I. Choose the word whose underlined part is pronounced differently from that of the other three.
II. Choose the word whose main stress pattern is not the same as that of the others.
III. Choose the word or the phrase (A, B, C or D) that best fits the blank space in each sentence
1. My sister’s hair is not ______.
2. It’s ______ to meet you, Thu.
3. He is my ______. We are in the same class.
4. I ______ a letter from my friend today.
5. The boy is a ______ student. He always gets good grades.
6. The moon ______ around the earth.
7. I find he is not communicative. He’s rather ______ in public.
8. He’s tall and thin. He has ______.
9. _______. Are you Mr. Thanh?
10. –“Would you like to go to the movie with me tonight?” –“_______.”
VI. Read the passage then choose the best answer to complete the passage.
Last year (1) _______ on a home stay to the United States. I lived (2) _______ the Johnsons in California. When I (3) _______ there, I went to school with my American sister, Julie. At first, speaking English (4) _______ day was hard. I was homesick. But then I started to enjoy my home stay. English was (5) _______. School (6) _______ fun. I liked (7) _______ with the Johnsons. During spring vacation, we went (8) _______ a camping trip. Now I am back home with my parents. I often write (9) _______ my American family and they write to me. Next year the Johnsons are (10) _______ to visit me.