Bài tập tự luận Tiếng Anh lớp 11 Unit 7: WORLD POPULATION có đáp án
Bài tập tự luận Tiếng Anh lớp 11 Unit 7 CÓ ĐÁP ÁN
Bộ sưu tập Bài tập tự luận Tiếng Anh lớp 11 Unit 7 CÓ ĐÁP ÁN này sẽ mang đến cho học sinh các bài tập tự luận trong Unit 7 Tiếng Anh 11 nhằm giúp các em củng cố từ vựng và cấu trúc ngữ pháp đã học. Đồng thời, biết cách làm bài các bài tập tương tự trong các đề thi, đề kiểm tra. Mời quý thầy cô giáo và các em học sinh tham khảo.
II. Complete each of the sentences with the correct form of the verb in the box.
increase expect decrease reach limit
raise control populate support freeze
1. North America was once widely ______ by Native American tribes.
2. The world's population is ______ to be over 7 billion by 2010.
3. The population has ______ from 1. 2 million to 1. 8 million.
4. Water ______ at OoC.
5. Parents should ______ what their kids watch on television.
6. The number of new students ______ from 210 to 160 this year.
7. My family have been ______ sheep for over 60 years.
8. How can we ______ our families on such low wages?
9. Profits are expected ______ £2 billion this year.
10. The role that women could play was socially ______.
III. Fill in the blank with a suitable word to complete the passage.
China is the most populous country of the world. Its (1) ______ is approximately 1. 3 billion people, which is almost 22% of the (2) ______ population. The population density is high in the southeast: 43 percent of the land contains most of its population. A quarter of the population (3) ______ China is in the middle and lower parts of the Yangtze River, and the population density (4) ______ 663 people per square kilometer. Shanghai is China's largest city, (5) ______ population density reaches 2,118 people per square kilometer.
China's population growth rate has (6) ______ in the past years, although its population is still increasing. In the 1970s, the government started to implement birth (7) ______ programs to the people: late marriage, late childbearing, a one-child family, and a four-year period between two (8) ______ in the countryside where each couple may have more than one child, According to the report of Major Figures of Population of China, the annual growth rate of China's population (9) ______ from 25. 83% (in 1070) down to 11. 21% (in 1994) and to 8. 77% (in 1999) in the past 20 years. This should be (10) ______ a great success.
IV. Underline the best answers.
1. If you have left/ left home before I get there, I will/ would meet you at the airport.
2. How will/ would your father react if you leave/ left school?
3. If you will go/ go to England next month, you will/ must drive on the left.
4. Were/ Was I your doctor, I'd insist that you stop smoking.
5. You may/ might be sorry if you spend/ spent all your money.
6. Will/ Can I use your computer, if I am/ were careful?
7. Will/ Would people be able to fly if they have/ had feathers instead of hair?
8. If anyone should/ might call, would you please take a message?
9. If your mother is/ were here, I'm sure she won't/ wouldn't let you eat all those chocolates.
10. Were they not/ Weren't they rich, they couldn't have gone to the USA for their holiday.
V. Complete the sentences using one of the following pairs of verbs. Use the past unreal conditional.
consider - be go - invite not promote – leave know - go.
get - not have find - drive know - not take hit - not pull
drive - not happen grow up - learn
1. If you ______, ______ you ______ the firm?
2. I ______to the party last night if I ______.
3. If I ______ your father was in hospital, I ______ to visit him.
4. They ______ a better hotel if they ______ a few more kilometers.
5. If I ______ how difficult the job was, I ______ it.
6. I'm sure we ______ lost if we ______ a map.
7. If you ______ more carefully, the accident ______.
8. If you ______ in Japan, you ______ Japanese.
9. I ______ taking the job if the salary ______ higher.
10. The child ______ by a car if her mother ______ her out of the street.
VI. Put the verb into the correct form.
1. If the earth suddenly ______ (stop) spinning we all ______ (fly) off it.
2. If you ______ (smoke) in a non-smoking compartment the other passengers ______ (object).
3. ______ (your parents/ not/ be) proud if they could see you now?
