Tổng hợp bài tập Tiếng Anh lớp 11 Unit 6 COMPETITIONS có đáp án
Tổng hợp bài tập Tiếng Anh lớp 11 Unit 6 COMPETITIONS có đáp án
Với BST bài tập Tiếng Anh lớp 11 Unit 6 COMPETITIONS có đáp án, các em học sinh sẽ được ôn tập toàn diện về các điểm ngữ pháp, từ vựng của bài học. VnDoc.com đã chọn lọc và tổng hợp nhiều bài tập hay để để gửi đến các em. Thông qua các dạng bài này, các em vừa được ôn tập, củng cố lại kiến thức, vừa có thêm kinh nghiệm, kỹ năng giải quyết nhiều dạng bài tập khác nhau.
Bài tập trắc nghiệm Tiếng Anh lớp 11 Unit 6: Competitions có đáp án
Choose the word that has the underlined part pronounced differently from the others.
1. a. reciting b. spirit c. stimulate d. winner
2. a. problem b. sponsor c. wonderful d. enjoy
3. a. announce b. annual c. award d. among
4. a. competition b. completion c. question d. information
5. a. athletics b. marathon c. faithfully d. smoothly
II. LANGUAGE FOCUS
A. Choose the word or phrase - a, b, c, or d - that best completes the sentence or substitutes for the underlined word or phrase.
6. The contest aimed to stimulate the spirit of learning English ______ students.
a. on b. for c. of d. among
7. The teacher explained the competition's rules ______ the students very carefully.
a. to b. with c. for d. about
8. Most students are interested ______ the annual English Speaking Contests.
a. on b. in c. with d. at
9. ______ is someone who takes part in sports competitions.
a. Judge b. Sportman c. Athletic d. Sponsor
10. They quickly read the questions and tried to find out the answers.
a. complete b. guess c. offer d. discover
11. A string of defeats has failed to break the team's ______.
a. spirits b. efforts c. works d. methods
12. There is now intense ______ between schools to attract students.
a. competence b. competition c. competitive d. competitor
13. Such questions provide a useful means of ______ students' interest.
a. expressing b. encouraging c. stimulating d. providing
14. All students can take part in the annual English-speaking Competition.
a. happening once a year b. happening once a term
b. happening once a month d. happening once every six months
15. He______ his poem in front of the whole school.
a. dedicated b. recited c. said d. delivered
B. Choose the word or phrase - a, b, c, or d - that best completes the sentence.
16. We took part in a sponsored walk ______ to support the poor.
a. organized b. organizing c. that organized d. had organized
17. We strongly recommend ______ your luggage when you travel.
a. to insure b. you insuring c. your insurance d. you insure
18. She asked my advice ______ subject she should study at university.
a. what b. on what c. to what d. on to what
19. Children could be compelled to work on the farm, effectively denying ______.
a. their school b. them to school c. them schooling d. for schooling
20. Indoor heating systems have made ______ for people to live and work comfortably in temperate climates.
a. it is possible b. possible c. it possible d. possibly
21. She phoned the police and ______ outside her home
a. reported to attack b. was reported to be attacked
c. reported being attacked d. reported to be attacked
22. The children were warned ______ in the lake without an adult present.
a. not swim b. not to swim c. not swimming d. to not swim
23. Homestead High School's fooball team ______ a championship until last season.
a. has never won b. is never winning
c. had never been winning d. had never won
24. George mentioned ______ in an accident as a child, but he never told us the details.
a. having injured b. having been injured
c. to have injured d. to have been injured
25. She' wanted to know if I ______ Paul recently.
a. saw b. have seen c. had seen d. would see
C. Identify the one underlined word or phrase - A, B, C or D - that must be changed for the sentence to be correct.
26. The teacher said that about 10 children need special help in reading.
A B C D
27. Every teacher I've spoken to tell me that standard of spelling are in decline
A B C D
28. The purpose of the examination was to test the students' knowing of
A B C
29. Let me know if you are interested to take part in the Sculpture Competition.
A B C D
30. If athletics are neglected in school, this will have a big impact on future
A B C
A. Fill in each blank space with one appropriate word from the box.
well-known associated involve professional extra whole
beats popular enthusiast end support against
For many young people, sport is a (31) _______ part of school life and being in one of the school teams and playing in matches is very important. If someone is in a team, it means a lot of (32) _______ training and often spending a Saturday or Sunday away from home since many matches are played then. It might also (33) _______ traveling to other towns to play (34) _______ other school teams and then staying on after the match for a meal or a drink. Sometimes, parents, friends or other students will travel with the team to (35) _______ their own side. When a school team (36) _______ another one, it is the (37) _______ school that feels proud, not only the players. It can also mean that a school becomes (38) _______. for being good at certain sports and students from that school may (39) _______ up playing for national and international teams so that the school has some really famous names (40) _______ with it.
