Đề kiểm tra học kì 1 lớp 11 môn tiếng Anh năm 2019 - 2020
Đề thi học kì 1 tiếng Anh lớp 11 có đáp án
Đề thi tiếng Anh học kì 1 lớp 11 năm 2019 - 2020 dưới đây nằm trong bộ đề kiểm tra học kì 1 lớp 11 môn tiếng Anh có đáp án do VnDoc.com sưu tầm và đăng tải. Đề kiểm tra tiếng Anh lớp 11 gồm nhiều dạng bài tập trắc nghiệm tiếng Anh 11 mới khác nhau giúp các em học sinh lớp 11 cải thiện kỹ năng làm bài hiệu quả.
I. Choose the word whose stress pattern is different from the others.
|1. A. desire||B. modern||C. concrete||D. southern|
|2. A. immigrant||B. density||C. enormous||D. separate|
|3. A. economic||B. encourage||C. industrial||D. enormous|
II. Choose the word whose underlined part is pronounced differently from that of the others.
|1. A. item||B. idiot||C. idea||D. idol|
|2. A. envelop||B. celebrate||C. resolute||D. region|
|3. A. comment||B. positive||C. populate||D. petroleum|
III. Choose the best answer.
1. The natural........ of the earth are running out.
2. Twenty percent of the earth's land can be used for ........animals.
C. bringing up
3. I do not like meetings and parties. I am not very........
4. I’d like to go dancing, but.........else wanted to go.
C. no one
5. New Year’s celebrations are traditions that have........for centuries.
6. Wedding anniversaries are to........ the milestones of a happy and lasting
relationship between married couples.
7. Mark stands the best........to become the chairman next month.
8. Internet has made big differences........ the way we live and work.
IV. Rewrite these sentences as direct and retain the original meaning.
1. He missed the first class because he got up late.
2. We regret inviting her to our get-together party.
3. “It is a good idea to stay in an English family for the summer," Johan said.
4. The injury prevented him from playing in the final match.
Had it not......................................................................
V. READING 1. Read the following passages then choose the correct answers.
When people meet and talk, they are using not only words, but also the (1)......of their voice and their body language to communicate. Sometimes people use body language consciously to add meaning to their words, but other body language may be (2)..... . For example, a person may (3).... start tapping his or her foot while talking with someone. This body language could be (4)....as meaning “I am not interested in talking with you.” Other gestures that (5).....not being interested in others include crossed arms, leaning away from others, and not looking at the speaker.
|1. A. height||B. nature||C. state||D. tone|
|2. A. unattended||B. unconscious||C. unaware||D. unknown|
|3. A. temporarily||B. automatically||C. indefinitely||D. unfortunately|
|4. A. relied||B. meant||C. counted||D. interpreted|
|5. A. refer||B. infer||C. imply||D. tell|
VI. Pick out the underlined part that needs correction.
1. The competitors, (A) half of who(B) areunder 25, are (C) really energetic and (D) talented.
2. The story (A) isso (B) movingthat it (C) makes her (D) crying very much.
VII. READING 2. Read the following passage then choose the correct answers.
Different cultures celebrate the beginning of a new year in different ways, and at different times on the calendar. In Western countries, people usually celebrate New Year at midnight on January 1s'. People may go to parties, dress in formal clothes – like tuxedos and evening gowns, and drink Champaign at midnight. During the first minutes of the New Year, people wish and cheer each other happiness for the year ahead. But some cultures prefer to celebrate the New Year by waking up early to watch the sun rise. They welcome the New Year with the first light of sunrise. It is also a common Western custom to make a New Year’s promise, called a resolution. New Year's resolutions usually include promises to try something new or change a bad habit in the New Year.
Many cultures also do special things to get rid of bad luck at the beginning of a new year. In Ecuador, families make a big doll from old clothes which is filled with old newspapers and firecrackers. At midnight, these dolls are burned to show the bad things from the past year are gone and the New Year can start afresh, other common traditions to keep away bad luck include throwing things into rivers or the ocean, or saying special things on the first day of the New Year. Other New Year traditions are followed to bring good luck in. A widespread Spanish tradition for good luck is eat grapes on the New Year’s Day. The more grapes a person eats, the more good luck the person will have in the year. In France, people eat pancakes for good luck at New Year. In the U.S., some people eat black-eyed peas for good luck - but to get good luck for a whole year you have to eat 365 of them.
1. What is the main idea of the reading?
A. The meaning of ‘Happy New Year’
B. How to welcome good luck for the New Year
C. Various New Year traditions
D. What people do on the New Year Eve
2. Which culture celebrates New Year in the morning?
A. The United States B. France
C. Spain D. There is no information
3. What is a resolution about?
A. Something you cannot do in the New Year
B. Something you want to do or change in the New Year
C. Something you promised to do the last year but was not finished
D. Something you say to welcome good luck
4. Which statement is NOT true?
A. New Year can be welcome by watching the sunrise.
B. Tuxedo and evening gowns are formal clothes.
C. Spaniards eat grapes for good luck on the New Year’s Day.
D. Things are thrown into rivers or the ocean to keep away bad luck in Ecuador.
5. What is TRUE about eating black-eyed peas at New Year?
A. One pea brings one day of luck.
B. You have to eat 365 peas to be lucky on the New Year's Day.
C. It is bad luck if you eat more than 365 peas.
D. It is the tradition in Spain and the U.S.
I. 1. A 2. C 3. A
II. 1. B 2. D 3. D
III. 1. B 2. D 3. B 4. C 5. B 6. A 7. A 8. B
1. If he had not got up late, he would not have missed the first class.
2. We should not have invited her to our get-together party.
3. Johan suggested (me / my) staying in an English family for the summer.
4. Had it not been for his injury, he would have played in the final match.
1) 1. D 2. B 3. B 4. D 5. C
VI. 1. A (half of whom) 2. D (makes her cry)
VII. 1. C 2. D 3. B 4. D 5. A
Trên đây là Đề kiểm tra học kì 1 môn tiếng Ah lớp 11 kèm đáp án. Mời thầy cô tham khảo thêm nhiều tài liệu ôn tập Tiếng Anh lớp 11 cả năm khác như: Để học tốt Tiếng Anh lớp 11, Bài tập Tiếng Anh lớp 11 theo từng Unit trực tuyến, Đề thi học kì 1 lớp 11, Đề thi học kì 2 lớp 11,... được cập nhật liên tục trên VnDoc.com.