Đề thi học sinh giỏi tiếng Anh lớp 10 tỉnh Vĩnh Phúc năm học 2011 - 2012
Đề thi học sinh giỏi tiếng Anh lớp 10 tỉnh Vĩnh Phúc có đáp án
Đề thi học sinh giỏi tiếng Anh lớp 10 tỉnh Vĩnh Phúc năm học 2011 - 2012 là một tài liệu tham khảo hay và hữu ích với nhiều dạng bài tập và mẫu câu thú vị giúp các em học sinh lớp 10 ôn luyện tốt trước ngưỡng kỳ thi HSG. Mời các bạn tham khảo.
PART I. LISTENING: You are going to hear a talk about security in the UK. Listen to the talk and complete the statements below by writing no more than THREE words in the spaces provide.
You will hear the talk TWICE.
1. Don't carry more (1)________ than you need for daily expenses.
2. When you stay at a hotel, ask the (2)_______ to keep your valuables in hotel (3)________.
3. Don't keep a note of the serial (4)________ together with your traveler's cheques.
4. You should carry wallets and purses in an (5)________ pocket or a handbag.
5. Your passport, (6) ________ and other important documents should be taken special care of.
6. You can leave your (7) _______ luggage in a luggage office at most large stations and pick it up later.
7. It's necessary to keep the receipt and check the (8) ____ hours when you leave your luggage at the station.
8. The (9) _________ Property Office can be found at both (10) __________ and the station.
PART II. GRAMMAR AND VOCABULARY
I. Complete the following sentences by choosing the correct answer among four options (A, B, C or D).
1. He's really shy _______ girl.
A. by B. at C. for D. with
2. The teacher _______ her to improve her drawing.
A. insisted B. encouraged C. made D. persisted
3. I couldn't quite ______ what they were doing because they were so far away.
A. bear out B. make out C. think out D. try out
4. The meal Mary cooked tastes_______.
A. well B. nice C. good D. worse
5. ______ at the party, we saw Ruth standing alone.
A. Arriving B. We arrived C. Arrived D. We were arriving
6. The people who______ the survey said that they had examined over 1,000 accidents.
A. gave B. proceed C. set D. conducted
7. The judge found him ______ of stealing and sent him to prison.
A. evil B. innocent C. guilty D. wicked
8. The house we have rented is______. So we will have to buy some beds, chairs, tables, etc.
A. unrestored B. unrepaired C. unfurnished D. undecorated
9. He was turned down for the job because he is ________.
A. qualified B. qualifying C. unqualified D. qualification
10. The trouble started only______ the other man came into the room.
A. when B. until C. and then D. too soon
11. _______, the disaster would not have happened.
A. Had you have obeyed the orders B. You had obeyed the orders
C. You obeyed the orders D. Had you obeyed the orders
12. _______ had booked in advance were allowed in.
A. Only who B. Only those who
C. Only who were those D. Only were those who
13. Traveling alone to a jungle is adventurous, ________.
A. if not impossible B. if it not impossible
C. when not impossible D. when it not impossible
14. I ______ the hot weather in the south.
A. use to B. used to C. am use to D. am used to
15. The meat looked very _______ to the dog.
A. invited B. invite C. inviting D. invitingly
ĐÁP ÁN ĐỀ THI HSG TIẾNG ANH LỚP 10 TỈNH VĨNH PHÚC
PART I. LISTENING (15 pts: 1,5pts/item)
- (1) cash
- (2) manager
- (3) safe
- (4) numbers
- (5) inside
- (6) travel tickets
- (7) heavy
- (8) opening
- (9) lost
- (10) the airport
PART II. GRAMMAR AND VOCABULARY (35pts)
I. Complete the following sentences by choosing the correct answer among four options (A, B, C or D). (15pts: 1pt/item)
- D. with
- B. encouraged
- B. make out
- C. good
- A. Arriving
- D. conducted
- C. Guilty
- C. unfurnished
- C. unqualified
- A. when
- D. Had you obeyed the orders
- B. Only those who
- A. if not impossible
- B. used to
- C. Inviting
II. Use the correct form of each word on the right to complete the numbered spaces provided in the passage. Write your answers on your answer sheet. (10pts: 1pt/item)
- (1) enabled
- (2) lifeless
- (3) inactive
- (4) artist
- (5) achievement
- (6) conclusion
- (7) insignificant
- (8) elusive
- (9) striking
- (10) unfortunately
III. In the following passage, some numbered lines contain a word that shouldn't be there. Tick (√) the sentences that are correct and write the words that shouldn't be there in the numbered space.
PART III. READING
I. Complete the following passage by choosing A, B, C or D to fill in each blank. (10pts: 1pt/item)
- A. runs
- B. origin
- D. motions
- C. close
- C. counts on
- A. works
- C. also
- A. check
- D. thus
- B. activities
II. Read the passage carefully, then choose the correct option (marked A, B, C or D) to answer the questions. (5pts: 1pt/item)
- B. do not always cause symptoms in birds
- D. It can survive in many different places.
- C. dissimilar types of viruses recombine
- D. a variety of means
- D. two animal viruses recombining in a human
III. Read the passage and choose the best answer from the four options marked A, B, C or D in the following questions. Identify your answer by writing the corresponding letter A, B, C or D on your answer sheet. (5pts: 1pt/item)
- C. An ancient form of plant life
- A. plants
- D. They clung to tree trunks and bushes for support.
- B. genuine
- A. Coal
IV. Read the passage carefully then fill in the blank a suitable word. (10pts: 1pt/item)
- (1) water
- (2) Among
- (3) like
- (4) ever
- (5) hands
- (6) with
- (7) the
- (8) rules
- (9) team
- (10) to
PART IV: WRITING
I. Write the new sentences using the given word. Do not change the word given in any way. (10 pts: 1pt/item)
- Some interesting new information has come to light.
- Jack was banned from playing in the next two matches.
- I'm dying to see her again.
- She was so beautiful that I couldn't take my eyes off her.
- We can't wait to watch the program.
II. Rewrite each of the following sentences so that it has a similar meaning to the original one. (10 pts: 1pt/item)
- Were you to change your mind, you would be welcomed to join our class.
- I do not feel like going out this afternoon.
- However hard Adeles tries, she doesn't get anywhere/gets nowhere.
- The boss is thought to be considering raising wages.
- Despite the fact that he was disabled, he sailed/managed to sail around the world.
- I wasn't early enough to see her.
- I'd rather you didn't smoke.
- Smiling happily, the mother took the baby in her arms.
- It was not until after midnight that the noise next door stopped.
- Should there is any difficulty, you can ring this number.