kì thi học kì 2 sắp tới. Mời các bạn vào tham khảo và thử sức.
PART I. PHONETICS (1.0 point)
I. Choose the word whose underlinedpart is pronounced differently from that of the others.
1. A. change B. hungry C. stronger D. single
2. A. intention B. material C. mature D. intensity
3. A. rises B. houses C. raises D. promises
4. A. hand B. bank C. sand D. band
5. A. battle B. magic C. nag D. dismayed
II. Choose the word whose stress pattern is different from that of the others. There is an example at the beginning (0). (0.5 pt)
1. A. national B. engineer C. interesting D. scientist
2. A. responsible B. environment C. importance D. residential
3. A. provide B. combine C. service D. account
4. A. difference B. difficult C. supporting D. beautiful
5. A. social B. reply C. contain D. appear
PART II. GRAMMAR AND VOCABULARY (4.0 points)
I. Choose the best word or phrase to complete the following sentences.(2.0 pt)
1. ______ is normally used to refer to the treatment and training of the child within the home.
A. Feeding B. Mothering C. Upbringing D. Educating
2. Several important methods were ______ for preserving food in the nineteenth century.
A. seen B. covered C. prepared D. invented
3. A man is walking towards me. ______ man is carrying ______ parcel.
A. A/ the B. The/ a C. Ø/ the D.The/ Ø
4. A few years after you buy it, a house is usually ______ much more than it originally costs you.
A. expensive B. worth C. worthy D. valueless
5. I will do anything but ______ the dishes.
A. wash B. washed C. washing D. will wash
6. I am so tired that I can't make ______ what you are saying.
A. up B. in C. out D. on
7. I remember ______ theletter some time ago but I can’t remember exactly when.
A. to post B. posted C. posting D. post
8. They warned us ______ to the seaside in that month.
A. to not go B. not to go C. not to going D. not go
9. “I really like your new shoes.” - “And they cost less than I ______.”
A. expect B. was expected C. had expected D. am expecting
10. Those kids are always ______ trouble.
A. looking up to B. getting into C. finding about D. putting with
11. It is essential that he ______ that contract.
A. refuse B. refuses C. refusing D. is refusing
12. Either of these buses _______ past the university.
A. go B. goes C. have gone D. going
13. _______ the flight’s delay, they did not attend the conference.
A. Because B. Although C. Because of D. As
14. It _______ that many people are homeless after the floods.
A. were reported B. reports C. is reported D. reporting
15. This shirt is much prettier, but it costs _______ the other one.
A. so much as B. as many as C. twice as much as D. twice as many
16. Don’t worry about her __________ .
A. complaintment B. complaination C. complanation D. complaint
17. Please forgive me. I didn’t want ________ you.
A. to upset B. upsetting C. to be upset D. being upset
18. Vitamin C _______ by the human body, it gets into the blood stream quickly.
A. absorbs easily B. is easily absorbed
C. is being absorbed easily D. absorbed easily
19. What would you like to eat for lunch? - _________, I don’t mind.
A. Nothing B. Something C. Every thing D. Anything
20. 3/4 means _______ .
A. third quarters B. three quarters C. three fourth D. thirth fourth
II. Give the correct form of the words in capital letters. (1.0 pt)
GETTING AHEAD IN BUSINESS
Your chances of success can be greatly increased if you follow a few simple rules in your working life. First of all, remember that your (1) _________ wants you to do well- that's what you are being paid for. Many companies choose (2) __________ young people to work for them and provide a lot of (3) ___________ for their workers. Working for a large, international company may provide job (4) ___________. On the other hand, a smaller company might give you the chance to use your (5) _____________ more.
Secondly, remember that any experience you gain will always (6) __________ your position in the company. The company wants (7) ___________ that you want to get to the top. Take any opportunity you get to go on (8) _____________ courses related to your work. The more (9) ____________ you are, the better chance you have of being promoted. Finally, don't give up, even when you are (10) ____________. Stick with it and you'll get there in the end.
III. The passage below contains 10 errors. UNDERLINE and CORRECT them. Write your answers in the numbered blanks provided. There is an example at the beginning. (1.0 pt)
After an absence in thirty years, I decided
visiting my old school again. I had expected to find changes,
but no a completely different building. As I walked up the school ground, I wondered for a moment if I had come at the right address.
The grimy, red brick fortress with their tall windows that had
looked up grimly on the playground and playing fields
had swept away. In its place stood a bright, modern block
risen from the ground on great concrete stilts. A huge expanse
of glass extending across the face of the building, and in front,
there was a well-kept lawn where previous there had been
untidy gravel yard.
PART III. READING (3.0 points)
I. Read the passage below and fill each blank with ONE suitable word. (1.0 pt)
Speech is one of the most important (1) _______ of communicating. It consists of far more than just making noises. To talk and also to be (2) ____________ by other people, we have to speak a language, that is, we have to use combinations of (3) ________ that everyone agrees stand for particular object or idea. Communication would be impossible if everyone made up their own language.
(4) ________ a language properly is very important. The basic (5) __________ of English is not very large, and only about 2000 words are needed to (6) ________ it quite well. But the more words you know, the more ideas you can (7) ________ and the more precise you can be about their exact meaning.
Words are the (8) ____________ thing we use in communicating what we want to say. The (9) _________ we say the words is also very important. Our tone of voice can express many emotions and (10) ________ whether we are pleased or angry, for instance.
II. Read the text and decide which answer best fits each space given. (1.0 pt)
The bat may seem an ordinary creature, but in fact it is an amazing animal. The bat has wings and is the only animal (1) ________ of true flight. There are many (2) ________ species of bat. In Britain (3) ______ there are fourteen types of bat, which ranges in sizes from a few inches to (4) ______ feet in wingspan.
Bats are nocturnal animals (5) ______ become active only at dusk. Many species (6) ______ on a “radar” system to find their way around. The bat emits squeaks and then measures the echoes to “see” how far away any (7) ______ .
The (8) ______ of bats survive on a diet of insects while others eat fruit. There are two species which eat fish and there are even some bats which eat meat! Some vampire bats take blood (9) ______ their sleeping victims. These bats may carry the deadly disease rabies.
Bats are sociable creatures and form large colonies. Most bats (10) ______ throughout the winter months. Many people are afraid of bats without even seeing one. Perhaps if we learn more about these wonderful creatures, we will no longer fear them.
1. A. capable B. able C. possible D. probable
2. A. differing B. contrast C. different D. conflicting
3. A. all B. alone C. lonely D. lonesome
4. A. various B. few C. little D. several
5. A. whose B. who C. which D. they
6. A. put B. rely C. stand D. confide
7. A. hindrance B. barrier C. obstacle D. blockage
8. A. majority B. population C. amount D. number
9. A. out B. off C. of D. from
10. A. hibernate B. sleep C. hide D. rest
Đề thi học sinh giỏi rất gần với kì thi học kì 2, mời các bạn vào luyện tập một số đề sau đây để chuẩn bị tốt nhất cho học kì 2 môn tiếng Anh đạt kết quả cao nhất: