I. Choose the word or phrase that best completes each unfinished sentence below or substitutes for the underlined word or phrase.
1. The game _______ at two o’clock tomorrow.
2. Is your English _______ better?
3. I feel much _______ now that the exams are over.
4. I think this milk is turning _______.
5. Our new car is a little _________ than our old one, but still fits easily into the garage.
6. _____ the piano, but also the violins.
7. Italy ______ France in tomorrow’s final.
People used to believe that the world was flat.
9. ______ is a longtime when there is not enough rain.
10. Strawberries are _____ at the moment.
11. I’m sorry, but I can’t come for dinner because I _____ to York tonight.
12. That child is getting _____ every day.
13. It’s becoming _____ to go out alone at night.
14. The number of cars on the road _____.
15. It has been the____ day in London for 35 years.
16. The giraffe is _____ the man.
17. I’ve lost my keys. Can you help me to look _____ them?
18. The heavy rain has caused _____ in many parts of the country.
19. Living in the country is not expensive. And it isn’t complex, _____.
There’s usually a lot of traffic at this time of day.
II. Choose the words or phrases that are not correct in Standard English.
He is always getting angrily about something.
We are arriving on Ha Noi in the late afternoon.
She is a famous musician so well as being a photographer.
He worked hard in order to getting good grades.
Richer countries could do more to help poorest countries.