Đề thi tiếng Anh 11 học kì 1 năm 2021
Đề kiểm tra học kì 1 tiếng anh lớp 11 có đáp án
Đề thi tiếng Anh 11 học kì 1 năm 2021 do VnDoc.com tự biên soạn và đăng tải dưới đây tổng hợp các dạng bài tập trắc nghiệm phổ biến trong Tiếng Anh 11 mới đi kèm đáp án.
Đề thi tiếng Anh 11 học kì 1 năm 2021
Bản quyền thuộc về VnDoc nghiêm cấm mọi hành vi sao chép vì mục đích thương mại
Mark the letter A, B, C, or D to indicate the word whose underlined part differs from the other three in pronunciation in each of the following questions.
1. A. dream
2. A. chemist
Mark the letter A. B. C. or D to indicate the word that differs from the other three in the position of primary stress in each of the following questions.
1. A. academic
2. A. competition
Mark the letter A, B, C, or D to indicate the correct response to each of the following exchanges.
5. “Thanks for your support for our campaign!" – “____”
A. I don't bother.
B. That'll be fine for me.
C. It's my pleasure.
D. That's a nuisance.
6. "Mom, may I go away to Quang Binh at the weekends to help the unlucky people there?" – “____”
A. Never mind. Your first priority is to study.
B. No way, you've run out of time.
C. No, of course, I won't.
D. Yes, of course. That's a good thing to do.
Mark the letter A, B, C, or D to indicate the word(s) CLOSEST in meaning to the underlined word(s) in each of the following questions.
7. Every year, the United Nations set up an activity to call for world-wide support for the rights and well-being of disabled people.
A. apply for
B. ask for
C. care for
D. persist in
8. It is lazy of him for not doing his homework every day.
Mark the letter A, B, C, or D to indicate the word(s) OPPOSITE in meaning to the underlined word(s) in each of the following questions.
9. Nam is considered to be the best student in our class because he's not only good at learning but also well-informed about everything around the world.
10. Young college and university students participate in helping the poor who have suffered badly in wars or natural disasters.
A. get involved in
B. interfere with
C. join hands
D. come into
Choose the correct answer A, B, C or D
11. Last Sunday, the Youth Union ____ a campaign to help students with disabilities.
A. has launched
C. was launched
D. was launching
12. If you choose to study abroad, you have to live ____ from home.
13. You should make a list of things to do and ____ them if you want to work effectively.
14. You can't blame an automaker for wanting to design a car that looks ____, even if it doesn't have what it takes under the hood.
15. Everyone can help the needy by making a ____ to a charity organisation.
16. He has not developed mentally as much as others at the same age. He's ____.
A. mentally alert
B. mentally ill
C. mentally retarded
D. mentally restricted
17. Not all the winners will receive great prizes, but nobody leaves ____.
18. The ____ is a legal agreement among the ten ASEAN member states.
19. ____ trees around the house on the south and west sides, they can save up to about $250 a year on cooling and heating.
A. Having planted
B. Being planted
C. To plant
D. To have planted
20. They didn't forget ____ a short vacation in Cuc Phuong National Park last year.
A. being spent
B. having been spent
C. to spend
D. having spent
21. Those who have strong ____ skills are able to get on well with most types of people.
22. I'm in a difficult position. What do you advise me ____?
C. to do
D. to doing
23. As an ASEAN member, Viet Nam has actively participated in the group's programs and has also created new ____ and cooperation mechanisms.
24. With a population of over 237 million people, Indonesia is the world's fourth most ____ country.
25. It is ____ for him to enjoy the party because he's fairly busy now.
26. It isn't ____ for him to take charge of the financial burden on his family.
27. That Tom is ____ of finishing the research project prior to the deadline satisfied our manager.
28. Warmth, ____, and understanding should cost nothing in any country.
29. Many parents are worried that their children will get involved ____ a romantic relationship in their teenage years.
30. She looked ____ around for a weapon.
Read the following passage and mark the letter A, B, C, or D to indicate the correct answer to each of the questions.
Let's see if you can correctly answer the following question: At what age are Latter-day Saint youth allowed to date? Of course, you probably immediately said, "16". OK, then, how about this one: At what age are you allowed to have a boyfriend or girlfriend? You may be thinking, “Um, 16. Didn't I just answer that?" Well, if that was your answer, then, even though you aced the first question, you missed the second one. Just because you can date when you turn 16 doesn't mean you should immediately start looking for a steady boyfriend or girlfriend.
For decades, prophets have preached that youth who are in no position to marry should not pair off exclusively. For instance, President Hinckley (1910-2008) said, "When you are young, do not get involved in steady dating. When you reach an age where you think of marriage, then is the time to become so involved. But you boys who are in high school don't need this, and neither do the girls”. So what does this counsel really mean, and what are the reasons for it?
