Đề thi học sinh giỏi môn Tiếng Anh lớp 11 trường THPT Trường Xuân
Đề thi học sinh giỏi môn Tiếng Anh lớp 11 trường THPT Trường Xuân được VnDoc đăng tải giúp các bạn học sinh ôn tập Tiếng Anh lớp 11 hiệu quả để tham dự kỳ thi học sinh giỏi cấp trường sắp tới. Đề thi với nhiều câu hỏi hay, sáng tạo, được làm trong thời gian 120 phút, mời các bạn tham khảo.
Đề thi học sinh giỏi môn Tiếng Anh lớp 11 cấp trường
ĐỀ THI HSG CẤP TRƯỜNG – TIẾNG ANH 11
Năm học: 2013 – 2014
Thời gian: 120 phút (không kể thời gian giao đề)
Trường THPT Trường Xuân
I/. LEXICO – GRAMMAR:
PART 1: Circle the letter A, B, C or D that corresponds to the word or phrase that best completes each sentence. (10 points)
1. Neil Armstrong was the first man to ___________ foot on the moon.
A. try B. step C. set D. walk
2. Thomas Edison ________ many new appliances using electricity during his long career.
A. invented B. inventing C. who invented D. was invented
3. _________ further riot to occur, the government would be forced to use its emergency powers.
A. Should B. Did C. Were D. Had
4. Jack doesn’t like ________ such gossip and fallacy in sport.
A. to take himself on B. to get himself along
C. engage himself in D. indulge himself of
5. New York and Tokyo are two of the most _______ populated cities in the world.
A. greatly B. densely C. variously D. closely
6. It can take up to more than six months to _______ a man to do this specialized work.
A. raise B. train C. learn D. practise
7. The longest movie I have ever seen in this cinema ________ for three hours.
A. stayed B. got C. lasted D. spent
8. James was looking for a(n) ________ to visit that wonderful island once again.
A. opportunity B. necessity C. destiny D. possibility
9. “Who is Susan getting married to?” _ “Some guy__________ since her childhood.”
A. who she has known B. have known her
C. that have known her D. she has been known
10. “I had to take a taxi from the party last night.” _ “Oh. That’s too bad. You __________ my car.”
A. could have used B. was able to use
C. could be use D. can use
11. Jackie has given such a great _________ that other dancers in the audience admire him so much.
A. performance B. result C. score D. action
12. The president has made many visits to Japan, ________ began today.
A. whose recent one B. the most recent of which
C. which D. the most recent one
13. “Is it difficult to keep fish as pets?” _ “No, there isn’t much _________ care of them.”
A. to taking B. having taken C. to have taken D. taking
14. __________ to Jim myself, I can’t tell why he would do such terrible things.
A. Not to be speaking B. Not to have spoken
C. Because of not being spoken D. Not having spoken
15. If I were you, I would regard their offer with considerable _________ because it seems too good to be true.
A. doubt B. suspicion C. reservation D. disbelief