B. Read the passage, then decide whether the folIowing statements are true (T) or false (F).
I am in favor of English-speaking contests in schools. Such contests encourage students to practice speaking English in their classes and help them improve their speaking skills. Besides, while preparing themselves for the contests, students' have a chance to 'review their lessons thoroughly. Contests among classes provide students' with opportunities to work with team spirit, thus. enabling them to learn how to cooperate with other people. Some students may think that their preparations for the speaking contests are time-consuming. However, in my opinion, such preparations are worth spending time on. My classmates and I have found that we speak English better after each- contest. In sum, English-speaking contests in schools are useful to students.
41. English-speaking, contests give students opportunities to practice speaking English.
42. English-speaking contests make students fail in preparation for their lessons in classes.
43. English-speaking contests provide students with a lot of useful skills.
44. English-speaking contests help students know how to work with other people.
45. English-speaking contests ask for a thoroughly review.
46. English-speaking contests take a lot of time to prepare.
47. The writer is an English teacher.
Choose the answer (a, b, c or d) that is nearest in meaning to the printed before it.
48. 'Why not participate in the English Speaking Contest?'
a. He asked me to take part in the English Speaking Contest.
b. He suggested taking part in the English Speaking Contest.
c. He offered us to take part in the English Speaking Contest.
d. He told me not to participate in the English Speaking Contest.
49. Please watch your steps as you get off.
a. Please look at the steps while getting off.
b. Go down the steps in order to get off.
c. Please have a look at the Steps as you get off.
d. Be careful not to tumble while getting off.
50. 'Let me pay for the coffee. I really want.'
a. Jenny is asked to pay for the coffee.
b. Jenny suggested paying for the coffee.
c. Jenny insisted on paying for the coffee.
d. Jenny told me to pay for the coffee.
Bài tập tự luận Tiếng Anh lớp 11 Unit 6: Competitions có đáp án
I. Underline the word that contains a different vowel sound.
1. group could would should
2. foot look smooth push
3. rule luck run cut
4. team great each sheet
5. class part race ask
6. cross lost most cost
7. shine slight strike strict
8. found crowd knowledge cloud
9. chew lose choose hope
10. done move love won
II. Complete these sentences with one appropriate word from the box.
representatives score reciting spirit awarded
worksheets sponsored participate rules announced
1. The competition's aim was to stimulate the ........ of learning English among students.
2. The competition was........ by the Students' Parents Society.
3. The English teacher explained the competition's........ to the students.
4. You will have to answer the questions on the........ within two minutes.
5. A maximum........ for each activity is 15 points.
6. The winner will be........ a set of CDs.
7. Time was up and the judges........ the results.
8. To........ in the contest, you have to work in groups of three.
9. The final competition included the........ of three classes.
10. He had difficulty........ the poem in front of the judges.
III. Complete this extract from a newspaper article with the verbs given. Use the past simple, present perfect or past perfect.
RONSON SACKED IN UNITED CUTS
Aston United (1)........ (sack) their manager, Neil Romson. The former England football international manager (2)........ (say) that he (3)........ (hear) the news when he (4)........ (return) from a three-week holiday in Spain and that it (5)........ (come) as a complete shock. "There (6)........ (be) no hint of any problem when I (7)........ (leave) for the holiday."
Aston United (8)........ (appoint) Ronson as manager two years ago and last season they (9)........ (finish) second in the First Division. However, they (10)........ (win) only five matches so far this season.
The Chairman of the club, Peter White, last night (11)........ (accuse) Ronson of lack of commitment to the club. "Neil's attitude (12)........ (disappoint) us recently. Over the last few months he (13)........ (spend) more time on Spanish beaches than working with the players in Aston."...