To begin with, there are two different types of dating: casual dating and steady (or serious) dating. The distinction between the two has to do with exclusivity. With casual dating, there is no exclusivity. The two people aren't “a couple” or “an item”, and they don't refer to each other as a “boyfriend” or “girlfriend”. They don't pair off. People who are casually dating are simply friends. This is the kind of dating the Church encourages you to do after you turn 16. You should put aside a need to find a “one and only”. If you're dating casually, you don't expect a relationship to become a romance. You have fun; you do a variety of things with a variety of people. On the other hand, steady dating means the couple is exclusive with one another. They expect each other not to date anyone else or to be emotionally or physically close with other people. Couples who date seriously consider the future, because there is a real possibility they could stay together. This is the kind of dating the Church encourages young adults (generally, people in their 20s) to progress toward, because that's the age when they should be thinking of marrying.
You should avoid becoming exclusive as teenagers, because an exclusive relationship requires a high level of commitment from both partners, and you're not in a position to make that kind of commitment as teens – neither emotionally, physically, nor in terms of your future plans. As President Boyd K. Packer, President of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles, has said to youth, “Avoid steady dating. Steady dating is courtship, and surely the beginning of courtship ought to be delayed until you have emerged from your teens”.
31. It can be inferred from the first paragraph that ____.
A. dating doesn't mean having exclusive boyfriend or girlfriend
B. teenagers are supposed to have a steady boyfriend or girlfriend
C. teenagers date as many boyfriends or girlfriends as they can
D. young people shouldn't be allowed to date at 16
32. The word “aced” in paragraph 1 is closest in meaning to ____.
A. gave up B. misled C. succeeded in D. understood
33. According to the passage, what is NOT true about casual dating?
A. You can be friend with each other. B. You don't pair off exclusively.
C. You find your "one and only”. D. You meet different kinds of people.
34. It is stated in the passage that steady dating ____.
A. includes a variety of things with a variety of people
B. is courtship that you ought to have in your teens
C. requires hardly any commitment
D. suits people who are in their 20s
35. Which of the following would serve as the best title for the passage?
A. At what age are young people allowed to date?
B. Casual dating or steady dating.
C. Make your teenage dating by keeping it casual.
D. Popular kinds of dating for teenagers.
Mark the letter A, B, C, or D to indicate the sentence that best combines each pair of sentences in the following questions.
36. John lied to Linda. She didn't know the reason.
A. Linda didn't believe that John lied to her.
B. Linda didn't know how John lied to her.
C. Linda didn't know that John lied to her.
D. Linda didn't know what John lied for.
37. She is so attractive. Many boys run after her.
A. So attractive is shę many boys that run after her.
B. So attractive is she that many boys run after her.
C. So attractive she is that many boys run after her.
D. So that attractive she is many boys run after her.
38. The room became hotter and hotter. I had to take off my sweater.
A. Unless the room became hotter and hotter, I had to take off my sweater.
B. Although the room became hotter and hotter, I had to take off my sweater.
C. The room became hotter and hotter but I had to take off my sweater.
D. The room became hotter and hotter so I had to take off my sweater.
39. He worked the whole night last night. His eyes are red now.
A. If he didn't work the whole night, his eyes wouldn't be red now.
B. Unless he worked the whole night last night, his eyes were red now.
C. If he hadn't worked the whole night last night, his eyes wouldn't be red now.
D. He worked the whole night last night otherwise his eyes were red now.
40. A Vietnamese ex-student of Oxford University has established a foundation. This aims to construct bridges to facilitate travel in isolated communities.
A. A Vietnamese ex-student of Oxford University has established a foundation to construct bridges to facilitate travel in isolated communities.
B. A Vietnamese ex-student of Oxford University who has established a foundation constructed bridges to facilitate travel in isolated communities.
C. Bridges are constructed to facilitate travel in isolated communities by a Vietnamese ex-student of Oxford University who has established a foundation.
D. If a Vietnamese ex-student of Oxford University has established a foundation, he will construct bridges to facilitate travel in isolated communities.
Bài tập tự luận và trắc nghiệm môn Anh lớp 11 học kì 1 tổng hợp các dạng bài tập phổ biến giúp học sinh lớp 11 củng cố kiến thức và chuẩn bị cho kì thi cuối kỳ sắp tới. Bên cạnh đó các em có thể tham khảo tài liệu môn Toán 11 và Ngữ Văn lớp 11. Mời các em tham khảo bài sau đây.
Trên đây VnDoc.com đã giới thiệu Đề thi tiếng Anh 11 học kì 1 năm 2021. Mời các bạn tham khảo tham khảo thêm các tài liệu học tập lớp 11 hay như Đề kiểm tra 15 phút Tiếng Anh lớp 11 Unit 5: Being a part of ASEAN, .... được cập nhật liên tục trên VnDoc.com.
Mời các bạn tham gia nhóm Tài liệu học tập lớp 11 để nhận thêm những tài liệu hay: Nhóm Tài liệu học tập lớp 11