4. If she ______ (not/ fail) one of her final exams she wouldn't have had to spend part of the summer in college.
5. I'll lend you War and Peace if I ____ (finish) it before you go on holiday.
6. If we ______ (work) all night we ______ (finish) in time; but we have no intention of working all night.
7. If you had worked harder, you ______ (pass) your final exam.
8. If you want to learn a musical instrument, you ______ (practise).
9. There have been a lot of thefts from cars in the city center. If you ______ (leave) your car there, ______ (not leave) any valuabIes in it.
10. I don't have enough money to buy that house. But if I ______ (have) more money, I ______ (buy) it.
11. I got wet because I didn't take my umbrella. However, I ______ (not/ get) wet if I ______ (remember) to take my umbrella with me.
12. I'm broke, but I ______ (have) plenty of money now if I ______ (not/ spend) so much yesterday.
13. Tom's hobby is collecting stamps from all over the world. If he ______ (travel) to a new country, he ______ (spend/ always) time looking for new stamps.
14. I'm doing the test very well now. I ______ (not/ do) the test well if I ______ (not/ revise) thoroughly last night.
15. ______ (you/ take) that job if you ______ (know) that you had to work nights?
VII. Using the given information, make conditional sentences. Use if.
1. I don't ride the bus to school every morning because it's always so crowded.
2. The schoolchildren sowed some seeds, but they forgot to water them so they didn't grow.
3. Stop talking or you won't understand the lesson.
4. The wind is blowing hard, so we won't take the boat out for a ride.
5. Carol didn't answer the phone because she was studying.
6. I feel better now because you talked to me about my problems yesterday.
7. Because I don't have enough free time, I can't help my mother with the housework.
8. Rita is exhausted today because she didn't get any sleep last night.
9. I didn't prepare for today's lesson: So it is difficult for me to understand the teacher's explanation.
10. I don't want them to be upset, so I've decided not to tell them what happened.
11. Martin failed his driving test last week because he was very nervous.
12. Go' right now or you'll be late for the train.
13. Sally doesn't know what she has to do for homework because she was absent from school on Friday.
14. Olga and Ivan weren't paying attention, so they didn't see the sign marking their exit from the highway.
15. Paulo is working on two jobs right now, so he doesn't have time to help you with your remodeling.
VIII. Change the following conditional sentences into reported speech.
1. 'If I had any money I'd buy you a drink,' she said to me.
2. 'If I catch the plane I'll be home by five,' he said.
3. 'You should stay in bed if you feel unwell' my mother said.
4. 'What would you do if you were having a problem with grammar, Jane?' Anne asked.
5. 'If I'd had my mobile yesterday, I could have contacted you,' Matthew said.
6. 'If I were you, I'd stop smoking,' she said to her brother.
7. 'If you happen to be in our area, drop in and see us,' they said.
8. 'If the baby is a girl what will they call her? he wondered.
9. 'If I don't practise my English I won't get any better,' she said.
10. 'If you press this switch, the computer comes on,' he said to his students
11. 'I'd have been in bad trouble if Jane hadn't helped me,' he said.
12. 'If you have time, wash the floor,' he said.
13. 'If the door is. clocked what shall I do?' she asked.
14. 'If we had a calculator, we could work this out a lot quicker,' they said.
15. 'If you don't apologize, I'll never speak to you again.' he said.
IX. Complete the second sentence so that it has a similar meaning to the first.
1. Jack was late to the meeting because his watch was slow.
2. Heinrich regret not having gone to art school when he was younger.
Heinrich wishes ____________________________________
3. We don't live in a big city, so we can't easily get access to the Internet.
4. 'If your job is so bad, why don't you leave?' she said.
5. I used my calculator; otherwise I'd have taken longer.
6. 'If my car was working I would drive you to the station,' Tom said to his mother.
Tom told ________________________________________________
7. Speak to her only if she speaks to you first.
8. If I weren't in my 70s and rather unfit, I might consider taking up squash.
9. 'What will you do if you miss your plane?' she asked.
She asked ________________________________________________
10. Return the product to the shop if you have any complaints about it.